PDA

View Full Version : Fish-eye London (Fast Loading)

RogerPf
11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Susan and I went up to the National Gallery today to see the Raphael Exhibition. As it was a sunny day I grabbed my camera and the fish-eye lens for a bit of fun.

http://greatnetideas.com/temp/2004-11-10__Fish-eye_London

If you have a slow dial up the best way to see them is to click the first icon and then keep clicking the *NEXT* link at the top of each page and NOT to go back and see the icons.

HINT
====
If you can't see all of the picture then (IE users) PRESS the F11 key. :) also try closing any side panels in your browser.

You don't have to do them all at once :)

Sorry if any of the following sound pompous but I keep being asked so here is the answer :)

License
======
Non-commercial
---------------------
Any member of WetCanvas is free to use my photos for any non-commercial use of any kind, an acknowledgement, where appropriate, would be appreciated. (Please do not bother with avatars etc)

Commercial
----------------
Any member of WetCanvas is free to use my photos for a *SINGLE USE* in producing a single piece of work. (E.g. for a one off painting to sell.) In this case, an acknowledgement *IS* required, (e.g. put something on the back of the picture), AND in addition you need to notify me when you first realize that you may want to sell the work, (a WetCanvas PM will cover this requirement).

For multiple finished pieces (e.g. doing a painting and then printing a set of note-lets), please contact me, I am sure we can work something out. (For serious commercial work I can provide any image in high def 3072 x 2048 16 bit)

--
Roger Pf

Flattwo
11-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Hello Roger

I lived in london for 17 years, so a lot of these images bring back good memories.

I like 12 and 13 with the windows 14 looks like the leaning tower of office :)
#50 was interesting Champagne and Lingerie..a heady mixture :wink2:

I really enjoyed viewing the photos...thanks

Henry

PS what happens when you take a photo of a Fishes Eye with a Fish Eye lense..do they cancel each other out :D

hopefulbucky
11-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Neat Roger, am getting used to the fish=-eye lens and you are taking some remarkable photos. Thanks for sharing.

Uschi
11-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Great photos and FUN!!!! Thank you!!!
Uschi

laudesan
11-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Certainly different.. :) I see you got blue skies.. Lucky you.. :D

TexasTabby
11-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Love the photos. Especially the pidgeons, lovely color in the bookstore and I guess a cafe? What is the name of that beautiful river? Where is Wokingham? or Berks, England? Is this fish eye lens part of a digital camer? thank you. Texas Tabby :cat:

Lampburke
11-10-2004, 08:24 PM
I never imagined that London was so overweight. :cool:

RogerPf
11-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Many thanks to all for the positive responses - and a special welcome to WC Watercolor to the new posters, well you are new to me. :)

Love the photos. Especially the pidgeons, lovely color in the bookstore and I guess a cafe? What is the name of that beautiful river? Where is Wokingham? or Berks, England? Is this fish eye lens part of a digital camer? thank you. Texas Tabby :cat:
Well what can I say. At first I though you were making fun of me :) :) but even if you are I don't really mind. :)

The river that flows though London is the Thames. Berks, short for Berkshire, pronounced Barksher, is the county to the west of London. Reading is the county town of Berkshire and Wokingham is just to the south of Reading.

For a few more London photos see my finished photo website

http://greatnetideas.com/photos

For fisheye Wokingham see this thread. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225955

My SLR digital camera has swappable lenses. But some normal digital cameras can take add-on fisheye lenses. JJ, who posted above has one.

JJ, if you see this feel free to and a link to one of your photos series. :)

Thanks for looking

--
Roger Pf