PDA

View Full Version : Illustrator Piece

Jin
11-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi folks,

I'd forgotten about this Illustrator piece done for my Illustration and Design class assignment in 1998 or 1999 until the other day when I was searching through files on my website to find something else.

Attached at the bottom of this message is a detail from my "Kosovo Carpet", but you can see the entire carpet and read about it on a page at my PixelAlley site:

"The Magical Carpet" (or a Tapestry from the Heart) (http://www.pixelalley.com/painterforum-indepth/the-magical-carpet.html)

That page contains the text and demo images for a painting challenge we did at In Depth Discussions a few years ago which, like another one I talked about here (the Mask Challenge), was a lot of fun and we had some terrific entries. Most of them were done in Painter unless the participant didn't have Painter and they used their favorite program instead. My Illustrator carpet was used only as an example of what might be done, though my own entry for the challenge, a tapestry, was done in Painter:

Jin's Tapestry Entry (http://www.pixelalley.com/painterforum-indepth/8-14-01-Jins-carpet-05.jpg)

The styles were all quite different and the artists were not only skilled, but used a great deal of imagination to come up with so many different kinds of carpets and tapestries. I wish I could show you that thread, but the site has changed a couple of times since then and all those old threads are long gone.

Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to comment, good or bad... or not. ;)

Yako
11-07-2004, 05:37 AM
Interesting interpretation of Kosovo's reallity. I found some of the rug patterns beautiful. :) :)

It would be a nice idea if this forum had a monthly challenge were a specific subject is proposed by someone expert in some technique (like the ones you do in other forums). I'm sure many people would really appreciate something like this (me the first one :D).

Jin
11-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Yako,

Thanks for taking time to look, and for your kind comments about the carpet illustration.

Good painting challenges can be a lot of fun, to be sure. This is especially true when there are a good number of participants who contribute interesting and varied work. It helps to show other participants and people just viewing the challenge thread what can be done with a little imagination and skill.

Ceu
11-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I really enjoyed this image. The art of tapestry is amazing.:)

Jin
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi Ceu,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks! :)

Yes, tapestry and carpets are a wonderful base for imagination and creativity, to say nothing of using a wide variety of skills from beginner to expert.