PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from the show

Turtle33
11-06-2004, 09:47 AM
hi everyone!
my mom tooks tons of pics from the show last night but here are some!
the first one is of my friend Camille and the oil painter i'm sort of dating but don't have time to.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2004/16927-S__C.jpg

the next one is of a friend i have from where i work! she is the nicest and sweetest lady! her husband is a photographer and they traveled all over the world! my mom and i recently saw a slide show of their travels over the years. their motto is photograph everything and anything!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2004/16927-Sarah_MW.jpg

the next one is of me saying my speech- very badly! i was awful, my face turned bright red and i didn't get time to memorize it! i was so nervous :o
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2004/16927-speech.JPG

this one is of the director of the Berks Art Council! she is an awesome lady and she loves art history too! she was actually talking about taking public speaking classes so we might do that together in the future!
she also bought one of my paintings so that is such an honor to me!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2004/16927-Sarah_Connie.jpg

this is another artist friend from where i work! he is so awesome and i was glad he made it to this show! he also helped me hang my show when i had one in 2001.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2004/16927-Sarah__MS.jpg

the next one is Bob, my framer and my friend and my former high school art teacher! he is so great to me!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2004/16927-S__B.jpg

this one is of a friend of where i work too, and an artist and the man who started the celebration of the arts and the young artist to watch program! he was the one who asked me to try jurying my work for this show and he also helped me hang many shows including this one! i really just love him!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2004/16927-Sarah_Mr._Ruhe.jpg

i sold 6 paintings last night, maybe 7. the show goes on through the weekend! i'm really so fortunate to have all the support i have here and at home! it was such a great night except for the speech part :o but it gave me experience and i learned from that- that i never want to speak publically again :p :cat: :evil:

thanks for looking!

Sarah

Yorky
11-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Congratulations, Sarah! We told you you could do it ;)

Public speaking will come with practise. When I first had to do it my heart was pounding fit to burst and I could hardly get the words out. Eventually I realised that if you are knowledgeable about the subject and speak from the heart, all you need is a series of headings to talk around. I ended up as a union representative and a local councillor and now give talks on local history to various clubs and organisations.

So don't give up, you will eventually master it.

Doug

Sandy1
11-06-2004, 10:43 AM
These are just wonderful! It looks like it was a fabulous time.

artmom
11-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Nice pics, Sarah. :D

Lyn

mr sandbanx
11-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Good for you Sarah...

Chris

CharM
11-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Congratulations, Sarah!!! Especially on the sales... public speaking is really, really hard... :D

LOVE the new hairdo!

Turtle33
11-06-2004, 12:07 PM
thanks CharM :)
it was such a fun night! what was the best was all the people who came to see my art!
i lost it when i picked up the microphone! i totally messed up but thats over now!

thanks Chris :wave:

thanks Lyn :D

thanks Sandy :wave:

thanks Doug! i really didn't do it though but at least it's over now. Connie and i might go to a few classes on public speaking. that would be fun!
that would be so cool to hear one of your talks! i bet you are great at it!
my speech was written well, thanks to you and Lyn and CharM and Sylvia but i just got too nervous and really messed up.
i'm not really giving up, just putting it on the sidelines for now.

thanks for looking at the pictures!

Sarah

juneto
11-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Congratulations Sarah!
Don't worry about speaking in Public , you are an artist not a speaker. You will grow in confidence as you get older. I'm sure of it.
A little tip from doing a lot of acting, look over the audience to the back door and you won't be distracted.
7 sales! Whew! You are really Popping, time to paint some more!
June :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

droll13
11-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Congratulations on the sales.

I enjoyed the pictures - you've been blessed with the help of some good people.

Public speaking can be terrifying, but it does get easier with practice.

Gilberte
11-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Congratulations on the sales and thanks for sharing these good pictures !

Cathie Jones
11-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Congratulations Sarah! Your work is so very good, and you're such a good person, you deserve nothing but the best!!!

NHArtist6
11-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Congrats, Sarah!! It is a real treat to see what's going on in your artistic life and that you are doing so well. Keep up the great work.

John

Uschi
11-06-2004, 05:28 PM
First of all - CONGRATULATIONS on the show and the sales Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo young and already so many shows - WOW!!!!

Secondly, you look soooo elegant, where is the artsy fartsy hair style??? :D

Thirdly, it is soooo nice to see with your friends and supporters and "that" painting looks fabulous!!!
Uschi
P.S.: Thanks for showing us the photos!!!!!!!!

Turtle33
11-06-2004, 06:29 PM
thanks Uschi :) :)
the reception was fun but my face hurt from smiling!
i'm losing my artsy fartsy hair style! after Italy, i decided to try growing it out. i'm still not sure i like it but i'm trying it on for now. don't worry because i might go back to it later. it's torment sometimes!
alot of the people there were really friends :D they live where i work and are the most amazing group of people i've ever met! i learn so much from them!
the shirt was an e-bay find! my mom and her friend from England were looking for a shirt with sequins and beads because i like them! my mom's friend bought it for me and had it shipped! the price was so amazing for the shirt!
thanks for looking :D

thanks John! i'm seriously trying to get myself established as an artist. it's not easy though and i still have soooooooooooooo much to learn!

thanks Cathie :D i'm serious too about my mom's help! she helps me so much!

thanks Gilberte :D it really was a fun show and i wish all of you could have been there!

thanks Droll! definitely, i am so fortunate to know so many awesome people!
thanks June :D i much rather would have painted while i was there then speak! thanks for the awesome tip!

(((hugs)))

Sarah

amaze_1101
11-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Sarah this is great stuff, you must be so proud of yourself. Congratulations on such a successful show. :clap: :wave:

Turtle33
11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
thanks Elaine :) :)

i really was almost overwhelmed by all thepeople there last night!

Sarah

olliewood0702
11-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks for sharing these pics Sarah!! It was fabulous to see how your night went. Nice girl, nice friends & GREAT PAINTINGS!! You are well on your way to being that great artist that you want to be. Congratulations on your sales. Oh...and by the way, your "oil painter" looks VERY nice :D :wink2: :clap: :wave:

juneto
11-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Sarah ,how about taking some pictures of your Framed work so we can see them on the wall framed too ?
I for one would love to see them on the wall.
Hope you took slides and Photos before you sent them out. I didn't when I first started selling and now I have no record of those paintings. Also get in writing that your paintings will not be resold and ask your Buyers if they will allow you(If necesssary to take that Picture for Retrospective shows or special shows in which you want to show your Diversity. June ( Time to protect yourself)

Faafil
11-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Congratulations Sarah!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I am soooooooooooo happy for you!! You're such a genuine person, a fabulous artist, your success is well deserved. You and your Mom should be proud!!

Looks like you had a wonderful time - and 7 sales?? whoohooo!! By the end of the weekend you'll be out of inventory!! :) You look beautiful (and that oil painter isn't too bad either :evil: )

Know what you mean about public speaking - I've had to give a few presentations in the past, and I will never get used to it. I remember the first time I had to get in front of a large group I was 10, doing a flute solo - I totally choked - but made it through it.

Turtle33
11-07-2004, 04:58 PM
thanks Mary Lou :wave: :D
your words mean alot to me! thank you!
my mom is definitely very proud of me!
we did have a great night! just hearing people's reactions to my work means the most. to be congratulated is so cool!
we were there today because an artist was speaking (which was interesting) but no more sales. i'm also having a hard time parting with the paintings sold so i'm glad no more are gone :D
the oil painter is out of my life as of last night. i just can't be out with him. so i told him that. he is just too much for me. thats so cute about your flute solo!

thanks again Mary Lou!

hi June and thanks for all the great advice! i do have slides of the paintings too! my mom is making sure i am protected and i've been doing alot of reading about things. your advice is awesome!
we did get pics of the paintings hung at the show. i will load them later on tonight :D

thanks for looking Darla :wave: :D
it was such a fun night! we all had a great time (except for the speech)
i hope i'm getting there with my art!

(((hugs)))

Sarah

Turtle33
11-07-2004, 09:38 PM
hi everyone!

here are pics of the paintings in the show!
thanks for looking :)

Sarah

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2004/16927-DSCF0165.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2004/16927-DSCF0166.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2004/16927-DSCF0167.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2004/16927-DSCF0168.JPG

Yorky
11-08-2004, 02:51 AM
They look wonderful, Sarah - so big!

Congratulations on your sales, the purchasors can see that you are going to be highly collectable in the future and your paintings are a unique investment.

Doug

painterbear
11-08-2004, 06:08 AM
Hi Sarah,

What a wonderful occasion for you and your family and friends! Your paintings look really great framed and hanging like that. No wonder seven people were wise enough to buy one!

Seeing them together like that really shows what amazing talent you have. I think my very favorite one is still the spiral column with the angel and green and ruby stripe. It is less complicated than most of the others, but something about it just draws me to it. Is that one of the ones that sold?

I like your new hairdo! You look very sophisticated in your sequined top. It is a great color for you and looked most elegant with the long black skirt (or are they palazzo pants?).

Don't worry about the speech. I'm sure the next time you are called on to give a little talk in public, you'll do great (especially if you have the time to practice).

Sorry it didn't work out for you and your artist friend, I'm sure eventually you'll meet someone you'll find you just have to make time for in your busy life. ;)

Have you studied about Caravaggio yet in your art history classes? My DH and I went to a fabulous art exhibit at the Dayton Art Museum last Friday and he was mentioned as having so much influence on a number of painters during the Baroque period in Italy. I'm going to look for a book about him. I remember he was quite a rogue and I think he was killed in a barroom brawl at a relatively young age, but he was a genius in painting.

Great photos, congratulations on the sales, I'm sure your paintings are all going to homes where they will be hung with great pride.

Sylvia

billythekid
11-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Congratulations for the show, Sarah, these paitings are really big. It's a additional step on the ladder.

Little Old Lady
11-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Congratulations on a successful show and having such supportive friends and Mom.
JoAnn

Turtle33
11-08-2004, 09:33 AM
thanks JoAnn :)

my mom is the best!!

thanks Billy :D i love to paint large! the big paintings take up alot of room on the walls but one of the large paintings is gone now. the customer picked it up last night.

hi Sylvia (((hugs)))
i was really scared about hanging there when i saw the easels, standing with string and the base of the large easel was so wobbly! it all worked out though and nothing broke so i'm lucky. my heart sank when i first saw what i was supposed to hang the paintings on! it all came together though after it was all hung!
the angel in the marble painting was sold and it was sold to the director of the Berks Art Council! that was such an honor! she added it to my page on the site's website and commented on it then. i just can't believe she bought it!
thanks about my hair! those are palazzo pants! you have a great eye!
that guy wasn't for me at all. too possessive and not really respecting my space at all. he whined alot too when i couldn't or wouldn't go out. i decided i need more of a guy who goes out with his guy friends, not perfectly groomed and not whiny or so touchy feely :rolleyes:
i think that if i would have stuck to just to saying the speech instead of trying to make it sound like a talk, i would have been better off.
I LOVE Caravaggio! i have a book about his art!!! you are so lucky to see that exhibit! i'll PM you later on the book i have on Caravaggio. maybe you can find it? he was so bad! he was even imprisoned! thanks for looking at my pics! one customer bought three of the paintings! i was so surprised!

thanks so much (((hugs))) Doug! without your perspective help, i would be so lost!

Sarah

Hayward
11-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Sarah,

Thanks for sharing the pictues os just a wonderful night. You are as beautiful as your paintings are.

What a great support group - you look so HAPPY !!! Glad it such a sucess..

Wishing you the best of everything.

Jo

jkook
11-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Sarah, congratulations on your show and the sale of your paintings. Now, public speaking is and art in its self and one which you will learn with time.
Jim

Sandy1
11-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Wow! :clap: :clap: :clap: seeing your pictures together like that just blows me away ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

pampe
11-08-2004, 03:18 PM
CONGRATS!!!!

S....you have grown up in front of our very eyes!!! :eek:

A beautiful, talented woman, indeed.

MANY MANY more good sales and shows ahead, kiddo!

Pam

Olga
11-08-2004, 03:37 PM
What fun to look at all the smiling faces and all the beautiful paintings!
It looks like you had a wonderful evening.

Congratulations on the show, on the sales, on the wonderful art you make!!!!
(Not necesarly in this order)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Olga

jaytee
11-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Sarah :wave: :wave:

I'm late to the party AGAIN :crying: :crying:

and Uschi has already said all the same things I was going to say in the exact same words ........ so Ill just go

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Im really thrilled for you...............cant wait to get broadband and keep up properly !!

As for public speaking...... I used to teach it... ....great idea to go to classes and get over your fear of it.......... I suspect you'll need to be doing quite a lot of it in the future :)

Take care......... keep painting........... pity about the ex boyfriend ... he looked cute :evil:

Turtle33
11-11-2004, 07:17 PM
hi (((hugs))) Jaytee :wave: :wave:
your never late! it's always so cool to hear from you!!!
i bet you were great at teaching! i do think taking a course or two would be a good idea but i'm so short on time! going crazy almost!
i'm definitely painting! alot!
you take care too!

thanks Olga :D it was such a fun evening! i really had fun and what is so cool is hearing people's reactions to my art :)

thanks (((hugs))) Pam :D i think it's my hairstyle that changed the way i look. i got a trim before the show so it really got full and my split ends got cut off :p
thanks again for looking at the pics Pam :)

thanks Sandy :wave:

thanks Jim :D i hope that i won't have to speak again for a long time!

thanks Jo :wave: its that support group that helps me so much!
just like here on WC! it's the best!

Sarah

Fabulous
11-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Congratulations Sarah

I loved to see the photos.
This brought life to the paintings we have seen just as scanned wips!

Fab

Turtle33
11-12-2004, 10:58 PM
thanks Fab and thanks to your Country!
thanks again for looking :)

Sarah