PDA

View Full Version : "The Heartland" WIP

jbitzel
10-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, I just wanted to get comments on this, it is for a christmas present so I am kinda commissioned as I charged them for materials. :clap: James

damar
10-30-2004, 07:47 PM
OH COOL! John Deere Green! Looks great already!
I've been wanting to paint a Farmall Little A for DH (like his Dad had).
You'll surely have fun with this one! :)

damar
10-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Did you modify the tractor for dual rear wheels? :cool:

jbitzel
10-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Did you modify the tractor for dual rear wheels? :cool:

yes, I made adjustments for the dual wheels and the weights on the front. The unfortunate part is I still have to put a driver in. James :wave:

damar
10-30-2004, 08:52 PM
yes, I made adjustments for the dual wheels and the weights on the front. The unfortunate part is I still have to put a driver in. James :wave:
Oh gee...you may want to rough in that driver before taking that cab too far!
Does the driver have to resemble a person in particular? (you can do it :) )
Whatcha using for a "go-by" for the driver?
I can't find DH's photo of the Little A. I do have an old pic of our then baby/toddler daughter sitting in the front end loader of an old Ford Jubilee (tankin' on her baa-baa) LOL. (the bucket was sitting on the ground and looked to her like a nice shady spot) :)
I finished my last painting and can't decide on what to do next. That is always a big hurdle for me. :rolleyes:

jbitzel
10-30-2004, 09:36 PM
well i have a pic of the person standing next to... so i can get the scale good. :wave: thanks

Bertoni
10-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Nice sky and clouds...the John Deere painting will look great once the person is in there!! :clap:

TxAggieDarlin
10-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi..

I think you have a wonderful beginning on this...I have a brother who would love a picture like this...look forward to seeing it completed. :cat:

jbitzel
11-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey, I have more updates. The lighting sucks in the pic so just compare the colors to the previous photo. :wave: James

damar
11-07-2004, 02:46 AM
:clap: Wow! James, this came out great! I can almost hear the pttt pttt pttt pttt!!!
Cool looking sky--trademark colors: right-on
And I like how you handled the driver in the cab...the dualies look good too.
Whomever this is for --- they're gonna love it!!!! :)

Mark Newton
11-07-2004, 04:36 AM
Way to go James,. it's working out a treat. You've done an awesome job creating a realistic piece of work...keep at it & good luck with it...you've got patience and that is one all important component under the belt.

Cheers from Ozzie land

connievanwinssen
11-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Your tractor has double tires, unlike the photo. Now the cabin looks too small somehow. or maybe just the thing that hangs over the tires. Also the second tire seems to be smaller on top than on the bottom. That looks kinda strange. I hope you take no offence.

connievanwinssen
11-07-2004, 05:08 AM
On the photo the cabin is almost as high as the front (what is it) pipe. Your cabin is much lower. I don't want to be critical, but if it was mine, I would want it to look as good as possible. :)

jbitzel
11-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Your tractor has double tires, unlike the photo. Now the cabin looks too small somehow. or maybe just the thing that hangs over the tires. Also the second tire seems to be smaller on top than on the bottom. That looks kinda strange. I hope you take no offence.

no offense taken... There are a couple of changes that were made for customization to the client. For instance the dualies and the weights on the front. The tires and cab were made to look fatter and more masculine, the photo is also taken with a wide angle lens so I believe the false apperance of hight is misleading. Remember no one will be able to see the refrence when it's finished. Thanks for the input... James :wave: