PDA

View Full Version : Daily Wash Monday Nov 1 2004

Lulu
10-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Evening each:) been feeling a bit on the cool side here, and JJ's skiting LOL about the temperature and humidity there doesn't help :p
Gradually getting back into work mode.... lots to do, garden is being overtaken by weeds, and the lawn looks like a paddock ...........
But slowly slowly, don't want to overdo it LOL

Went to the gym today too, first time back in 7 weeks. Last went the day Elliot (grandson) was born and then the bugs hit. Was nice to be back there. Got to work off all the Australian icecreams and red wine LOL

Happy Birthday Rich!
Happy Anniversary to Bob and Mrs Bob too!

Hi Annie:)

einna
10-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi, Lulu.

Good day, evening, to you.
Freezing here.

Annie

mr sandbanx
10-31-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey Annie, have not seen you in a while. Hi Lulu.

Halloween is come and gone so now its all clear (with apologies to all my American friends) till Christmas.

This week I have to put together the Church newsletter. Most people in our church talk a lot about sending stuff to include, but it either never quite arrives on time, or I have to chase them for weeks. Today is deadline day, so if you hear a lot of crying tonight, it means my mailbox was empty.

Jmminy its November!!!

Emily is asleep and left me to watch over the halloween treats. Big mistake kid! I have a tummy ache...

Tonight is painting class so better get packed and ready to go. Not showing him anything this week other than a blank piece of paper. (probably not white enough!)

seeya all, have a great week

Chris

Christie
11-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Morning all!

Lulu, I feel for you! The children were out for Halloween and it was only about -4 C for them this year. The last few years have been, closer to -20 C, so they were happy campers.:D

Much candy has come into the house. That which was left is going into the office with my husband tomorrow. :evil:

Chris, we often run into the same thing at work. People often have grand intentions and no follow through when it comes to newsletters... Must admit to being guilty of that myself. I know my grandmother used to fill space in their church newsletter with information about different saints.:D I have the book she used to use if you need it...:D

Have to go to bed now. Katie has the day off school and we are off to interview a potential family doctor. Our old one has moved out of town...:(

Take care.

Roun2it
11-01-2004, 01:53 AM
Morning each

Well today’s the day I find out if the surgeon recommended by my normal surgeon will fit the 'new' type plastic knee cap. Chris seems to think that there will be some bargaining, she thinks he will want me to lose some weight. I think I will have to agree, this is the heaviest I have been. Living my sedentary lifestyle at the moment with knee and hip problems gives me good excuses to do nothing.

Lulu you talk about the gym, I've kept up my membership all year and have only been a dozen times. I must make a pledge to myself, and do it. So no matter what the surgeon says I will refire my interest in my old, aged body’s welfare.

Seems I behind again, having the grandkids all weekend meant no painting so no chairs put under the table here. Chris is off work and taking me to Manchester for my appointment so it will be lunch out, more Christmas shopping, and no painting today. :crying:

Sunday morning was great, I got the kids sloshing paint all over. I got the old student grade stuff out and they loved it. They threw salt and water and wrapped clingflim all over. I didnt let them draw, just splash about. Then when it was dry we cut the paper up and made cards for halloween. They loved it. (So did I)

A great tip for anyone wanting to do this, I only used a roll of high grade lining wallpaper. It was great for this purpose, it takes lots of water and the colours run around beautifully. Very little cost. It looked great when mounted on white card.

Lulu
11-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Lulu you talk about the gym, I've kept up my membership all year and have only been a dozen times. I must make a pledge to myself, and do it. So no matter what the surgeon says I will refire my interest in my old, aged body’s welfare.

Okay Kev........ a public commitment that I will keep you up to! :p Starting tomorrow? :evil:

Yorky
11-01-2004, 03:08 AM
Morning all :wave:

Mild autumn morning here, may do some gardening/pruning this morning. Raw sienna sky with the odd streak of cobalt blue.

Good luck with your appointment with the surgeon, Kev. Don't know who isn't overweight these days (Sandbanx and Lulu excepted ;) ). Got to admit though, last time I dieted I lost 2 stone and it made a tremendous difference to my energy levels.

May have to miss painting class today - we will be waiting in for a serviceman to fix our satellite system which is in the blink :rolleyes:

We only had a group of trick or treaters last evening - cost me 2 bananas :)

Have to book more accommodation this morning for our UK get together next September. The owners are on holiday and couldn't get a reply on their phone.

Bye for now, BBL,

Doug

laudesan
11-01-2004, 03:33 AM
(((Kev)))

Just about to dish up the Grandkiddies dinner, thought I'd pop in tho' to give you all Huggles..:)

madmum
11-01-2004, 03:38 AM
Morning everyone! :wave:

Sent the kids to school, first day after half-term, within 5 minutes they walked back through the door - school closed due to power cut or electrical problem :crying: Amy was supposed to start her mock GCSE's today. And I have the start of a cold, lots of sneezing and a fuzzy head. Great start to the week!

Moan over!

Happy birthday Rich!

Kev, thanks for the tip, I'll remember that one! Good luck with the surgeon, hope you hear what you want to hear!

We only had about 5 groups of trick or treaters last night, Katy went out with her friend (accompanied by Amy) in the area where she lives (more young families, most of our area is elderly people). She came home with a bag bulging with sweets, plus an apple and some money!

No hugs today, wouldn't want to spread the germs ;)

Ruth

Europa
11-01-2004, 04:39 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just a quick hello - busy day today - waving to all and sending hugs.

Uschi - when I researched the Vioxx debate I found that people were having heart attacks about 14 months after being prescribed it. Just been onto the doctors this morning - she can only find prescription from November 2001 but said she will trawl through my notes and ring me back - so will just have to wait and see.

Ok better make a move - BBL

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Kate Mc
11-01-2004, 04:54 AM
:wave: Good Morning!

Henry, Happy Samhain! :p

Pat, that's really scary about the Vioxx. You don't think of that sort of thing happening to you. Good luck with it!

and Kev, good luck with your knee. It's hard to keep the weight off when you can't be active. I have the same problem with my achilles tendons. I need to walk more, but if I walk, they tear.........poop! I love the image of the kids slinging paint everywhere.

Ruth, here's a big, germy hug (((((Ruth)))))

:envy: about the Trick-or-Treaters. We dont' get them here, and I really miss them.

I've been hermiting away painting up a storm. I just posted one in the gallery and I really need help with it. If you have a minute to stop by and give me your two cents worth, I'd appreciate it. Last night I didnt' think it was worth saving, but this morning it looks a little better, and now I have that paralysis that comes to me when they get to that "ugly" stage. So I need HELP!! It's here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227239)

Waving to AWHBH and AWAYTC :wave:

HAPPY MONDAY!

Kate

painterbear
11-01-2004, 05:04 AM
Good Morning all,

It is quarter to five here in Ohio, still dark and quiet except for all the noise I am making tap-tap-tapping on my keys.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RICH WILLIAMS!
and
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BOB and his DW May you both have many more wonderful years ahead to celebrate both these occasions.

Lulu, Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to even think about going to the gym and gardening. (Psst, you forgot to put the ***** in the title for the Daily Wash today ;) )

Kev, Hope you get good news from the doctor about your knee.

Ruth, We didn't get as many trick-or-treaters this year as in the past either. We talked with our neighbor who took his young kids around and he said a whole street a couple of blocks over from us really goes all out with decorations and lights and pumpkins, etc., and it was mobbed with throngs of kids (accompanied by parents). Guess it was too much trouble to come over to our street. Now we have a big bag of leftover candy. Lots of chocolate treats.

Pat, re egging. The rule in our little community is you turn your light over the door on if you welcome the kiddies. If the light isn't on, they know to pass the house by. It works very well and there are so many houses where they can get candy, they don't care if someone doesn't want them to visit. Interesting research you are doing on the possible Vioxx connection with your heart attack.

Chris, Sure sounds like you have a really "supportive" art instructor. LOL! I never take anything I am seriously working on to class to do. For some reason, the atmosphere isn't conducive to my concentrating. I might take a painting in to ask for advice about something, but then I put it away and work on it at home away from the "clamoring crowd."

Weaving "Hi" to Doug, Annie, and JJ and AWAYC!

We had a very nice luncheon visit and birthday celebration with our daughter, Kari, and her "friend" Mike. Thought back on the day she was born and realized it was exactly like yesterday. I went in the hospital on the evening before and she was born at 6:00 a.m. on Halloween Day—just like yesterday!

Today in my art class we are supposed to bring in a prepared paper to paint, complete with drawing. We will put into practice what we have learned and try to turn out a complete painting (or as close to complete as we can) in two hours. We'll see. I have to go look at My Favorites file in the Image Library and find something I think I can do quickly.

Off to check out the Gallery now.

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
11-01-2004, 05:12 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICH !! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/22284-23703-birth.gif

HAPPY ANNIVERARY BOB !! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/22284-drinks03.gif

This pic is from the Butterfly House/Enclosure at Sentosa, Singapore..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/22284-Waterfall_at_sentosa_bfly_house.jpg

View from Cable Car between Singapore and Sentosa Island..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/22284-View_fromm_cable_caropt.jpg

billythekid
11-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Best wishes for Rich and Bob !
Still unusually mild here for November !
Nice day to all of you.

yahooserious
11-01-2004, 06:36 AM
Ohhh, JJ....I saw that cable car, but David wouldn't ride in it!! :mad: So we went to Raffles Hotel instead and I spent lots of money in the gift shop!! :D Also made him take me to Arab Street and spent lots there also... :p I can't believe your trip is over already!! Seems like yesterday you were having problems with reservations in Paris or London!!

Good morning, all. Lots of new faces here since last July...Very nice to see you all...

Drove around Austin a little yesterday. Took a picture of an Austin landmark, The Broken Spoke, a honkey-tonk Willie has played many times. Ufortunately, I didn't have my camera set correctly, so will have to try again. :rolleyes:

During the worst of my illness, I drove around rural Texas a lot. Found several great subjects for refrence photos and will go back with my camera at the best lighting time and then will post in the ref library... It's amazing how much cotton Williamson County grows!! I had no idea, but there are unbelieveable amounts of cotton waiting for the brokers to have trucked to their warehouses.. Looks like huge loaves of very white bread with colorful tops (plastic coverings)!!

Later, Hugs and BSAKs to all

Emilie

laudesan
11-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Emilie we went to Raffles too.. :D Had an awesome time..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/22284-singapore_sling_opt.jpg

Looking forward to your photos'.. So glad you are feeling much better.. ((((()))))

I am off to bed.. **yawn** 9.45pm here. Got to get up early to get Reece ready for school..

See ya later..:)

painterbear
11-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Popping back in before waking DH up for breakfast. Nothing exotic, just cereal and bananas this morning. ;)

Wanted to say "Hi" to Emilie and welcome back. I'm so glad to see you here, it must mean you are feeling at least a little bit better. Way to go, hope your illness is all in the past.

JJ,
Your photos are wonderful. You really get terrific color. Love the view from the cablecar.

SYL,

Sylvia

jaytee
11-01-2004, 07:02 AM
HI. still not strated this weeks challenge..... due in tonite........ so just popping in briefly.......... to say

HAPPY BURFDAY RICH,
Happy Anniversary BOB & DW.
Happy Return to the Daily Wash Emilie :)
Poor Madmum sniffles
Poor kevs knee
Worried for vioxx takers
Lulu and JJ and daily wash back to normal at last :D

better health and happiness to you all. you all deserve it........... just for being you....... so heres a few of these to give yourselves ;) ( thanks Kate)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/21440-22284-23460-goldstar2.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/21440-22284-23460-goldstar2.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/21440-22284-23460-goldstar2.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/21440-22284-23460-goldstar2.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/21440-22284-23460-goldstar2.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/21440-22284-23460-goldstar2.gif

djdedman
11-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Good Morning Washuns
Happy Birthday Rich and a Happy Anniversary Bob and your missus.
Lulu, you have more energy than me. LOL
Annie, send some of the cooler weather down this way.
Chris, we had quite a few kids this year, they were adorable in their costumes.
Christie, hope you are feeling better
Kev, wishing you nothing but good news at your Drs appt. today.
Doug, don't you just love satellite?
JJ, What joy seeing you here this morning ((((())))))
Ruth, feel better soon (((()))))
Pat, hope you receive good news from your Dr
Kate, noticed you are living in Belgium, how long will you be there or is it permanent?
Sylvia, Has the cooler weather started there yet? I miss seeing the change of seasons. All those pretty leaves. :crying:
Emile, I'm sure the drive in rural area was lovely and peaceful.

Everyone have a great day! Hopefully I'll get a little cleaning done today. Can hardly believe how close the holidays are.Went to a grand opening of a new store yesterday called Home Goods. Was so packed with people you couldn't really see anything. Beautiful store from what I could see.
Keep a close friend of mine in your thoughts, she fell going down steps to take a shower in Roman Tub. In hospital, guess they are going to do surgery today, messed up her back up bad, she is in her 60s, her name is Virginia.
Until Later, lots of sunshine to you all.
Hugs
Jackie

droll13
11-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Good morning all. I'm still messed up by the time change - wide awake at 3:30 AM.

Despite the early hour, TMTRTI.

Regarding wieght, a few months ago I decided I wanted to shed a few pounds. (I'm about 5'7" and at that time weighed nearly 160 lbs. I wanted to get down to 145.) I guess I overdid it, because withing 6 weeks I was all the way down to less than 130 - too much weight lost too quickly. SInce then I've slowly gained some back and I'm now almost exactly where I want to be.

People asked me how I lost so much weight. It's amazing what cutting out fast food will do. I used to have fast food meals at least 20 times a month; now no more than 2 times a month.

I'm making my final decisions in preparation for voting. Not just the presidential election, but the many state and local offices and propositions.

On that note, I guess I'd better stop before I get myself in trouble. (But please notice that I was quite careful to neither praise or criticize individual politicians or parties - I didn't even name any. I hope that restraint spares me a slap on the wrist for being political in the Wash.)

Have a good day.

Europa
11-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Just nipped in to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICH!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BOB AND DW!!

Oh and Welcome Back Dominic (forgot to say that before - oops!)

Hugs for Virginia ((((((())))))

Later folks - work calls.

Pat xxx

Uschi
11-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Gray sky but supposed to get sunny breaks later.

Happy Birthday Rich!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you a wonderful day and many, many returns so you can paint many, many more of those gorgeous paintings of yours!!! :D

Already congratulated Bob on 24 years of marriage yesterday but worth repeating HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Bob and Wife!!!!

Lulu, I am so glad you are feeling well again, you certainly looked well on top of tht camel!! :D

Kev, I feel for you, it's a perpetuating problem - hurts to walk - don't exercise - gain weight, bloodpressure rises etc.etc. I hope you will get what you need!!!

Doug, two stones, that's a lot - if I remember rightly a stone is 14 lbs, right????

JJ - soo nice to have you back on our regular wash!!! Wonderful photos!!!

Poor Ruth - you were soo looking forward to your freedom to paint, well, probably wouldn't have done much painting with the start of a cold anyway :crying: :music: Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you are only a day away :music: :D

Emilie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How wonderful to see you here on the wash, really hope this is a very positive sign!!!!

Jackie - sorry about your friend, sending positive energy!!

Char is probably on her way to the airport with Thibout - there will be sadness :crying: :crying: (((((((Char)))))))))

Waving and sending good thoughts to each and every one of you!!!!!
Uschi

CharM
11-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Good morning Washers... The sun is brightly shining in SW Ontario this morning... It's so good to see shadows and sparkling highlights... I don't expect it to last long, though... It's raining in Chicago and we usually get their weather within 4-6 hours... bummer...

Yesterday was so busy and so much fun... We got Thibaut's laundry finished and his bags packed... We filled Treat Bags... We carved pumpkins... We roasted pumpkin seeds and made apple cinnamon bread... We watched Gothika the movie (scary stuff)... The boys dressed for Hallowe'en...

Thibaut the Artist:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/20514-Hallow1.jpg

Magoo's Pumpkin:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/20514-Hallow2.jpg

All Dressed Up:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/20514-Hallow3.jpg

A very Happy Birthday to Rich!!!

A very Happy Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. BobH!!!!!!

Welcome back, Emilie!!! Gosh, I do hope your visit here means that you're feeling much, much better!

Good luck with your Dr. Appointment, Kev...

Pat... do you think that your heart troubles could be the result of taking vioxx??? OhMyGosh!!!

...sending healing vibes to Virginia...

:wave: to everyone!!! Good thoughts and positive energy beaming to all...

Christie
11-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Happy Birthday Rich!!! :clap:

CharM
11-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Uschi... we x-posted... we don't have to leave until 10ish...

I've been trying very hard to keep my composure... All the kids come and go so much... and I say goodbye so many times... you'd think that I would be good at it by now... well... I'm not... I'll never be good at it...

So... you're right... as long as I can keep barking orders to everyone... keep busy and don't think about it, I'm fine...

Otherwise... :crying: :crying: :crying:

He's become one of my boys... :(

Little Old Lady
11-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Greetings :wave:
so many things going on!
Happy Birthday Rich and belated Anniversary wishes to Bob and wife!
Hope all goes well Kev.
One loawyers ad here says that Vioxx can cause stroke, heart attacks and death and if you suffered any of these call them. Wonder how many calls they get from the beyond.
Emilie so good to see you back. Have you finally solved health problems?
Char hugs and a kleenex for the tears!
Finshing one newsletter and starting another one and Support group this aft!
Have a good one!
JoAnn

artmom
11-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Happy Birthday, Rich!

Congratulations, Bob and DW! May you have many more happy years together!

(((Kev))), it's not my knees (yet) but with my long list of disabling conditions, I fight the weight battle,too. While I was working and active, I was able to keep it within reason, but the last couple of years have really been difficult. Good luck at the doctor!

(((((Emilie))))), great to have you back in the WASH! Sounds as if you are getter better every day!

(((Ruth))), hope your sniffles go away and you can get to paint!!

(((((Char-Sis))))) yes, they do become "one of our boys" don't they? After 25 years, we are still in touch with Yoshi (Japanese) and Leonel (Guatemalan--now an American citizen) I'll shed a tear for you, too. :crying:

:wave: to everyone else.

I hope to paint today--but the house is a mess. Have to get it ready for the housekeepers tomorrow! :rolleyes: I know, I know, but you have to have room for the vacuum cleaner to move and the surfaces you want dusted have to be fairly clear!!! LOL I just have them every two weeks and I canceled them last time, so it really needs it!

Alex and a friend came by last night, both dressed as black cats! They looked soooo cute--but we forgot to take photos! :( BTW, thanks to those who have stopped by the Alex thread!!

Well, time for a cuppa'!

Hope the virtual Medical Rooms empty out soon.

May your today be better than your tomorrow.

Lyn

Uschi
11-01-2004, 10:26 AM
DEPRESSION, DEPRESSION!!! :eek: :D

You are right Pat, did some more reading! The depressing part is that it also might be true for the other anti inflametories called Coxibs i.e.

"Coxib Heart Alert:

While Celebrex and Bextra appear to be safer than Vioxx, the truth is that no one knows for sure how safe either of these other coxibs are if they are taken for long periods of time by persons with a higher risk for heart disease. Nor is it likely that there will be any definitive answer with respect to this potential concern for several years. "

Tht's because they don't know what part of the Coxibs is causing the problems in the first place. Vioxx became so popular because it had less of the other side effects that Celebrex has.

Very depressing, because now what? There comes a point in arthritis where things like Tylanol etc. no matter how strong, simply don't do a darn thing and it's just too paintful to walk.

Oh well, pity party over, I'll just have to sit more - and paint more :rolleyes: :D

Char, I was going to suggest for you to drop in on your way home but I"ll be at the doctor talking about Vioxx and Celebrex :confused: :D
Uschi

pampe
11-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Monday Mumblings

Didn't sleep well......you don't think it might have been all that chox I had before bed?

:evil: NAW :evil:

So I am off to a slow start...got Abbey out and made a cuppa.....prolly won't swim

VIOXX......Celebrex, Bextra, etc

BE VERY CAREFUL and READ ALL the literature

As a Nurse and RA consumer......be advised...Pat,.,...do pursue your search and by all means STOP taking it

Off to start a fire...we have SUN SUN SUN but are under a WINTER STORM WARNING this afternoon...6-8 inches....UFFTAH

Have a good day and stay in peace

Pam

yahooserious
11-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Ummmm....I was taking Vioxx... Worked the best for my arthritic back..Threw it all down the disposal when I heard about the situation. Too much discomfort, started Bextra. I stay as informed as possible.. What to do??

Thanks for the welcome back, folks. Things are definitely better and Dr. Pooky is wonderful!! It is amazing what anxiety and stress can do to the body. I had no idea that wreck with the 18-wheeler had done such a number on my mind.. We are looking for counseling and I'm looking for relaxation and stress management on the side. Don't want to just turn this over to a medication. I don't think that would be wise.

JJ.. I haven't yet seen the whole thread, but your adventures are wonderful. Wish I could have been along. I can't wait to meet other WC!ers.

Later, guys...

Glad I no longer have to wonder about MacDuff.. :D

Emilie

mustcreate
11-01-2004, 12:09 PM
happy monday!!

happy birthday Rich!!

happy anniversary Bob!!

very disappointing turn out last night for trick'or'treaters.....less than 30. we've been in this house 10 years and I don't recall fewer than 100 ever....and it's definitely been colder and snowier in past years. :( now we have way too many left overs. good thing I hit the treadmill this morning for the first time in 2 weeks.

very strange....I was painting at 8 am this morning. I normally can't paint much before 10 am. this is a very good thing!!

rested most of the weekend.....I am almost over my cold. :)

lol @ Dave....nice dodge of the finger wagging ;)

JoAnn - your to the point observations always make me smile :)

take care

be creative!!

em

BobH
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
We only had 3 trick or treaters last night. Very disappointing :crying: .

Thank you for all your good wishes on our anniversary. And of course we'll have many more years together, we're only 34!! :D

Ellen in Ont
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM
:wave: to everyone,
I just got up after working nights so I am a little groggy. My DH manned the door last night and tells me we had about 70 kids last night. This is about average for us. Hallowe'en is his specialty and he has to clean up all the decorations today. Time for him to start putting up the Xmas lights before it gets too cold out. Xmas is my favourite time. :D
Just checking in briefly before I go upstairs to paint. I would like to get my painting finished today (about 4 hours work left I think) because painting class is tomorrow. I have never spent this much time on one painting before.
No time to reply to everyone so wishing everyone the very best. Off for a quick peek in the gallery first. :)

Europa
11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Well I got a call from the doctors - seemed I had been prescribed it in 2001 about a year after my heart attack - oh poop!!! - there goes the world tour......LOL.

Since that time I did used to get palpitations during the night but the wierd thing is with having a heart attack is that at first the slightest twinge gets you worried - then as time goes on you think - oh maybe its just a twinge then you lie there thinking if I keep calm it will go away - and I dont want to keep rushing off to the hospital every five mins.

To be honest one of the main symptons I read about heart attacks is an impending feeling of doom - but I haven't had one of those since (well not till I met Andy - Kev and Joe :evil: )

I did stop taking Vioxx when I was notified - in fact I don't take anything now - it really didnt work all that well when I was taking the Vioxx and am so used to the pain I just ignore it - and as I told Judy on the phone - lager is a great anaesthetic.....LOL.

Well off to cook tea - catch you later.

Oh and welcome back Emilie :wave:

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!

Pat xxx

Rich Williams
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Thank you all for the greetings and well wishes.Hope all goes well with you all, and I think I will treat myself and not cook tonight..... Will go out and have someone cook for me instead.
Happy aniversary to Bob and Mrs Bob.

Rich

Lulu
11-01-2004, 03:54 PM
((((Char)))) I'm :crying: just thinking about you saying goodbye!

JudyL
11-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi there, all this talk about arthritis, reminded me of my Mother, who got upset with her doctor when she told Mom, she did NOT have a stroke, she had arthritis, and to take glucosimine and condroitin. At least glucosimine. Said to take it for 30 days, if it helped, to go to Costco and buy a big bottle of the stuff. If it didn't oh well.
I've been out of touch for awhile, so probably have missed out on lots of stuff.
JJ, what was the name of the hotel you stayed at in Paris?
We did hear from SIL and BIL, they are planning on coming over next summer again. They want to see Germany, Prague and Poland and maybe some of the Netherlands. And this time Brugge, last time we went to Paris, Normandy, Edinburgh and York. We missed Brugge cause I ended up in the hospital. It is the one place I really want to see. Some how it feels as if I am destined not to see it.
We had no trick or treaters, kind of sad but that's ok with me. It got spoiled for me when we were in the Azores. The people were so poor, they would mob the house, young and old. Scary, we would go out those nights.
We did go to a party, where we were forced to dress up, Jack borrowed the chef's outfit from Lawrence, and I went as an artist, of course (the MOST comfortable anyway.
OH have you ever had a drink that is a combination of a white, coconut rum and Bailys Irish cream? oooooooooo

JudyL

laudesan
11-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Judy it was The Belfast Hotel..

((((((((CHAR)))))))) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2004/22284-hug.gif I saved that pic of the boys in their costumes.. Thankyou.. :)

HUGE hUGGLES EVERYONE.

Got to get Reece ready for school.. :D His mum is picking him up very soon..

bbl

Flattwo
11-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Many happy returns Rich! hope you enjoy your meal!

Hnety

Christie
11-01-2004, 09:11 PM
So, here is a story to make you laugh... George comes home from school today. His feet are dragging, his face is sad and his whole attitude is depressed. Of course, I needed to know what the problem was.... I asked and he turned into the corner, his shoulders shaking. Getting truly concerned, I asked again what had happened. His shoulders continued to shake, so I took him in my arms and gave him a big hug. By this time, I was really feeling sorry for him (I was also very sure that he was truly upset!). As I cuddled him I could feel his whole body shaking.... It was then I realized that the little brat was laughing!

He had decided to trick me and I fell for it hook line and sinker! No phone calls from the teachers, so I guess he really was joking. Brat!:D

laudesan
11-01-2004, 09:43 PM
So, here is a story to make you laugh... George comes home from school today. His feet are dragging, his face is sad and his whole attitude is depressed. Of course, I needed to know what the problem was.... I asked and he turned into the corner, his shoulders shaking. Getting truly concerned, I asked again what had happened. His shoulders continued to shake, so I took him in my arms and gave him a big hug. By this time, I was really feeling sorry for him (I was also very sure that he was truly upset!). As I cuddled him I could feel his whole body shaking.... It was then I realized that the little brat was laughing!

He had decided to trick me and I fell for it hook line and sinker! No phone calls from the teachers, so I guess he really was joking. Brat!:D

:D:D :wave: George.. :cat:

djdedman
11-01-2004, 11:00 PM
This morning I mentioned about a friend of mine. Just thought I would let you know she just now came out of recovery from the back surgery. Her husband said the surgery went well.
The reason she just now came out of recovery is because earlier this morning or last night she was rushed to ICU.
Learned she almost went into a coma, because they had gave her too much pain medicine.
Scares you about going into the hospital anymore. But what is the saying, all's well that ends well.
Once again to those who wished her well, thank you.
Getting ready for bed , so will say good night for now.
Jackie