PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Themed Watermedia

KreativeK
11-06-2004, 11:45 PM
Is anyone out there in the mood to do holiday or Christmas themes? Apparently there is a huge market for art of this type. Here is a cardinal I painted today on a full sheet Winsor Newton 140 lb. paper using Benjamin Moore latex acrylic and lots of water.

CharM
11-07-2004, 09:16 AM
A full sheet... WOW! This is really a neat painting... but I do believe it should be posted in the Acrylics forum so that you'll get more viewers and comments! You deserve to have lots of folks seeing this!

I've asked a Moderator to move it for you!

Rich Williams
11-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Firstly welcome to Wetcanvas, and to the watercolor forum. The colors in this painting are vibrant and compel the viewer to look again and see what is there.

I will be leaving this posting in the watercolor forum for a while so that others here might see it and learn from the technique.

Rich

Bertoni
11-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the WC Acrylic Forum!!!! Your full sheet is quite impressive!
The cardinal is a beauty!!! Really well done!!! :clap: :clap:
I've done holiday Christmas themes in the past and this serves as a wake up call to maybe do one or two this holiday season!!! :)

Charlie's Mum
11-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Welcome to acrylics - if you don't usually post here!
I like this - the size is mind-boggling!

I love those birds and do wish we had them over here - they're so bright..........however, our robin redbreast has started visiting the garden again, so we do have a splash of red to look forward to in the mornings!

You could always create a project if you wanted more people to join you. :D

JamieWG
11-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Striking! This is the kind of painting that really needs to be envisioned in its true size. I'd love to see it framed and hanging, so if you do that, please show a pic of it on the wall. :clap:

I agree with Maureen that it would be nice to have a holiday-themed project if somebody is interested in getting one going.

jamie

joa
11-07-2004, 08:46 PM
I LIKE IT!!! :clap:

What size is a full sheet in inches? or feet?

Jo

Lady Carol
11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Wonderful. This is really striking.

You used house paint?

TxAggieDarlin
11-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Very happy and colorful picture.....

KreativeK
12-01-2004, 10:23 PM
:clap: Hi everyone. Just now locating my thread in the acrylics forum; sorry it took so long but I've been busy painting more holiday themes such as snowmen. Yes, I used latex acrylic house paint on the 22x30 inches full sheet cardinal working very wet to make the paint spread as in watercolor. I would like to start a project if you will tell me how to do it. After framing I'll post it so you can see it on the wall.

joa
12-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Kreativek--looks like nobody saw your offer to do a holiday-themed project. I think it's a great idea. I am starting a Christmas-themed painting right now, so I am ready!

Jo

Leslie Pz
12-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Welcome! Glad you joined! This is wonderful and should sell very easily!
-Les