PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Night Acrylic on Canvas, 25" by 30"

debimari
11-09-2004, 08:43 PM
I have been at this most of the day... and need feedback.

Showing two photos , as the flash hit the painting... and I wanted you to see the actual painting...

Also .. This canvas has about 5 other paintings under this one... ( including the very first I showed here.. LOl!) ...

Comments for improvements always welcome!...
Debi !...

Artguy29
11-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Hi Debi,
It's difficult to see your painting at this size; would you be able to enlarge it?
From what I can see, though, it looks very nice.
The sand could use some dulling so it dose not stick out as much.
Hope to see a larger version of this one. If you have any questions about uploading your photos, feel free to ask; we're more than happy to help :) .

Dave

debimari
11-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Thanks Dave... how do I delete the ones I put in? I have it on my site... it came out better there. But I will try again.:o) !...

MKathleen
11-10-2004, 12:44 AM
:wave: Hi Deb:
I did visit your site and the image on your site is much much better. I think you truely have the beginning of a really nice painting. I feel the sand color is to important and takes away from the rest of the painting. I'd like to see it removed all together--take your hand and cover the sand area and see if you don't see an improvement. Now please that is just my opinion others may or may not agree. You are the final judge you hold the brush. :)
Kathy

Artguy29
11-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Debi,
This should be a slightly larger version:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Nov-2004/25905-oceannightB.jpg

Dave

debimari
11-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Kathy , Dave ... Thanks so much for all the help here... will be working on the sand today for sure! Putting photos here really is helping me see from a different point of view...which is exactly what I need!... Much appreciate!

debimari
11-10-2004, 08:38 AM
If I go "no sand..." You are saying "all waters"... ? A continuation of the blue /violet tones? ... I am intrigued with this idea... :) .... I will see what I can come up with!..