PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my Guitarist

mrsarthritis
11-07-2004, 08:15 PM
:( Hi all,

This is my version of Picassos guitarist from his blue period. I originally
painted the background first when I was feeling very sad, and after
looking at it for a week It hit me the guitarist would be good there, I chalked it in, but the problem is I'm not sure whether to just outline the figure with
paint or fill it in. I would like the background to show thru, but I'm not sure.
Any suggestions would be more than welcome, please.
Thanks,
Liz

Artguy29
11-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Hey, Liz, this looks great!
I think a transparent color would be nice; the background would show thru and you would get a nice, subtle shade of color. You can also make the outline of the figure and guitar very bold. This would be a nice combination of affects, in my opinion.
Can't wait to see where you go with this!

Dave

mrsarthritis
11-07-2004, 08:27 PM
oh thank you, I'm dying to finish this, both ideas sound very good, but what transparent color would I use? And also I was debating if I did outline it,
do you think I could use a pearl or silver or copper outline, do you think that would work, or too much?
Liz

Artguy29
11-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Well, the color you use for the outline will determine what color you use to fill it in and vice versa. I was thinking maybe some complementary colors might look nice. Not too sure about pearl, but silver or copper might work nicely as well.
As far as a transparent colors goes, it depends on what colors you have or are planning to use for this piece. On the back of your paint tubes, there's something called an opacity/transparency rating, or something along those lines. This will let you know how transparent the pigment is. I don't know of any transparent colors off hand, but I'm sure you have one or two transparent colors; just check your paint tubes to find out.

Dave

mrsarthritis
11-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I just checked the tubes (I'm kind of a newbie to painting) and yes indeedy it states opaque or transparent. and yes you're right, I was leaning towards the silver or copper to outline also.
Liz

MKathleen
11-07-2004, 11:43 PM
:wave: Hi Liz:
Not sure how to advise you on this I really like what you have done so far. The silver does sound like it would work or maybe even gold. Anxious to see your next update.
Kathy

mrsarthritis
11-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks Kathy, This morning I finally decided to just outline the guitarist, using silver for the hair, gold for the body areas, and copper for the quitar.
Don't know if it shows up well in the pic. It still has to be finessed, but I would still welcome all opinions.
Thank you,
Liz.

ExpressiveAngie
11-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Your title said you needed help but you know what ?, I dont think you did at all...its quite unique and eyecatching...it has a positive vibe :clap:

mrsarthritis
11-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks, I guess I'll leave it like that.

A friend has asked me to paint the Three Wise Men for her mother in law. who collects them, never done that, wish me luck! Iwill post it when I finish. if I finish! :wink2:

Liz

damar
11-08-2004, 11:59 PM
I like what you did with this one...looks finished to me!