PDA

View Full Version : A PSP 9 WIP using Media brushes

Elvira
11-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I have been experimenting with PSP 9s new media brushes this is an unfinished image. I find the inability to merge the media layers without them becoming raster layers that the media brushes don't work on annoying I must find a work around so as not to lose some of the effects of the media brushes when finishing up the image.
Edie

Jin
11-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Edie,

Your skies are getting more and more glorious with each new painting! :)

Chiers
11-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi Edie. I like this. I hope you post it when it's finished.

About the art media layers. If you use "merge down" instead of "merge visable" it should remain an art media layer.

Elvira
11-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi Edie. I like this. I hope you post it when it's finished.

About the art media layers. If you use "merge down" instead of "merge visable" it should remain an art media layer.
Thanks for the compliment. I just tried merging down it still reverts to the default raster layer.

Think I'll complain on the Jasc board.
Edie

Chiers
11-09-2004, 09:42 PM
When you open your origional canvas are you ticking art media, or raster? If you open it as an art media then add another art media layer, it should remain art media when merge down is used.

Think I said art media enough? hee hee

Elvira
11-09-2004, 10:14 PM
I started with an Art media canvas, but then I must have somewhere along the way caused it to become raster as my background layer is a raster layer. On my next one I'll make sure to keep it meadia and see if it works but it is too late now.
Edie

TxAggieDarlin
11-10-2004, 09:29 PM
oh yeah..great sky....looks really nice!!

Elvira
11-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Here it is finished and in danger of being overworked LOL, the Pine tree is real It grew on the farm I grew up on, the rest of theimage is the result of imagination and playing with the brushes.

Though this is almost fullsize the fullsized version matted can be seen at.
http://www.indeptharts.com/album_page.php?pic_id=365
Edie

fugitive
11-18-2004, 02:40 AM
I've been into the AM since the beginning and am learning more, but it still sucks a bit. One thing on keeping a AM layer, is always save in PSP 9 compatable in the options list. No matter how you use them, the AM paints stays the same, unlike some in Painter. I use a regular smudge and push for blending, as the AM smear is useless.
One tip on painting. To really make the BG recede, dim the sat, and also less sharp edges as things recede. I still like it, the clouds talk to me.

greg.

Elvira
11-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks Greg, for your comments. I don't find PSP9 slow but then the machine I use is rather an new fast one, my fiance (he use to build fast cars, now his hobby is building fast computers LOL at the moment the computer I use is the recipient until he can afford to build his dream machine) is constantly rebuilding it when I painted this image it was a 2.9ghz Atholon with a Raedon 9550 with 256mb DDR ram on board and 512 DDR on the mainboard, haven't tried PSP9 (have to reinstall) yet with the latest version of Atholon 64, 3? ghz, same video card, 1gig DDR Ram but I do know that Painter 9 smokes, was playing last night I played around with a huge canvas and very large brushes and couldn't slow it down but didn't get into building an image as Alf isn't finished with his lastest modifications, I'm not sure where he is headed this time.
In the painting I used the AM smudge tool to get the cloud effect I mostly used the smudge finger.
Edie

JulieBoyles
11-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Edie, this is beautiful!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I love the clouds and the way you made the road leading into the painting is great! The colors in this piece really draw me into it!! Great job!!

Oh and by the way, I'm jealous of your computer building fiance!! Sounds like you're going to have a super machine to work on!!!

Congrats,
Julie

Elvira
11-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks Julie for your kind comments. There are draw backs with having a tinker in the house, you never know when you have to reinstall everything and start over LOL. It is lucky I keep all my work on a seperate partition. But I must admit I loveit when he is done playing and I have a stable fast machine to play on, fo awhile. The problem comes when I have to find the money to update the programs to go with it. LOL
Edie

Edie