PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash - Saturday 30th Oct 2004 ***

Roun2it
10-30-2004, 02:56 AM
Morning each

Grandkids coming to stay for the weekend, so must notch up the energy levels :wink2:

Cathie, you wanted to know about the W/N paper, I don't know that much about it, only that I have used it 3 times now and its great. It rarely cockles even when really wet, and colours lift readily. I was very impressed. Uschi raves about it. I think others here have recommended it. As for comparison with Arches I can't, I haven't used it. BTW how did you get along with the Trudy Friend Drawing Problems book?

droll13
10-30-2004, 04:00 AM
Where is everyone? I've never been this high up in the wash.

Hi Kev, and to AWAYTC.

Yorky
10-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Morning Kev, Dave and AWAYTC :wave:

Up late this morning - why do you always feel tired after a holiday :confused:

Feeling a Little dizzy this morning - it happens occasionally - must be something to do with blood pressure :rolleyes:

Well, how is everyone? How is the knee, Kev? How is Otter getting along has she made it into the basement to pain yet? It's amazing how you miss the daily lives of washies when you are away. We had a lovely visit to Herefordshire and were blessed with fine weather. I'll download some photos when I have had breakfast.

To think of it - I am a bit peckish - became accustomed to full 3 course breakfast at the hotel including porridge, full grill, and toast and marmalade. Bet I have put on a couple of pounds ;)

So BBL,

Doug

amaze_1101
10-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Hi washermates

Kev have fun with the grandies. Bet you'll need a holiday after they go, BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE 'cos you have a Challenge to work on! The table and Chairs won't paint themselves ya know! lol :D

Yorky Dizzy spells after that holoiday diet doesn't sound great to me. Take it easy and straighten yourself out. :wave:

I'm feeling really quite satisfied with my painting efforts today. Did some grapes and after three seperate near-misses at the rubbish bin I'm pleased with how they eventually turned out. I'm going to frame this one. Just goes to show one should never give up too soon. :)

Almost bed time here. Have a nice day folks. :wave:

Johnnie
10-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Hi all

Well we had a tremendous thunder storm last night..Rained cats and dogs too... Lots of noise... 9 Cel here right now and wet.. Not even good for ducks..lol

Not much else new.. I have a boring life as you all can tell. Mama has to work today and we get ready to watch grandkids to their "Trick&Treatin" they sure are funny.

Local kids here near Hamilton are raising a stir with the media as they are going dressed up like the terrorists who are doing the beheadings.. They even have a cut off head as part of their costume.. Isnt it sad that parents would allow this.. Talk media here in the area are having a field day with this one.. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out..
I think they should spank the parents butts for allowing this to happen. Terrible just terrible...

Have a great day all...

Johnnie

Europa
10-30-2004, 06:32 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Feeling a bit muzzyheaded today - don't know why - mind you I didnt sleep so good last night for some reason - oh well am sure I will perk up a bit soon.....lol.

Kev - have fun with the grandkids!! - and watch that knee.

Doug - glad you had a good time - looking forward to seeing the pics

Elaine - sleep tight!

Johnnie - well like you I am absolutely appalled - you are so right - how could decent parents allow their children to dress up like that - they should be held totally responsible.

Well have finished my Challenge painting - woohoooooo - oh and am posting a photo of MACDUFF just in case anyone missed him in the Ogden Nash thread - so here is Arthur McWhyte Macduff!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/29499-Macduff.jpg

Sooooo now you know who's leading me.......lol.

BBL - love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

RogerPf
10-30-2004, 06:47 AM
I have at last finished decorating the bathroom :) :) so I should now be able to find some time to paint here is a before and after - we had builders in last week who ripped out the old and put in new.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/16465-before.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/16465-after.jpg

(It's also the only bath/shower in the house so I was very pleased when they finished)

[FX - Roger reaching for his brushes]

--
Roger Pf

painterbear
10-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Good Morning all,

It is quarter to 7 in the a.m. here in Ohio. We had a ferocious rainburst around 6:00 a.m. but it only lasted about 6 minutes. Our temps here the last few days have been really unseasonably warm—73°F Thursday, 76°F Friday (@22°C). Last night I had to take the blanket off the bed and just sleep with a sheet because it was so warm! Amazing!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHRISTIE!
Hope you have a wonderful day for your celebration and a terrific year ahead in which you paint and draw as often and as well as you like!

Kev,
Have fun with the grandkids. Bet you'll be ready for a rest on Monday. LOL!

Doug,
Looks like your are going to have to settle back into the routine of your daily life after living the life of luxury for the last week. Hope you catch up on what's been happening around here soon. We missed seeing you here too.

Johnnie, How awful that the kids would think that was funny and that their parents would allow them to do it. Some people are born with sawdust in their heads instead of brains. Tonight is our trick or treat night here, I'm looking forward to it because it is such fun to see the little ones in their dressup costumes and I even enjoy the highschoolers who take the time to come up with a costume.

Pat, I'm disillusioned. For some reason I always pictured MacDuff as a bulldog (a la Churchill-type dog) and here he is a beautiful, white, fluffy teddy bear wearing plaid. You old softee you! ;)

Roger, Your new bathroom looks so sparkly white and clean! The old one didn't look bad, but I can imagine pink might not be the best color to live with all the time—although it is supposed to be very soothing. There was a sheriff in one of our western states that had the holding cells in the jail painted pink because he had read it had a soothing psychological effect on violent people. Bet the drunks loved it. LOL! What an interesting way to take a photo of the entire room in one go. How did you manage that? Hang a mirror on the ceiling?

Finished my first batch of pages from my new Math book I'm proofing. This was more fun because it was the first edit and proofing so I had lots of opportunities to use my green marking pen. :evil: A lot of what I do is look for consistency in following the book's style from page to page and making sure it stays the same. I'm getting a good review of basic math facts and techniques at the same time. (Which I need, :cool: :rolleyes: )

Our oldest daughter, Kari, and her significant other, Mike, are coming for a celebration luncheon tomorrow in honor of Kari's birthday. I'll be doing a lot of getting ready for that today so I won't be rushing around tomorrow and can play the relaxed, gracious hostess. We'll be having a Greek-themed lunch starting with tomato, cucumber, olive, and feta salad; grilled, marinated pork tenderloin; roasted potato wedges with rosemary; and fudge marble cake with chocolate icing for dessert (birthday girl's request) instead of baklava! Remember that song from Fiddler on the Roof that goes :music: Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset, swiftly go the days.... :music:— that's how I feel whenever my kids have a birthday lately. She was just a chubby little toddler yesterday and now she is 40 years old! How did that happen, I'm not getting any older, how is she? LOL! :rolleyes: I'm going to go back and read Kev's elephant poem again.

Anita, I read about your disappointment with your first couple of days on the job at Wright-Patt Hospital in yesterday's Wash but didn't have the time to come back in yesterday. With the testing, etc., it sounds as if they might be assessing where the best place to use the newly hired workers' talents might be. It is such a huge hospital and there are so many different sections and specialty areas in it. Are you working for the Air Force or for one of the civilian contract firms that are there now? Anyway, hope your second week is better once you get an assigned job location and meet the people you'll be working with regularly.

Weaving :wave: to Elaine and Dave and AWAYTC!

Hope all who are in the Recovery Room are feeling better today.

Off to see the Gallery now.

SYL,

Sylvia

mr sandbanx
10-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Pat, I'm disillusioned.....

Oh. Dissension on the team already...LOL Kevin you better straighten this out! Looks like between managing grandkids, and keeping your wing commander from going to to toe with masseuse will keep you busy. I had a go at W/N paper and actually hated it. Maybe will try again. To now I am only using Arches.

Morning all,

Sylvia: Your lunch plans remind me: gotta go se what KATINHAT is painting today!

All this painting has wiped me out. Fell unconcious last night before 11, which is tree hours before my normal bed time! Missed the thunderstorms Johnny, but I am sure they came by, everything here is quite wet. I suspect today will be a day to rake leaves.

Doug its great to see you back, not quite the same here without you. Get some rest, Elaine is right.

So you should frame that painting Elaine, its terrific and you should be thrilled with it.

Roger: nice job you had done. Look great. But what were you doing to get that picture???

Dave: Looks like the regular starters were having the day off!

Pat: thanks for letting MacDuff come and visit. Maybe he can be the WC mascot?

Ok so its VOLSand South Carolina at 12.30. I think our Badgers have a bye this week. So we can focus on Tennesse.

Chris

RogerPf
10-30-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm not too hot at responding in the wash. :( I really don't know you are all so prolific. :)

Sylvia & Chris - the before and after photos of the bathroom are taken with a fish-eye lens on a 35mm digital camera. If you want to see more there is this thread I posted over in photography

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224471

or see the last few pictures from this Watercolor thread

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225955

It's a great 'fun' lens and this is about its most practical use. I.e. photographing small rooms by holding the camera above your head and pointing the lens down :)

--
Roger Pf

artmom
10-30-2004, 09:04 AM
:wave: everyone! Happy Birthday, Christie!

The sky is blue with puffy white clouds and sunshine!! That is such a rarity around this part of the country this summer and fall. However, we have the same warmer than usual temps that Sylvia was talking about.

Today is Alex's equestrian event day. She asked that I attend, but there is no way to get the wheelchair near the action. :( She is so tiny and those horses are soooo big! DH will do the honors today, and take lots of photos. Alex has graduated from the smallest horse to a larger one this year and she has learned to canter. Oh, to be 7 years old and fearless again! :D
Her daddy leaves tomorrow for his new assignment. Her mother has chosen not to accompany him. Hopefully, she will change her mind later. Families should be together.

As most of the family will be at the horse farm, I don't know who'll watch the VOLS vs South Carolina Gamecocks game with me today. The diehards will have a radio and a tiny TV with them at the riding event! :eek:

Erin (vestalqueen) is still experiencing a lot of pain with her broken wrist. Please send healing thoughts her way!

I hope to paint today.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Off for a cuppa'.

BBL

Lyn

droll13
10-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Happy Birthday, Christie !!!

Faafil
10-30-2004, 09:23 AM
'morning all :wave:

6:00 here, so still dark, but promises to be a nice day. The rains are gone for now, and by Tuesday it is supposed to be 80 degrees! :eek: I was rather enjoying the cooler weather... DH is happy for the good weather as he and his son Scott are playing golf today.. :) It was cute last night "did I remember to tell you I was playing golf on Saturday?" "No, but GO, have fun, I'm going to PAINT!" :D

Johnnie - I'm with you - I'm appalled !! It's sickening to think that the parents are allowing it, and that the kids think it's funny. To make light of something so horrifying is simply disgusting.

I think our Trick or Treat night is tomorrow evening. I've noticed that since 9/11 that there are fewer kids out on Halloween in our neighbohood. I used to get almost 200 every year, (sometimes ran out of candy and DH had to run to the store) and last year it was less than 40. DH & I used to go all out decorating the house, playing spooky music, etc. We'd even dress up and 'scare' the kids when we opened the door, but it's hardly worth the effort now.. :( I make up for it at Christmas with decorations tho :D

Happy Birthday Christie!!!

Glad you had a good holiday Doug. I love those full English breakfasts :) but it's not usual for me either to have such a big meal in the morning either. Usually just an instant oatmeal and a piece of fruit. Hope you're feeling back to your old self soon !

Have fun with the grandkids Kev!

Dave, I was wondering the same thing - seems as if yesterday's wash fizzled earlier too... (and need to go out and photograph a hydrant for JJ) :D

Syl, that meal sounds deeeelish!! ('cept my choice is chocolate cake/choc fudge frosting) :D

Weaving :wave: to Pat, Roger, Chris, Anita, and AWAYTC...

Will check back in later - I need a 2nd coffee to wake myself up...

Sending 11 hugs...

BBL

ML

Lia-Chan
10-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Hey folks! :wave: :wave: :wave: It's been a long time since the last time i wrote here , isn't it? Well,classes at UEPA has begun again, so i lost most of my free time , and i've been trying to learn how to make 3d stuff on the computer , so i hadn't much time... How things going with everyone? I'm really fine , and i had my old hd back ,so i can post a little photo here :)... The prettiest girl you've ever seen :wink2: with her old father . This was taken at the vacations in Fortaleza, we were at the beach in this photo, but not facing the sea.

Bye people....

PS: I've finished my bus stop project , and it looked quite good, even though it wasn't a big work of art ... I hope i'll get a good grade :) And the love of my teacher , of course, otherwise how can i get a good job in the future?

Cathie Jones
10-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Good morning Washeroonies! It's another beautiful day in the Mojave Desert - 36F at 7:00 a.m. and supposed to warm up to 70F later.

Here's a pic of the sun coming up over the mountains between us and the big cities of Southern California - complete with 2-day-old snow:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/23460-Morning__103004.jpg

Kev, thanks for the words about W&N. Hope I like it - I ordered 5 full sheets. Maybe I'll be able to paint as well as you and Ushie now, ya think??

Doug - You could be dizzy because you're so far up in the Wash - it's the altitude!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/23460-birthday_cake_confetti.gif Happy Birthday Christie!

Little Old Lady
10-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Greetings :wave:
Lynn I will be joining you rooting for the Vols. the Badgers do have an off week. My 2 granddaughters were horse people but they started a little older.I now have horse farm and arena nest door.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/7714-arena.jpg
The big whit building is the arena. The stables to the left. They have also built a house for the caretaker. The horse is supposed to arrive on Monday. It is nice to have a lot of money. He is the one who wants to buy my property.
Sylvia you always make me hungry! What a great meal.
CRS but did read all and have a good whatever!
JoAnn

Christie
10-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I am planning a day of drawing/painting and not much else.:) My mum has invited us to dinner tonight, so I don't even have to cook. :clap:

McDuff is lovely Pat! I am sure that he leads you in a most soft and gentle way.

Doug, hope that the dizzies go away soon.

The kids just made me breakfast, so I'll be back later.

Take care.

ScarletLake
10-30-2004, 11:41 AM
HI everyone

Sure have missed being able to get on computer throughout the day & read the wash.

Thanks for all your encouragement on the new job.

Friday was better. I finally got to actually go to my work area. I was shocked. I have my own office. Their will be 1 RN & 2 LPN's + 4 administrative people. Next week I will be learning some things. I got to talk with the RN & have lunch with her & she said Don't get to frustrated, Hang in there with us.

I also got to meet some of the coworkers. They seemed very nice.

So I felt somewhat better.

Went to a girlfriends last night after work. I have gotten her into watercolors.
We painted together for about 2 hours. I think we're gonna make that a regular thing.

Finished a small pumpkin painting. Will be cleaning house today & then about 3 o'clock going downtonw to paint at the Hotel Gallery.

Everyone have a good day

Anita

Nacre
10-30-2004, 11:42 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/28847-29499-bdaybomb.gif Christie .... Have a wonderful Birthday :wave:

Christie
10-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Auntie P, I cannot tell you how much you made me laugh with your graphic!:D Actually, it was George's reaction to it that was so funny. He was very puzzled about someone sending a bomb to me... until it exploded.:D

artmom
10-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Neat pics on here.

JoAnn, thanks! The VOLS need all the help we can get! :D I'll show Alex the horse farm picture--she wants to own one when she makes her million with modeling! :wink2:

Anita, hang in there--government does move slowly, but the benefits and usually the people are great--Go, Air Force!! LOL

Time to turn on the TV and mellow out while watching the game--I think I'm alone today!

Lyn

Europa
10-30-2004, 12:15 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIE!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/29499-cak.gif

Well DS asked me did I want a ride out to B & Q with him while he picked up some shelving for his room - I was rather suspicious as last time he did this it cost me money.....lol. He assured me that he had money - which he did and he paid for the stuff - THEN he just wanted to go look at the store for a bed set and pillows and yes you guessed it - I ended up paying.....lol..... I really shouldnt keep falling for it.

We have our stuff for the little perishers - I mean kiddiewinks - who will be coming knocking for Halloween tomorrow - thing is Leo is nipping down as well so I am soooo tempted to greet him with some candy and a ' Oooh thats a good costume - who are you meant to be?' - ROTFL. :evil: :p

DON'T FORGET THE CLOCKS GO BACK TONIGHT - AAAH THE END OF BRITISH SUMMERTIME!!

Waving to everyone - TMTRTI - am glad you like Macduff - he is such a cutie and great to snuggle up with and best of all he doesn't snore.....lol.

BBL folks - love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Arnold Lowrey
10-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Had a visit from Jaytee yesterday to see how I was progressing
She will give you the details
Arnold

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/47691-Jaytee.jpg

Uschi
10-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Just managed to read the wash and I am deeply disappointed :evil: :D -

#1 Arnold!!!!!! bare walls????? Where are your beautiful paintings?????

#2 No News from JJ????

I'll have to put in a new load of wah and iron the other but will be back!
Uschi

mustcreate
10-30-2004, 03:09 PM
happy saturday!!!

haPpY biRthDaY CHRISTIE!!!!

quiet day today. suffering from a cold the past few days so trying to rest and such....good excuse to nap ;)

I think we haven't heard from JJ yet is because she and Alan were scheduled to have the grandkids almost as soon as they got home :eek: I imagine they are pretty jetlagged right about now.

have a creative day all!!

em

Faafil
10-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Whoooo Hooooo, just got a note from JJ! :D :D :D

They arrived 12:30 pm Sat (Aussie time), and crashed, it's now 5:30 am Sunday, and she's catching up on emails etc....

ML

Uschi
10-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!! Sun just peeking out after day of rain.

Went to bed late last night, was woken up by phone call at 8:00 a.m. son and grandson were on their way over for breakfast. Well, that was the end of my routine of morning coffee with my washer friends. They left 3 hours later so I got dressed, washed and started cleaning.

Happy Birthday Christie!!!!!!!!!! I hope the next year is filled with good health!!!

Doug - glad to have you back, Kev is right, not the same without you!!!! Dizzy, my guess low blood sugar or pressure.

Johnnie - last night was weird, thick fog and lightening, couldn't see the lightening just the fog lit up continuously. How is your health??? re costumes - who on earth produces them???? - awful!

Pat - MacDuff is very cute!!!! YUP, your friend's costume is definitely authentic :evil: :D

Roger - beautiful new bathroom!!!

Sylvia - you always make us hungry for YOUR food!!!

Lyn - too bad you couldn't make it to Alex's equestrian event - I hope they take lots of photos.

Lia-Chan - nice photo!! Glad you are enjoying university!!!

Cathie - who would ever think there is snow in California, well or Arizona for that matter LOL. Wonderful scenery!!!

JoAnn - I wonder if that huge tent is going to be heated in the winter - YUP, lots of money there!!!

Anita - glad you are feeling more positive about the job!!!

Arnold - nice photo of you and JT!! I think that is the first photo we have seen of you except, of course, your tinyhead. Still shaking my head in disbelief about the absence of paintings :rolleyes: :confused: :D

It's amazing, in the meantime all the clouds have disappeared and we have blue sky and bright sunshine!!! I think they worked their way down to Johnnie's :evil:

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

Arnold Lowrey
10-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Just managed to read the wash and I am deeply disappointed :evil: :D -

#1 Arnold!!!!!! bare walls????? Where are your beautiful paintings?????

#2 No News from JJ????

I'll have to put in a new load of wah and iron the other but will be back!
Uschi
We have just finished decorating the lounge. When I put the paintings up I will post another photo
JT had a lot of work when she got back after a long drive. I'm sure she will be on shortly with more eloquance than me
Arnold

laudesan
10-30-2004, 04:33 PM
WE ARE HOME........safe and sound... :)

Forgive me...........;)

NEW WASH HERE.. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2860033#post2860033)

Will post pics when I can find the CD's... ) :p

artmom
10-30-2004, 07:58 PM
BTW, thanks VOLS Cheerleaders!! We won (an ugly game)!! One of our Quarterbacks broke his collarbone, though!

Lyn

ktrayn78
10-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Hi guys! Anybody miss me? I've been playing nurse to my sister, Steph, and my new nephew, Malachy. He was born on October 21st, 8lbs, 3oz. It's been great but I'm so glad to be home! Can't wait to catch up with y'all. If anybody wants to give me the cliff notes version of life here at WC since I disappeared I'd love it!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/48299-malachy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/48299-malachy,_kim__steph.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/48299-malachy__steph.jpg

Starsprite
10-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Awww another beautiful baby!! Kim I missed ya!!! I was wondering where you had gone off to!! You have been busy being an Aunt...Congrats!!! :clap: :clap: He's beautiful! As far as what's been going on around here....just too much to name...but one thing is Elephants...ask mr sandbanx and Kev about that. :wink2:

mr sandbanx
10-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Hey Kim... wow! he looks just like himself. What a cute kid. And is that Pat's MACDUFF your sister is holding? It looks just like him, only blue.

As a matter of fact we were all asking what happened to ol' whatserface just the other day:

Cliff Notes: its been quiet since you left, some elephants wandered through last week just as Spritey mentioned, lots and lots of super paintings been done. Our beloved Vols are 7-1 I think, we have been coaxing the Badgers through a decent season as well. Malty broke Mom's good vase, Sylvia has been treasonous due to Kevin's skullduggery, so watch your back, (we have Mr. Smiley looking into it). Lia Chan has been studying, and Zealish has made 600 posts last time I looked. Spritey has a new car, sporty it is, be carefull crossing the street. Doug went away and came back, Kat in Hat never left WC but has moved over to the Jello Forum, Anita started her new job, and me... I got an earache last week.

Its Halloween tomory as well.

So get posting, and painting and catch up...

Seeya, Chris

laudesan
10-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Chris, could you please post a link for me to the Elephants... I can't find them... :crying:

mr sandbanx
10-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Here

http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226359&page=1

and here:

http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226401&page=1

artmom
10-30-2004, 11:51 PM
JJ, the heffalumps are here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226359

Lyn

ktrayn78
10-30-2004, 11:58 PM
Hi Chris and Patty!! . Congrats on the new car Patty! And Chris, didn't you have a cold recently? Have you been taking your vitamins? Thanks for the update. It was a little cryptic (not sure what to make of the Malty's violence against vases and Kevin's skullduggery) but I must consider the source :cat:

I think Chris' and Kev's elephants are fabulous. I'm on a bit of an animal kick myself. Anybody know anything about dream analysis? I keep having anxiety ridden dreams about small animals. One particularly bad one had a couple of chanchillas that were attacked by a serial murderer (eviscerated, actually :crying: ) I still haven't recovered. Is this latent fear of dropping Malachy on his head or something?

Anyway, it's coming out in my work. Did two baby bunny paintings and a chicken pastel and a mama-and-child bunny pastel. All healthy and happy and with no murderers luking in the bushes. Let the healing flow.

mr sandbanx
10-31-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi Chris and Patty!! . Congrats on the new car Patty! And Chris, didn't you have a cold recently? Have you been taking your vitamins? Thanks for the update. It was a little cryptic (not sure what to make of the Malty's violence against vases and Kevin's skullduggery) but I must consider the source :cat:

Cold is better, but still lingering a bit. Malty is just clummsy, not violent. Kevin is recruiting for his team in the Challenge. Seems he feels he needs an air force now, and had to cross the Atlantic for help. Which reminds me... what are you doing for the next 48 weeks, we could use you on our side. Got any useful talents? Can you carry a water bottle... you could be our Gunga Din.

I think Chris' and Kev's elephants are fabulous. I'm on a bit of an animal kick myself. Anybody know anything about dream analysis? I keep having anxiety ridden dreams about small animals. One particularly bad one had a couple of chanchillas that were attacked by a serial murderer (eviscerated, actually :crying: ) I still haven't recovered. Is this latent fear of dropping Malachy on his head or something?

you are one weird kid Kim, But thanks for the elephant comment.

Anyway, it's coming out in my work. Did two baby bunny paintings and a chicken pastel and a mama-and-child bunny pastel. All healthy and happy and with no murderers luking in the bushes. Let the healing flow.

HMMMMMM.... Chicken Pasta....

ktrayn78
10-31-2004, 12:39 AM
Cold is better, but still lingering a bit. Malty is just clummsy, not violent. Kevin is recruiting for his team in the Challenge. Seems he feels he needs an air force now, and had to cross the Atlantic for help. Which reminds me... what are you doing for the next 48 weeks, we could use you on our side. Got any useful talents? Can you carry a water bottle... you could be our Gunga Din.

You're not asking me to be the sychophant mutt, are you? Don't know about being the Waterboy. People tend to feel sorry for the Waterboy. Maybe stop watch holder? Back in my "school days" I got to hold the stop watch for the cross country team. That's a harder job than it sounds. Don't know if this is universally true or simply indicative of the quality of our atheletes, but the kids all tended to vomit once they crossed the finish line. I had to dodge that while trying to accurately time their performances. The gross-out factor was too high and I quit after one season. But I would consider putting the stop-watch lanyard around my neck once again if you think you can keep your lunch down. With the way your health is going I'm a little doubtful.

mr sandbanx
10-31-2004, 12:58 AM
I do that after I finish each painting!

And I need all the synchopants I can get on my team!

laudesan
10-31-2004, 07:30 AM
Hi guys! Anybody miss me? I've been playing nurse to my sister, Steph, and my new nephew, Malachy. He was born on October 21st, 8lbs, 3oz. It's been great but I'm so glad to be home! Can't wait to catch up with y'all. If anybody wants to give me the cliff notes version of life here at WC since I disappeared I'd love it!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/48299-malachy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/48299-malachy,_kim__steph.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2004/48299-malachy__steph.jpg

What a cutie !!!!!!!!!! Mum looks ever so pleased.. ;) :) CONGRATULATIONS....