PDA

View Full Version : wde..Old Cappy...almost didnt post here

ExpressiveAngie
11-09-2004, 11:41 AM
because I have just been in such a low place emotionally I didnt know if I could handle c and c -- but you know you cant grow if you dont put yourself on the line so here it is .... :wave:
12x24 on wrapped canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/29518-wdecaptain.jpg

joa
11-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Very nice, Angie! I like the cloudy-day look, and the reflection on the concrete (seawall?) is great!

Jo

mrsarthritis
11-09-2004, 12:10 PM
For me it captures perfectly the feeling I get of the smallness of man when in front of the vastness of nature. I find your painting very effective.
Liz

Bertoni
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Angie:
I like that nice wet look you were able to get where he's walking on that pier! :clap: :)

billiam
11-09-2004, 12:58 PM
you should know everyone wants to see your artwork. very good, i love the comp. hope you get back up, it's no fun. bill

Artguy29
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Hi, Angie, nice work!
Very effectice color scheme you got going here.
Thanks for posting; excellent job!

Dave

Bobbo
11-10-2004, 03:47 PM
always good to see your work
'cos you work hard and improve
this one is no exception,
it's got great atmosphere
wich to me is always more importand than details
like they way you greyed down the colors to achieve this
the wetness is also very well done

the only critique;
i would have liked to see more difference
between the water and the pathway

all my best wishes and remember;
life goes up,life goes down,it is all a circle
you're not alone

rob

JamieWG
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Very nice job, Angie! I love the way the yellow pops against all those blues. Your portrayal is very effective; I can feel the cold. 'Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jamie

Charlie's Mum
11-10-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm glad you brought him across for a visit Angie!
That reflection of him on the pier is really good and wet.
Yes, the water could probably be a bit darker, but I concentrate on HIM - he's so closed in on himself.
Stick with it and do more when you've time................
.....feeling any better yet? :)

jyvonne
11-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Oh, Angie...

That picture looks so much like my own father... when he could still walk without canes. It brings tears to my eyes. (we are separated by 500 long miles these days.)

Your painting brings forth so much heart felt emotion in me. Thank you for sharing it. God bless you.

jyvonne

PS. I hope you feel better soon. I have walked the long and lonely road of depression/sadness myself and will pray for you tonight.

ExpressiveAngie
11-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Thank you so much Jo Liz Bert Bill and Daveand Jamie...I really appreciate the knid words

yes Rob I see what you and Maureen are saying...Thank you both

JYvonne, I am so happy this painting makes you feel good because it hurts me to view it...I have PMed you.

To all:
I guess its hard to keep your emotions out of your paintings huh? Also I want to say thank you for your caring words, and even tho it is cliched to say I know *time heals* I still feel very sad but I have the comfort of 2 beautiful children and a wonderful family and all of you great folks at WC...

jyvonne
11-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Thank you Angie... I got your pm, and although I couldn't reply right away, I did send you a reply tonight.

May God bless you.
jyvonne

SilverLady
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Love this painting. Love the colors. You have captured the looks of a man leaving a day of labor behind.

Thanks for posting.

Silverlady