PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Members To Create Festive Holiday Art

CarlyHardy
11-01-2004, 01:35 AM
For the next few months, the webmasters for the OPS website will be utilizing member's artwork to share the Holiday season with all our viewers.

If you would like to have your work featured on the site, please share a winter time scene or a festive holiday scene with all of us in this thread. You may use images from Wet Canvas's Image Library, or you may want to create a holiday scene of your own.

Your work must be created in oil pastels, of course, and you must be a member of the oil pastel society. If you're not a member, it's easy to sign up....just visit our website, Oil Pastel Society (http://oilpastelsociety.com) and sign up today :)

If you would like to submit more than one image, please do, but depending on the number received, we might have to choose one from each member for the site.

Now! Get to painting!! I wanna see snow and winter trees and boughs of holly decorating our site!!....and how about some fireworks for New Year's eve!!!

carly :D

Pat Isaac
11-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Great post, Carly :D :D

Pat

eileenclaire
11-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Ooh, this is exciting! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I'm glad you are putting this up early, so that people have time to do it before the busy season gets here.

Great idea, Carly!

Dyin
11-01-2004, 12:38 PM
This will be fun...and a really great chance to see some more work from our OPS members :clap: I bet many do their own holiday cards, and it's easy to post a photo of those, too. If anyone is unfamiliar with uploading to the site, here is great link to give you step by step instructions on how to upload or attach your artwork here...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/44487/496/

feel free to ask if you need more help too!

steven
11-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Fireworks :D - Do I feel some printing/dry pigment experiments coming on? :clap:

Dyin
11-01-2004, 01:15 PM
lol Steven...can't wait to see how you get them to sparkle :D

cjkelly
11-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Winter scenes and cozy interiors are not really indicative of the festive season in the southern hemisphere - hope you will be a little more relaxed with those guidelines for us folks entering the silly season of beach bbq's and watermelon fights :D
Great idea Carly.

cj

Dyin
11-01-2004, 08:00 PM
sounds like fun seeing what a down under holiday looks like, cj!!!

BeckyMc
11-01-2004, 08:51 PM
No snow for us either, CJ :( Now maybe I could scrounge up a nice bowl of ornaments! :evil:

CarlyHardy
11-01-2004, 11:34 PM
CJ,
not to worry. I lived in southern Florida for several years and we hung tinsel from palm trees :) but I missed the cold weather in the wintertime. I'm just a mountain girl at heart :D

How about snowmen out of sand!!
carly

Dyin
11-01-2004, 11:56 PM
My first Florida Christmas, 25 years ago, was in Tallahassee at a campground...got a terrific cold snap...in the 20's F and we were on our Harley and got too cold to keep going north. Set up the tent and decorated the high sissy bar with boughs of Australian pine :) and nestled some colored gum balls in there with pinecones...was a nice Christmas :D

Pat Isaac
11-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Hehe.... :evil: I know where you can find a nice bowl of ornaments....
Don't know what it's like not to have snow, though we have had some winters that were milder than others. What an adventurer you are Sue....
Pat

BryAli
11-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Great idea, Carly! :D

I know what it's like to have snow and no snow. I grew up in NH and Mass, lived in LasVegas, NV, and lived for 10 years down in Daleville/Fort Rucker, AL. That's where I call 'home'. We'll be moving back in about 4 or 5 months, depends on the Army. We're in TN/KY right now-looking forward to a white Christmas!!

Count me in!

~Alishia

Dyin
11-02-2004, 10:24 AM
lol Pat...the new operative word is 'was'...all my adventures are now on canvas :p

Pat Isaac
11-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Hehe...you can have an alter ego like Rose in the cartoon. :rolleyes:

Pat

Dyin
11-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Hehe...you can have an alter ego like Rose in the cartoon. :rolleyes:

Pat

I do! teehee :p

k9artisan
11-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Well I will happily donate my painting for the Holiday decoration for OPS! It's a white poinsettia and called "Christmas 2004".
Already getting in the Holiday spirit!
~Amber

Dyin
11-14-2004, 09:58 PM
It's beautiful, Amber and will look great on site!!! Thanks!

eileenclaire
11-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Anyone who would like to have their holiday art featured at the OPS site may either post it here, or send it to [email protected]

Here's a great opportunity to showcase your holiday art! Looking forward to seeing your artwork!