PDA

View Full Version : **** Daily Wash Thursday November 4th****

mr sandbanx
11-03-2004, 11:31 PM
HA!

I can't help myself sometimes.

casual edit here we come

So where you guys all been! Power failure in Australasia is it? Early bird and all that. etc etc.

Actually read this somewhere: early worm gets eaten, so best to stay in bed! So I do read and I do learn from my mistakes.

Poem done, painting done, waiting for the sun to rise over the Grand Old Island so we can get this show on the road. Problem is I have six hours... which do I overwork... poem, painting, both??? Oh phooey.... brb.

Advice to all who would be "challenged" (and lord knows I am): this is tough stuff trying to reach new levels every week, finding images etc. but well worth it. I have read a lot of books and attended a lot of classes but the best thing I did was let Doug and then Kevin challenge me when they did. Am having too much fun and am seeing some progress though so will not complain. Suggest everyone try it even for only a month. you will have few regrets.

Seeya all later.

Chris

Double edit: Hey Jackie i see you there, c'mon in and say hi. I miss you a ton.

Christie
11-03-2004, 11:47 PM
HA!

I can't help myself sometimes.

:D You're a brave man! :D

laudesan
11-04-2004, 01:35 AM
HA!

:p :wave:

Faafil
11-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Hi Chris, Christie, JJ ! :wave:

Just got back from the Huntington Beach Art League meeting a little while ago... got to meet up with Dave (droll13) again.

They had a great watercolor demonstration by Howard O'Donnell, who paints marine and water-themed scenes. He was also juror for the monthly show, which Dave and I both entered. My entry was my pink spike flower, which I did about 3 years ago; it was my first 1/2 sheet painting. Dave entered his bluish purple oriental landscape painting that he posted recently. It looks really wonderful framed by the way. There are 6 categories to enter, watercolor, oil/acrylic, drawing/pastel, mixed media, 3D/sculpture, and photography. There were about 20 entries in watercolor, and, ahem, :o I took first place in watercolors!!! :D :D :D I was totally blown away - I'm still finding it hard to believe!!! I am so jazzed, it's going to be hard to sleep tonite! :) What a great feeling! :D

Chris, I'm really enjoying your challenge paintings. I don't think I'd be up to a weekly challenge tho - too much pressure, not enough time. Maybe a bi-monthly challenge would suit me (or monthly). :rolleyes: Maybe I need to challenge myself! :p

JJ, you getting those pictures sorted ?? :D

Well, it's after 11pm, and I need to get some sleep! (try to anyway)...

Sending white light and healing vibes to those who need them, and 11 hugs to all!

Have an inspiring day!

ML

laudesan
11-04-2004, 02:22 AM
WOO-HOO ML CONGRATULATIONS.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will be sorting pics for the reat of my life.. LOL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-KINGTON_Gottcha_opt.jpg Jaytees..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-London_Streetopt.jpg Somewhere in London..

Got to go bath the grandkids and get their dinner. nearly 5.30pm here..

Roun2it
11-04-2004, 03:17 AM
Morning each,

Just whizzing in for a mo, Chris you will have to wait a while, or send your stuff to me, busy morning. Dogs already walked, off now to gym then off to see Mum, got guests staying for weekend and I've got a shopping list and Chris, (DW) has sent me to get her mothers birthday present .............. gulp!!

Poems done, painting has a couple of nits but I'll send them when I get home. See you later :wave:

Yorky
11-04-2004, 03:34 AM
Morning all :wave:

Congratulations, Chris on a faultless take-off ;)

Congratulations on your successful watercolour entry, Mary Lou.

JJ - Enjoy sorting out your photos, it will bring back happy memories of your trip. Lovely shot of Joe, Jakeally and Guilly. My camera - a Canon Powershot S1 IS - has an audio note feature which lets you record a short audio caption alongside each photo "Regent Street, London" - but as one of the loquacious sex, you' probably fill the card up with audio notes:

"Oh my! Just look at that - we're in Regent Street in London, just been to Liberty's didn't they have some gorgeous fabrics there, but I just had to leave them, Alan says the money is running out. Hey! mind that bus!.... etc etc .. "
:D :D :D :evil:

Look forward to seeing this week's poems and paintings, Chris and Kev.

It's a beautiful sunny morning here, as forecast, my last U3a class today until we come back from Detroit. Other than that, nothing planned.

Off to gt my breakast now BBL,

Doug

laudesan
11-04-2004, 03:42 AM
JJ - Enjoy sorting out your photos, it will bring back happy memories of your trip. Lovely shot of Joe, Jakeally and Guilly. My camera - a Canon Powershot S1 IS - has an audio note feature which lets you record a short audio caption alongside each photo "Regent Street, London" - but as one of the loquacious sex, you' probably fill the card up with audio notes:

"Oh my! Just look at that - we're in Regent Street in London, just been to Liberty's didn't they have some gorgeous fabrics there, but I just had to leave them, Alan says the money is running out. Hey! mind that bus!.... etc etc .. "
:D :D :D :evil:
Doug

:p Guffaw!!!!!!! :D:D

Oh and that is in the photo ^^^ JudyL, Sharon, Geof, and JT .. :wink2:

jaytee
11-04-2004, 04:06 AM
Good Morning All. and a beautiful sunny one here too.........'bout time !!! and good job........ sight of me in gardening gloves first thing is just too much JJ !!! Great pic of my WC twin in yesterdays wash! Doug.... glad you thought it Regent street too !!! Hey, I missed a BOOK SALE !!!!!

ML.......CONGRATULATIONS.... who's a clever girl then !!

and with that CRS sets in......... Oh, I know its only a short wash so far but Ive been in the gallery !!!

Think I may get dresed before the 5 new Ebay bookcases arrive :D Oh and the plants.......mmmm and the curtains............ :rolleyes:

HH&J and the rest............ BBL ..........I hope

Lulu
11-04-2004, 04:25 AM
Morning each,

Just whizzing in for a mo, busy morning............ off now to gym

wahoooo Kev!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Hi all, just home from Hamilton. Been over to see John's mum. She's doing wonderfully well, meeting lots of people in her retirement village environment.
She's an amazing lady.

Off to bed, wayyyyyyyyyy past my bedtime but first - ML, congratulations! :clap:
JJ, neat photos, Chris you did well! we in Australasia held off because we love you starting the wash :p

Hi Jaytee and Doug and anyone else I've missed! :wave:

Ruth, hope you are feeling better today.

Europa
11-04-2004, 05:35 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Dental appointment for me today - Yeuch!!!

JJ - great pics - I dont envy you the task of ploughing through them - as for me office finery - oh well will wait till I get in the office then you can see the whole package.

Waving to everyone else - CRS setting in - only just got up - brain still in 'fuzz' mode.

BBL

Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxxx

painterbear
11-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just past 5:30 a.m. here in Oakwood on a very blustery morning—thunder and lightening and rain pouring down. Good for the grass, bad for roof jobs. :crying: We finally did our final harvest of eggplants and green tomatoes from the garden, then pulled up all the plants and put them out with the mounds of leaves for the city to pick up and take to the compost center. I made a fresh tomato sauce with eggplant and basil and parsley (all from our garden) for dinner last night. Served it over Penne pasta from Italy. Yummy! The fresh tomatoes taste so much brighter than the usual canned ones do.

Not sure if she comes to the Wash or not, but I'll send her my wishes in case she lurks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SONJA (Sonjacraen)! Hope you have a wonderful day for your celebration and a terrific year ahead for painting!

Nice photos, JJ. I'm glad Doug added the names though. I only recognized a few of the smiling faces. LOL! Doug on your description of the difference between your and JJ's fictional titles for the photos. :D

Mary Lou, Congratulations on your first place selection—that is a nice way to finish a day off!
This art league you and Dave have joined sounds like it is a terrific organization.

JayTee, This eBay addiction is beginning to sound pretty serious. :eek: Not a day goes by you aren't buying something or having something you bought delivered or picked up. LOL!
Do you have these shoppers' networks on your telly there like we have here? There are people who watch them and buy, buy, buy whether they need the item or not. (Hm-m-m, does that sound like anyone we know????? ;) )

Chris, What are you and Kev writing about and painting this week? I'm looking forward to seeing your efforts, but Kev sure sounds awfully busy with life getting in the way of his artistic endeavors. Cut him a little slack, ok???? Glad to see you were brave enough to give the Wash origination another go. Worked well too, don't see any other Washes hanging around anywhere else.

Today is my second watercolor class of the week. I'm looking forward to it because this is what the syllabus says is on the agenda: Instructor will demonstrate how to paint fog, mist, and stormy weather. Doesn't that sound like a lot of fun! I need to go to the IL to find a reference photo showing at least one of those things to try out the techniques during the painting part of the class.

Weaving to Christie, Kev, and LuLu (glad your MIL is settling in so successfully, meeting new people is a good start).

Take care, I hope that all in the Recovery and Waiting Rooms are on the mend and feeling better every day.

SYL,

Sylvia

Off to run through the Gallery before it is time to wake up the DH and start on my day.

JudyL
11-04-2004, 06:06 AM
Happy Thursday all,
For Char, re: broccoli stilton soup, Stilton is a really nice blue cheese.
JJ, great pictures, but it must have been the other Judy, as I was unable to attend, due to daughterly duties. Would rather have been in the UK then as it was very warm in California then. I'm not used to hot weather anymore.
We are going home for Christmas, we get one "home leave" yearly, company pays. We were all set to fly out Virgin, but were told we could not because they are not an American company, so will have to fly United, which was more expensive, and which I hate flying as the seats are too cramped. May as well see if they would let us fly business class!? We actually do have some frequent flyer miles, but the last time we tried to use them they said we could not, because we had not paid enough for our tickets!
Doug, so you had to re-boot your hob? I had to do that to our microwave yesterday!

BBL
JudyL

madmum
11-04-2004, 06:14 AM
Morning wet and washies :wave:

Chris, I'm upset that you didn't include me in your list of challengers :crying: As I have a habit of jumping in with both feet I can back up your statement, it IS worth challenging yourself regularly, it prevents you getting stale and you always learn something!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats ML! That's wonderful!

London looks terrifying to me, JJ, but I will force myself to visit one day as I want to visit all the galleries!

Doug, when do you leave for Detroit? Oh, and I'm waiting to see your other photos from Holme Lacy in the RIL! ;)

Kev, you're a veritable whirlwind! :D

Lulu I feel much improved, thank you! Now DH is complaining of a cold (me thinks he's looking for sympathy, he wasn't sneezing or blowing his nose at all this morning :wink2: )

Pat, I imagine you are an impressive sight in your business finery! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONJA!!!!!!!!

Sylvia, I have become concerned about JT, I know her ebay ID and the list of auctions she has won over the last month is scary! I have no idea where she's putting 5 rugs, 300 plants, numerous books, several pairs of curtains, pine furniture, a papier mache elephant and a table easel :eek: (ok, I understand the table easel! lol)

No painting yesterday, but I tried. I discovered that I couldn't even draw, let alone paint, so I gave it up as a bad job. Instead I did some cooking, feeling guilty about the poor diet my family had suffered for the previous 2 days! I made a vegetable lasagne, quickly becoming a family favourite, and quite easy once all the prep is done :D

Hugs to all

Ruth

Flattwo
11-04-2004, 06:27 AM
Hello and good morning to all

Sunny with a few showers here

JJ, great pics, the Regent Street pic brings back a lot of memories, used to work there at the top of it in the BBC, also Regent Street is where the first "Macdonalds" was opened in the UK, I remember having a Big Mac for the first time, a real novelty, I think I can detect my local pub, where we used to "lunch" lol. Did you visit Hamleys there, the worlds largest toy shop?

Henry

Europa
11-04-2004, 06:54 AM
I can perfectly well understand JT buying things from E Bay at such a rate - i was exactly the same when I first 'discovered' it - I spent a fortune on collectibles - but luckily the addiction receded and now I rarely go on but it can be addictive.

Sylvia - we have various 'shopping' channels - there is QVC and Price Drop TV and Bid TV - I like to watch the ones where they are demonstrating the new 'everyone should have one' gadgets - they are mainly Americans doing the selling and they are just too funny with their over the top presentation - fascinating viewing.....LOL!

Gosh Ruth - I can't believe you have never been to London - strange isnt it how you just take it for granted that the majority of people in this country would have been at least once.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONJA!!!

Am off to finish off clearing out cupboards in my room - now the storage boxes have been cleared up to the attic - am now able to get to the rest of the stuff that needs sorting.

Love and Hugs all around

Pat xxx

BobH
11-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Good morning washers and washettes!

Went out and grabbed the paper a little before 6am. It's freezing! It's not supposed to be cold here! It's supposed to be cold where I moved FROM not where I moved TO!! Jiminy Cricket I'll have to move again if this keeps up...

My daughters are coming home for the Thanksgiving weekend and we are really looking forward to it. Sarah, my oldest, hasn't even seen her new home yet! They just found out they can't leave Wednesday morning like they wanted and will probably have to wait until early Thursday. (Sarah is required to go to her student teaching assignment for the day and Becca's Italian professor is starting a new section so attendance is mandatory. We just don't think it is worth leaving Delaware at 3:00pm and getting stuck in Washington DC holiday traffic for hours. Better to leave early the next day and miss that mess.) I know it only delays them getting here by 18 hours or less but, boy is it making me mad!! :mad:

Chris - I watch the challenges with great interest and awe but don't think I'm ready to be in one. :eek: I just don't think I have the time to commit to a painting every week. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

I really liked the ref photo for the tulip paintings Chris and Kev did. So I'm trying it. On a full sheet!! I'm trying to remember to take progress pics as I go so I can remember what it all looks like as it comes together. I'm trying to use up the last couple sheets of Arches 300lb that I have. It must be defective because it buckles and curls at the slightest excuse. :mad: But it's kind of fun (so far) working this big. We'll see if I can keep up my enthusiasm because I think this it going to take me a LONG time to complete...

ML - Congratulations!! Can't say I'm surprised, your work has always been wonderful. My guess is you and Dave are going to dominate the art shows!

Great pictures JJ, keep 'em coming!!

Ummm, Jaytee? You don't have to single-handedly keep eBay a profitable enterprise, you know... :wink2: Maybe you could make a big "eBAy pile" and take a picture of all the stuff you've bought so we can see it all at once! Might be a bit shocking!! :D

Sylvia - your watercolor class sounds fabulous. I'm jealous. (I remember checking a list of workshops and classes at Artarama and they were all on weekdays, during the day. Kinda hard to attend for most working folks. I can hear me now talking to my principal. "I need 4th and 5th period off every Tuesday for the next 8 weeks. That's ok, right?" :D :evil: )

Glad you're improving, Ruth. (I'm sure your DH is not looking for sympathy, but just bravely bearing up under the burden of his cold. :evil: )

Gotta go. Time to get dressed and fed and off to school...

See y'all later.

laudesan
11-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Regent Street has been duly named..;) Henry et al, I am glad it is giving you good memories..:)

Here are 2 more pics for you to enjoy. I am off to bed, can't keep my eyes open..

The London Eye, and The Paliment buildings.. The Houses of Commons to be exact.. yes??
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-london_eye_fisheyeopt.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-london_parliment_housesopt.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONJA and many many more.. :clap: :clap:

HUGGLES EVERYBODY..

Flattwo
11-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Hi JJ

Fantastic images..The London Eye, you would not get me up there!

The other pic is "The Palace of Westminster" my wife used to work there for one of the Ministers, I have dined there often, in one of the the many restaurants. I have been all round that place, sat on the Prime Ministers bench in the House of commons, and the Lords Chancelor's "throne" in the House of Lords, changed days now that security has been tightened

There is a pub across the road with a tunnel leading to the Palace, when a vote is Required in the House of Commons, a bell rings in the bar to hail Politicians, and they stagger through!

Thanks for posting

Henry

droll13
11-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Just popping in quickly.

Congrats ML. Let's see, at your very first Huntington Beach Art League meeting, you entered one work and received Honorable Mention (along with winning a prize in the raffle).

In yesterday's monthly competition, you snagged First Place in the watercolor category.

So next month, I"m expecting Best of Show from you - nothing less will do !!!!

:wave:ing to all.

BBL.

Uschi
11-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Edit - sorry, this one posted itself :wink2:

Uschi
11-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Yesterday morning's gray turned into an absolutely brilliant, sunshiney, warmish day so I planted my tulip bulbs, was mad at myself because I didn't read the package and bought short ones and I love the tall ones. Also cleaned the garden, brought in the hoses, turned off and drained the outside tap and painted. Ex-Austrian neighbour came for a surprise visit - was very nice! She is working now so not much time. Today it is supposed to rain later on the day.

Flo is coming over early so I am making this short and stick with the essentials:

Congratulations Mary Lou!!!!! Not fair though giving us this good news without showing us a photo of the painting.

Pat - Congratulations on your new business/office, I forgot yesterday

Happy Birthday Sonja!!!!!

JJ - enjoying your dayly dose of photos from your trip - London photos bring back memories for me too. What is the London Eye??????

Char - I got caught up with painting another one, then gardening so haven't even taken a picture yet - soon!

:wave: greetings to EVERYONE and sending good thoughts!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
11-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Greetings :wave:
Congrats Mary Lou on winning at the Art League! You are starting out at the top!
I do think JT needs to find an Ebay Anonymous chapter!
Gray day here this morn.
Has anyone else had the problem of the time on posts being wrong. Seems not to have taken Daylight Savings being over into account. at least here time is always 1 hour off.
Lady coming this morn to see about abandoning old well.
Resale shop this aft. I do have to get a bag ready to take some things.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

CharM
11-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Good morning Washers... It's raining, it's pouring... the old man is snoring...

It's been pretty quiet at work this morning... shhh... don't tell anyone or the phone will start ringing off the hook...

I tried to paint for awhile last night, but was just too tired... and the lighting was bad... my painting light is nowhere to be found... it got moved when we renovated my office and kitchen and now I cannot find it... duh...

My very dear and wise Grandmother used to LOVE going to Woolco's (I have no idea why she called it that)... she bought so many non-essentials... she had such fun surrounding herself with all this *stuff*... everyone was quite concerned about her spending habits... but... life is short... and she enjoyed herself so much... Now... she didn't smoke or drink and she wasn't a clothes horse... but, she was a smart lady and knew her limitations... I have a pair of the most gawd-awful candlesticks she bought there, given to me before she died... they are truly butt-ugly... but, I absolutely treasure them because I remember how excited she was when she purchased the things...

Happy Birthday Sonja!!!

Chris... LOL... I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out... you have way too much fun in life... I admire all the Challengers... it's a HUGE commitment and you guys are growing by leaps and bounds!

Congratulations Mary Lou!!!!

I'm really enjoying your pics, JJ...

:wave: to Kev as he ziiiips on by...

I laughed right out loud at your description Doug!!! *still laughing*

JT... the sight of you in gardening gloves seems to be 100% natural... :D

Hi Lulu!!!

Syl... I'm sooooo :envy: of your class today... I just love it when the mist rises from our little lake and want to learn to paint it soooo badly... I've tried unsuccessfully more than once... Maybe when I come to Springfield next you'll be able to show me!!!

Judy... *duh*... I knew that... :rolleyes: I keep blue cheese in the house when my Army Son visits... he loves to eat it (and so do I), but he loves to cook with it even more... It adds such a wonderful zip...

Vegetarian lasagna is one of my favourite meals, Ruth! It took the longest time to convince my men that lasagna didn't need meat in it to be good... I think they, secretly, love it too... along with quiche... hehehe... Glad you're feeling better!

Hi Henry...

Pat... I LOVE the demos on those programmes, too... even better... INFOMERCIALS!!!!

Oh Bob... full sheet of tulips?? Wow... it'll be gorgeous... surprised that your 300# paper is buckling though... it's pretty heavy stuff...

:wave: to Dave...

Uschi... so... we'll get two for the price of one... :D

JoAnn... time seems to be ok on my screen... weird...

Sending positive vibes and good thoughts to all... if I'm lucky, I'll be able to check in later...

BobH
11-04-2004, 09:41 AM
My kids are taking a test so I'm sneaking in a reply :D :evil:

Char - I'm surprised also about the Arches 300lb paper buckling. I bought 5 sheets of it from Cheap Joe's, gosh it has to be 2 years ago. I used two sheets and then just stopped using it 'cause it buckled so much. You should have seen a couple of quarter sheet paintings I did. The paper was buckling and ripping the tape off the support, quite funny now that I look back on it. I'm not even bothering to try to tape it now. I'm assuming it's defective. I bought it when I was just starting out so assumed it was supposed to do that. So I think it's way past time when I could return the stuff. Live and learn, I guess...

Starsprite
11-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Ugh!!! Woke up and I was on the Wetcanvas floor this morning...forgot to sign out last night. My neck is killing me!! I hate when that happens!! :D

Bob, I am old enough to remember you talking (or complaining) about that 300# paper way back when...LOL It must be defective because even 140# Arches doesnt buckle that much and it flattens out when dry.

Ok Kev you have had enough time to fix your nits....lets see the painting and poem now. :D Chris has been ready since last Friday!! Im sure you have your mother-in-law's BD present bought and wrapped and ready to go by now!!! Lucky you!!! LOL :D

Chris you should know all about worms...... bait shop and all. LOL :D
(Inside joke).

Waving to everyone else... CRS has set in suddenly.

and Happy Birthday Sonja!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

mr sandbanx
11-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh Golly!! I am idiot.

Ruth yes you did challenge me to paint the boat and the water and I sweated over that one. Thanks a ton. Being challenged by such a great painter, and then seeing it through was a huge accomplishment for me. I came a lot closer to understanding how to paint water.

I have been reminded many times how thoughless I am sometimes... I owe you big time now.

Bob, can't wait to see the tulips.

Kevin has just pinged me and it looks like we will be hitting the streets shortly. I am looking for the reference photo for two weeks hence.... and it's a struggle.

Char: sometimes I can't help myself.

Spritey: The bait shop is always open. I make a tidy profit with that. I may close it down if I ever figure out how to paint.

Hi to everyone out there.

Chris

Christie
11-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Morning All!

Congratulations ML and Happy Birthday Sonja!

Busy day here today. Tutoring and then work. Then back here with the possibility of painting.:D Really enjoying the tutoring this year. I have been assigned a little boy in grade 2 who needs to gain more confidence in his reading skills (he is reading at about a kindergarten level). After about 6 sessions, he is starting to open up and talk a bit more.:)

Char, I wanted to learn how to paint mist too! I learned how to do it at a Kiff Holland workshop and now all I need is practice. He painted the area that the mist was going to be "misting" and then blotted the area with a Kleenex. It looked amazing!:)

Time to herd the children off to the bus and me off to start the day. Back later.

Take care.

olliewood0702
11-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Good Morning washers,

I hope you are all keeping warm in this "chilly" late fall season. We are expecting snow showers tonight (MAYBE) :eek: :(

I'm looking forward to the end of semester as my classes are getting quite intense now as the rush is on for portfolio completions. Not sure yet what I'm taking next semester. I NEED a break! Not much time to paint. :mad:

Enjoying JJ's pics of her travels.

My body still hasn't gotten used to Daylight Savings time yet. Still waking up an hour earlier and can't go back to sleep. Glad Saturday is almost here then I can gain it back. :D

I'm hoping to paint a little bit this weekend. I have a short story and some poems to write too. Plus must find time to squeeze in some quality time with the granddaughters too. :D :p :wink2:

Have a CREATIVE day everyone and remember only 51 shopping days until Christmas!!!! :eek: :confused:
Darla

Roun2it
11-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Aff Noon each.

Just sent the stuff to Chris, so hopefully the pics will be up shortly. And Spritey ................butt out!! :evil:

Just sitting here now I've remembered I've left the shopping in the car, no rest for the wicked, eh!!

See ya later :wave:

pampe
11-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Happy Day, eveing, night, all

Keep forgetting to draw your attention to the FALL ISSUE of WATERCOLOR magazine. A local artist here who I know has a glorious article entitiled: "ACCIDENTAL MAGNIFICENCE"

Her name is Keren Leigh and she lives in Kalispell...I actually took a couple classes with her when I "summered" here...check it out..page 58

CONGRATS ML...knew you could SHINE!!!!

TRYING TO GET motivated to paint today...... :confused: :( :rolleyes:

Ruth...I cannot believe you haven't been to London???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sonja!
Have a great one

BobH
11-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Bob, I am old enough to remember you talking (or complaining) about that 300# paper way back when...LOL
Well, I guess I can't argue with the first part of that sentence :evil:
BUT, me complain??! Never!! I was discussing my difficulties with the paper in a spirited but definitely non-complaining fashion... :angel: :angel:

Starsprite
11-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Aff Noon each.

no rest for the wicked, eh!!

WICKED is RIGHT Kev!!! :evil:

And Bob...are you saying I am old?!!! Oh you were complaining alright. :evil:

What is this PICK ON SPRITEY DAY?!!! I know you love me!! :angel:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/6385-Spritecarsmall.jpg

Europa
11-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Well have been to the dentist - have to have a filling next week - OUCH!!!

Our company is now officially a Limited one - woohooooooo - so now have to sort out the changes with the bank etc.

Been on to the good old Inland Revenue re the new Working Tax Credits they have now - seems that I will be better off working than I was on the Incapacity Benefit - even though I will only be working a few hours a day - and the good thing is I can still claim my prescriptions free - that was the one thing that bothered me as i have monthly prescriptions and you have to pay over £6 for each individual item - very costly when you add it up.

So onward and upward as they say - don't worry I will still talk to you all when I have made my first million!!! :D

Pat x

madmum
11-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Chris, don't worry, I was only teasing :angel: I am truly impressed by your willingness to take on challenges, and in my opinion that is why you are making such huge improvements in your painting!

Pat and Pam, actually I have been to London, once. However I was only 8 or 9 and all I can remember is standing outside Buckingham Palace, and climbing on the lions in Trafalgar Square! Oh, and I was wearing the itchiest, scratchiest tartan trousers you can imagine :eek: (Bay City Rollers were all the rage :o )

Char, what do you put in your veggie lasagne? I use courgettes, peppers, celery, onion, mushrooms and broccoli. Yum!

Ruth

CharM
11-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi Ruth... sometimes it's whatever I happen to have on hand... usually, though, if I manage to plan ahead... celery, onions and shredded carrots sauteed together for a few minutes... when assembling, I add fresh tomato slices, peppers, mushrooms and spinach... I've used broccoli or cauliflower, too, but we prefer the spinach... I have also used a white sauce instead of a marinara, which Magoo loves but DH hates... especially nice if you want to add chicken to the dish...

jaytee
11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
My name is Jaytee and I am an Ebay addict...........

:D I havent bought anything new for DAYS .....( except for the elephant of course :D) .... so that cant be true.......and Ive wanted/needed (almost) evrything Ive bought......... however Ruth is keeping an eye on me......... thank you Ruth ( I think :D )

I wouldnt dream of watching a shopping channel. ......do we have one in UK?

HENRY............ how come youve never mentioned before ( well not where Ive seen it) that you worked at BBC BH ? what did you do? I was there from 1964 till 1987 - except for brief sojourns in Glasgow and Cardiff and the OU in MK :D ........first as a studio manager, specialised in Music.... then on various production attachments then as a Womans Hour & CAMP producer..... finally in Radio Training !!!!

have spent the WHOLE day in the Garden..... sweeping up leaves !!!! and making space for the builders as its actually possible I may get my new French Windows fitted on Monday ............ fingers crossed......... though as hes not phoned to tell me they're delivered I have my doubts :D

forgot to eat lunch so better go hunt somefood before I fade away :D. ......then check on the Lads Challenge :D

hopefulbucky
11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Morning all, hope everyone is going to have a nice day.

Here we are still recovering from the blow brought by the election. Yesterday was a real downer at work for many folks, a kind of depression set in, and I know in Portland there were protests and marching and arrests having to do with the election. Fortunately, our train pulled out before it was held up too long.

Today is a new day, the sun is shining and we will move on.

Just wanted to mention JJ that I am one of the other Judy's. I am the one that was at JT's house right before you, the one that you and Alan had dinner with and the one that stayed in Europe for one month just as you did. I am from Portland. My husband, Robert, was with me. We have 6 children and 6 grandchildren. Just so that you remember, I was the one that wore the "pink hat" and kept falling on the floor at JTs house (due to a curtain that I thought was a wall) LOL. Just so you know JJ that is me "HOPEFULBUCKY" My name is Judy and I was at Kington.

mr sandbanx
11-04-2004, 12:46 PM
OK Ruth, but I am prepared to disembowel my Caddy on a moments notice. Just give the word.

PICK ON SPRITEY DAY! Woohoo.

Can someone please insert fireworks icon here for me... I will put on the Jeff Foxworthy tape while I search for my Dictionary of the Obtuse and Pithy... (hmmmm... or did I lend that to NES???). As for any such national holiday: All bait is half off!

Anyway, did you know that there is no door handle on the INSIDE of a microwave? That is poor planning.

Am looking for reference image for the challenge and am stumped. Will have something by end of the day though.

Chris

Lulu
11-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Char, what do you put in your veggie lasagne? I use courgettes, peppers, celery, onion, mushrooms and broccoli. Yum!

Ruth

Ruth, may we (I) have the recipe please? Sounds like something I would like to make tonight.

Glad you are feeling a bit better, hope your DH gets over his man's flu soon :evil:

Morning everyone :wave:

Starsprite
11-04-2004, 12:59 PM
LOL Christopher Columbus!!! :D Oh goody bait is half off!! :D A cheap dinner !! Ummmmm....you are not supposed to go IN the microwave to heat up your cup of tea!!!!!! (mumbling) genious my arse!! :D

Isn't next challenge Christmas cards for the whole of WC??!! :D :evil: :wave:

Don't pick on Spritey!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/6385-48302-50063556_copy.jpg

ktrayn78
11-04-2004, 01:21 PM
I have a killer head ache and am feeling very sorry for myself. Back in school I lived on coffee so I would get these caffeine withdrawl headaches from time to time. To this day the first thing I reach for when I get a headache isn't a bottle of pills, it's the coffee pot. Didn't do a thing for this sucker though. So I've gone to plan B, the bottle of pills. Cross your fingers.

Great challenge this week Kevin and Chris. Best thing that happens on Thursdays, even better than ER.

Mary Lou, CONGRATULATIONS! That is a great thing to have under your belt. Whenever you are feeling down on yourself you can remember "hey, I'm an award winning artist, I ain't too bad at this painting thing!"

Jaytee, I love people who enjoy shopping on eBay! I got a bid once from a lady who had bought about nine hundred cat paintings, sculptures, decorative plates etc. She didn't win but I thought, thank God for ladies like her, my cat paintings will always have a home to go to! (Am not implying that you are like a crazy cat lady though!) As for Brittish shopping chanels, in the movie version of "Bridget Jones" didn't her mum go work for one? (Everything I know about England I learned from Bridget Jones, Harry Potter and Lord Peter Wimsey.)

Sylvia, reading about your garden pasta sauce made my mouth water and I don't even like tomatoes!

Chris, half the time I read your posts I wonder "did I miss something or is Chris just being crazy again?" Today is no exception. Thanks for keeping things intersting!

Hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

ktrayn78
11-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Patty, do you have a Master's in Photoshop? You come up with the wildest graphics!

Europa
11-04-2004, 01:30 PM
I(Everything I know about England I learned from Bridget Jones, Harry Potter and Lord Peter Wimsey.)

ROTFL - bless your heart - you are in for a bit of a culture shock then if you ever make it over here......then again - we Brits considered those who appear on Jerry Springer to be a fair representation of American people (and after the Kington meet am beginning to think there was some truth in it. :evil: :evil: :p )

am only joking = honest!! :wink2:

Pat

Europa
11-04-2004, 01:32 PM
........and kept falling on the floor at JTs house (due to a curtain that I thought was a wall) .

Yeah right - that's what YOU say!!! :evil: :p

Pat

Starsprite
11-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Patty, do you have a Master's in Photoshop? You come up with the wildest graphics!

Why yessss!!! Now that you ask... thanks!!!! :D Graduated with honors!!

Actually, I owe all my sets of wheels to our lovable caddy, Maltman..... he has come up with the best "rides" for me. :) :clap: :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/6385-6385-48302-spritemobile1.jpg

ktrayn78
11-04-2004, 01:50 PM
ROTFL - bless your heart - you are in for a bit of a culture shock then if you ever make it over here......then again - we Brits considered those who appear on Jerry Springer to be a fair representation of American people (and after the Kington meet am beginning to think there was some truth in it. :evil: :evil: :p )

Pat

Yikes! You guys get to be titled gentlemen living on Picadilly square and adorable boy wizards and we get to be Bubba and his 16 year old cousin-bride? Damn that Jerry Springer! :p

pampe
11-04-2004, 01:55 PM

Pat

harUUUMph :mad:

:wink2:

seriously, Pat...had you EVER been around that many YANKS except at the bank in the US :wink2: :evil:

jaytee
11-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Well personally Pat, I thought the Yanks contingent were pretty mild compared with most of the Brits at Kington :wink2: :evil:

lynn_cyr
11-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Hello old friends!!

It seems like ages since I last visited these boards! Life has sort of taken over, and haven't been focusing on my art a whole lot. Most of you probably don't even know me - I don't recognized many of the names here!! LOL!

I just wanted to chime in and say Hi and give you an update on what's going on at my end.

I've been very, very busy with my work, which is great (being a freelancer, being busy means money is coming in! LOL!). I'm working on some great projects and having a great time.

I've also been working on a line of handmade books!! This is a very exciting direction for me, as I've always been curious about that art. I've been making and selling handmade Journals, Watercolor sketchbooks, Scrapbooks, and Albums. Business is good and word of mouth is quickly going around! I'm hoping to have pictures on my website soon, as well as shopping cart so people can order them. But for now, people just contact me directly...

I'm also a very active member of our local art association, and am now the Corresponding Secretary. We just had a Fall Art Show last weekend, and I got 2nd place in the Watercolor category!! There were 120 paintings total (about 50 in the w/c category). I was very excited and seeing all the amazing work that was on display, I have to say I was quite shocked too! :)

I'm attending a one-day workshop in a few weeks, so hopefully that will get me painting again, as I really miss it and miss being part of this community!

It'll take me months to read through all your news and updates!! I hope you are all doing well! :)

Europa
11-04-2004, 02:32 PM
harUUUMph :mad:

:wink2:

seriously, Pat...had you EVER been around that many YANKS except at the bank in the US :wink2: :evil:

What!! - no hands on hips - ooooooh methinks me got off lightly there. :D

LOL - yes actually I have been around many Yanks - spent a fair bit of time over in the states over the years - hmmmmm let me see - NYC - Long Island -Kentucky - Indiana - Illionois (sp) - North and South Carolina - Georgia - Alabama - Virginia - Tennessee - ooooh and even did the 8 hour journey on a greyhound bus complete with complimentary psycho on it. :evil:

ONLY IN AMERICA - GOD BLESS 'EM!!! :D

LOL JT - that's cos we Brits know how to partyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! :evil:

pampe
11-04-2004, 02:39 PM
par-teeeeeeeeeeeee...you surely do!

*hands on massive hips*

love ya , Pat

ktrayn78
11-04-2004, 03:06 PM
My sister came to visit me in college and when the visit was over I convinced her to go home on a Greyhound bus. She's never forgiven me. She was involuntarily befriended by a recently released convict who was tracking down his ex-girlfriend. The ex had moved and left no forwarding address. "She's going to be so surprised to see me!" he told my sister. I've never had the pleasure of a Greyhound experience, knock on wood!

Europa
11-04-2004, 03:10 PM
par-teeeeeeeeeeeee...you surely do!

*hands on massive hips*

love ya , Pat

Hey you didn't do so bad yourself with those shots in the pub!! :p

Love ya too!!

Pat

artmom
11-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Ktrayn, most of the Brits I know, (and this includes my relatives) are more like Benny Hill, Mr. Bean, Black Adder, and the Monty Python Circus!!! :evil: :D ROFLMBOPIMP

Char-Sis, MaryRS gave you a me a kind word in the Debate Forum (and also the rest of the Watercolor Forum)!

We had a little celebratory pizza party at our house last night! It was fun to get together on a weeknight :D , but I already miss youngest son, John! :(

Alex comes over tonight to spend some time with me, so maybe we'll paint some more.

Oh, for those who commented on my Interrupted Afternoon painting, I've darkened the sky behind the sail a bit. I'm not going to extend the tree, because on that coast the palmettos on the dunes don't grow high like palm trees. I'm now working on the painting for Erin for the RRII project.

:wave: to all--TMTRTI and AWAYTC

Hope the virtual Medical Rooms are emptying fast!

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

Flattwo
11-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi

JT...I was with the BBC in the early 80's for a couple of years roughly, )on a contract basis) in a modern annexe building to the left as you leave broadcasting house, I worked on a few projects in my time there, the one below was the new Scenery Workshop, I only show the heading of the drawing I did, for obvious reasons...HR are my intitials..1982 this was done...good times.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/3457-BBC.jpg
I remember you mentioned on the boards that you were a Producer, we may have ran into each other as you came charging out of BH, you never know. By the way, they are building a brand new BBC Scotland headquarters on the banks of the Clyde here, and its running away with its budget....another Scottish Parliement maybe :eek:

Regards

Henry

andylavallee
11-04-2004, 03:38 PM
HI all, well done Lynn cyr your making money at this!!!!. been tinkering today trying to find away of getting all the important stuff in my studio to fit indoors, it won't .. isnt there a murphys type law that says something about expanding to take up any available space!!! .

laudesan
11-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi JJ

Fantastic images..The London Eye, you would not get me up there!

The other pic is "The Palace of Westminster" my wife used to work there for one of the Ministers, I have dined there often, in one of the the many restaurants. I have been all round that place, sat on the Prime Ministers bench in the House of commons, and the Lords Chancelor's "throne" in the House of Lords, changed days now that security has been tightened

There is a pub across the road with a tunnel leading to the Palace, when a vote is Required in the House of Commons, a bell rings in the bar to hail Politicians, and they stagger through!

Thanks for posting

Henry

Gosh Henry thanks for all that wonderful info. Better than a tour guide..:) I am going to print it out and keep it..

The London Eye (http://www.londoneye.com/default.asp) isn't as scary as it looks. It moves very slowly, is very spacious in the capsule, doesn't tip over, (unfortunately) :D very sedate. Awesome view!!!!!!!! Quite smoggy tho'.. ;)

Just wanted to mention JJ that I am one of the other Judy's. I am the one that was at JT's house right before you, the one that you and Alan had dinner with and the one that stayed in Europe for one month just as you did. I am from Portland. My husband, Robert, was with me. We have 6 children and 6 grandchildren. Just so that you remember, I was the one that wore the "pink hat" and kept falling on the floor at JTs house (due to a curtain that I thought was a wall) LOL. Just so you know JJ that is me "HOPEFULBUCKY" My name is Judy and I was at Kington.
:D You are a riot!!! :D

Hi lynn_cyr, good to see you again. So pleased to read about your success. Way to go.. :clap:

Well it is nearly 8.00 am here, just waiting for Tania to pick Reece up for school, trying to keep the kids quietish so Alan can sleep, (night shift last night)

That Grandaughter of mine has a voice like a fog horn.. :rolleyes: :p

Huggles..

painterbear
11-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Z-o-o-o-m-i-n-g through before I have to make dinner but wanted to say Welcome Back to Lyn Cyr. Good to hear from you again, always nice when old friends stop by and fill us in on what's been happening in their lives. Hope to see one of your paintings soon too.

I have a misty morning painting about half way done from class today. Hope to finish it tomorrow and post it. I now have two paintings underway, unheardof for me because it takes me so long to get through one!

Zipping through my proofing of the 4th grade Math book. This one is easy because I also did the proofing when they were getting ready to print the last edition—and they are just revising and adding material to that! Naturally, there aren't too many mistakes to find. LOL! :angel:

JJ, The London eye looks a lot like the original Ferris wheel invented for the Chicago World's Fair, I think it was, by Mr. Ferris. People rode enclosed in cars that would hold quite a few people, not in little two person seats that you see at carnivals.

Oh right, Pat, we all act like the "guests" on the Jerry Springer show and the game shows where people hop up and down and squeal. :wink2: :evil:

CRS has set in. Tonight we are dining on a Phillipine dish called Pancit made with cubes of pork, julienned carrot pieces, onion, garlic, and cabbage shredded. These are steamed with a broth made from the pork bones and trimmings, then Pancit noodles are stirred in at the end with a little olive oil and soy sauce. Makes a luscious one dish meal and with all those veggies, it must be good for you. Right????

See you all tomorrow. Have a great night.

Sylvia

Kate Mc
11-04-2004, 05:45 PM
.....LOL - yes actually I have been around many Yanks - spent a fair bit of time over in the states over the years - hmmmmm let me see - NYC - Long Island -Kentucky - Indiana - Illionois (sp) - North and South Carolina - Georgia - Alabama - Virginia - Tennessee - ....

Ummmm, Pat.
Come here, kiddo
Sit down
Pay attention
.This is important
Are you listening?
Ok
I gotta tell you something
THERE ARE NO YANKS IN THE SOUTH!! That would include Kentucky, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Virginia, and Tennessee. In those places they are called "Dayam yankees". :D

Don't make me come over there!

Kate, who was born and raised on the Southern side of the Mason/Dixon line.

P.S. Chris, whatever you're smokin', I want some. :wave:

hopefulbucky
11-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Pat, I am afraid our challenge partner Kate is correct. Since I have lived on BOTH SIDES of the M/D line I am living proof. We lived in MI, WI, IA, CT, CO and south SC, TX, LA and now are living in the West. Let me tell ya son (that is a southern expression LOL) when we moved to SC and I was working there the minute I opened my mouth I was a d**n Yankee, and if I didn't like anything down there I was told in no uncertain terms that the planes flew the other way an they would be only too happy to escort me there. SOOOOOOO I really learned to be a very good, very quiet little girl UNTIL I drove out AND THEN well you met me so ya'all know just exactly how I am or mostly. I live in liberal Oregon and I can say what I think for the most part as long as I don't hurt anyone's feelings.

So Pat I am definitely a YANK and also a DAMN YANKEE. That's how you get to be both

Flattwo
11-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Hello

Pat's in trouble again :rolleyes:

A few facts about the Chicago Ferris wheel

http://users.vnet.net/schulman/Columbian/ferris.html

Regards

Henry

pampe
11-04-2004, 06:02 PM
she met YANKS in Kington *the real kind*

*hands on massive YANK who lived in the South too hips*

JudyL
11-04-2004, 06:08 PM
In defense of Pat, one think I have learned since we have been living in the UK....if you are from the US, you are, in fact, a YANK.
This is not to be confused with a YANKIE, who is something entirely different.
We have Southeners, Westerners, Northerners and those from the Midwest, or as DH says, "where the pavement ends and the west begin's". All together, we are Yanks.

Oh, and there is no such place as

"Frisco"

laudesan
11-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Hello

A few facts about the Chicago Ferris wheel

http://users.vnet.net/schulman/Columbian/ferris.html

Regards

Henry

Great info Henry. I find it really interesting, tho' I doubt I would have gone on that wooden one.. Now that is scary.. :D

Here are another couple of London pics???????????????

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-london_building1opt.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-London_buildingopt.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-London_building2opt.jpg

Europa
11-04-2004, 07:19 PM
I do know the difference between a Yankie and a Damn Yankie......lol.....but we call all Americans Yanks.

NOW - here's the interesting part - if you look at the map of the United States below you will notice something interesting.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/29499-musa.gif

Some of the states mentioned as being south of the Mason Dixie line - which as far as I know runs East West on the Pennsylvania and Maryland border - are in fact west of it as PA is near the East coast ( Kentucky - Virginia - Illionois (how do you spell that **** state??) and Indiana) - now I will accept that Tennessee and Alabama and Georgia and N & S Carolina are more like in the south........but how can these other states be south of the mason dixie line when they are actually to the west of it. :evil: :p :confused: :confused:

Oooh and I found a really good website too - its a guide to the differences between British and American culture - makes interesting reading. :D

http://us2uk.tripod.com/index.html

Pat x

hopefulbucky
11-04-2004, 07:27 PM
I L L I N O I S

Pat Lol

laudesan
11-04-2004, 07:29 PM
An Aussie didn't write this stuff.. LOL :wink2: http://us2uk.tripod.com/slang.htm

mr sandbanx
11-04-2004, 07:48 PM
P.S. Chris, whatever you're smokin', I want some. :wave:

One time two years ago I was redoing wiring for the new kitchen and turned off the power. So I had to wire fuse box, but it was dark. Easy, I lit a bunch of candles and attcked the thing with a screwdriver. Problem was my arm was in the candle. I noticed my sweater was in flames after a few minutes.

I remebered the "Stop" and the "Drop" but forgot the next part, and just lay on the floor, smouldering!

So no Kate, you don't want none of that!!!

And Spritey... I wonder who actually found that "Sprite"? Huh?

Will sit back now and watch as the debates above, rage!

Chris

Europa
11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
I L L I N O I S

Pat Lol

Thanks Judy - I will remember that by thinking of it as ILLI - NOISE - but without the e.....lol.

JJ - no and he aint a Brit either :evil: - he is actually South African - but all power to him for taking the time to gather that information and it does make interesting reading......LOL.

The FAQ's were interesting - for example this little mine of information....lol

Where does that word "Bloody" come from the English are so fond of using?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary: "In foul language, a vague epithet expressing anger, resentment, but often a mere intensive, especially with a negative -- as, not a bloody one." They cite an 1840s usage. On the other hand, the use as adverb dates back to 1650s: as an intensive, meaning, "very" or "and no mistake". In the 1880s, it was considered a "horrid word" by respectable people, on par with obscene or profane language, and was printed in newspapers, etc., as "b----y."
The OED says the origin is uncertain, but possibly refers to "bloods" (aristocratic rowdies) of the late 17th-early 18th centuries ... "bloody drunk" arising from '"drunk as a blood" ... and the association with bloody battle, bloody butcher, etc., "appealed to the imagination of the rough classes." They add, "There is no ground for the notion that 'bloody', offensive as ... it is now to polite ears, contains any profane allusion or has connection with the oath ' 's blood!', referring to the blood of Jesus."

.......... "appealed to the imagination of the rough classes."

Can't possibly mean me - cos I don't swear!!! :angel:

Pat

Flattwo
11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Hi JJ

#1 is Westminster Abbey
#2 is an entrance to The Palace of Westminster
#3 is someone taking a pic of the statue of Churchill with St Stevens Hall in the background, where the Queen Mother lay in state

Henry

pampe
11-04-2004, 08:13 PM
I really loved Westminster Abbey...especially Mary Q of Scots area :clap:

laudesan
11-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi JJ

#1 is Westminster Abbey
#2 is an entrance to The Palace of Westminster
#3 is someone taking a pic of the statue of Churchill with St Stevens Hall in the background, where the Queen Mother lay in state

Henry

Thank you Henry. :) You are wonderful..

jaytee
11-04-2004, 08:26 PM
LOL popped in for a last look before bed and get a history/geography/ language lesson with a tour of London thrown in :D And an old friend . Hi LynC :wave: LOVE this place :)

Henry . Egton House I guess. also had the gramophone library in it ( quaint old fashioned name.......... might have passed you in THAT underground corridor !!!! Wonder if JJ took a picture of Broadcasting House as in my round robin contribution. where I chopped off Egton :D

Right lets go see If I can squeeze in a few more hours sleep :D

see you on Frdiay folks. though it 's that here already;)

laudesan
11-04-2004, 08:34 PM
I may have done JT, I remember seeing it, and getting all excited and telling Alan HEY LOOK.. that is where JT used to work. I shall keep sifting.. ;)

Most of my photo's were taken from the top of a Double Decker Bus (Big Bus Tour) or the Amphibiam Duck (Duck Tour) :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2004/22284-Duck_our_Busopt.jpg

Friday's half over here..:p

Starsprite
11-04-2004, 09:23 PM
And Spritey... I wonder who actually found that "Sprite"? Huh?

Chris

Chris....HUH?? I think you stayed in the microwave too long this morning. LOL :D