PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of a Batik Art Group scam?

colours_man
11-04-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi,
I just had an email that starts...

"Batik Art Group with 30 years in the art world and with the task to promote the artists works, is pleased to offer you to participate in this Anniversary.

Our Artistic Department, after visiting your web page invites you to participate with your work at our gallery in one of the two forms of exhibition that we detail as follows:...."
There further attachments, with forms and pictures of the gallery.

Well the fee for this is about 460euros as far as I can make out. After initially feeling thrilled I smelled a rat here and a bit of web browsing makes me think this is a scam. I thought I had better post this to warn members of this sort of thing.

Anyone know of this? :confused:

Nick

Artguy29
11-04-2004, 07:33 AM
Haven't heard of this one, but there are hundreds of related scams out there. If you have not heard of this company, or have not in any way participated (buying supplys, other gallery displays, etc.), it is most likely a scam and I suggest you steer away from it. It's hard to know what to trust and what to not, but when in doubt, stay out :) .
Thanks for the warning

Dave

connievanwinssen
11-04-2004, 07:58 AM
I have. I'm on a Dutch artist Forum and a lot of members received this mail.
It's not to be trusted.

texasboy
11-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Batik? Isn't that where you melt crayolas and paint some design onto cloth? If that is the case, then is this group not using the correct crayolas? Maybe, imitation crayolas? Candles? Scented candles?
Sorry, just having a few laughs after the presidential elections.

batik_spam
01-06-2007, 03:29 PM
take care about batik art group!

just take a look here:

http://www.Atelier-RC.com/Atelier.RC/Art_Alarm.html#Batic

To report problems with Batikart
Para reportar problemas con Batikart

[email protected]

batik_spam
01-06-2007, 03:34 PM
please if you receive the batik spam send it to

[email protected]