PDA

View Full Version : Another 2 more quickies...

Mark Newton
11-05-2004, 05:20 AM
Geeze..I wish I didnt have to go to work, its hard squeezing 2 paintings into what's left of the day. Today's effort(I work graveyard shift). The serene looking foggy one only took me an hour, the other, which is what I call an energy painting, took better part of 3 hours, but has a lot in it, cant be seen here unfortunately (crappy cheap digital). I call it an energy painting because I work the painting in a fast, aggressive mode, where I very quickly slap down shades and tones with just a hint of an idea what I'm doing and keep moving the work until something appears, it's my favourite method, even though also the most frustrating at times.

Both paintings 900mm x 600mm on mdf with gesso. Atelier and Matisse, with some new Atleier AM used (nice paint).

Bertoni
11-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Mark:
Nice work! And yes, that 2nd one is really loaded with energy!!!! :)

diphascon
11-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Hi Mark,

for quickies they are really large.

I like the second one. The first one has too much emptyness in the center. Just my 2 Eurocent.

cheers - martin

Artguy29
11-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Mark,
Excellent fog in both of these paintings. The first one is very nice, but I agree that there is too much emptyness. I love how you have painted that water, though.
The second was is just stunning. Nice use of colors and composistion. A lot going on in that one
Keep up the good work!

Dave

jbitzel
11-05-2004, 09:36 PM
It would be really cool if you did something surreal in the first. Like someone drowning in the lake with one arm. James :clap: