PDA

View Full Version : health happiness wealth please c/c my first abstact

RACHEL52
10-29-2004, 06:41 AM
H this is my first abstract my first posting here I made this for my daughter inlaws engament gift it was to hang on a beige wall surrounded by red walls
It says that this painting is not perfect but neither is life and this is what I want for her life as straight as can be with pockets of gold always
It was painted with spray paint in acrilics and enamels 20- 24 canvas
what do you think please c/c its the only way I can learn

thank you rachel52 :wave:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Oct-2004/35984-figures_040.jpg

Heather Martin
10-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi Rachel
I really like your choice of colours. Reds and golds are so rich and warm.
What is the calligraphy you've included?
I'm just getting back into painting myself and am planning to join the new acrylic project using analogous colours.
So far I've done just a few paintings in oil.

best wishes
Heather

Bertoni
10-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Rachel:
Your daughter in law should be pleased! It should look good framed! I like the gold section, the reds and especially the Japanese lettering! It's hard to crit an abstract since it's more of a personal vision usually not totally based on realism.
Maybe there could have been more of the lettering, possiblly smaller in other sections. Otherwise darn good for a first effort! Why not post this in the
"Abstract Forum" as well and see what the abstractionists have to say?
Good to see your work on "Acrylics"!!! Welcome!! :)
ps: That reminds me, I haven't done an abstract in a long while, I'm due for one!! LOL
Bertoni

RACHEL52
10-29-2004, 09:24 AM
hi Heather the chinese writing means health happiness and wealth I looked it up on the computer I'm glad you liked it I want to try oils but trying to get the nerv up I will soon .I see we are close by I am from Einburgh
thank you again for your help
rachel52

quinacridonemagenta
10-29-2004, 09:57 AM
WOW!
I love the balance in this painting of the chinese lettering with the opposite bottom corner. it works so beautifully together and i think is one of the keys to the success of this abstract. its beautiful! :clap:

RACHEL52
10-29-2004, 01:11 PM
thank you so much i cant beleive i have just had a wow thank you so much it makes it all worth while

rachel52
:wave:

joa
10-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I say WOW! too, and what quina. said! :clap: