PDA

View Full Version : boots

calador
11-08-2001, 02:12 PM
I used a video game advertisement for my subject.
Let me know what you think.
calador

ShakesWilson
11-10-2001, 09:54 AM
You need to get a date and make it someone outside the mothership gene pool set. LOVE the boots. As always; annoying. Shakes

calador
11-13-2001, 05:17 PM
To Shakes Wilson,
Don't be so sad and jealous that my dates are better looking than yours. At least I stay with in the human species! (A rabbit punch to the gut. That's gotta hurt!)
calador

Calleorange
11-13-2001, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by calador
I used a video game advertisement for my subject.
Let me know what you think.
calador
very nice, the face looks to be slightly off. You might want to start a drawing like this with the face. If the likeness is right on the money, then continue. If its not, you don't waste your time. I know, working primarily with scratchboard, you can't erase or go over the top, either. You are definatly talented, and you'll know when you nail it. keep up the good work!!!
p.s. you might want to try scratchboard, if you really like hard contrast blk/wht.

ShakesWilson
11-13-2001, 06:39 PM
ET girls have those nice big black eyes and those fancy two seat saucers it just takes a month of Sundays to get anywhere on a date. (Time, Distance, and Light Speed factors way over my head {as well as English grammer}

calador
11-13-2001, 08:13 PM
To CALLEORANGE:
Thank you for the kind words. For some reason I could not get the shading right on her face. Like they say, practice makes imperfect. Please forgive my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with the scratchboard medium. Could you please tell me more. I need all the help I can get.

To SHAKES WILSON:
Do you belong to the Jim Kirk Intergalactic Space Stud Federation or is that a phaser in your pocket?

CALADOR

Calleorange
11-13-2001, 08:56 PM
scratchboard is whitepaper with a white chalk layer over it. Mostly covered w/blk ink which you scratch away, somtimes w/o ink so you can paint it on to keep the white background. Use a SB nib you can find in the calligraphy sections of art stores or #11 xacto blade.
Check out my gallery of scratchboard white and black at www.milesart.homestead.com

calador
11-14-2001, 07:46 AM
TO CALLEORANGE:
I viewed your gallery and some of the stuff you have posted on Wet Canvas and I must say I'm impressed. Next time I go to the local art supply store, I'll pick up some and try it out. Thanks

CALADOR