PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash *** Monday Nov 8 2004

Lulu
11-07-2004, 09:34 PM
hi everyone:)

Wahooo! I started the wash and there are not any other duplicates! lol

As I said in yesterday's wash, another perfect day in Paradise:)
Brimming with life and good health here:) Had to change my tinyhead to reflect that lol:D
Been to the gym, been gardening, lots of tidying up after a wet winter. Pruning back shrubs, planting out etc. John has been mowing lawns, working in his vege garden, even got his 60 yr old rotary hoe going to tidy up a bit more garden for his veges. Now he's gone off to the gym:) Tigers for punishment aren't we??? lol:D

To all yet to come... :wave: :wave:

mr sandbanx
11-07-2004, 09:37 PM
hey Lulu you are way ahead of us. But a day behind??? I cant figure this out. You wait till the end of the day to be first at the start of the day??????

Excellent:Spent all day with Em making teepees for school. Watched Shrek 2 that is a great movie. Has ogres in it. Took her for dinner and then went to church (again). Hymn sing night and I was asked to run the sound board. Cake and coffee after... yada yada...

Came home and checked the Wash and Little Old lady mentioned Northen lights... ran outside and there ya go... lime green it was so cool. Got Em and the dog in the car and drove like a maniac about ten miles north to get away from the streetlights and we sat on the hood of the car and watched them... was awesome! Took some pictures but they did not turn out too well.

All the lights came from behind some low clouds all across the sky and met in a point right above our heads.. what a treat . I like that stuff. Em was thrilled too. Dog was decidedly disinterested.

Not much happened other than that!

Oh, talked to friends of mine who told their son is at University of Queensland in Brisbane... haha. JJ if you see him say Hi.. His name is Grant. I took him to camp when he was about as big as Spritey.

Seeya all.

chris

Lulu
11-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi Chris, it's not quite 4 pm Monday here, so the day isn't over yet. But I wait for at least some of the rest of the world to move into Monday before I start the wash:)

Wahoo, seeing the Northern Lights! wayyyyyyyyyy cool Mr SandBanx!
I was standing outside the University of Queensland a couple of weeks ago, wonder if that might have been Grant who walked past??:D

Uschi
11-07-2004, 10:04 PM
I might as well relate my fun day now and then tomorrow morning I'll just have to say "good Morning Everyone" :D

Well, really wasn't that exciting, but compared to my normal days, well :D - we had a good brunch, made breaded pork chops, with home fried potatoes, green beans and for dessert applesauce with fresh cream.

Then another friend called and wanted to go to a craft fair, I spent money :eek: and later was invited out for dinner.

Was a beautifully sunny day, really wanted to paint but what the heck, have to take these opportunities as they show themselves.

That's it - end of excitement :D

Watching the news and then off to bed!!!
:wave: Uschi

mr sandbanx
11-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Was it a beautiful day or what Uschi??

I was invited to go on a "saunter" after church... LOL saunter sounds like for old folk!!! I went...sigh. (No I did not I made that part up.)

Anyway why am I here?? ....oh yes. Lulu love that sparkly thing you got going there, and those earrings are ..... massive. No wonder you are in good shape, dragging those around.

Yes that was probably Grant....

Chris

Lulu
11-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Anyway why am I here?? ....oh yes. Lulu love that sparkly thing you got going there, and those earrings are ..... massive. No wonder you are in good shape, dragging those around. Chris

:D :p :D

ktrayn78
11-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi guys! The northern lights?! I'm so jealous. I've only seen them once in my life. I was driving home from work late one night and there was this verticle streak of white light. Couldn't figure out what it was, even tried wiping it off the windshield. Then I picked up Steph for a midnight run to Meijers and lo and behold the light had morphed into a faint but giant red arch. Nearly drove off the road staring at it. Very cool.

I was a little grumpy today because I was given a free Chevy's lunch and didn't have the appetite to eat it. So on the way to the car when Steph said she was looking forward to some "quiteness" I briskly informed her that there is no such word as "quiteness." That provoked gallant b.i.l. to step in and stand up for her by insisting that there is such a word. What the heck? She's my little sister, I'm supposed to correct her english, right? So then I snapped at b.i.l. in front of his mother (who had bought my lunch in honor of b.i.l.'s birthday.) Feel like kind of a jerk (but not about the "quiteness" thing!)

Featuring the new and improved signature tonight, don't know what I'll do without my v.o.l. quote though. I'll have to think of some way to work them in...maybe put a big picture of Bill Mallonee up in my profile! :p

Christie
11-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Good Morning/Evening All!

Had a busy Sunday and I am going to have a quiet Monday to make up for it.:D

Best Northern Lights I have seen were in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, believe it or not. Amazing display and the dog I was with could have care less as well.:D

Chris, I would love to saunter after church! However, by the time Sunday school is over, my 9 year old needs to burn off some energy.:D

Lulu, nice sparkly things! Suits your personality! If you are working so hard you must be feeling better!:) Congratulations on starting the Wash.

Uschi, sounds like you had a nice day.:)

Sorry to any I have missed. I am off to bed now and looking forward to some sleep...

Take care.

laudesan
11-08-2004, 02:57 AM
Hello from me.. :wave: Nearly 6.00pm here.. Alan is busy at the kitchen sink preparing the veges for our dinner. He wanted to cook tonight.. Roast Lamb.. Yuuuuuuum!!!!!!!!!!

We went to the Dr's. Dr Mina says he is pretty sure Alan didn't tear anything in his knee, seeing as it didn't swell up at all when Alan hurt it, but he wants him to have an xray tomorrow just to be sure there isn't anything wrong, no foreign bodies in there ect.. ;) So we will do that first thing. I have to have an xray as well on my left knee, as it is giving me curry like you wouldn't believe.. :( He thinks cartilidge is probably all worn out.. **sigh**

Apart from that we are so healthy we are dangerous!!!! ;)

JT I will put the London pics in a seperate thread tonight just for you.. ;) I shall put a link here later when I have done it O.K.

o.K. HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2888575#post2888575) is the link to the London pics..

bbl

Sharon Douglas
11-08-2004, 04:23 AM
A quick dash through from me,
The builders are due at any time and I haven`t had anything to eat yet.

:wave: :wave: I hope everyone is having a great day, I hope to get back later. :wave: :wave:

Europa
11-08-2004, 05:08 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just got up - 10am here - well I set my alarm for 9am but just kept pressing the snooze button....lol.

Lulu - you are far too energetic - making me feeling positively tired reading what you been up to. :p

Chris - have never seen the northern lights - am soooo jealous. I never have a saunter after church - mind you would be different I suppose if I actually went to church...lol.

Uschi - yummmmmmy - can I come for brunch at yours sometime - sound positively delicious.

Waving to Ktrayn - impressed with the new signature.

Christie - sleep well - cya tomorrow.

JJ - glad to hear Alan has finally gone to see about his knee - am going to go look at your pics - dont think I will be able to be much help naming the places though....lol

OOps - hi Sharon - we xposted. :wave:

Right will BBL

Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

madmum
11-08-2004, 05:14 AM
Morning wet and washies :wave:

This morning I waved Amy off to her work experience placement. Most of the kids in her year are going to offices or hairdressers or building sites, and will be home for their food and sleep every night, but Amy and 5 others are spending 5 days, 4 nights at an army barracks in Shropshire. In one way I hope she enjoys it, but at the same time I really want her to hate it!

Yesterday was spent sorting out her clothes ready for packing, and making sure she wouldn't forget something important. Amy was out of the way, playing football with her team, good news is they won 7-2! Now I worry for the next 5 days!

Chris I'm :envy: - I'd love to see the Northern lights!!!!

Lulu, love the sparkly tinyhead! :D

((((JJ)))) If the cartiledge has had it, at least the surgery isn't too invasive to fix it! Yummmmmm, lamb!

Sharon, all the upheaval will be worth it when the work is finished! :D

Weaving to all,

Ruth

painterbear
11-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just quarter to six in the morning here in Oakwood. I hear the paper delivery man's truck outside. He parks in front of our house (probably because he sees the light on) while he puts his papers in front of the nearby houses.

Chris, There was a most gorgeous, brilliant crescent moon in the sky when I came into my little studio/office. Not as much fun as the Northern Lights though. I :envy: you and JoAnn the wonderful opportunity you had last night to see them. What fun sharing it with Emily like that. You are building wonderful memories for her.

Lulu, It is so good to hear how much better you are feeling now after you were so dragged down by illness for such a long time. Way to go!

Uschi, Even though you didn't get to paint, it sounds like you had a fun day. I wanted to paint yesterday but my "D"H kept coming up with little projects and he needed my "help." I discovered it is hard to keep your concentration up and make progress on bird feathers when you are INTERRUPTED EVERY FIVE MINUTES! Gr-r-r-r-r!:wink2:

Pat, My middle daughter used to do that too with the snooze button and invariably she would be late getting ready for school. I finally moved the clock w-a-y across the room from the bed so she couldn't reach the snooze button. :eek: Wasn't I a mean Mom????

Ruth, Hope your daughter has an enlightening five days with her work experience. I think that is a terrific idea, wish our schools would start a program like that. The only work experience I had had before graduating from high school was as a babysitter and a clerk in a drug store (pharmacy).

JJ, Sorry to hear your knee is bothering you too. Hope Alan's is healing after his tumble.

Weaving to Kim, Christie, and Sharon, and AWAYTC!

Today is my final class with Nita until the new year. We are supposed to do another painting in class so I need to find something from the IL that I think I can do in a couple hours of straight painting. I'm still working on the one I started last week though (the birds). :(

Off to check out the Gallery now.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
11-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! White roofs turning light orange with rising sun, very light blue sky - very pretty BUT supposed to get flurries later on.

Not much happened since my post last night except that I had a good sleep :D

Ruth - please tell me that this doesn't mean that Emy is thinking of joining the army.

Sylvia - :envy: about your class with Nita.

I think I am going to paint a complimentary piece to my colourful pouring painting i.e. turn the tulips around so they face the other ones so it can be a pair.

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!!!
Uschi

P.S.: Isn't there supposed to be a painting of JT's and Olga's challenge in the gallery????? :D

Starsprite
11-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Good mornin!! Another Monday mornin..... ah well.... LETS MAKE THE BEST OF IT!!!! LOL Caffeine IV hooked up and running. :D I hope everyone had a great weekend. Sounds like Chris and his daughter Em had a good one!! Jess and I saw Shrek 2 awhile back and it was great! I forgot to look for the Northern Lights last night...but will check for them tonight. Read in the newspaper that Tuesday should be the best night to see them...but it's supposed to be overcast here...so will look for them tonight.... clear night. :)

Yesterday spent the afternoon with my sister and her kids watching boat races. Her son is in college in Mizzou... Columbus, Missouri and was in the race. It wasn't as fun to watch as I thought it would be though as they didn't race each other at the same time....they went one by one and were timed to see who made it the length of the race in the best time. I still don't know what they placed in the race I watched. Those kids are STRONG..... what great exercise they get rowing like that. Here is a pic I took, not good as I dont have a telephoto lens...but my nephew is the 2nd in the front of the boat. I would rather be the person in the back of the boat who yells at the others to keep rowing! LOL :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2004/6385-Brettrowing.jpg

Time to shake the daughter up for school...make sure she is up and getting ready. :)

Have a great day! :)

Little Old Lady
11-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Greetings :wave:
Glad my mention helped Chris find the Norhtern light. I am fortunate to live away from outside lights.
Where is Lynn. Hope Vol's loss did not do her in :crying:
Board meeting this morn and dentist at 1. Glad I am not one of the dentistphobics. Kim it is fun tomake up word,
Have a good one.
JoAnn

painterbear
11-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi Again,

Just had to share my good news with you all. Guess who is up on my roof! THE ROOFER and he is tearing off the old roof as I type this. This is a different person than the one who signed the contract (he is the owner of the company, this is the supervisor), so this is the first time he has seen the roof. His comment to my husband was "This is going to be an interesting job, there are so many different angles and shapes to it." He also forgot to mention how steep it is. I couldn't walk around on a roof like they do. It is too scary. Anyway, the sun is shining, there are wonderful long, stringy clouds in the blue sky, and the roofer is here! What more could a girl ask for?????

Ta Ta,

Sylvia :D

Ellen in Ont
11-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Morning everyone, :wave:
Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful day so far. Hope it continues and includes everyone else. :)
Got the hardest day of baking done yesterday and I am baking again today :rolleyes: I want to be finished the baking in the next week to start the decorating. :D I even found a little time last night to start a small painting.
Can anyone tell me the answer to a question of etiquette on the forum? I finished a painting but see that Judy and gang have chosen the same image from the RIL for their challenge this week. I don't want to interfere with their challenge at all. Should I wait for them to post or post anyway? Or maybe not post it at all? Any suggestions?
Gotta dash and start preparations for the cookies. :wave: to AWAYTC

Christie
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Morning All!

Lovely sunrise here today. Regrettably, it warmed up over night and there was no hoar frost to wake up to. :(

I get a day at home today and am really looking forward to it. Think I will take a dog for a walk before coming home and cleaning. This afternoon, I paint!

Sylvia congratulations on getting the roof! Do we get to see pictures?

Okay, time to herd the horde out the door and get out for a walk.

Take care.

Europa
11-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Ellen is it the pumpkin one??

If that's the one you mean then personally I don't mind at all if you post it - can't speak for Judy though :D

Then again I can't see Judy objecting either - Kate is away so there is only me and Judy doing it this week.

Pat

Hayward
11-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Good morning to everyone.

GOOO Badgers! They did good YET AGAIN!

Saw the Northern lights last night as well....wonderful light green color...it was pretty cold out though 24....

I ....emmm.... plucked a Phesant yesterday - My neighbor hunts and I asked to being me back some feathers and he did along with a bird...I saved all the feathers for something - not sure what just yet - but.......will figure something out. The color are incredible.f Even just saving them for color reference is worth it.

JJ - saw your Tower Bridge pic in Sat's wash - my son wants me to paint him a pic and although I have been colloceting some trying to decide the angle I want - I really enjoyed yours (was hoping you had snapped one and would post if - is it ok to use your photo to paint?

Last weekend my other son and D I L gave birth to their first - Emily Rae,
all is well in their camp and they are loving the new addition - I finnaly recieved pic's on Thursday - AFTER calling them and strongly stating my displeasure in not receiving pic's earlier.... (they live in Lancaster, CA I am in WI....only a difference of 1600+ miles -sigh)

Hello to all - :clap:
off to visit the Gallery to see what everyone's been up to over the weekend.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Jo

hopefulbucky
11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Good morning all,

First of all, Ellen I have no problem with you posting your painting. I just happened to pick that particular one for our challenge as it was appropo for the season and looked to be a good challenge. We will still post whenever I get mine done but with hosting the WDE this past weekend, I was too busy to finish mine. So go ahead would love to see how you did with it.

Foggy and damp here in Portland, really froggy as my kids used to say.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Flattwo
11-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Patty

I used to row, in a Coxed Four, I was the "stroke", the one facing the Cox (the Cox was in the stern of my boat) I kept the timing of the strokes going. Yes it is hard work rowing these boats you have to be super fit and strong!

Henry

ktrayn78
11-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Kim it is fun tomake up word,
Have a good one.
JoAnn

I know, you're right, I'm being a total hypocrite. Last night I was punished in my sleep - dreamed that Stephanie was dying! Feel all weepy just thinking about it. I also had a dream that the top halves of my biceps shurnk to about two inches around and looked really gross but I think that had more to do with some lifting I shouldn't have done the day before.

The gallery is my new favorite thing around here, educational and fun. :p

Thanks Pat, I like 'em real small like that, can't see the mistakes :D

Hope everyone is having a nice, peaceful day!

Starsprite
11-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi Henry! So....you were the guy in the back giving the orders right? That would be hard to do also. Yes...all the guys and gals who competed...some 4 to a boat..some 8 to a boat... and then the 5'ers..... all had extremely muscular legs from the rowing motion they go through. Brett (my nephew) was saying how he thought he would get really strong arms doing that but it's mostly built up his legs.

Kim.....that is so funny about your dream....NOT the one about your sister dying but the one about your biceps shrinking....LOL Maybe that was your body's way of saying "I've had enough...don't do that again for awhile!!". :D
I like your new signature line too..... great paintings!

Lulu
11-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Last weekend my other son and D I L gave birth to their first - Emily Rae,
all is well in their camp and they are loving the new addition - I finnaly recieved pic's on Thursday - AFTER calling them and strongly stating my displeasure in not receiving pic's earlier.... (they live in Lancaster, CA I am in WI....only a difference of 1600+ miles -sigh)

Congratulations! :clap: Welcome to the world Emily Rae:)
Wonderful news Jo! :clap: :clap:

Flattwo
11-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi Patty

The guy you say is yelling and not rowing is called the cox, steers the boat as well is at the front (bow) of the boat in your pic, not the back! our Cox was at the back (stern) of the boat facing the rowers, the first of which would be me, the stroke. I also rowed a single skull :)

Henry

Starsprite
11-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi Patty

The guy you say is yelling and not rowing is called the cox, steers the boat as well is at the front (bow) of the boat in your pic, not the back! our Cox was at the back (stern) of the boat facing the rowers, the first of which would be me, the stroke. I also rowed a single skull :)

Henry

Okedokee! I was waiting for Wetcanvas to come back up so I could explain...LOL :) Now I remember..that picture was taken on their way BACK from the race... they had finished the race and were heading back in reverse...so the cox is in front in the pic. Also two of the guys seemed to be resting while the other two rowed, (on the way back)... the ones resting must have had to work harder during the race I would presume?? I don't really know much about these boats (as you can see). But I enjoyed watching them and have an admiration for the rowers and their strength and endurance. Did you row in college, Henry? Here's a pic of them carrying their boat. Most of my pics didn't turn out for some reason or another. Also I didn't know the person giving the commands also helped steer the boat... I would say they all have an equally hard job.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2004/6385-Brettrowing2.jpg

JudyL
11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Ok, let's try this again, I had finished and clicked submit when it went blank and lost it.
So, not much, went to Harrogate and did some shopping done for Christmas, now have to decide if I should mail it, or pack it. Just got books for neices 5 kids so will have to read some first. Two are history of Kings and Queens and British stories for the older two, who are really interested in things Brit. I also found a simplified Shakespere for #3 daughter, #4 is getting Revolting Rhymes, #5 is a boy aged 3, he is getting a Bob the Builder noisy book. Books are heavy, I always do that to myself when Bussing, buy heavy things. But did have my backpack to save my back.
Came home and fixed the painting of Son and DIL 's house, needed to turn the blue door brown. I may post that one, I have not posted any paintings yet. Timidity rears it's ugly head.
Better do this before site loses it again.

JudyL

pampe
11-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Happy Monday, all

Headed to the pool early...got in my 1/2 mile

Then I shopped for Christmas gifts for a family we have adopted....was fun...but I really see the INCRESE in the prices on children's clothing and toys....EGADS....how does anyone manage?

Had lunch with a friend and now have made it home.

Need to get organized for our trip to Chicago this weekend...I hear the weather will be REALLY COLD

I missed the Northern Lights last night :crying: Went to bed early with a headache,...BUMMER..they are usually spectacular here

Have a joy-filled day, evening or sleep :wink2:

CharM
11-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Hi from the Windy City, everyone!!! Wasn't this just a gorgeous day??? Heavy frost last night, still lingering this morning on everything...

Wonderfully chatty Wash today!! :D Great pics, too!

You should see the cute little car I rented when I arrived... a PURPLE Mazda 6... woo hoo!

I've only got a few minutes, so I'm headed over to the Gallery...

:wave: to everyone!

pampe
11-08-2004, 06:04 PM
hey, GF...how long will you be there...we'll be there Friday AM

CharM
11-08-2004, 06:21 PM
... didn't plan this very well... I'm flying out Thursday night... major bummer... :( :( :(

... plan for lots of road construction... so what else is new??? :D

droll13
11-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Just now got online - every time it rains or the wind blows, I can't connect. And my ISP has been less than responsive.

Anyway, haven't had time to read the wash, but hope you all had a good day.

Hey - I just discovered that I've been credited with 2 referrals. I didn't know that - I wonder who they are?

jaytee
11-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Evening All....... well by the time I post this it will probably be 'Morning All'!!!

just about made the roundbin challenge deadline again.... with 15 mins to spare......getting to be a habit !!! It really does make me appreciate having that challenge and feeling the moral obligation to paint SOMETHING and not let Olga down!!!

This time I pinched one of JudyBs pics and did 2 hr WDE with watercolour crayons that arrived thismorning from Christie. ....... am I getting too experimental for my own good I wonder.....Ive even sent for gerald Brummers(?) Collage book from Amazon !!!!

Missed the curtains I was desperate for as couldnt get onto Ebay to beat a high last minute bid...... the whole internet seemed slow today..... but Ebay ridiculous....... was WC down too then ? also ordered 2 books oabout ebaying that the lady with the curtains recommended I read if Im going to start selling!!! They may arrive tomorrow....... now Ive spent all my spare cash :D

Congrats to the family of the new babe with the pretty name I now cant remember, and to lucky viewers of the Northern lights........

Ruth.......I do understand how you must feel.......but have a sneaking suspiscion Amys going to ADORE it :(

Apart from Char and Pam missing each other by hours, all is now CRS:( Pam ... if you want to see a pic of your painting rag it appears in my challenge thread :D

past the witching hour of midnite here so time to get on my broomstick :evil:

HH&J

Ottersong
11-08-2004, 07:42 PM
EWWWWW, I had hopd to see the northern lights tonight but we are totally socked in with fog, darn. I have bad CRS today since I read most of the wash this AM so I will just tell a little about my day. Went to PT today and got worked so hard that I had sweat running in my ears, phew. Worth it I guess so that I can do the stairs again but it sure is slow going. DH and I were talking yestarday and it wasn't just the two months of being down that lost all of the muscle but the couple of years before that when my back was so painful that I was not able to climb the stairs or just walk very short distances so I have several years of flabby muscles to build up again,ick.

Maybe tomorrow I will post the WDE that I did this week and a couple of other pieces. Still not up to par though on my painting. Sure are some nice pieces in the gallery, making me jealous :envy: :envy: :envy: , hopefully I will be back to form soon. Wishing good painting to all.

Love Otter

Flattwo
11-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Char

You dont know how jealous I am of you, Chicago is the City I wanted to see most in the US, something about the place fascinates me, maybe beacause my Grandfather used to live there, anyway have a successful business trip

Henry

BobH
11-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Just jumping in at the end of the day for a quick hello.

CRS is operating at peak efficiency right now. The only thing I can remember is Char renting a Mazda 6. I used to own one of those (well, the 626 incarnation of it). (sigh) I loved that car... It had 225,000 miles on it when I sold it. (sigh) I still miss it and often feel I never should have gotten rid of it. (sigh)

Anyway, enough gettin' maudlin about a car! Jiminy Cricket!

Spent yesterday sick after spending Saturday running around Raleigh buying more stuff for my daughter. She is heading to New Zealand for the month of January on a hiking/camping/photography/drawing/whatever-all-else trip. And we have to buy her all this specialized clothing and gear. Spent over $500 in REI on Saturday! Urrkkk.... Oh, well, it's only money and what else would I do with myself for the next 30 years if I didn't have my kids' educations to pay off?? :eek: :D

Congratulations on the new baby!! (Now if I could only remember who that was ... oh, it was Jo! Congratulations!!)

Good luck with the new roof, Sylvia. That's a tough job, not to mention scary!

JJ - I hope Alan's knee is okay and doesn't need surgery. I've had ops on both my knees. I have to say that it is quick surgery and quick recovery with that arthoscopic (sp?) technique.

Great earings, Lulu.

See y'all tomorrow.

bart25
11-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Hope every one has had a grand day today. Here in central Kansas we even saw the northern lights last night. My wife and I were returning home from a bible study group and the entire northern sky was lit up with a very pale green color. It was absolutely beautiful. Every once in a great while we get to see them here in Kansas. Living in a rural area makes it easy to see them. The day here was very pleasant and mild. I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I will be having a heart cath done tomorrow afternoon. Seems like they think there is something a little abby normal with the old ticker. So say a short prayer for me.

Well it is time for me to call it a day. I have been lurking on the WC quite a bit lately. So will close and Maybe talk with you again tomorrow evening.

Bart

Starsprite
11-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Bart!!!! Lucky you living out in the country and getting to see the Northern Lights. I live in the city, (Wichita), couldnt seem them. I guess I need to get in the car and go out a'ways!! Around what time is best to see them???

Sorry to hear about the heart cath...but it is the best way to find out if you have any heart problems that need to be fixed...sure beats having a heart attack, huh? Let us know how it goes okay? :)

Ellen in Ont
11-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Hi again,
Another full day of baking done. :rolleyes: Heading out to the hot tub in a minute to relax the aching muscles.
Just wanted to say thanks to Pat and Judy. Yes, it is the pumpkin one. I started it about a week ago for painting class. I guess I will go post it since you both don't mind. Can't wait to see what you guys do with it. :D

laudesan
11-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Back from xray clinic, off to Dr's now for results..;)

Any pics I put up here are up for grabs.. :) Paint 'till your hearts content!!! :)

I wish I could see the northern lights.. Pity we missed them by one week.. :( :crying:

Bob I had a menisectomy done a few years ago, it is day surgery now, can't feel a thing.. :D

I think he will be fine but will know for sure in half an hour..

Later guys..

Huggles to all .. :wave:

bart25
11-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Patty it was around 9 pm last night. Just need to get out away from those lights. I will be in your fair city tomorrow for the tests. Kansas Heart Hospital. Take care and will let you know soon.

Christie
11-08-2004, 10:35 PM
JJ, we haven't seen the Northern Lights out here, so I am sitting here being envious too....:D

laudesan
11-08-2004, 10:35 PM
(((((Bart))))) Hope the results are favourable !!

bart25
11-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks JJ I have faith things will turn out well. Sounds like you spend about as much time keeping doctors company as I do.

Bart

laudesan
11-08-2004, 11:07 PM
JJ, we haven't seen the Northern Lights out here, so I am sitting here being envious too....:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2004/22284-crossfingers.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2004/22284-crossfingers.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2004/22284-crossfingers.gif That you do, would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!! for you AND the kids..:D

Yeah Bart, but at least ours isn't life threatening..

Hayward
11-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Good morning all

Thank you for welcoming the new addition or first edition to my son and his wife. Adam & Amy and the new one Emily born 10/30.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2004/47044-Family1.jpg

Son is keeping pretty busy between working full time / school full time and house fixing and new baby....lol. However most of us did it and he too shall survive....it does mean however that I hardly get to talk to him, and the pictures are slow in coming.... :crying:

Kev - feel better soon

Bob - hang in there - you have a wonderful support system here.

Lulu - thank you for you kind words - can't wait to see your paintings.

The Northern Lights were beautiful - sorry eveyone could not enjoy them.
a while bac there was a WIP on painting them.......wonder if we all should revisit that ????

Ruth - I hear you about your daughter and the dangerous career she is interested in, I had two boy in the Marines, both are currently out.. one very recently. This current fighting makes me glad they are "done" with it...unless of course they call them back.....they always have that in the back of their minds. I saved all the frantic emails from my youngest when he was over there and....well I put them away and thank God he's home. Of course they both want law enforcement as a career.....oh joy.

Hello to all - {{{{take as many as you need}}}}

Jo