PDA

View Full Version : Ebay categories for International sellers - reference

timelady
11-05-2001, 05:17 PM
Here's a list of Art categories on international eBay sites and the categories in which your item will appear on eBay.com (the US site) if you list in that international category.

I've listed this after a few of us realised that our international listing were not appearing AT ALL when browsing eBay.com. Note that all international listings will appear in a search, it's only when browsing that international cetagories are not necessarily shown or redirected to a US category. Of course, they only appear in ebay.com at all if you choose to ship internationally in the listing options.

Tina.

UK:
General (#4174)--------------------Art: Other Art
Drawings (#552)--------------------Drawings: Contemporary (1950-Now)
Paintings: General (#551)----------Art: Paintings: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other
Paintings: Oils (#14214)-----------WILL NOT APPEAR BROWSING EBAY.COM
Paintings: Watercolour (#14215)----WILL NOT APPEAR BROWSING EBAY.COM
Prints (#360)----------------------Art: Prints: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other
Sculptures (#553)------------------Art: Sculpture: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other Materials

CANADA:
_________
Art - Fine - Canadian - Fine - General (#7160)-----WILL NOT APPEAR BROWSING EBAY.COM
Drawings (#552)------------------Drawings: Contemporary (1950-Now)
Multiple Techniques (#554)-------Art: Mixed Media: Contemporary (1950-Now)
Paintings (#551)-----------------Art: Paintings: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other
Photographic Images (#2211)------Art: Photographic Images: Contemporary (1940-Now)
Prints (#360)--------------------Art: Prints: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other
Sculptures (#553)----------------Art: Sculpture: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other Materials
General (#4174)------------------Art: Other Art

AUSTRALIA:

Fine Art:
General (#4174)--------------Art: Other Art
Aboriginal (#4172)-----------WILL NOT APPEAR BROWSING EBAY.COM
Paintings (#551)-------------Art: Paintings: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other
Prints (#360)----------------Art: Prints: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other
Sculptures (#553)------------Art: Sculpture: Contemporary (1950-Now): Other Materials

Sumafra
11-08-2001, 01:22 AM
Thanks Tina for all that info. I find it easier to list directly with Ebay USA, rather than listing with Ebay Canada, although when I did try listing with EBay Canada, the items did show up in Ebay USA anyway. I figured it wal all one big database.

fmarsh
11-08-2001, 06:00 AM
Thanks Tina,

That list is helpful.

Ebay Canada is different to other international sites, in that you can list in either US or Canadian dollars. All other international sites you need to list in the currency of the country, or come to Ebay US if you want to list in US Dollars.

Fred