mr sandbanx
11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
do do de doo dah!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

amaze_1101
11-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Zippidee dooo daaa zippidee night ...

Starsprite
11-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Good for you Chris!! Now I can get a head start too!! :D Zippity doo dah...zippity day! :D

Starsprite
11-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Wow Elaine....I posted mine without even seeing yours!!!!!! :D

amaze_1101
11-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Wow Elaine....I posted mine without even seeing yours!!!!!! :D

Just goes to show how brilliant you are ..or I am ...or both of us are ... :clap: :wave:

Lulu
11-08-2004, 11:14 PM
:music: my oh my what a wonderful day :music:

Hi all! Yup, beautiful day here again, and my cup runneth over with the joys of life:) I won't make you tired again with my energetic doings of the day lol

Just read the last of yesterday's wash.
How did Bart get on I wonder? Hope you'll come in and let us know Bart.

:wave: to all before me and all yet to come :wave:

Starsprite
11-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi bouncy!!!!! (Lulu)...glad to see you feelin nice and chipper...you're lookin good too!!! Thanks for adding on to the zippity song! LOL :music: :music:

Bart is goin in for the cath tomorrow.... it's still Monday night here actually. Said he'll let us know. Just found out he has family in the city I live in.

KathyJB
11-09-2004, 12:21 AM
Plenty of sunshine....

morning/night night washies

and a good day to all,

Katinhat

Ottersong
11-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Plenty of sunshine comin' my way............

Hey Bart, don't try and do very much for the next few days, the angioplasty takes a lot out of you and besides you don't want to break that clot loose. I have had 5 or 6 of the darn things.

Didn't paint at all tonight :evil: got my nose stuck in an old Clifford Simac novel. See you all tomorrow maybe.

Love Otter

mr sandbanx
11-09-2004, 01:48 AM
:music: :music: Its not easy being green....lalala.

Hey it's just me and the Supremes! Cool.

Hi Mary, Lulu and you others up there in the alto section. And where is Jackie by the way??? She could carry this tune I am certain of that.

So am up too late again trying to get in Christmas spirit in order to finish this weeks challenge. Building a teepee for my Em.... And avoiding overdue newsletter but thats another story I guess. WC class tonight, penultimate one! Supposed to do one project for the last three weeks but I am too impatient so I am doing one a week instead.

zippity doo dah zippity aye :music: :music:

Chris

laudesan
11-09-2004, 02:31 AM
:wave:

Just got back from the Dr's..

Alan's knee is going to be fine, just needs to wear the knee brace thingy for another couple of weeks, not climb any mountains and go back in 2 weeks for another checkup. (man thing) ;)

My knee is not quite fine.. Have spurs growing now which is causing the pain. All those of you with arthritis will know.. :( Op in 20 years time.. **sigh**

I still don't get it, I really don't. I worked in theatre, and I know that this op can be done up to 5 times, not 2 like my GP says. He reckons after 2 knee replacements the bone marrow turns to mush and wont accept anopther stainless steel rod. Pooey..!!

Oh well.. **sigh** nothing I can do about it at present. Time for me to start "researching" again.. ;)

Yorky
11-09-2004, 03:03 AM
Morning all :wave:

Pretty dull, dismal morning here - forecast said sunshine :rolleyes:

Not much doin' today - got to tidy the house for Ruth's sewing circle tomorrow, do a little admin work for Probus, then will have the opportunity to paint. Can't say I will - I'm in the doldrums at present.

Hope everything went OK with the angioplasty, Bart. Seems a pretty routine op these days.

Glad Alan's knee trouble isn't serious.

Off for brekky now, BBL,

Doug

Roun2it
11-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Morning each,

Welcome to the doldrums Doug, it's calm in here, no winds no ideas and no paints!! I think Lulu's bugs have whafted over here. Not been feeling well for a few days been keeping my head down and not even visiting the wash :eek:

I'm glad I'm doing the the challenge cause I will have to get something started today.

Doug I challenge you to paint the 'apple' picture that Chris picked for next weeks challenge. So, go on, take a deep breath, get your paints out, no ink needed.

I'm of to paint a Christmas card. See you later.

JJ, you knee is sore cause you've given it some pain for the last few weeks, and now tour resting. Its inflamation, it attacks you worse after you have rested from working hard. I would recommend, heat and cold pads and anti-inflamatries. The knee replacement is not what you want. My surgeon will do anything not to perform the surgery. It isn't the answer to dodgy knees, and it isn't a cure, it just opens doors to other problems. And he should know what he is on about.

Lulu, please send some of your new found vibrancy over here. Have you painted recently? I bet there stunning if you have done it in this mood :envy:

madmum
11-09-2004, 03:50 AM
Good morning peeps :wave:

A bright start to the day, always helps to make me feel brighter!

Amy called late last night (nearly 11pm), she'd been kept busy all day, and that was the first time she'd had a chance to call! She sounded totally exhausted, and said she'd done alot of running, with more to come today.

Uschi, yes, unfortunately she has been talking about a career in the army for the last 3 years :( I'm hoping this experience will change her mind, and she'll choose to join the police force instead (her second choice). She's a bright girl, though, so hopefully she can get a trade which doesn't involve any front line postings!

I sketched out a new floral yesterday, and with the good lighting today I might make it a WIP (first one for ages)

Chris, a teepee? How wonderful!

JJ, glad Alans knee is OK, sorry yours isn't :(

*Weaving* to all,

Ruth

Roun2it
11-09-2004, 04:08 AM
Is anyone else getting confused by the number of 'stickies' at the top of this forum? With so many, threads don't seem to be given the prominence they deserve, it took me a while to find the Wash even with it’s ****.

Hi Ruth. If you want any advice on police recruiting let me know, I finished my career in training and also held the post of Career Development Officer, for Lancashire.

madmum
11-09-2004, 04:14 AM
Kev thanks for the offer, I hope I'll need to take you up on it! ;) Whatever Amy decides to do, it won't be for 3 years as she has her GCSE's this year, then A levels (fingers crossed!).

I know what you mean about the stickies, but I've seen worse in other forums ;)

Sorry you've got the lurgy now, I feel much better after my dose of it, but I still have a bit of a cough :(

Ruth

Yorky
11-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Re the stickies, Kev, the Get Together stickies are temporary so as to keep the details of the venues etc handy in case others want to join in. Otherwise they would quickly get pushed off the page - out of sight out of mind.

They will eventually disappear.

Doug

Lulu
11-09-2004, 04:20 AM
Morning each,

Not been feeling well for a few days been keeping my head down and not even visiting the wash :eek:

Lulu, please send some of your new found vibrancy over here. Have you painted recently? I bet there stunning if you have done it in this mood :envy:

So sorry to hear that you haven't been well Kev ((())) - does that help?;)
You have been missed, was about to send out a search party:p

Oh yes, I've been painting.......... have a look at my page at trademe lol
More big butts! lol I saw them in Oz LOL

Will send some of my bounce through cyberspace for you:)
And yes, I for one am getting confused about the stickies, wonder if they could be condensed into one where people could find the appropriate thread of their choice? Don't know.

Hi Ruth. Glad you're over the lurgy, the cough takes a wee while to leave.
Hi Doug, Hi JJ, Hi Chris, Hi Otter, Hi Kat, Hi Patty, Hi Elaine:D

Now I lay me down to sleep..............

laudesan
11-09-2004, 04:28 AM
Yeah Kev (((((((((((((((((((from me too)))))))))))))))))))))

Lulu, I can't remember your Trademe sign in name?????

Alan says thank you so very much for your kind words..

Roun2it
11-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Isn't it Daisy42 or something like that?

Lulu
11-09-2004, 04:32 AM
Lulu, I can't remember your Trademe sign in name?????

Daisy42:D

Now I lay me down to sleep I pray to God my bounce to keep............
Please feel free to add to this! lol

Nite all :wave:

laudesan
11-09-2004, 04:36 AM
Yep. Thanks. I was typing in Daisy44 :p

Did I mention that i went to the Cafe Venice this morning, the one who is hanging my paintings..

I went in to see how the original paintings was doing (Autumn Harvest) and she says oh bring more up..

Cool went home picked out 4 more I had here. Em's Grapes. The Water Tap. Abandoned. Autumn Walk. Might have already sold Autumn Walk to their Chef.. He loves it, and wants his wife to see it. I have 375.00 on it, told him if he really wants it he can have it for 350.00 seeing as he's staff..:D **fingers crossed**

So!! Alan is back to work tomorrow.. I am getting my paints out!!!! ;)

Europa
11-09-2004, 05:01 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Yes it's morning and I was up at 9.30am (and no I did not wet the bed!!).

Am feeling particularly chipper this morning as I have finished one of the portraits of my great nephews (well the head at least) and even if I say so myself - its brilliant!!!.....LOL......am so chuffed with it!! This is the photo I am using.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/29499-Henry__James_1.jpg

and this is it so far......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/29499-henry_james_1.jpg

Looking at it now I can see there are a couple of tweaks needed but on the whole am happy.

Ooh gotta go - am being shouted by SWMBO - wonder what delights she has in store for me. :confused:

Love and hugs and white light beaming all over the place - BBL

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!

Pat xxx

JudyL
11-09-2004, 05:26 AM
Good Morning, a quiet Tuesday, should be getting busy, as it will be the only day I get to stay home, and will soon. Wanted to post the painting of Son and DIL's house I did. I KNOW I should post it in the gallery, but wanted friends to see it first. I will do the other one, if I can take the photo without glass glare.
House is in Charlotte, NC

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/13051-JA_House_reduced.JPG

Ok, dishes now, bbl

JudyL

painterbear
11-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Good Morning all,

It is 5:30 a.m. here in Ohio, early Tuesday morning, very chilly today.

Roof is still in the process of being de-shingled! (Made up that word for the occasion. ;) ) My curiosity about what the orginal color of the roof was has been settled—deep forest green! Yikes, that was one color we never even considered. The second color was very, very close to what we picked: Burnt Sienna (but in flat shingles, not dimensional like the new ones will be); the third color was the one I disliked a lot, sort of a deep red. Yuck! So far they have cleared off the back part of the roof, maybe they'll tackle the front today—or maybe they'll start applying the new shingles to the back first. That's how I would do it, but they didn't ask for my advice. :o :wink2:

Kev, Sorry you haven't been feeling very well, hope you shake it quickly so you can start your Christmas card painting. I'm looking forward to seeing this week's challenge between you and Chris.

Ruth, Tell Amy to get her college degree first if she decides to join the Army. That way she would go in as an officer (if it works the way our military service does), and have a broader range of career fields she could follow, in addition to higher pay, of course.

CRS has set in, TMTRTI (figure that one out), so I'll just say "Hi" to all I've missed. Hope everyone has a great day and those in the Recovery Room are feeling better.

Have to touch up one little area of my bird painting, then I'll post it in the Gallery later today. I started a new one from a reference image in the IL that has really strong shadows and arches! I'm trying to see if I can be brave and mix my colors more deeply so I can paint it in one or two washes at most. That is new for me, I usually do lots of washes, building up the color, this would be more direct. I got it half right in class yesterday. Painted one column in two washes, the undercoat and the shadow side; but the second wash on the wall in the bg turned out to be very wimpy when it dried. :crying: Will try again today.

Off to see what is new in the Gallery.

Take care all, have fun painting.

SYL,

Sylvia

Flattwo
11-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Hello and Good Morning

Lovely sunny day here, with a couple of showers..beautiful!

Kev..I was thinking that yesterday about the stickies and the polls, there was around 14 or 15 on the board...a bit too much, you give one person a sticky and they all want one :evil:

Maybe there should be a "sticky forum"

Henry

Yorky
11-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Come now, Henry there are 5 stickies total. as far as the polls go, they are just like ordinary threads, they come back to the top when people post to them.

Perhaps a separate thread for polls? :evil: ;)

Doug

jaytee
11-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Now just where has that little guy rolling around on the floor laughing gone when you most need him :wink2:

BTW I have just poted a poll
(NB translation for Doug - for poted read posted :evil: )

Uschi
11-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Weather - dull and cold.

We have gone several degrees below freezing, so I guess winter is just about here.

Yesterday I cut the grass while snow flakes were drifting down and wearing a skiing jacked, it's the last time this year, if I didn't do it the thatch next spring would be too awful.

Also painted another one of my colourful ones :D

Read all yesterday's and today's posts, too many to reply to, so will just cheer on energetic Lulu, commiserate with all having health problems and view everyone's paintings in the gallery and send good thoughts out to one and all.

:wave: :wave: Uschi

DominicM
11-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Wow, busy here today, not feeling creative at the minute :( I been back in UK for 10 days now and already feel the need to emigrate to somewhere warm and dry......

My breathing cleared up, ie no problems, whilst on holiday. :clap: :clap:

But has regressed in the 10 days I have been back, to the point I had to take yesterday off... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Guess I better start saving/selling paintings (joke) then maybe/perhaps I can escape to the sun on a permanent basis...

{{{{Hugs and Prayers}}}} to all who need them, too

I am going back to working out my escape plan... ...

Little Old Lady
11-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Greetings!
So much going on today that I am part of the CRS crowd,
Sylvia gral you are finally getting your roof!
Painting group this morn. Hope i can finish something worth posting,
Have a good one!
JoAnn

pampe
11-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Good Tuesday, washers and washerettes

STICKIES- if you want it changed...get a majority and ask...I imagine the idea was to make it easy for folks to know about the ACTIVITIES

POLLS...someone is pulling up old polls in a very annoying way...I wish they would stop..I do not plan any NEW ones :evil:

Have a nice day

JudyL
11-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Sticky's? I think they're useful and they don't bother me, just scroll down.

droll13
11-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone.

Still having recurring DSL connection problems, so just dashing in to wish you all a happy & healthy & creative day.

JudyL
11-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Got to thinking about the old polls being refreshed, and checked. One, on mixing on paper or pallette, has the date of the last entry as 11-9-2004 on the list, but inside it shows it was actually done in May, some weird glitch? or just plain spooky?

CharM
11-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Good morning Washers... popping in quickly before my next meeting...

The sun is shining gloriously here in Chicagoland... no wind, either... :evil: I didn't' even have any frost on the windshield of my car to scrape... our office building is just around the corner from my hotel, so no traffic to fight...

Sending out some cyber-elastic to those who're drooping today... and a couple of ((())) too... :D

Stickies... polls... how hard can it be to scroll down??? This is just indicative of all the activity on our website... now... how bad can that be???

Looking forward to all the new artwork in the Gallery...

:wave: to everyone! Sending positive vibes and good thoughts your way...

Hayward
11-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Good morning all (opps posted this in Monday's wash - reposting it here)

Thank you for welcoming the new addition or first edition to my son and his wife. Adam & Amy and the new one Emily born 10/30.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/47044-Family1.jpg

Son is keeping pretty busy between working full time / school full time and house fixing and new baby....lol. However most of us did it and he too shall survive....it does mean however that I hardly get to talk to him, and the pictures are slow in coming....

Kev - feel better soon

Bob - hang in there - you have a wonderful support system here.

Lulu - thank you for you kind words - can't wait to see your paintings.

The Northern Lights were beautiful - sorry eveyone could not enjoy them.
a while bac there was a WIP on painting them.......wonder if we all should revisit that ????

Ruth - I hear you about your daughter and the dangerous career she is interested in, I had two boy in the Marines, both are currently out.. one very recently. This current fighting makes me glad they are "done" with it...unless of course they call them back.....they always have that in the back of their minds. I saved all the frantic emails from my youngest when he was over there and....well I put them away and thank God he's home. Of course they both want law enforcement as a career.....oh joy.

Hello to all - {{{{take as many as you need}}}}

Jo

painterbear
11-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know, especially Uschi who asked about this the other day ;) , that I finally downloaded my photos and posted a thread with a demo of the painting I did using the pour technique we learned about in my watercolor class several weeks ago. It is called Autumn Landscape—Poured and you can see it here (www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2892340#post2892340) if you are interested in that type of thing. :wave:

Will be back later to check out what's happening here.

Ta ta,

Sylvia

JudyL
11-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi, Just got a quick picture of the sunset tonite, The first I've caught since the two great tatty trees were removed. This is the view we get now.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/13051-sunset_reduced.JPG

BBL
JudyL

Flattwo
11-09-2004, 11:58 AM
JudyL...excellent image there!...a Tatty here is a Potato, we grow them in the ground, not on trees :D

Henry

JudyL
11-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Ok Henry, in this case "tatty" as in shabby, decrepit, unwell, down right ugly.
JudyL

JudyL
11-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Oh, and I don't grow my Tatties, the milkman brings 'em!

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 12:17 PM
This is getting interesting! :D So the milkman brings your tatties (which are potatos to Henry)..and are taters to me. LOL. We don't have a milkman and he would not be bringing taters I wouldn't think as it isn't a dairy product. How unusual Jlynn and informative. :D

hopefulbucky
11-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Morning all, beautiful photos of sunsets and babies and paintings. Hope you all are having a great day. Here is is foggy again in Portland, kind of gloomy ah for those days of sunshine.

Pat, wanted to mention how good that portrait is coming along. You should be very pleased with the one nephew, love his hair you captures it perfectly. Maybe you want to post your painting in the gallery so we can all make comments on it???

Judy, I laughed at the "tatty" tree as I had to say it out loud to make sure you weren't saying "tatter". How funny

All have a good day.

Europa
11-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks Judy - I dont want it to look like a WIP - will put it in the gallery when I have finished it - I was just soooooo chuffed seeing as how I have struggled with portraits..LOL.

Thanks again

Pat

droll13
11-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Back online, but don't know how long my connection will survive.

3 photos from my front yard yesterday. Not compositionally strong, but I like the light & shadow patterns, and the color contrasts. The 3rd one is my favorite - in the full-size original, the light showing through the top of the central leaf is really striking.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/23514-MVC-699F.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/23514-MVC-713F_rotation_crop-01.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/23514-MVC-710F.JPG

Ottersong
11-09-2004, 01:17 PM
OOOOOO Dave, what is the name of the plant tnat produces those georgous purple leaves? I have got to have one. Is it evergreen or dicidous? (sp)

Have a great day everyone hope we all have a wonderful paint day.

Love Otter

Flattwo
11-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi Judy

I love Tattie and Neeps with my Vegetarian Haggis!

Our Milkman used to deliver Legs of Lamb :)

Henry

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi Judy

I love Tattie and Neeps with my Vegetarian Haggis!

Our Milkman used to deliver Legs of Lamb :)

Henry

Ohhh gosh!!! Pray tell....what are neeps, Henry?? And I hate to imagine vegetarian haggis as I do know what haggis is...never would eat it...but I know what it is. :) (where is repulsion icon?) LOL

So milkman delivers tatties, milk (I presume) and legs of lamb. Heck I'll just hire one to bring me all of my groceries and skip going shopping. Yeah!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Forgot to mention..I love that sunset picture Judy and Dave I like the 2nd pic of the leaves...the purply-pink ones!! Jo, congrats on the new granddaughter!!!!! She is beautiful and your son and DIL look very proud and happy!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

droll13
11-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi Otter.

The plant with the purple leaves is nothing we intentionally cultivated. It appears to be just a garden-variety kind of ivy (which I periodically have to cut back lest it strangle the other growth) - certainly nothing exotic.

In most lights, the leaves are more on the red side - from a vivid high intensity red to a darker rich red-brown. For some reason, they looked more purple (purplier? Is that a word?) in yesterday's light.

Hi Patty - you snuck in while I was responding. I was gonna try to fool Otter and tell her that the plant with the purple leaves is the rare "Tatty Ivy", scientific name Dilapidatus hederacea.

JudyL
11-09-2004, 03:05 PM
I must tell you I LOVE the idea that the milkman delivers potatoes! Unwashed as well. Just having a milkman is unique for me. We had one when I was young, but rare as hens teeth in California. I have thought of signing up to order my groceries over the internet.
Neeps are turnips, and swedes are rutabagas, and are good mashed with carrots. I have had haggis, in Edinburgh with my sister, batter dipped and deep fat fried, not bad. I still look for the place that sells batter dipped deep fat fried Mars Bars though.
Love the picture of the plant life, and the new baby and new parents.
BBL
JudyL

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi Patty - you snuck in while I was responding. I was gonna try to fool Otter and tell her that the plant with the purple leaves is the rare "Tatty Ivy", scientific name Dilapidatus hederacea.

LOL...Very good Dave!! You hear that Otter...it's the rare "Tatty Ivy" :D :D

I faintly remember when I was but a wee child, a milkman leaving milk on our front step........ but nothing else...just bottles of milk. :)

I would try the deep fat fried Mars bar! :)

madmum
11-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Neeps are turnips, and swedes are rutabagas, and are good mashed with carrots.

Except in Scotland, where turnips are swedes! (confusing, I know! lol)

I heard from Amy earlier, the poor kid! I think she's starting to realise how much hard work army life is! She's camping out tomorrow night, rather her than me, it's pretty chilly at night! I asked whether she still wants to join the army, and she said she'll have to think about that!

We don't use the milkman any more, we have a shop across the road and the milk is much cheaper! We do have a veg man who brings us 56lb sacks of taters/tatties/spuds every 2 weeks! :D

Judy, lovely sunset! All we had tonight was pale pink clouds :(

Congrats Jo! :clap:

Dave, the purple ivy is very attractive!

Hugs

Ruth

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Except in Scotland, where turnips are swedes! (confusing, I know! lol)

I heard from Amy earlier, the poor kid! I think she's starting to realise how much hard work army life is! She's camping out tomorrow night, rather her than me, it's pretty chilly at night! I asked whether she still wants to join the army, and she said she'll have to think about that!

We don't use the milkman any more, we have a shop across the road and the milk is much cheaper! We do have a veg man who brings us 56lb sacks of taters/tatties/spuds every 2 weeks! :D

Judy, lovely sunset! All we had tonight was pale pink clouds :(

Congrats Jo! :clap:

Dave, the purple ivy is very attractive!

Hugs

Ruth

Ruth, so does that make "neeps" to Henry swedes? And swedes are not Swedish people right? :D I should be working..... just in a goofy mood. :D

Your family goes throught a 56 pound bag of taters every two weeks??? That is ALOT of taters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your daughter is very brave to join the Army! I know I wouldn't last through boot camp!

Yes the purple "tater ivy" is purty aint it? LOL :clap: :clap:

madmum
11-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Patty, this is 5 days of work experience, a taster of what army life is like before she decides for sure!

Yes, Henry's neeps are swedes to me, and no they aren't Swedish people diced, boiled and mashed :evil:

And 3 growing teenagers easily eat most of those potatoes in 2 weeks! :eek:

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Patty, this is 5 days of work experience, a taster of what army life is like before she decides for sure!

Yes, Henry's neeps are swedes to me, and no they aren't Swedish people diced, boiled and mashed :evil:

And 3 growing teenagers easily eat most of those potatoes in 2 weeks! :eek:

Well it's good she has that before she signs on the dotted line. At least over here the recruiters are very intimidating.

I love potatos...I could live on them I think...that and ice cream! :)

Flattwo
11-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi Patty etc

A Neep is a Swede and a Turnip...http://www.stooryduster.co.uk/pages03/neep.htm

Henry

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 03:37 PM
LOL....I think I'll skip the neeps!!! They seem to give a vile intestinal wind...according to the article Henry!! LOL :eek:

Lulu
11-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I love potatos...I could live on them I think...that and ice cream! :)

not together I hope :D :p

Speaking of turnips (and not swedes lol) - we had the first of the season with our dinner last night. Yum. I like eating them raw too (as I do swedes):)

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 03:48 PM
not together I hope :D :p

Speaking of turnips (and not swedes lol) - we had the first of the season with our dinner last night. Yum. I like eating them raw too (as I do swedes):)

Oh no...not together..... potatos one day..... ice cream the next! :D

So you ate some turnips last night? Everyone back off...Lulu is coming through! LOL

Flattwo
11-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Hmm...I think I would be rather partial to a little nibble at a Swede :p but certainly would not neck a Neep :D

Henry

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Hmm...I think I would be rather partial to a little nibble at a Swede :p but certainly would not neck a Neep :D

Henry

Nope...that would make you a Neep necker!! LOL :D

Ok....back to work.... I'm gone...LOL <poof>

droll13
11-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Ah - potatoes! A great and cheap meal. Nuke a potato in the microwave, add chili and/or cheese, and/or jalapenos, and/or hot salsa. Maybe sprinkle on some bacon bits. Good stuff.

Glad you liked the purple ivy Ruth.

Otter - I hope I didn't sound like I was picking on you.

I'm starting to make the rounds of local businesses to see if they'd be interested in my calendar. Maybe realtors would find it attractive to give to people considering moving here. I'm also targeting independent small businesses that might get a fair amount of tourist traffic - fast food franchisees, liquor stores (although the competition from the calendars featuring busty young women in skimpy bathing suits is formidable), even the Huntington Beach City Hall. My current price is $15 (US) - right in the middle of the range for monthly photo calendars selling at the big bookstores. But friends and fellow WCers will get a discounted price.

Later today or tomorrow I hope to finish updating my website so visitors there will know that I'm offering calendars. I'll even customize individual calendars with the family birthdays/anniversaries they provide me, as well as making sure it shows the national holidays for their home country. I'll also try to work out a way to customize it even further - letting folks select their favorite photos from my website for their calendar.

Who knows - this might be profitable after all. That would be nice.

painterbear
11-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi All,

Just zooming through a la Jana, but all this talk of potatoes made me want to add my 2˘.

Guess what we are having for dinner tonight— a potato frittata! Slice several potatoes into quarter-inch slices (peel first). Saute in a broad frying pan in a little vegetable oil until cooked through and slightly brown and crispy on the outside. Arrange in a single layer in the frying pan. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Beat several eggs in a bowl and pour over the potatoes. Lift the edges to let the liquid egg run under the potatoes as it sets. When it is pretty much cooked on the bottom, invert a large platter over the pan and tip upside down so the frittata slides onto the platter. Slide it back into the pan with the uncooked side down. Cook a few more minutes until all the egg is set.

Serve with buttered toast and sliced tomato (or ketchup if you don't have a tomato).

Makes a good, hearty, quick, vegetarian dinner. Add sausages or bacon if you like.

Dave,
Your photos are gorgeous. Your calendars should be equally lovely, bet you'll do great.

Ruth,
You're just hoping they work Amy so hard this week, she'll NEVER want to go in the Army after she gets back. Did she choose this work experience, or was it a random thing where she was assigned?

DH is rattling the frying pan so I guess he's hungry.

See you all tomorrow morning.

Sylvia

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 06:13 PM
MMMM MMMMM MMMMMM...that potato frittata sounds scrumptious! I take it you don't use a lot of oil to fry them in because if you inverted a plate over it and turned it upside down the grease would get all over the place. I would probably add some onion and green pepper...and maybe garlic too.....

Your hubby rattles the frying pan when he's hungry?? LOL :D :D

The calendars sound interesting Dave..I'll have to check them out.

laudesan
11-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Sticky's? I think they're useful and they don't bother me, just scroll down.

I agree !!!!!!!!!!!

And the polls are very informative too. What harm are they???

Down Arrow.. :D ;) :p Yes??????????

Back to rading the wash.........................................................................

DominicM
11-09-2004, 06:16 PM
with the purple leaves is the rare "Tatty Ivy", scientific name Dilapidatus hederacea.

This has to be a wind up - it can't be a genuine latin name.... it has to be a wind up... somthing called Tatty Ivy with a first latin name like that

laudesan
11-09-2004, 06:21 PM
This is getting interesting! :D So the milkman brings your tatties (which are potatos to Henry)..and are taters to me. LOL. We don't have a milkman and he would not be bringing taters I wouldn't think as it isn't a dairy product. How unusual Jlynn and informative. :D

:D Oh you guys are taling about spuds.. :wink2:

I love swedes and turnips.. Yum! Alan wont eat them he says they are cow fodder.. ;)

Gorgeous photos!!

Sylvia Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. Glad you are getting that roof fixed kiddo.. :)

Gotta run have to give the house a whip over, Julie coming after lunch for a look at holiday pics ect..

huggles..

JudyL
11-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Sylvia, sounds like something we have sometime. Fried potatoes, with bacon or ham, and onion, sometimes green pepper. Eggs in, and top with cheese. Won't tell you what my brother called it because it is a bit rude! Mighty tasty though.
JudyL

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 06:29 PM
This has to be a wind up - it can't be a genuine latin name.... it has to be a wind up... somthing called Tatty Ivy with a first latin name like that

No Dominic...it's REAL!!!! It's rare...the Tatty Ivy. :) :clap: :wave:

droll13
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM

You are absolutely correct - completely made up !!!

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 06:32 PM
You are absolutely correct - completely made up !!!

Dave...shhhhhhhhhh :wink2:

droll13
11-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Dave...shhhhhhhhhh :wink2:

Don't anybody jump to conclusions.

Can you believe what I post? Who knows? If you're convinced I was just yanking on your chain before, do you have any reason to believe what I write now?

Starsprite
11-09-2004, 07:58 PM
LOL Dave!!! I think most everyone knows you were just kidding with the plant name.... all cept for Dominic..and I thought I would wind him up even more.....but didn't work, bad timing. I think our joke has been found out. ;) Oh well.....onward....

I would like to check out your calendars though....are they on your web site yet?

droll13
11-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Patty,

No, not on the website yet. The calendars are in a format (Calendar Creator) that I can't directly put on the site.

If you really want to see it, I can convert it to Adobe format and email it to you, but the files will be rather large. (Same offer to anyone else who might be interested.)

Meanwhile, my DSL connection problems continue (at night and in the morning I have trouble connecting - probably due to humidity), so I probably am almost done for the night.

laudesan
11-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Patty,

No, not on the website yet. The calendars are in a format (Calendar Creator) that I can't directly put on the site.

If you really want to see it, I can convert it to Adobe format and email it to you, but the files will be rather large. (Same offer to anyone else who might be interested.)

Meanwhile, my DSL connection problems continue (at night and in the morning I have trouble connecting - probably due to humidity), so I probably am almost done for the night.

I have Daves' Calendar sitting right here in front of me.. :)

Scenes From Hunting Beach..

I just love the photo of the Egret with the fish in his mouth, the Sunset, Time of reflection,SQUIRREL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Dave I just can't choose a best pic, except the squirrel. :D Absolutely beautiful Calendar.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am about to have a look at your website now..:)

GAIL.. I am burning my wax potpourri tarts too. Memmories.. **sigh**

Europa
11-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Right am off to bed - just spent a delightful hour or so chatting to Lyn (Artmom) on the phone.

TMTRTI - so will say goodnight and see you all tomorrow!!

DON'T FORGET FOLKS - BOOK TWO OF THE FISHY TALE HAS STARTED SO WE NEED YOUR INPUT - AND CAN SOMEONE LET PEARL KNOW WE ARE WAITING FOR THE ADVERTS!!!

(For any newbies to the Fishy Tale it is advisable to read it from the beginning so you know where the story is going and then people dont get confused if anyone goes off on a tangent.........yeah right!!! ROTFL)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - love and hugs all around.

Pat xxxx

laudesan
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Nite nite Pat.. (()) :D

A Fishy Tale Book 2 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2894519#post2894519)

Well I just had the greatest pleassure of getting into Dave's Website thru' his sig line link!!!

I have been trying for nearly a year now, and for some reaason his server VERIZON was blocking us down under folks.

SO folks from Down under we can get in now.

Yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Ottersong
11-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Davrre, what about the Latin name ? That sounds like a joke too. I do love the name tattie ivy, LOL. it is very pretty, would love to have some.

Just read the fish story, hilarious. HMMMM wonder why Mark called me a snapping turtle this morning, has he been reading the fishy story???????
Everyone seems really up today, glad to see it.

I hope to get to paint some this evening and maybe post a couple of recent pieces I did for the WDE, it looks like that is all of the painting that I have been doing lately. Going to try and make it downstairs this weekend as I need to was curtains and I prefer to do that myself, so wish me luck with the stairs.

Otter

laudesan
11-09-2004, 11:52 PM
(((((OTTER)))))

Definitely "luck" witht he stairs..

Isn't the "Fish Story" a riot.. :D

droll13
11-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Just got my ISP connection repaired - hope it lasts.

Thanks JJ for the kudos about the calendar. I'm making some improvements to it.

Otter - the Latin name was a complete fabrication just for laughs.

Gotta get working on unpdating my website.

BBL...