PDA

View Full Version : My work will be in a group show in LA !

pixelscapes
11-08-2001, 10:54 AM
I normally wouldn't spam you all with this since I already sent the info to my mailing list... but this is so cool, I can't resist bragging. Plus, I can give you more detail here than I would to my mailing list.

I posted a few weeks ago asking if anybody had heard of Rezon8 Studios in Los Angeles. The responses were positive, which is great.

Here's how it started. The show organizer saw my website, and she liked my work so much that she invited me to participate in a nature-themed group show that runs from December through February. There's been an amazingly busy, wonderful flurry of activity in my life as I prepare to send out my work. It's short notice but I can do it.

Janet Bruno Gallery / Rezon8 Studios is at 150 East Lemon Ave, Monrovia, California, 91016. Phone 626-358-6928. My top secret spies in Los Angeles have already visited the gallery for me, and they all seem impressed.

I am planning to fly out there for the show opening, arriving a few days beforehand. I'll be staying with Diana / Rose Queen there (Thank you Diana!!!).

If you live in the Los Angeles area, feel free to drop by the show reception on Friday, Nov. 30 at 6pm. Don't forget to email me so I know to keep an eye out for you!

I'm also preparing a bio/statement for the show, which they'll post along with my photo. If you're wondering what I look like, I took this self-portrait the other day:
http://www.beware-of-art.com/journal/200111/jen_8x10v_sweater_600.jpg

Now that I wear my glasses all the time, I'll have to use that photo to make an all-new second generation of pointlessly wacky tinyheads. My goal is to eventually have so many tinyheads that you only see each one a couple times a year. :evil:

AND, I ordered some business cards. They're double sided, glossy, full color. Since they're reversible it's like having two cards for the price of one.
http://www.aaa-full-color-business-cards.com/clients/jen.html

I also made arrangements to have 12 of my best digital photos of my work turned into slides, so I can bring them with me when I do my gallery tour. I don't want to hassle anybody by walking in with work of course... but, IF I just so happen to get to talking with somebody in a gallery who seems interested, and they invite me to send slides? I can whip 'em out right there and hand them over. :)

I have to ship my work via UPS, since there's no way I could bring it on the plane (think about it -- mysterious wires in cases? Boxcutters? BULLETS? That really, really wouldn't go over well with their security staff).

Thanks again to EVERYbody at WetCanvas... you've all always been so supportive, and my recent creative renaissance is a direct result of my involvement here. It's good to have something so positive to focus on. I feel like I'm really alive again. I've never been to the west coast before... This is going to be so fun!

-=- Jen "YAY!" de la Cruz
http://www.beware-of-art.com

Gisela
11-08-2001, 11:05 AM
Congratulations Jen!!! :clap:

Hope you have a great trip -- this is a lovely time of year to go to California. Hope you have a total sell-out and get lots of new shows out of it !!

Gisela

nnelson1
11-08-2001, 11:16 AM
Way to go, Jennaluna!!
Very happy for you. Enjoy, enjoy enjoy!

Nick

lori
11-08-2001, 12:22 PM
hey jen email me when you get here...i'd love to go to your opening....lori

animal
11-08-2001, 12:55 PM
Awesome! Way to Go Jen! Congratulations! :clap: :clap:

pixelscapes
11-08-2001, 01:00 PM
Gisela -- Thanks. I think it'll be worth the trip financially... and more importantly, it'll be worth it to me personally.

Nnelson1 and Animal -- Thank you! :D

Lori -- I guess I could convince R.Q. to let me email you through her computer. :) Even if I don't manage to catch you though, try to stop by the gallery opening! The details (time etc) are up above, there.

-=- Jen "WAY too overexcited" de la Cruz

PhilC
11-08-2001, 01:07 PM
Did I hear someone Tooting A horn in here??:D

Congrats Jen Hope All goes well for you.

llis
11-08-2001, 02:06 PM
Way Cool!!!

Good Luck with your show and happy sales!

We all couldn't be more proud.

timelady
11-08-2001, 02:20 PM
that's so great!!!!!!! How long does the exhibition go on for? I have friends in Chicago but the husband is from LA so they're bound to go over sometime around xmas. (actually I think they'd really like the bugs come to think of it) I could send them over if the timing is right. :)

Have a great time at the opening!

Tina.

baquitania
11-08-2001, 02:39 PM
Congrats Jen... love the business cards and the glasses... I will tell my WC member aunt to go to your opening... and cool you get to meet her majesty the Rose... it's gonna be a nice next few months for ya :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2001/spider_blackwidow_dangle_md_wht_10776.gif

all the best, Bobby

Leaflin
11-08-2001, 03:43 PM
:D :D CONGRATULATIONS JEN :D :D

pixelscapes
11-08-2001, 04:25 PM
Phil -- Toot toot! :D

llis -- thanks for moving the thread. I hadn't realized this forum existed when I posted in the Cafe (and this forum is a GREAT idea!).

Timelady -- It's for 3 months. End of November through February, apparently. So... yeah, send them over. Also point out my website to them; if they get on my mailing list I'll send them a gallery invitation or a business card or something, once I get some.

Bobby -- Yes, I will become a loyal subject of the Rose Queen. ;)

Leafie -- Thank you!

-=- Jen "HOOOOONK!" de la Cruz

TPS
11-08-2001, 08:00 PM
Good for you Jen. Hope it's only the start of many successes to come. Dangerous bugs coast-to-coast...eeeeeeeek!

MissMouse
11-08-2001, 10:05 PM
This is great news Jen, you are going to love the West coast.

Hay - have fun and I can't wait to see what you do with glasses.

Dave Carter
11-09-2001, 11:20 AM
Good goin'!! Be sure to jack up your prices!

pixelscapes
11-09-2001, 12:28 PM
The lady at the gallery said she'd help me reevaluate my prices once she sees my work. :D

-=- Jen

arlene
11-17-2001, 01:47 PM
Girl you're on a roll...

knew you were a sharp cookie...

:evil:

glad to see my shameless plug lessons have been working...)