PDA

View Full Version : Blooming Yuccas

Clareen Barrett
11-01-2004, 09:19 AM
48x60Blooming YuccasNavy

Bertoni
11-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi Clareen:
Welcome to WC Acrylic Forum!!! Looked for it and your painting image didn't show up. Try clicking on "Manage Attachments" on the bottom of the screen
and go from there. OR clicking "Quick Links" at the top right. Hope that helps?
I see you're from Prescott and probably know my good friend KathyR? :)

Clareen Barrett
11-01-2004, 09:58 AM
I thought I uploaded the photo of it , plus two more...but no can find! I obviously am missing some step! Help! Is there a fee? I need a blow by blow on how-to!

deLYNNEation
11-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Clareen, I'm interested in seeing your blooming yuccas . . . so I pasted this link here - it's a good 'how to'.

The New User Channel is helpful to check out also to get acquainted.

how to post images - New User Forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176762)

Clareen Barrett
11-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Thank you Lynn...will study it and try again! Clareen

Clareen Barrett
02-24-2005, 08:27 AM
48x60Blooming YuccasNavy

quinacridonemagenta
02-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Awesome Work! Love the colors! Love the series!
Especially love the colors and composition in the third one....the red shadow on the yellow ground is so beautiful.

Bertoni
02-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Clareen:
WOW! What glorious use of color!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

connievanwinssen
02-24-2005, 10:27 AM
You painted these very well! :)

tubby2legs
02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
i really enjoy the colors. especially the third one. nicely done.

alfredart
02-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Wow!!!!!!! These are most wonderful, the colors are so alive. I to like the third one the best but they all are fantastic. Your loose form and color are truly fantastic. If you could bottle that up and sell it I'd be the first in line.

Peace,
AL

Clareen Barrett
02-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Clareen:
WOW! What glorious use of color!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you all! I really needed encouragement today as my New Orleans series has me hitting a wall. Bert! I had lunch with Kathy..she looked beautiful and was a ray of sunshine in the rain! Yes, we do get rain in Az.!

Bertoni
02-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Clareen:
Go, go, go New Orleans!!! :clap: ...and Kathy says great things about you too! She had mentioned meeting you for lunch!! :)

Clareen Barrett
02-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Clareen:
Go, go, go New Orleans!!! :clap: ...and Kathy says great things about you too! She had mentioned meeting you for lunch!! :)

When the owner decided he wanted just buildings in his New Orleans black&whites..there went my loose wash style and in with a tight boring renditions....will send you a couple and maybe you'll have some ideas to free up the sketches...switched to acrylics (on canvas)rather than ink on paper. Also included 2 of the original people ones so you can see the difference!
What's your critiqueing fee? I'll owe you!!!! Clareen

Bertoni
02-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Clareen:
I don't think the buildings are boring at all. They have a lot of style and are loaded with light which i like a lot! The ones of the people, especially the clarinet player are terrific!!! The expression on his face shows the personality of the person if you know what I mean? I can find zero negatives on this work!!
And my critiquing fee is a nickel!! How is that? Five installments of a penny would do it! LOL :)