PDA

View Full Version : Wind, rain, cold....CAR PAINTING!!!...and a demo!

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 03:01 PM
I've been doing way too much of this lately. I don't mind the chill, but the wet is over the top.

Other than being able to find a good viewpoint though, I kind of like it. What's to complain about not having to pack in gear, worry about the right clothing, or be concerned that you're not tresspassing?

I do make it a point to roll down the window and check on the color (and for health!), even the slightly tinted windows make pretty drastic color shifts on the subject.

Both of these are less than a couple of hours using the limited CAD YEL LT, PERM RED ,ULT BLUE and White palette. OpenboxM on the lap, thinner container in the built in 'Mug' holder, and everything else within easy reach!

This day was really nasty. The view of the scene that I painted was only visible between sheets of wind blown sleet. At times the distant treeline and building would just be engulfed in a cloud of mist and fog. But I could count on it showing up again, so I just sat and waited for it to show up again.

'Misty Road'- oil/canvas on board - 8x10 -
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-Misty-Road-oil-8x10-PA.jpg

Heavy overcast again with blowing mist in the air. Caused the colors to really intensify...the reason for painting.

'Fall Parade' - oil/canvas on board - 9x12 -
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-Fall-Parade-oil-9x12-PA.jpg

DEMO

In order not to break the one post a day rule, I'm posting some steps to a piece I did last weekend. THE clear and sunny day!

1- The lay in using thin paint.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-Fall-walk-demo-1.jpg

2- Initial block in of the color masses with very transparent wash.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-Fall-walk-demo-2-web.jpg

3- Further development of the block in with more opaque mixes. Start in the distance and moving forward.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-Fall-walk-demo-3-web.jpg

4- Working on the foreground tree and grasses, and in most other areas including the sky.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-Fall-walk-demo-4-web.jpg

5-Finish. A couple came up the trail as I was working and I took a photo of them for later insertion. I changed the color of the background gray, felt it was too cool (blue), added more of a reddish violet to warm the area up. Then put in the figures at home and it's done.
'Fall Walk' - oil/Marc's panel - 10x12 - same palette
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-Fall-walk-demo-5-final-web.jpg

LeeHaber
10-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi Marc, I'm back just in time...these are really super especially "fall parade"...it just sings!!!!!!! :music:

JamieWG
10-28-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm with Lee on Fall Parade. Great stuff, Marc.

Jamie

LarrySeiler
10-28-2004, 03:50 PM
there really should be another name for us we can adapt...when I consider that what we do professionally and best is "serious play!"

You really pulled the toybox out with these Marc, and playing well having no doubt much fun, definitely leaves Mattel and Fisher Price out in left field somewhere!

great stuff...

Larry

Gilberte
10-28-2004, 03:59 PM
So much appreciated, this demo ...

Donald_Smith
10-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Wow! Marc, very nice, I really like the second and third paintings. The first one is great too, but I LOVE BRIGHT colors, and you certainly have that in the second two paintings.

I kind of like the car thing too. No bugs, controlled atmosphere in the car, tunes or book on tape. I use acrylics so I don't have the smell problem, and since I'm out of the wind, they don't dry out too fast.

Great demo!
Don
PS: You've given me an idea. I've read where there are four sides to a tree. The far side,(isn't that a cartoon?) the left side, right side and the side closest to you, and when painting you should paint all four sides. Now, I was taught to paint a tree, by painting the trunk and limbs first then adding the leaves. I've often thought it works very well, unlike my fingers today, because I have to back space and retype a bunch of words in this post. :wink2: Anyway, I was puzzled at why you paint the leaves, then put the limbs down, then paint more leaves. I love your foreground trees in that third picture. Then it hit me. By painting the leaves, then the limbs, then more leaves, you actually get a more three dimintional look to the trees. It will show some of the limbs to be in front of the leaves on the far side of the tree. THANKS!!! I'll have to give that a try and see if I like it better than my normal method of painting trees. Man I'm happy now, I've learned something.. :D

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi Marc, I'm back just in time...these are really super especially "fall parade"...it just sings!!!!!!! :music:
Thanks Lee. I think it was the carbon monoxide,,,colors were looing pretty good that day!
I have been off line most of the time you've been gone so it is great to be back just as you are giving us a show. I've been chasing what WAS left of fall. Pretty much the dead zone now before the snow falls.

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm with Lee on Fall Parade. Great stuff, Marc.

Jamie
Thanks Jamie. That title came to me because of the backwards lean of the tree in front, like a drum major leading the rest of the colors!

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 04:22 PM
there really should be another name for us we can adapt...when I consider that what we do professionally and best is "serious play!"

You really pulled the toybox out with these Marc, and playing well having no doubt much fun, definitely leaves Mattel and Fisher Price out in left field somewhere!

great stuff...

Larry
I know Larry, there really is no good excuse for having this kind of fun!
Thanks for the comments. The only bad thing about working out of the car this time of year is that the colors are so subdued. I can deal with the cold,,,more clothes. But the rain with wind and cold is a real painindeaz.

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 04:23 PM
So much appreciated, this demo ...
Good deal Gilberte! Glad you did.

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Wow! Marc, very nice, I really like the second and third paintings. The first one is great too, but I LOVE BRIGHT colors, and you certainly have that in the second two paintings.

I kind of like the car thing too. No bugs, controlled atmosphere in the car, tunes or book on tape. I use acrylics so I don't have the smell problem, and since I'm out of the wind, they don't dry out too fast.

Great demo!
Don
PS: You've given me an idea. I've read where there are four sides to a tree. The far side,(isn't that a cartoon?) the left side, right side and the side closest to you, and when painting you should paint all four sides. Now, I was taught to paint a tree, by painting the trunk and limbs first then adding the leaves. I've often thought it works very well, unlike my fingers today, because I have to back space and retype a bunch of words in this post. :wink2: Anyway, I was puzzled at why you paint the leaves, then put the limbs down, then paint more leaves. I love your foreground trees in that third picture. Then it hit me. By painting the leaves, then the limbs, then more leaves, you actually get a more three dimintional look to the trees. It will show some of the limbs to be in front of the leaves on the far side of the tree. THANKS!!! I'll have to give that a try and see if I like it better than my normal method of painting trees. Man I'm happy now, I've learned something.. :D
Thanks Don. You nailed the reason for working trees this way right on the head. I don't work with them any one way all of the time, it depends on the situation, and the size, or strength of things like the branches and trunks. But in general, if you think of it as working from large masses towards the smaller masses and shapes(more detail), then it makes some sense to do it like this. I'm glad that you learned something! :wink2:

Tony Perrotta
10-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Hey Marc, Rain cold wind and you still knocked one off, nice. I love the orange wow bright and intense. Thanks for the demo, hope it's going in the Plein Air Demo section

Tony :)

mnpainter
10-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Marc,

Thanks for the demo!!! Isnt the weather pretty bad around here (Minnesota), lately? I dont really get motivated when it is misty or rainy weather to paint other that indoors, like the commission gig I have going right now. I really want to paint plein air lately but am getting caught up in various other fall things. But to the point, seeing things as this makes one get motivated to do those things!!!! thanks again :clap:

JamieWG
10-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Marc, when I first checked into this thread, your demo wasn't up yet, so forgive me for missing it! Now I have to say that "Fall Walk" is in fact my favorite of the group. You do trees like nobody else; thanks from me too for the WIP show. Was that gorgeous foreground tree finished on location, or did you finish that up at home too. Even without the figures, this would be a wonderful piece, but they add that perfect touch that puts it way over the top.

You say you've been doing a lot of painting this past week. I hope that means that more is on the way for us in the very near future.

Jamie

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey Marc, Rain cold wind and you still knocked one off, nice. I love the orange wow bright and intense. Thanks for the demo, hope it's going in the Plein Air Demo section

Tony :)
Hi Tony,
Thanks, pretty hard to get too excited in that kind of weather. Don't know about the demo sec.

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Marc,

Thanks for the demo!!! Isnt the weather pretty bad around here (Minnesota), lately? I dont really get motivated when it is misty or rainy weather to paint other that indoors, like the commission gig I have going right now. I really want to paint plein air lately but am getting caught up in various other fall things. But to the point, seeing things as this makes one get motivated to do those things!!!! thanks again :clap:

Ben,
Thanks, left you a PM about painting near Lake City and Alma. Yea, the weather is pretty bad, but even bad weather is better than sitting in the studio IMO!

James or Jimmy Jim
10-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Marc, they're all very good! I actually was expecting a painting of a CAR, like Lee did. :D

I enjoyed the WIP.

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Marc, when I first checked into this thread, your demo wasn't up yet, so forgive me for missing it! Now I have to say that "Fall Walk" is in fact my favorite of the group. You do trees like nobody else; thanks from me too for the WIP show. Was that gorgeous foreground tree finished on location, or did you finish that up at home too. Even without the figures, this would be a wonderful piece, but they add that perfect touch that puts it way over the top.

You say you've been doing a lot of painting this past week. I hope that means that more is on the way for us in the very near future.

Jamie
HI Jamie,
Yep, I posted the car paintings and then thought that I shouldn't 'break' any rules so ganged the two threads.

Thanks for liking it. The tree and the rest of the painting was finished 99% on site. At home I added the figures and used the tip of a small palette knife to put on some little spots of pure cad yellow leaves. The kind of things that seem to come up just when you think you're done.

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Marc, they're all very good! I actually was expecting a painting of a CAR, like Lee did. :D

I enjoyed the WIP.
Thanks Jim. I don't do cars or windows! :D

...well you never know...

JamieWG
10-28-2004, 07:21 PM
HI Jamie,
Yep, I posted the car paintings and then thought that I shouldn't 'break' any rules so ganged the two threads.

Marc, when this forum goes dead as a doornail in the midst of winter, feel free to post an entire page of threads every 24 hours. :p Heeheehee.... Of course you know we've never imposed capital punishment on anybody for breaking the rule, right? :D

Still looking at that tree.......Wish you could tell me you did that one car painting as well. I think I need a larger mug holder or a smaller brush washer. ;) Do you sit in the passenger seat when you paint?

Jamie

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Marc, when this forum goes dead as a doornail in the midst of winter, feel free to post an entire page of threads every 24 hours. :p Heeheehee.... Of course you know we've never imposed capital punishment on anybody for breaking the rule, right? :D

Still looking at that tree.......Wish you could tell me you did that one car painting as well. I think I need a larger mug holder or a smaller brush washer. ;) Do you sit in the passenger seat when you paint?

Jamie
That's what I was worried about, grabbing the mouse and being turned into toast! :D

Not a car painting, a beautiful day painting. I have been sitting in both seats depending on where the light source was and the subject. I have a large moon roof, but tinted, so there is pretty good light. But I have noticed that to get the most even light on the panel, I need to be in the seat that is catching the most light, you know closer to the light source. The tinted windows are a tough one to deal with tho', I really notice a difference with the window up or down.

coh
10-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi Marc,

Nice set of paintings, as usual! Fall has been good to you (or maybe you've
been good to fall). I think my fav is the demo painting, I like the way the
yellow tree stands out against the backdrop.

Thanks for providing the WIP pictures. What I want to know is, when is the
video coming out? :wink2: I say that half in jest but...maybe you can
get someone to stand behind you with a video camera and record one
of these demo paintings. It's helpful to see the work in stages like this
but obviously there is so much unseen, especially between the last two
steps. I would love to see how you get all that detail in there without just
creating a mess. Usually when I get to that point of a painting I get antsy
and start rushing (and maybe a bit tired after 2 or 3 hours) and never get
the crisp branches and sky holes that you have here. How much time
did you spend on that last step?

I'd also like to know the answer to Jamie's question. When I paint in my car
I usually sit in the drivers seat and put the easel on the front of the
passenger seat, with the back of the painting/easel braced against the
dash. It's at an angle so I have to turn about 45 deg to the right but
allows me to get a little further back from the work. I've never tried on
with the easel on my lap but think that would be too close? I'll have to
give it a try.

Chris

James or Jimmy Jim
10-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Marc, I was expecting that answer (really) and I was also thinking that the posting rules will be a-changing pretty soon. :D

You should get an RV to do those really large paintings! :D

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks Chris, you can get my video online, but you'll probably have to free up your internet security settings!!! :evil:

I'm in the passenger seat.

To the questions about where to sit and paint, and where does the palette, panel holder go. Here's a photo I took doing the painting 'Fall Parade'. To the left of my left knee, my explorer has large molded mug holders and this is where I put my 4" Holbein turp can. It fits better than any soda or coffee cup does so I think that this is actually a painting vehicle...

The OpenboxM adjusts from a 90% palette/panel holder configuration, to a position where they're both completely flat like a table. So I have quite a lot of flexibility in terms of how the thing is adjusted to be comfortable working.

I mean it's not at all ideal, can't step back, can't really always see the subject well. But when I think of what the painters 100-125 years ago had to go through, I'm just glad that I'm not painting from a horse drawn buggy.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-car-painting.jpg

m r pacitti
10-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Pretty much the dead zone now before the snow falls.
Marc, I have confidence you will bring "the dead zone" back to life. That demonstration painting just knocks me out! Especially the finishing touches ( I think I noted before that you have a devastating end game). Those mid ground bare trees were placed perfectly to draw your eye to the figures! Thanks for posting this thread. I think it's another future hall of famer! :clap: :clap: :clap: Mike

Phyllis Rennie
10-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Love the fall walk. Can't imagine painting in the car--I'm a messy painter. :D Thanks for the demo--good stuff.

coh
10-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks Chris, you can get my video online, but you'll probably have to
free up your internet security settings!!!

Hey, I have a broadband connection with all the bells and whistles at home,
for my "real" job...so just tell me where the video is! :evil:

I guess being "cramped" in a car while painting isn't too bad, compared
to what people used to go through. Of course, they were tougher back
then. I painted today...it was in the low 50s with a moderate breeze from
time to time. Thought I dressed warmly enough but not quite! Actually
I was OK for the most part but my hands got real cold, which surprised me
at that temp. Guess I need to find some painting gloves...and soon!

Chris

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks Chris, you can get my video online, but you'll probably have to
free up your internet security settings!!!

Hey, I have a broadband connection with all the bells and whistles at home,
for my "real" job...so just tell me where the video is! :evil:

I guess being "cramped" in a car while painting isn't too bad, compared
to what people used to go through. Of course, they were tougher back
then. I painted today...it was in the low 50s with a moderate breeze from
time to time. Thought I dressed warmly enough but not quite! Actually
I was OK for the most part but my hands got real cold, which surprised me
at that temp. Guess I need to find some painting gloves...and soon!

Chris
Thanks Mike and Phyllis. I have a lot of pregame, half time and third quarter paintings stuffed in boxes and nooks and crannies. Unless the end game is successfull, the rest doesn't really matter. :D

Chris,
ummm-mmmmmm...a..mmm..webs..mmerrrm...is a...mm..secret! :D

Have you tried using the blue polypropelene glove liners? I'm able to paint in temperatures down to 20 degrees with nothing other than these on. i even use them for pastel, they're so thin. Below that I add a wool or polartec glove with thinsulate to the hand holding the brushes.

JamieWG
10-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Have you tried using the blue polypropelene glove liners? I'm able to paint in temperatures down to 20 degrees with nothing other than these on.

Ummmmm.....We want pics. :D

mnpainter
10-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Marc,

Thanks much!!!!!!, I had seen the Frontenac sign the many times I as enroute to Lake City this early fall, I think, or maybe I know its there :rolleyes: . I am thinking maybe doing this triip next week, depends if I can time off work. Reicks lake is my destination point i am thinking. I really need to start making some art here!!!!!!! I think to take a day and hit it hard and relaxed is the way to do it. Wish I had my Wiscony huntin permit still, darn!!! I have seen thousands and thousands and thousands of migrating Mallards, Cans, Geese, Swans the usuals for this area in past years, it was a sight to see!! Well , any way thanks again for the tips.

Ben Bauer

blondheim12
10-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Marc,
They are all splendid but the first and last paintings are just superb. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Love,
Linda

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Marc,

Thanks much!!!!!!, I had seen the Frontenac sign the many times I as enroute to Lake City this early fall, I think, or maybe I know its there :rolleyes: . I am thinking maybe doing this triip next week, depends if I can time off work. Reicks lake is my destination point i am thinking. I really need to start making some art here!!!!!!! I think to take a day and hit it hard and relaxed is the way to do it. Wish I had my Wiscony huntin permit still, darn!!! I have seen thousands and thousands and thousands of migrating Mallards, Cans, Geese, Swans the usuals for this area in past years, it was a sight to see!! Well , any way thanks again for the tips.

Ben Bauer
Ben, the trip for you would be to head to Hastings/ Red Wing down to Frontenac for the morning painting. From there down to Wabasha, cross the river to Nelson and head southeast to Reick's lake for the afternoon. Eagles are all over in that area too. If you end up with time to paint, head back up to Wab, cross the river and head down Hwy 61 to Weaver(ders som duck bangin for ya) and take a right into Whitewater State Park. Have you been in there?
Actually, if you want to, give me a call and maybe I can meet you to paint. I have a few things to accomplish next week besides painting, but I could probably shift around things.

Marc Hanson
10-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Ummmmm.....We want pics. :D
Your wish is my command!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-gloves.jpg

nancymae
10-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Thank you Marc for these pictures and the demo. Your picture of the yellow trees is my favorite! I'm rating this a 5 star!! Thank you for taking the time to post these and your steps!

Nancy

Bruce Newman
10-29-2004, 07:03 AM
These are beauties, Marc! I always learn so much from your paintings and we are very fortunate that you take the time to produce demos and post them here. Thanks! :clap: :clap:

Shelley Grund
10-29-2004, 11:05 AM
LOVE the Demo painting! Those figures really tell a story and that tree is spectacular. Your explaination on how to paint in the car has been very helpful. One more question - do you keep the car running, or do you just turn it on occasionally to keep warm? Today I'm socked in by fog - am so-o-o-o tempted to go out in the car and do a fog painting!

tk04
10-29-2004, 11:56 AM
I think I liked the third one most. The people fits in very nicely. There is a lot of atmosphere in the two others too.

Bobbo
10-29-2004, 01:08 PM
truly wonderfull work
thank you for the demo
i learn so much (i hope) from yours and others
i love the foggy one
Chamberlain would be proud of you!! :)
so much atmosphere!

JamieWG
10-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Your wish is my command!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/37743-gloves.jpg

Heeheehee! :D

(Marc, I see that you and I have identical studio storage issues :evil: , 'cept mine doesn't have the weights.)

Jamie

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Marc,
They are all splendid but the first and last paintings are just superb. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Love,
Linda
Thanks for looking Linda. I'm glad you like the first one. There wasn't much there and what was there was so subtle that I had to stretch not to just go black and white.

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Thank you Marc for these pictures and the demo. Your picture of the yellow trees is my favorite! I'm rating this a 5 star!! Thank you for taking the time to post these and your steps!

Nancy
Gee thanks Nancy! Posting the steps is fun.

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 01:59 PM
These are beauties, Marc! I always learn so much from your paintings and we are very fortunate that you take the time to produce demos and post them here. Thanks! :clap: :clap:
I appreciate it Bruce! Thank you. How's the golf course painting going?

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 02:03 PM
LOVE the Demo painting! Those figures really tell a story and that tree is spectacular. Your explaination on how to paint in the car has been very helpful. One more question - do you keep the car running, or do you just turn it on occasionally to keep warm? Today I'm socked in by fog - am so-o-o-o tempted to go out in the car and do a fog painting!
Hi Shelley,
Thank you for the nice comments.
I keep the car running...BUT....BUT...WITH AT LEAST TWO WINDOWS VENTED!!! There is always a risk of carbon monoxide sneaking into the vehicle through a leak or the heater system. That is something that we all need to be aware of.
I say go for it, fog is great to paint with the exagerated arial perspective. Have fun!

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 02:05 PM
I think I liked the third one most. The people fits in very nicely. There is a lot of atmosphere in the two others too.
Thank you Karin. I waited for someone to walk into the scene from the start as I felt that it would be needed. Thankfully they did. Of course I took a quick photo and added them at home.

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 02:07 PM
truly wonderfull work
thank you for the demo
i learn so much (i hope) from yours and others
i love the foggy one
Chamberlain would be proud of you!! :)
so much atmosphere!
Rob, that's quite a compliment. He's one of my all time favorites. Thanks, glad they help.

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Heeheehee! :D

(Marc, I see that you and I have identical studio storage issues :evil: , 'cept mine doesn't have the weights.)

Jamie
Ha! That's the clean and organized side!!! :D The weights are for weighting panels when gluing on canvas!!! Aren't they!? :wink2:

bbb
10-29-2004, 03:12 PM
I enjoyed viewing your fall paintings. Very nice.

Berry

JanB
10-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Marc great paintings, thanks so much for posting the demo. I know I speak for many when I say that they are always helpful, and I learn a lot from seeing your process. I'm still working on learning to really nail down the big shapes with correct color and value at the beginning without getting overwhelmed with the detail I see. So every time I see how someone else "sees" the big shapes simplified I learn something. Thanks for sharing.

midcoast
10-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Wonderful work!! The paintings are beautiful. And thanks so much for sharing the demo with us!! Especially appreciated :)

Nancy

Marc Hanson
10-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks Berry.

That's very nice to say JanB. Think 'BIG'! :D

Nancy, I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Phyllis Rennie
10-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Ha! That's the clean and organized side!!!

Looks like my studio. Gives us another good reason for painting outdoors!
:D :D :D

Bruce Newman
10-30-2004, 08:35 AM
I appreciate it Bruce! Thank you. How's the golf course painting going?
Done for this year, I'm afraid, Marc. Brrrrrrrrrrr! But I did get six paintings finished...along with LOTS of notoriety! Golfers just don't understand this plein air stuff and they gave me lots of strange looks. But, I'm known! :D

My golf paintinigs are here if you are interested: http://brucenewman.com/paint.golfholes.html

I'll do more next year for sure. Fun!

RandyP
10-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Marc,

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for the Demo. Its amazing how something can make such an impact, especially after having seen a ton of demos before. Somehow this one really seemed to help me gain an understanding about something I've felt I've been missing when approaching a scene. :)

Plus the two from the car are amazing as usual. That first one just looks so cold and wet. You really captured it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Randy

Marc Hanson
10-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Done for this year, I'm afraid, Marc. Brrrrrrrrrrr! But I did get six paintings finished...along with LOTS of notoriety! Golfers just don't understand this plein air stuff and they gave me lots of strange looks. But, I'm known! :D

My golf paintinigs are here if you are interested: http://brucenewman.com/paint.golfholes.html

I'll do more next year for sure. Fun!
The web page with the paintings looks great Bruce. I'm not surprised that you're going to print them and that you are now known...or 'notorious'! :D Good luck with them. Are you doing giclee's or offset? They'd make nice canvas giclees I would think.

Marc Hanson
10-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Marc,

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for the Demo. Its amazing how something can make such an impact, especially after having seen a ton of demos before. Somehow this one really seemed to help me gain an understanding about something I've felt I've been missing when approaching a scene. :)

Plus the two from the car are amazing as usual. That first one just looks so cold and wet. You really captured it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Randy
I appreciate it Randy. What are you referring to that has been missing? After seeing the recent one of yours...it's not much.

JamieWG
10-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Ha! That's the clean and organized side!!! :D The weights are for weighting panels when gluing on canvas!!! Aren't they!? :wink2:

<Jamie dashes into the family room when her son's not looking and sneaks his weights into her studio to weigh down canvas, wondering why she didn't think of it sooner.........Besides, someone might even think she's actually *working out*. :D>

Marc Hanson
10-30-2004, 11:16 PM
<Jamie dashes into the family room when her son's not looking and sneaks his weights into her studio to weigh down canvas, wondering why she didn't think of it sooner.........Besides, someone might even think she's actually *working out*. :D>

Now you're thinking...that's my excuse!!!

Lorijo
10-30-2004, 11:23 PM
Super Marc! Reminds me of my vacation, the foggy one is just like what we saw some days and the bright ones too. I like them all can't pick a favorite. Excellent demo, you make it look so easy. Lorijo