PDA

View Full Version : Join us in the Portrait forum

artbabe21
11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
For the Great Holiday Portrait Swap....it's going to be a blast....trade photos with another WC member & draw or paint each other--ONLY a QUICK STUDY with a 2 week time limit then get your study to keep!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227377

Lunatech
11-09-2004, 03:07 AM
Hello ArtBabe,

While I would be flattered to have my portrait drawn by any artist, I assure you that no one would would want me to draw theirs. I'm a beginner in every sense of the word and my renditions are VERY amateurish! I would love to participate if you had a "hack" category. What should newbies like myself do? I'm extremely intimidated by some of the talent that I've seen on this site, but it's great to find some people who share in my passions.

Humbly yours,
Lunatech

caprig
11-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Lunatech, you probably are not as bad as you think you are......taking the first step is the important part, though.

This sounds fun, but I am not sure I would have the time to do it. Oh I want to though, like you, Lunatech, I am kind of nervous about it.

I am going there to check it out though.

caprig
11-09-2004, 07:18 AM
Oh how DISAPPOINTING!!!

The swap thread was closed :crying:

artbabe21
11-09-2004, 11:32 AM
lunatech,
If I were you I'd go to the drawing forum & participate there. Critiques on your work will help you improve.....it's a lot of practice & learning to see. Then you'll have the confidence to participate sometime in a swap of this sort.
Unfortunately the sign ups closed for this one, but there are many projects on WC that may not be actual portraits but that may be a good place to start.

Also a really good book...Betty Edwards...'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain'...it helped me draw when I thought I couldn't. Best of luck to you! :)

Sceptre
11-15-2004, 11:43 AM
As a beginner myself Lunatech I appreciate you comment about being intimidated by the talent on here. However you should think positive and say to yourself one day I will be as good, after all they no doubt got off to a shaky start just like the rest of us. Good luck with your efforts. :)

Msvango
11-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi Everyone! I am new here at WC and would like to join in on the fun. Could someone please tell me how to post my picture? I am a little confused and can use some directions.

artbabe21
11-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Sorry but this is an old thread.....the project is nearly over. Keep your eyes open for another. Welcome to WetCanvas!! :wave: