PDA

View Full Version : A Slight Draft

VictoriaS
11-05-2001, 12:21 PM
Gouache on Claybord Textured, 9 x 12.

As always, all comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Victoria

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2001/01-11-03_A_Slight_Draft_-_Gouache.jpg

berlindoctor
11-05-2001, 07:40 PM
finially, some real abstact art in the abstract forum.. i like quite a bit. especially the subtle texture of the table and the smaller figure...

congrats

tbd

VictoriaS
11-06-2001, 12:24 PM
Thanks, tbd!

Victoria

colorme
11-06-2001, 04:34 PM
berlindoctor this isn't just an abstract forum, it's combined w/ the contemporary forum.

i like this piece, the texture on it looks great:)

berlindoctor
11-06-2001, 07:31 PM
well poop on me...

bgreenaker
11-28-2001, 02:00 PM
Wonderful use of color and form it just glows. Beautiful.:clap: :clap:

VictoriaS
11-28-2001, 02:18 PM
Oh, thank you, b-lansing. I appreciate the comment -- and I'm glad this thread didn't end on that previous sour note...

Welcome to WC. I look forward to seeing your paintings.

Victoria

LornaM
12-01-2001, 05:50 AM
delicious...that creamy yellow with the red and green is breathtaking... like your style !

Thaddeus
12-01-2001, 07:30 AM
VictoriaS, You really have some talent here! Have you attended any formal schools? Can you explain gouache to me? I am an abstract/exp. painter, I use oils and acrylics on large canvas. I have also explored pastels. You can reach me at [email protected]
Thanks

LornaM: Your post says that you are in Germany. I am also in Geramny the Kaiserslautern area. I am trying to get in touch with other painters. Can you help me?

VictoriaS
12-03-2001, 01:27 PM
Lorna, thank you. In case you look back here: Did you paint your little head thing? If so, is it posted somewhere I can see it bigger? Looks really good from what I can see.

Thaddeus: Thank you! Rather new to gouache myself -- hmm, what can I tell you about it? It's usually used more like watercolors, but a little thicker. Gouache is opaque, whereas watercolors are usually transparent or used in a transparent manner. For this one, I used a bristle brush instead of a sable, and just stippled the paint onto the surface. If you can find KathleenM (check for her posts in the Still Life and Watercolor forums), click to her website, where she does a good job of explaining gouache. And if there's anything specific you would like to know that isn't covered there, ask me and I will answer if I am able.

Thank you,

Victoria

canvasishome
12-03-2001, 03:47 PM
Victoria,

This is wonderful stuff! Love the color/texture and theme.

Please do some more!

-dk-

mclaughlin
12-15-2001, 03:58 PM
Redon + Delacroix + Moreau = Victoria S

Serious...it's an amazing, outstanding,unique piece of Art.
Full of Imagination, beautyful Colors and Ideas.
From now on I will look out for your Art, promise.

ML
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ginette
12-18-2001, 11:52 PM
Very captivating. It took me a minute before I saw the figure blowing on the candle. :) I like how the yellow floats on top of the green.

Ginette

cagathoc
12-19-2001, 09:29 AM
:clap:

mame
12-19-2001, 09:54 AM
nice one Victoria.

Observation: my eye wants to see some of that hard edge of the table somewhere in the upper half of the composition somewhere.
Also some of the darker value of the table up there some where too and a couple more hits of the orange of the candle(maybe a little less intense) in the upper part.

Not an abstract afficiondo so take with a grain of salt.

MKathleen
12-19-2001, 03:23 PM
Hi Victoria:

Well done I love this-- the color and texture is terrific.

Best,
Kathy:)

Dave Carter
12-20-2001, 12:01 PM
Reminds of some stuff I found in my refridgerator.:clap:

VictoriaS
12-20-2001, 12:26 PM
I was gonna say it's like Christmas around here -- but then something grinchy happened.

But I want to thank most of you for commenting. Mame, thank you for the suggestions. Abstract aficionado or no -- I take your comments as good suggestions from an artist whose work I admire.

Thank you,

Victoria