PDA

View Full Version : Leo

Gillette
10-28-2004, 05:31 AM
Well here's another of my ''branch out and try something different" kind of paintings, my 1st lion anyway, I have visited Africa lots of times and have hundreds of animal photos, so I'm having some variety now in my work.
It's approx 12x16inches on stretched canvas and the photo does not really do the colour justice, but I couldn't get it any better. C&C welcome.
If I chance to ignore replies, I'm sorry but my pc is not being very good at present.

Jane.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2004/38894-leo2cr_res.jpg

Bertoni
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Jane:
I like the way you did Leo's fur!!! :clap:
The way the left leg is turned looks a bit awkward. Maybe if it's done straight out like the other leg, it might have a more natural look?
It's great to branch out and try something different! Good for you!

joa
10-28-2004, 04:17 PM
I believe they do turn their paws around like that, but if they are like domestic cat, sometimes when they do that the paw turns over and the pads are up rather than sideways.

However, you are probably going by your photo, so I would guess that Leo knows what he is doing with his paw!

It is great to stretch yourself out into new directions. :clap: Good work! :clap:

Gillette
10-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Thanks for looking and your comments Bertoni and Joa, yes I did paint his paw according to the photo, actually I found the other paw harder as it always seemed foreshortened. The Lions in Kruger all looked well fed and very lazy, especially the males as it's the females who make the kills, we saw lots of cubs of different ages, spent hours watching and filming them.
Thanks again
Jane.