PDA

View Full Version : coffeetable abstract

Jumping Gemini
11-05-2001, 10:41 AM
hi everyone. i'm pretty new to wc and very new to the abstract forum. i call this coffee table abstract because i bought a coffee table at a garage sale. it fell apart two weeks later and so i painted on it.

i'm not sure if my abstracts are a waste of paint or what. whatever the case, i will not be hurt. please call it like you see it. personally, i think of my abstracts as therapy and a fun way to waste paint.

cindy

Leaflin
11-23-2001, 07:27 AM
I like this Cindy :)
What a great way to recycle your coffee table.
I covered mine with papier mache' and it turned out fantastic!

dnip24
11-23-2001, 12:34 PM
Nice Picture, looks amazing

Tony Perrotta
11-23-2001, 04:35 PM
Hi Gemini, It looks cool to me. As long as you enjoy painting your abstacts their not a waste of time or paint. Whenever I do an abstract and show it to my kids they ask me whats that supposed to be. I tell them it's an abstract it isn't supposed to be anything. As long as I think it represents something thats all that matters. So keep on wasting paint.

Regards Tony

rapolina
11-28-2001, 06:39 AM
really beautiful!
i like the colors and the composition of light and dark.
i tink you had lots of fun while painting it, and it seems to raise up from the "table".
ciao, :clap: rapolina.

Jumping Gemini
11-29-2001, 01:32 PM
hi all! i didn't think i'd get much of a positive response and i am quite surprised.

rapolina, i'm glad you like the colors. they are kind of dark which is how i felt at the time, i suppose, and it was good to get the dark things out in the real world. i did have a lot of fun and it was a great way to get back at the table that failed to live up to a coffee table.

yes, tony, i do enjoy painting abstracts. i'm sure you feel the same. it's very relaxing. i will keep going with the abstracts.

thanks, dnip. what a nice thing to say.

leaflin, i'd be interested to see what your coffee table looks like. if you can, send a pic. and thanks for the comments.

Cindy