PDA

View Full Version : **DAILY WASH** ~Tuesday 2nd November 2004~

laudesan
11-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Howdy Folks.. :wave:

Melbourne Cup Day here. Favourite Makybe Diva became the first mare to win the Melbourne Cup twice when she burst along the fence to capture the $4.6 million race at Flemington. (Quoted from National Nine News..) (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=21446) ;)

Jackie I am so pleased your friend made it O.K. YES !!!!!!! Hospitals are scary places.. But unfortunately we need them.. :(

Huge Huggles everyone!!

artmom
11-02-2004, 12:23 AM
For all US citizens, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

ROFLOL, there are three (3) Daily Washes going for November 2--one from Australia, one from Canada, and one from the US! Of course, Chris was a tad late with his! JJ and I tied!

Maybe someone will come along and have them melded together! :D

Lyn

mr sandbanx
11-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Ignore this please, Lyn beat me to it, sorry

artmom
11-02-2004, 12:27 AM
LOL, JJ, we both started the WASH at the same exact moment! I reckon we need to get someone to put them together. Shall you do it, or I?

Lyn

laudesan
11-02-2004, 12:29 AM
LOL, JJ, we both started the WASH at the same exact moment! I reckon we need to get someone to put them together. Shall you do it, or I?

Lyn

:D You please.. LOL

artmom
11-02-2004, 12:29 AM
LOL, Chris, JJ and I both beat you to it--we now have 3 WASHES going for November 2!

Lyn

mr sandbanx
11-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Ladies first I say... this will be fun, three washes...

Came home from work tonight inthe dark.. that bites, Oh well, only six months to go before I see the sun again.

Painting daisies in art class, decided to fake out the teacher so he see's not my chairs... thank goodness I don't take poetry classes too! I read the intro to Paradise Lost tonight, it says there is no reason for using words that rhyme, if they limit creativity and take away from the idea. So there's an excuse that both Kevin and I should keep in the back pocket just in case. I only got so far as the first line though, then went into a coma... I wonder if anyone ever read that from start to finish. I'll stick with Green Eggs and Ham any day. Brenda asks what will I do with Dr. Suess when the kids are all gone. I say "Kids, what kids?"

Saw Jackie earlier in the old Wash: HI Jackie, you been gone far too long! hope you hurry back.

I won't post the details, but there MAY be Northern Lights tonight, as far south as Scandinavia and Canada. Have a look if you think of it and are in the area.

And yesterday was day, in 1512, that Michaelangelo's paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel dispayed for the first time. Neat stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day... I plan on having one.

Chris

mr sandbanx
11-02-2004, 12:32 AM
YIKES!!! Ok ladies, lets hide behind a tree and watch the mayhem that ensues... you guys are great, its like in high school!

I am posting this here as well, and going to bed. will see what it looks like in the daylight...LOL. I suppose this is why the mods get paid the big bucks!

Came home from work tonight inthe dark.. that bites, Oh well, only six months to go before I see the sun again.

Painting daisies in art class, decided to fake out the teacher so he see's not my chairs... thank goodness I don't take poetry classes too! I read the intro to Paradise Lost tonight, it says there is no reason for using words that rhyme, if they limit creativity and take away from the idea. So there's an excuse that both Kevin and I should keep in the back pocket just in case. I only got so far as the first line though, then went into a coma... I wonder if anyone ever read that from start to finish. I'll stick with Green Eggs and Ham any day. Brenda asks what will I do with Dr. Suess when the kids are all gone. I say "Kids, what kids?"

Saw Jackie earlier in the old Wash: HI Jackie, you been gone far too long! hope you hurry back.

I won't post the details, but there MAY be Northern Lights tonight, as far south as Scandinavia and Canada. Have a look if you think of it and are in the area.

And yesterday was day, in 1512, that Michaelangelo's paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel dispayed for the first time. Neat stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day... I plan on having one.

Chris

laudesan
11-02-2004, 12:33 AM
GEESH.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/22284-11613-rofll.gif Keen lot aren't we.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/22284-11613-rofll.gif

mr sandbanx
11-02-2004, 12:35 AM
I only have 1700 posts. I blame you guys, you should know better!!!

djdedman
11-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Three washes for today, wow..................
Hi Lyn,JJ and Chris :wave:
Chris the reason you don't see me is because everytime I see you are online you leave. LOL
Hubby just finished his breathing machine so now need to care for him before I hit the sheets. Everyone have a good night or day, whichever if may be where you are.
BBL
Jackie

Kate Mc
11-02-2004, 01:49 AM
I know why there are three washes today-- it's because it's

MY BIRTHDAY!!

shhhhh, don't tell anybody............

Since you all know how much I love the wash, I want to thank all three of you for giving me this extra special present! JUPEE!

Jackie, you asked me yesterday if I was in Belgium for a short time or permanently. We moved here almost four years ago, and we love it here. We have no plans to move. Permanent? Don't know--all my life I've made long-term plans (one of those :rolleyes: ). I was going to be a veterinarian and horse trainer. Then I was going to get the Nobel Prize for Psychological research (never mind that they don't HAVE a Nobel Prize for Psychology). Sigh. None of them have exactly worked out, but in the meantime what I have done and were I have been is always much better than I planned. So finally I quit planning. That's a long way of saying that we're here for now. You should come to see it--it's a beautiful place.

So, JJ, did you have a flutter on the mare?

Lyn, I voted a few weeks ago! :angel: (Let's hope it's not lost in the mail...)

Chris, I hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. But I guess it's the price we pay for those loooooonnnng day in the summer! LOL at your painting class. I'd love to be a fly on the wall...

Jackie, Hugs to your friend in the hospital. And to you too.

:wave:

happy birthday to me....happy birthday to meeeeee.....
Kate, who LOVES her birthday.

laudesan
11-02-2004, 02:03 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/22284-Birthday_cake_optimized.jpg KATE. (I wont tell anyone) :p

Naaaaaaaaaa, I forgot it was on today. I think she payed 25.00 too.. LOL

I agree that I am happy where I am too, even tho' my plans and dreams were faaaaaaar removed from here LOL..

Life is good!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/22284-ML_Me_Dave.jpg LAX Airport.

ML mentioned our wild ride from the Getty to the Airport..;) I was taking pics out of the cab window. Of course not many were good at all, he was driving all over the place dodging traffic..:D but this one isn't too bad. I was trying to capture the sunset, it really was awesome!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/22284-La_Yacht_Harbour.jpg

This from the Getty!! Exactly how I took it..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/22284-sunset_at_the_Getty.jpg

Lulu
11-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone, lovely sunshine here today.
I forgot all about the Melbourne Cup JJ, was the winner a NZ horse? I know that Dainty something or other LOL was running but haven't heard where she came.

Kate, Happy Birthday! and many happy returns!

LOL about three washes starting today - glad I wasn't home at the time or their might have been 4!!!!

Now where's that Kev................ wonder if he's been to the gym today... :evil:

Yorky
11-02-2004, 03:42 AM
Morning all :wave:

I think we have one wash! now :D

Happy birthday Kate!

Couldn't send you flowers, but the colour is "dark orchid" ;)

Two weeks Friday we fly off to Detroit :clap:

We shall have one suitcse for clothes, and the other full of presents for little Alexander :D

It's a beautiful autumn day, will be in the mid 50's, no wind, blue skies with wispy clouds. No plans for today, except tidying the lounge which looks as if a bomb has hit it!

So no news is good news BBL

Doug

andylavallee
11-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Happy birthday Kate :D

billythekid
11-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Happy birthday, Kate and many happy returns.

painterbear
11-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Good Morning all,

The clock just went past 4:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Pitch black outside the window but I know it will be light an hour earlier than it was just last week. :) My body is still on non-daylight savings time though. I'm waking up at 3:00 a.m. now instead of 4:00 a.m.! Gradually, I'll adjust, in the meantime, I get to read the Wash that much earlier. However, I DO NOT HAVE time to read three separate Washes! LOL! :eek:

I see that Kate has assigned our words for today and they are
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE (Ban Sidhe) AND KAREN (Karenjh)!
Hope you both have a wonderful day for your special day celebration and a terrific year ahead in which there are no painting time-outs and your paintings all turn out the way you like!

JJ, Lucky you getting to visit the Getty Museum. I would love to see it one day.

Weaving :wave: to Lyn, Chris, Jackie, Lulu, Doug, and Andy!

Hope all in the Recovery and Waiting Rooms are feeling better today.

Busy day ahead for DH and I. First thing we'll do is go up to our local High School (our polling place) and cast our votes. Then we'll go grocery shopping, which we normally do on Sunday but delayed this week since we were having guests for lunch that day. Next we are going to do our final harvest of tomatoes and eggplant from the garden. Then we'll pull all the tired plants and put them out with the leaves lining our curb for the city to pickup. (Heavy winds the other night blew a lot of them down!) Finally, a new batch of pages for the Grade 4 Math book I'm proofing are scheduled to arrive and I'll have to get started on them. Whew, I've tired myself out just thinking about it!

Started a painting of birds in art class yesterday. Got the background in and the branch they are sitting on. Now comes the hard part of putting some color on white feathers. Have to remember values, values, values.

Off to check out the Gallery now. Lately it has been taking forever to open a thread, wait for the reply window to open, type my reply, post it and wait for it to register. I timed it the other day and I managed to look at three threads in a half hour. Unfortunately, it is hard to comment on many paintings at that speed. :crying:

SYL,

Sylvia

BobH
11-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Happy Birthday Kate!

JudyL
11-02-2004, 06:58 AM
Just popping in to say "HI" and Happy Birthday for those who still have them.
Moving slowly because back is hurting for some reason, wish I knew why. Leo, now retired owner of the closed Mario's Osteria, called to say he is bringing DH a Chocolate Fudge Cake tonite. This is Jack's favorite, and the way Leo would "pay" Jack for fixing his computer problems. I thought once Leo retired I would be safe from that uuuummmmmmm dessert, guess not. I will tell Jack he has to take it to work, they love them as much as I do. Will have to tell Jack to get some vanilla ice cream.
Washer and Dryer are now upstairs in the new bathroom and fully operational, and leak proof. :clap: Just a bit of painting walls and new doors to go. I also decided to put more of the mosaic stone tiles on the wall by the door.
Oh well,

BBL
JudyL

CharM
11-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Good morning Washers! Yes, it's dark out of doors... and raining... Magoo says the gloom is appropriate to his mood... I understand...

Thibaut should be home now, hugging his Mama and Papa... he promised to call and let us know that everything was ok...

I did just fine until a Porter asked me if the boy was mine... *sob*... then, I was a wreck...

Good thing that today is a busy work day... and I have interesting news (well, to me) about my retirement next year... the Company has offered a contract position for some small number of hours per month in data analysis and research... seriously considering it... :D

Happy Birthday Katie P'Tatie!!!

I know you'll have the very best day!!!!

LOL about your life plans... DH and I had very carefully planned our lives, financial status, boys' educations, paying off our mortgage and retirement, etc... Then... along came Magoo... DH's exact words when the child was born were *ok... there goes Plan A...* LOL

Happy Birthday Karen!

It was mass confusion here last night, judging from the first several posts... LOL...

Sylvia... I'm on dialup, but it doesn't take nearly that long to look at the threads... is it possible you've got some spyware bogging down your machine??? I know you have a Mac, so you certainly aren't as vulnerable to all the viruses that PC's are... but, seriously, you should have a look-see...

:wave: to everyone!!! Sending positive vibes and good thoughts your way...

Europa
11-02-2004, 07:17 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!!

Well I couldnt find one wash when I logged on - searched around and was just about to start one myself when I found this one - havent seen the others though -maybe they have been removed. Am sure this computer is haunted. Was wierd thinking there was no Wash - I felt like there was only me here - all on me lonesome :crying:

Well better make a move - brain fuzz has set in - waving to everyone - sending love and hugs - bbl when my brain is back in gear.

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

artmom
11-02-2004, 07:34 AM
:wave: I'm baaaaack and happy to see that the mods straightened the three of us out!!! LOL

Happy Birthday, Modine and Karen!

Ed will take me to vote today (he voted early). Hopefully, the wait won't be too long. However the weather should be okay up until about 3 pm. We plan to go fairly early.

I'm busy washing and drying clothes--have to do it sometime! LOL

Best wishes to those in the virtual Medical Rooms!

May your today be better than your yesterday!

Lyn

Flattwo
11-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Hi

Happy Birthday Kate!

Henry

Little Old Lady
11-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Greetings
Happy Birthday Kate and Karen!!
I will vote and will be happy that the Campaign is finally over. Living in a battleground state we were swamped with ads and phone calls.
painting group this morn. Hope to do mare painting that talking.
Being treated to lunch !
Have a good one.
JoAnn

DominicM
11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Birthday wishes to all...

Recovering, not too jet-lagged but too much work to catch up on, thanks for your welcome backs and will hopefully get around to painting soon, after I have unpacked my suitcase...

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} to those who need them.

Have a nice day..

Sharon Douglas
11-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Happy Birthday Kate and Karen.

I sincerley hope that you both have a wonderful day.

Uschi
11-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Raining!

Well, got my new prescription "Bextra" to replace the Vioxx. I don't like taking any pills so only take it every 3rd day when I can no longer funtion without it, then I almost feel like a teenager for a day. When I first started taking them I took one a day and found that soon the body got used to it and it wasn't really working that well. That's when I switched to the every third day or special occasions i.e. when Aussies come visiting :D

Watercolour Paper - I think everyone knows that I love and use Winsor Newton because there is no need to stretch. I think the reason it doesn't buckle vs. Arches because it is thicker and less cardboardy. Well, sometime ago I bought a sheet of Arches, bright white, that was sitting there, and I decided to see if I can stretch paper. I had never before stretched paper nor painted on it and must say - WOW, is it ever nice to paint on stretched paper!!! Almost worth all the trouble. I don't know if I like the staple holes along the edge of the paper.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE and KAREN!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you all good things you wish for yourself!!!!!!!!

Chris - I feel for you and everyone else abaout leaving in the dark and coming home in the dark. My friends and I always celebrate on Dec. 21st when the days start getting longer. :clap: :clap:

JJ - beautiful sunset

Doug - WOW, only two weeks until Detroit - are we that close to Christmas???? You sure have done a lot of vacationing this year :D

Sylvia - did you ever post that pouring painting???? I agree with you, there were a couple of days last week when WC was VERY slow. Big, huge KUDO for you for looking in the gallery at all - WOW, that is slooooooooow! Mine is slow but nowhere near that bad.

Char - Well, here comes another life plan - contract position, no contract position, contract position, no contract position :rolleyes: :confused: :D I thought about you all day yesterday knowing how you would feel re the airport situation, big HUG

Dominic - nice to have you back!!

JoAnn - I too am glad the campaign is over, I watch CNN; now they will be debating the aftermath for a month :rolleyes:

Jackie - wonderful that your friend is O.K.

Well, I better get my day started, so sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!!!!
Uschi

Christie
11-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Morning All!

Kids are starting to arrive, so this is going to be short.:D

Three washes may just be a record! I'm impressed at the timing that you three displayed today....

Happy birthday Kate! Hope you enjoy the day and that your weather is good.

Have another busy day here, but at least my car is back from the shop so I can do what I want without having to worry about picking up other people.:) Phew! Four months of ferrying worked well, but it is nice to be back to two cars.:)

Char, I run regular spy-ware checks on my mac and have never found anything, but it's a good suggestion for Sylvia to look at.

Sorry that Thibaut has gone, and I can understand how sad you must be right now. How's Magoo doing?

Long term plans? Yeah, I used to do that pre-kids... Not anymore.:D Now, I go with the flow and marvel at how far we have come DESPITE the kids.:D

I am loving the dark mornings and nights! I think that I am part mole...:D

Okay, children are arriving, so I'll check in this afternoon when my time is my own again.

Can't imagine what it must be like to be in a battleground state JoAnne! Can't wait to see what the US voter turnout is like today. Anything would be better than our municipal turnout which was under 20%. Pathetic.:(

Take care.

droll13
11-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Happy Birthday wishes to all who are celebrating.

I finally took someone's advice and "got my little butt over to the Photography Forum". With a fair amount of trepidation (there are some incredibly talented photographers there), I posted a few photos, seeking feedback. So far, they've been quite helpful and encouraging.

Nice photos here today, except for that skinny guy with the gray beard.

Busy morning for me, so I gotta dash.

BBL

Roun2it
11-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Aff'noon each,

Wasn't around this morning ........I went to the gym!! :clap: :clap:

Bright and early a quick 30 lengths of the pool a few step ups and a bike ride and ready for the steam room and hydro-pool ......aaahhhhhhhhhh.

Not lost any weight yet :p

Just promise me one thing you Americans ............. please pick one of em!! I dread to think what my TV will be like if you don't. I couldn't care less who it is as long as you get one, my remote is working overtime to find a channel thats not on about it, I'll have to start watching Cartoon Network ..... or have I been watching that all along.

I saw the surgeon yesterday and he is willing to do the kneecap replacement surgery. It is new and still experimental, but the trials have been going on for 8 years and the people who have had it done are all getting better quality of life, and have delayed the time of their total knee replacement by 8 years and counting, so it sounds good. He has explained that it is a major op. I'm booked in for 2nd Dec, possibility of 5 days in hospital to recover. So will have a Christmas on crutches.

Happy birthday Kate

toyam
11-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Happy Birthday Kate!
Hello to Everyone, have a great Day/night....

Bonnie R

Faafil
11-02-2004, 10:02 AM
'morning all :wave:

Election day, so going to get my butt in gear and go vote. We have the day off today (bless the UAW) :D Then need to get the car in for an oil change, and I have a hair appt at noon. And then try to get some painting time in. :)

JJ, your picture of the 3 of us turned out better than mine! I think your sunset photo is near Santa Monica pier.

Happy Birthday Kate & Karen!!!!

Boy, my body is having a tough time adjusting to setting the clocks back. I want Daylight Savings back!!! waaahhhhh I hate driving home in the dark!!! I'd much rather drive *to* work in the dark.

Char, hope you hear from Thibault soon; knowing you, I'm sure it was hard to let go of him. Good news for you about the contract work. :) I'm so wanting to retire, but finances and pension concerns are forecasting another 9 years :eek: (unless they offer me an early out in 4 years)

Well, it's 7 am, time to get into the shower and start my day. By this time on a workday I'd already be on the road!

Have a great day everyone, sending 11 hugs!

ML

JudyL
11-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Hi again,
JJ, thanks for the information on the Belfast hotel in Paris, I want to stay near there when we go back there again, still some museums I need to see.
Kev, when we had a pool, I was told that swimming does not really help you lose weight, as when you get out of the pool you have a massive appetite!
I'm sure you will prove them all wrong. I once told Jack that grass would not grow under the pine trees. Yep, it does, if you are stubborn.
One good thing about being on crutches at Christmas time, you should get sympathy and people to wait on you.
I am still enjoying having the washer and dryer upstairs. I washed my pillow, and now it's in the dryer with 3 tennis balls.
Later
JudyL

pampe
11-02-2004, 11:32 AM
TUESDAYELECTIONDAY

I HATE THIS DARK....even lil fookie wants to go to bed by 6PM....ARGH

((char)) partings are so tough

KEV...I agree with you....I want this to all be over.....the idea of courts and controversy makes me http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/4054-vomit-smiley-014.gif

Happy Birthday, K and K!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/4054-Birthday_Cake.gif

URSULA!!! all mine have staple marks....they end up UNDER the mat

SPYWARE..recently changed from SPYBOT to WEBROOT spy sweeper and it is UNBELEIVABE...great value

Hap in AZ and it's DARK and cold here.... :(

Going to make a fire and READ.....

Have a great day

hopefulbucky
11-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Happy Birthday Kate (challenge partner)

Have Dan take you out for a really nice romantic dinner (is it too cold for a sidewalk cafe?). I am sure he will do something to make your day special.

Wishing you all the best for the next year as well,

droll13
11-02-2004, 11:47 AM

Just promise me one thing you Americans ............. please pick one of em!! I dread to think what my TV will be like if you don't. I couldn't care less who it is as long as you get one, my remote is working overtime to find a channel thats not on about it, I'll have to start watching Cartoon Network ..... or have I been watching that all along.

I saw the surgeon yesterday and he is willing to do the kneecap replacement surgery. It is new and still experimental, but the trials have been going on for 8 years and the people who have had it done are all getting better quality of life, and have delayed the time of their total knee replacement by 8 years and counting, so it sounds good. He has explained that it is a major op. I'm booked in for 2nd Dec, possibility of 5 days in hospital to recover. So will have a Christmas on crutches.

Kev,

I agree with you! Even though it's important, I'm glad our election process is almost over.

Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery with the knee op.

I'm off now to cast my votes.

TTFN

Yorky
11-02-2004, 11:57 AM
........Doug - WOW, only two weeks until Detroit - are we that close to Christmas???? You sure have done a lot of vacationing this year :D
Uschi

LOL Uschi - We always celebrate on 21st December too - it's our wedding anniversary - longest night of the year :wink2:

Son Peter found at the last minute that he is working the Christmas holiday installing a new robot riveter system in a Ford factory in Detroit :( So we had to bring forward our visit to cover Thanksgiving when he has a few days off.

Good news, Kev - best wishes for the forthcoming operation.

Doug

CharM
11-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Woo hoo! Thibaut just called... He's had 4 hours sleep and his family is having a *Welcome Home* party for him... he wanted to talk to his Canadienne Moether one more time... :crying:

I'm such a sap...

Kev... that's REALLY good news about your knee... Christmas on crutches? That's ok... you'll be dancing in the street by Easter...

Doug... I can feel your excitement about getting to see Alexander... As a Paramedic, my DH never has Christmas off... we *choose* another calendar date and celebrate when he can be home... been doing this for years... Thanksgiving is good, though... and a whole month sooner!!! :D

Pam... I don't mind the dark mornings... or evenings... it's the grey daytime hours that get to me... I need some sunshine!!!! Lot's of snow your way???

Uschi... I don't stretch my Arches paper, either... I know, I know... I usually work on blocks... but I do have some full sheets of both 300# and 140# stuff... The 300# is really quite cardboardey... :D The 140# paper, I just tape it to a support like you do with the W & N... I haven't had any buckling problems yet...

Judy... we need more pics... :D

Dave... I knew you'd like it over there... :D

Christie... I really chuckled over the practical joke that George pulled on you, yesterday... It's something that my eldest would have done...

ML... I've been meaning to ask about Joanne... please tell her that I said *hi*...

...woops... there goes my business line... the salt mines are calling... bbl

Lulu
11-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Aff'noon each,

Wasn't around this morning ........I went to the gym!! :clap: :clap:

Bright and early a quick 30 lengths of the pool a few step ups and a bike ride and ready for the steam room and hydro-pool ......aaahhhhhhhhhh.

Not lost any weight yet :p

Wahoo Kev! :clap: :clap: :clap: am so proud of ya! Now what are you going to do there today? :evil: Wish my gym had a pool.
All the best with the knee surgery. I'll let you off the gym then:p

Doug lol @ your wedding anniversary date;)

Char, more ((()))

droll13
11-02-2004, 02:02 PM

Dave... I knew you'd like it over there... :D

Thanks Char - I couldn't find the thread, so wasn't positive who told me to check that forum out, but I thought it was probably you.

============

Hey, I just noticed that I'm now a "Lord of the Arts"!!! I guess 2000 posts is that magic number. So I have a nice new title - don't know what that says about me - maybe that I need to get a life. (LOL)

pampe
11-02-2004, 02:13 PM
congrats, Dave

shoot if you need I life..I must need 10 :rolleyes: :evil:

Uschi
11-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Just a quickie read while paper is drying.

O.K. when it comes to the point where the rubber hits the road, Arches 140 buckles a bit inspite of stretching. Actually it buckles as much stretched as does the Winsor Newton 140 unstretched. I am talking about when I prewet the paper and poured paint on it.

Char - gray, gray, gray (insert Pam's puking icon :evil: :D ) I am cheering myself up by working with bright, bright yellow, bright, bright red and same with purple. Shocks you into instant cheer everytime you walk past it :D :clap: :clap: :clap: about Thibout calling, he no doubt misses you guys as much as you miss him - more hugs!!!!

The only thing I remember is Kev's knee surgery - WOW - it is taking us 6 months to see the surgen and then at least a year for the surgery. :envy:

Did you guys find WC to be very slow this morning??? I think it's a bit better now.

Half stroking , half pouring PURPLE now :clap: :clap: :clap:
Later!
Uschi

Europa
11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Ok who is messing about remotely with my puter - one minute the threads are there - the next they arent - then its showing I have a couple of pms then I haven't - (cue twilight zone theme music :music: ) - and these icons are still swapping places. :(

Anywaysssssss - had a successful day today - we are finally getting an office - wooohoooooooo - so I can move all this stuff out of my room - so this means a new computer (cant possibly take this old thing to a new office now can I....lol) - BUT - also having to get up in the mornings to go to the office......aaaaaaaargh.

Actually its about five minute walk down the road from our house in the old Carnegie Library building - so that will be my bit of exercise for the day.....lol - must take a photo for you to see - its a wonderful building that went to rack and ruin when the library closed until it was bought by a friend of ours who restored it to its former glory and divided the upstairs into small office units.

Also met with our new accountant re becoming a limited company - he quoted tax things and dividends and numbers and figures and my head was spinning at the end - am sure it will all come clear eventually.......(gulp!!)

Well off to have a loz watching tv - so hugs all around - white light to those in need - good luck to our American cousins with your election - hope you get the guy you want :D .

Later folks

Love and hugs

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

droll13
11-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Uschi - yes, WC was VERY slow for me this morning. Other sites were not.

Starsprite
11-02-2004, 03:20 PM
'Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with the slowness problem this morning! It was BAD!! Seems to be working okay now though. :)

Pat............."off to have a loz" ??? LOL What??? Does that mean a snooze perhaps?? :D Plus FIVE MINUTES of exercise is not enough!!!! LOL

Glad to hear Thibaut called you CharM! It would be hard to let someone you have gotten close to leave....but he can always visit...plus great memories and he's just a phone call away! :)

Happy Birthday Kate and Karen!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DominicM
11-02-2004, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=Roun2it]all getting better quality of life, and have delayed the time of their total knee replacement by 8 years and counting, so it sounds good.QUOTE]

Kev, hope it is successful for you too...

Europa
11-02-2004, 04:23 PM
LOL Patty - for me who does no exercise whatsoever methinks 5 mins there and 5 mins back is a good start - actually its more like ten minutes for me as I am not a fast walker - I just tootle rather than walk.

Loz - means laze about - which I am very good at :D - of course my excuse is that because of my broken coccyx it is more comfortable for me to be lying on my side on my bed rather than sat in a chair - just now have to learn how to paint whilst in that position......lol.

Pat

Uschi
11-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Woooohoooo, did that ever turn into a colourful painting, will show you tomorrow.

Just heard about the long, long line-ups to the polls in the USA, people waiting for hours, wow, they must surely be determined. I can't understand it, when I was a polling clerk at our last election the most we had ever lining up was 4 (2 couples).

I think WC is going back and forth from slow to faster and back to slow. I am going to babysit my little grandson in a minute. Mom is still working, dad wants to go to a seminar. Pitch dark outside - 5:30 p.m. :mad: :( :crying: :D
Over and out, have a good night!!!
Uschi

painterbear
11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Good afternoon all,

Very dark and dreary outside, raining most of the day. We voted in the morning and had no lines to stand in here. Kev, if you think you are sick of the election news, you should live in one of the battleground states like JoAnn and I do! Ads from all sorts of groups were on the TV constantly and even the radio! We couldn't escape them! It will all be over hopefully by tomorrow, but I'm afraid it may get dragged out by the army of lawyers that are out there ready to go to battle. Remember Shakespeare's advice in Henry VI, part IV: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." I think there are going to be a lot of people who feel that way if this gets dragged on and on like the 2000 election did. :evil: :wink2: :mad:

Uschi, I've finished the pour painting and will start a thread in the next day or so as soon as I transfer the pictures from the camera into the computer. Be careful with the Bextra, it can cause problems too. I think you are wise only taking it periodically.

Char, Glad you heard from Thibalt and he arrived home safely. He'll probably sleep around the clock once his family stops celebrating his return.
The contract offer when you retire sounds great. You get to keep your hands in the game and make some additional $$$, but you'll have lots less pressure and more freedom.

Kev, That sounds like good news on the kneecap surgery. The experimental results are very promising. Bet you'll be glad when it is all done. You'll be fit as a fiddle for the new year!

Doug, Only two weeks until you see how much Alexander has grown and learned since the last time you visited! Bet you are getting excited.

I laughed when I read how many of you were having slow times here this morning. I DIDN'T! Go figure, I was able to view lots of threads and type responses galore. Of course, you would have had to have been here at 3:30 a.m like I was to get that easy response time. LOL!

Don't know if I have spyware, like Christie said, I haven't heard of too many Macs that get attacked. Not sure how you find out if you have been infected or not. I'm semi-literate on the computer, but still at a pretty basic level of understanding when it comes to messing with the system.

CRS has set in. Have to go make dinner now. Simple supper tonight, cabbage and potatoes (an Italian version of Bubble and Squeak :cat: ) with sausages.

SYtomorrow.

Sylvia

mustcreate
11-02-2004, 05:39 PM
hello washerbuds!

I do so enjoy reading the wash with all the various "sayings" from around the world. I like to loz too!! ;) :D

well I managed to get on the treadmill again today...that makes 2 days in a row....woot!! :p then I went out for lunch with my sis Lois and my Mom :) then a few hours of errands. argh. if they were fun ones it would be ok....just boring ones though. I did stop off at the book store and found a couple of art mags I didn't have and a few books about Michelangelo - as preparation for Ellen's (and my) trip to Italy next spring she's been assigned the Sistine Chapel to write a report on. It will also be great reading for me during the long cold winter ahead....I am finding my appetite voracious for anything Italian :cool:

Clayton has flight ground school tonight so I am going to spend the entire evening painting. :clap:

here's hoping for some creativity in your life

em

Faafil
11-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Just heard about the long, long line-ups to the polls in the USA, people waiting for hours, wow, they must surely be determined. I can't understand it, when I was a polling clerk at our last election the most we had ever lining up was 4 (2 couples).
Uschi

Boy, I must have timed it just right! I got to the polling place about 1:15 and there were only 4 other people there. When I got out of the booth, there must have been 20 standing in line :D :D :D

Can't wait to see that painting...

Got all my errands done except the oil change - I'll just do that tomorrow. I decided I'd rather paint :D

Congrats Dave!

WC! was veeerrrrrrrry slow for me this morning too, but fine now.

See y'all later...

11 hugs!

ML

laudesan
11-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Good Wednesday Morning from me..:)

Elise has arrived so I wiull have to make it quick..;)

Kev (()) Glad you don't have to wait long..

We get bombarded with US election stuff too. I just turn off the TYV and turn on my music..:)
It must be over now tho'?? Yes??

Char Aaaaaaaw I am glad he rang.. Chin up kiddo.. Hmmmm re contract..;) Retirement sound much better..:D

Sylvia I had a devil of a time when I started the wash with slow time. Good as gold now..

Uschi, can't wait to see your painting..

Pat..... ohhhhhhhh Chooky coming up in the world aren't we, an outside office even.. :p :D

Doug, I can feel your excitement..:D Travel IS great!! 'specially when we are going to visit those we love!!

Dave.. :D :p

Got to run..

Huggles everyone

artmom
11-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Well, I have done my civic duty! It was my pleasure to vote today, and Ed wheeled me right in with no wait. I'm happy I didn't go to early voting last week where the lines were out the courthouse door! :eek: Hopefully, it will be over tonight, but with all those undead lawyers out there, I'm not sure!!! :evil: :D

We ate lunch out and then came home to a wonderfully clean house. (The housekeepers had come while I was voting.) I immediately went to bed as I was exhausted (3 hours sleep last night) and my ankle was hurting. I woke up four hours later!!! :eek: LOL

We are now at our computers, with one eye on the television for election results.

:wave: to all who posted today!

Lyn