PDA

View Full Version : An impatient Aussie bush scene

Mark Newton
11-10-2004, 05:57 AM
Todays paint throw and to me only just bearable, but I get days when I just dont have enough patience....today was one of them. Anyway....a bit of Aussie bush as I often see it when I camp in the mallee/desert fringes.

John H
11-10-2004, 06:15 AM
This looks fantastic. What size is it?

nancyw
11-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Mark, very graphic and detailed. Barren and dry. Too hot for bare feet. Good job. Nancy in FL (formerly from west TX much like this scene)

Mark Newton
11-10-2004, 07:49 AM
This looks fantastic. What size is it?
Sorry about that, my usual size, 900mm x 600m and about 2 hours.

Bertoni
11-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Mark:
You say only "just bearable"....
I'd say you really have a magic touch with these acrylics! Nice work!! :clap:

Bobbo
11-11-2004, 05:35 AM
hi Mark
this looks good enough for me
sometimes impatience can be a good thing
put your first impressions down
and don't dwell to much on the little details

ExpressiveAngie
11-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Its filled with light and heat...would think that this would sell quite easily

rickymanchester
11-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Mark - I'd love it if my "off-days" produced work of this quality. It looks great, and I love the way you make something so barren seem full of energy and life (and colour).

:clap:

damar
11-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Ditto what rickymanchester said :)

Einharjar
11-11-2004, 10:09 AM
What!!!! "impatient scene" - u had me - i thought that was the reference and was waiting for ur "just bearable scene" to load! :clap:
i wonder what u do when u are at peace...
2 hours! gosh...wish i could pant like that in 20 hours; or at all
Sam

gnu
11-11-2004, 01:47 PM
yummy! fabulous composition..I often think we do paint well when we are relaxed and not worrying about what we are putting down, but just going with our gut instinct...You've captured the spirit of this place, even though I've prob not been to such an area.. :clap: :clap:
I will be in your fair land tomorrow!! yipee!!, Blue Mountains here we come! :wave:

Charlie's Mum
11-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I like the colour and atmosphere and all the elements are well painted......so why don't you like it?
Could all the elements be just a little bit 'bitty' and separate? That's the only reason I could think of to make you dissatisfied ( if you are dissatisfied!) :)

Mark Newton
11-11-2004, 06:38 PM
I like the colour and atmosphere and all the elements are well painted......so why don't you like it?
Could all the elements be just a little bit 'bitty' and separate? That's the only reason I could think of to make you dissatisfied ( if you are dissatisfied!) :)

Thanks very much to all for the positive comments, much appreciated. To Charlies Mum, I think you are right about the 'bittyness', maybe that was bugging me, it just didnt seem to run together as I would have liked, but I pretty much like it now after having had it done for a while. I think also it bugged me because its a bit different to that which I often come out with and maybe it just didnt seem right at the time....that's painting eh!

John H
11-11-2004, 11:02 PM
One of the things I admire about it is that is has so many horizontal things in it without being "too" horizontal - it works very well.