PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Wednesday October 27****

mr sandbanx
10-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Waiting for paint to dry so thought I would give you guys a head start.

Chris

Lulu
10-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi everyone:)
My family will be wondering if it safe to let me out of NZ................ yesterday I set off an alarm when I got too close to a Colin McCahon at the Brisbane art gallery, this morning I have had a ride in a police car!!! Yes!
I got lost on my walk and along came a police car so I waved them down, and said - I've got a bit lost, I'm meant to be headed for Amazon Place. They started to tell me the way, then the police woman said 'Do you want us to take you?' So, in I hopped, forgot to put on my seat belt!!!!, and they duly dropped me off in this street. Now I can tell you that between the front and back seats there is a glass panel (presumably unbreakable) and inside the back doors there are not any handles - they wound down the window and said I had to put my hand out and open it from the outside! At least by my fumbling they could (hopefully) tell that I hadn't been in a police car before! lol

Wonder what else I can get up to in the remaining two days.......... :D
Must be something in the water in Brisbane JJ;) hehe

Roun2it
10-27-2004, 04:38 AM
Morning each,

Times passing so quick this week, I'm starting to feel a whole lot better after my knee op and doing more things, washed and waxed both cars yesterday, tided the greenhouse, took in all the plants for overwintering, it was a good day.

Problem is the elephant is still on my shoulder, nothing done yet, so will have to start. Taking Mum out for lunch later so will have to shelve the painting 'til then.

Hi, Chris and Lulu, don't think Brisbane could have managed JJ and Lulu together. Good job it wasn't my police car Lulu I may have thrown away the key!! :wave:

vasilkadifeli
10-27-2004, 05:15 AM
Hi and good morning every body...

I haven't been able to look so much in the WC forum last week... too much boring stuff to do here... we are dropping 6 zeros out of the Turkish Lira on the 1st of January... two months left... and we still test and change our bank's software... it seems we will welcome the new year here at work... but the wost thing is that although we are billionaires now we gonna be "thousand"ers by 2005 :D

:wave: ing to all of you...

Europa
10-27-2004, 06:24 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just saying hi - just got up - nothing to report.

Lulu - that was too funny - similar thing happened to me in Virginia - I fell out of a pub around 2am after telling my friend (who left earlier) that of course I could find my way back to her house - lol - I took a wrong turning and ended up outside the local jail house.......this very kind (and very cute) officer offered to give me a lift but I refused as I didnt want my friend to freak out - so he pointed me in the right direction and off I went - two steps forward and three steps back......lol.

Waving to everyone :wave:

BBL

Love and hugs

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

painterbear
10-27-2004, 06:32 AM
Good Morning all,

It is 6:15 a.m. on a damp morning here in Ohio. Glad the rain has stopped, the roofer is coming today! Juppie, as Fookie would say. Hi Fooks, if you are lurking! ;) Our temps are still very mild, so that is a good thing when the workers are up there tearing off three layers of shingles! I think that means the bottom layer is probably the original one since the house is 64 years old and the shingles average about 20 years. I'm curious to see what color roof the architect put on it all those years ago.

Chris, Isn't there an expression about something being as excited as watching paint dry??? Hope your paint is on the elephants' hide for this week's challenge.

LuLu, You do seem to get into a number of adventures. Glad your first time in a police car was on a mission of aide, not necessity. LOL!

Kev, Have a great lunch with your Mum, I'm sure she enjoys seeing you. Good that your knee is feeling so much better since you seem to have a lot of energy stored up! I'm sure your elephant will be great—once you start on it, that is. ;)

Vasil, Hope the fact that your government is getting rid of all those zeroes means the economy is doing better for Turkey. The first time we visited Italy many, many years ago, they had the same situation with money. People joked about needing a wheelbarrow to carry their cash around, it wouldn't all fit in their wallets. Our hotel bill for one night was 35,000 Lira! We felt like millionaires. :eek: We look forward to seeing you and some more of your paintings once things calm down at work.

Char, re eggplant sounding unappetizing (I agree with you on that name), how about aubergine :music: oh-h-h burr-r-r-r gene :music: Say that three times slowly, doesn't that make you want to taste it?????

I posted my three pear studies this morning. Not finished paintings by any means, but an interesting way to learn about colors and values, I recommend the exercise for those who are just starting out especially. Shamful plug to follow ;) . If you would like to see them, they are postedhere. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2848083#post2848083)

Hopefully my new proofreading project will arrive today (didn't get here as scheduled yesterday :mad: ) so I will be tied up with that for a few days. Will pop in now and then to see what's going on (don't want to miss any exciting happenings here), but may not have time to post much.

Oops, forgot to post this when I was here earlier:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Imagenie and Sue Galos! Hope both of you have a wonderful day for your celebration and a terrific year ahead!

Off to check out the Gallery now, while I can.

SYL,

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
10-27-2004, 07:01 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:
I am up earlier than planned (phone call from work at 5:45 trying to replace a sick call for dayshift). Oh well, gives me time to check in here before I start my day. :)
I've been working hard on my latest painting for my watercolour class and I am pleased with how it's going. I have put about 18 hrs into it already and not even half way!
I have a full day planned and still have to finish planting bulbs in the garden.

Chris - waiting and watching for elephants to appear in the gallery

Lulu - you sound like you're having a JJ day :wink2:

Kev - glad to hear your knee is feeling better. Have a great lunch. Ditto what I said to Chris.

Vasil - rest your eyes from all that computer work by painting. Hope the rest of the change over goes smoothly for you.

Pat - That sounds scary... lost in a strange city in the middle of the night. Glad you found help (cute doesn't hurt either)

Sylvia - glad your roof is finally getting under way. I am on my way over to the gallery to check out those pears. I wish I have had more time to spend on here lately. The gallery grows so quickly I am sure I have missed many beautiful paintings :(

Have a great day to AWAYTC :wave:

artmom
10-27-2004, 07:12 AM
:wave: everyone! I was just sitting here at the computer minding my own business, when it sounded like someone was throwing buckets of water at our house! :eek: DH is not happy; he is scheduled to play golf at 9 this morning!
Looks like it might move through pretty fast, though. :)

Tried to do early voting yesterday; went by courthouse three times--twice there were no handicapped parking spaces--third time, parking available but line was out the door and around the corner!! :rolleyes: I'll just wait and vote on Election Day.

I was able to get my USAF dependent ID card renewed at the Air Base yesterday--I had to tell my weight! :eek: LOL I'll need my card when I visit my son at his new base.

Need to renew my Driver's License, also. Thank goodness I can do that by computer.

I'll probably be posting a painting today--my first one since May! :rolleyes: It's on watercolor canvas--I don't care for the canvas, but I have one more to use up!

It's 7 am here, so I guess my day has officially started--better get a cuppa'! Wish I had one of Pat's bacon butties! DH's coffee smells good--but give me tea!

Best wishes to those in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

BBL

Lyn

Kate Mc
10-27-2004, 07:13 AM
:wave: Good morning!

Chris, here's hoping your paint dries soon. Show us what you're working on..... :clap:

Sylvia, I love your pears! They have wonderful form and volume and color. What a great exercise. (comments in the thread) I'm jealous of your aubergines. :envy:

Lulu, what a hoot! Did they cuff you??? It sounds like you're having a good time in Brisbane!

Kev, it sounds like your knee is doing well, if you're doing all those things. Do you need another car to wash??? You can come to my house.... :p

Vasil, good luck with the conversion. I can imagine the nightmare that kind of software change can cause--especially if you forget to make the change in only one place! Ewwwww......... Come back soon, we miss you.

Well, today's word is a phrase: to be stuck. One of my students was stuck on this one today.... :rolleyes:
1) to be trapped, as in "I was stuck in a well when I was a child, and so now I don't like cold water". This is the same usage as "stuck in traffic"
2) to be jabbed, as in "When I got my flu shot, I was stuck with a needle"
3) to be without something needed, as in "She asked me how to mix green and I was stuck for an answer" or "When I tried to pay for my coffee, I was stuck for change and I had to borrow some.
4) to be glued to something, as in "The 99 theses were stuck to the door of the Cathedral with Super Glue"
5) to be placed somewhere willy-nilly, as in "the paintings were just stuck in the drawer."

Any more??

Waving to Ellen who's up early in Ont and to AWAYTC. :wave:

EDIT: Lyn, we cross-posted! Bacon Butties indeed! Here's wishing you better weather!

Kate

Little Old Lady
10-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Greetings :wave:
Interesting was drying paint, police car ride, new roof, washing cars, paintings, voting etc. I am stuck for a good reply.
Still dark here.
Painting at nursing home this morn.
Not sure what the rest of the day will bring!
JoAnn

Sharon Douglas
10-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Good morning,

I was sitting here wondering what to have for my dinner and you wondefful people have decided for me.......lol.
I`ve had no brekky because the fella was here all morning drawing up the plans for the conservatory (work starts next Tuesday :clap: )
So I guess I fancy a bacon butty now :rolleyes:

I`m about to get in touch with Andy for posting our challenge paintings for this week, so depending on if he`s ready I imagion we`ll be posting in the next couple of hours.........I hope he`s not busy......another fella is coming tonight to draw up the plans for the attic conversion, so I`m not sure when I`ll be able to post later :rolleyes:

I hope everyone is fit and healthy.
BTW KEV, did you like the joke I sent to you??? :evil:

CharM
10-27-2004, 08:01 AM
Good morning Washers! No fog today! Actually, it's warm enough to have the windows open... at the end of October! :eek:

I have meetings scheduled for most of the afternoon... I'm just waiting for some data from one of my colleagues, to compile beforehand in preparation...

Kate... To be conceited as... "She's so stuck-up, she looks down her nose at me... " To stay in one place as... "I stuck around the office to answer the phones." Best I can do this early in the morning... :D

I hope that paint dried and you managed to get to bed at a reasonable hour, Chris... Is today Elephant Day?

Lulu... it's informative to know that the water in Brisbane has personality altering effects... or... does it??? :evil: That was quite an experience... glad you're having so much fun...

Now Kev, are you putting this off??? You could have sketched out your elephant before taking your Mom to lunch (what a good son you are, btw)...

Sheesh, Vasil... I thought that repairing all our *date* entries, programme logic and systems files was a nightmare for Y2K... Somehow, this seems much more complex and the risk is more ominous... good luck... we'll be here waiting for you...

Now Pat, only you would end up with the *cute* one... I got lost once and stopped to ask an officer for help and directions... She was in a bad mood and butt ugly to boot... :D

Syl... LOL... the word aubergine is fanciful... I would paint it... I would decorate my rooms with it (I did my family room in... aubergine accents)... There was even a Sears commercial awhile back about it... No matter what you call it though... it's still eggplant... :D Will check out your pears (those I'll definitely eat! )

Hi Ellen... I take it you decided to stay home rather than accept another shift... My DH, who's a Paramedic, rarely takes extra shifts... There's always so much to do around home and all work/no play makes him cranky... LOL... not insinuating you're cranky... Looking forward to your painting... mine always take me that long to do...

Lyn... I hope those cars taking up spaces in the handicapped parking were supposed to be there... I just hate it when people, hale and hearty, need to *run in for a minute* and think they can use those spots... The fines here are pretty hefty if they're caught... Really looking forward to your painting!!!

:wave: to JoAnn... Painting group yesterday... nursing home today... you are soooooo busy...

Sharon... I'm :envy: about your conservatory... You WILL need to post pics... hmmm... you could start a Reno Thread... it will be interesting to watch the progress...

k... I need to get a little work done... sending good thoughts and positive vibes to all...

olika
10-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Hmmm - with all the mentions of eggplant - ooops - sorry, Aubergine, I have a question or two. Is an Aubergine considered ripe if it is 3-5 inches long? I seem to have three of them in the garden and they will soon be biting the dust via frost I am sure. I am wondering if I should be picking them and then once picked, what do I do with them?????? :eek: :D

Uschi
10-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

We had sun yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's unbelievable how a bit of sun can infuse one with energy and sweeten one's whole outlook on life.

Was in a challenge with the frogs in my little pond which I wanted to empty out - I caught them with a butterfly net and took them out, they immediately jumped back in. Stupid things don't realize that I am trying to save them from freezing to death. Actually that is a lie, it was for me because I can't stand fishing all the dead ones out in the spring.

I also pruned some bushes, took some decorative stuff in and cut the grass. At night I couldn't move because I was aching so much.

I am normally a very deep sleeper, so very rarely remember my dreams, I guess due to the aching I woke up a lot and every single time I was painting with JT - one huge macro flower in yellows and another one in monochromatic gray tones.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!!!!!!!!

Lulu- HAHA!!!! There must be something in the Brisbane air

Kev - it is sooo good to hear you say this about your knee; makes me hopeful to say the same thing about my hip one of these days

Lyn - will there be less of a line-up on voting day???

Going to see Sylvia's pears now!

:wave: Greetings to everyone and sending good thoughts to one and all !!!Uschi

Europa
10-27-2004, 08:31 AM
OH I AM SOOOOOOO EMBARRASSED!!!!!!! :o :o

I nipped out earlier in the car with Jamie - went to the bank and while he was in there I was left sat in the car listening to the radio. So there I am - minding my own business - window down - singing along with Justin Timberlake - totally oblivious at how loud I was actually singing until I got to the line - 'I bet I have you naked by the end of this song' when suddenly this guy who was walking past (whom I never noticed) - leaned into the window and said ' Sorry love - did you say something?'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I spluttered that I was singing along to the radio - he grinned and walked off - am not sure if he actually heard what I said (sang) - Jamie came back to find me with a face as red as a beetroot - and he laughed all the way home - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Oh and no the guy wasn't cute this time. :o

Pat (still with a slightly red face!!)

Europa
10-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Ooops forgot.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/29499-BirthdayWagon.jpg

SUE AND IMAGENIE

leverettfinn
10-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Morning Washer buddies....
I've been out of commission for a while....Had surgery last Tuesday to solve a "wimmen" issue that was troubling me :rolleyes: ...feeling better and almost back to normal....well....my normal :eek: ....just don't make me laugh or sneeze! :D ....Good to be back! Will go check out the gallery quickly!

Lauren

artmom
10-27-2004, 09:09 AM
I just had to share this! Muppet in her UT finery on Game Day!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/11722-Muppet_in_UT_Garb.jpg

Lyn

Sharon Douglas
10-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Well we`ve done it again. :rolleyes:

This weeks challenge paintings are here (http;//www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226039)

You will also see next weeks challenge photo there too, it`s Andys choice this week.

Lauren, I hope you heel quickly, I`ve been in that position :( ((((((((((((())))))))))))I`m sure you need them.

Christie
10-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Morning All!

Muppet looks very cute! I put a bow on one of my dogs and another one eats it!:D

Happy Birthday Sue and Imaginie! Hope you both have a wonderful day!:)

Pat, you are too funny! I am glad that Jamie got such a good laugh out of it.:D So did I.:)

Lulu, just because JJ is not there, you do should not feel obligated to take her place when it comes to "incidents".:D It certainly sounds like you are having a good time.

Hi Char!

Lauren, congratulations on your return to normal.:)

Kate, what about "I am stuck on you" ? I have heard it used as a term of affection, but it makes me think of bubble gum and small, sticky children!:D

Uschi, I hope your dream about Jaytee painting with you comes true!

Children want breakfast now, BBL

Take care.

Starsprite
10-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Good morning fellow washers!

Chris, have you thought of trying a hair dryer to help with the drying time? I have thought of it..but am too lazy to find it and plug it in...lol :)

LOL about the ride in the police car, Lulu! I can just picture that! :D

My gosh Kev...you sure have been busy, especially after having knee surgery. My car needs a nice wash and wax. :wink2: Better get on that elephant and ride dude.... it's almost time for a painting and poem! :D

Morning Sylvia, ElleninOntario :wave: Looking forward to seeing your painting Lyn! :) Cute dog!

Hi everyone!! CRS is setting in. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Oh and Pat!!! That is hillarious about you singing that song with the window down. Don't you know that is the same song that ole Justin Timberlake was singing at the superbowl and (accidentally mind you), ripped off Janet Jackson's breast plate to expose her bare breast...right at the part of the song you were singing?! LOL!!! :D :D
Happy Birthday Imaginee and Sue Galos!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hayward
10-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Hello to all - way to many to respond too...whew.
Pat - too funny.....
Lulu - your dangerous......
Muffet - cute what a lady to cross her paws.
no clue what a Bacon Buddy is

KEV !! get off your...** and get busy (offering a pep rally for Kev)

Happy Birthday and best wishes and white lights to all those who need them {{{{{{all washers}}}}}}

Jo

laudesan
10-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone:)
My family will be wondering if it safe to let me out of NZ................ yesterday I set off an alarm when I got too close to a Colin McCahon at the Brisbane art gallery, this morning I have had a ride in a police car!!! Yes!
I got lost on my walk and along came a police car so I waved them down, and said - I've got a bit lost, I'm meant to be headed for Amazon Place. They started to tell me the way, then the police woman said 'Do you want us to take you?' So, in I hopped, forgot to put on my seat belt!!!!, and they duly dropped me off in this street. Now I can tell you that between the front and back seats there is a glass panel (presumably unbreakable) and inside the back doors there are not any handles - they wound down the window and said I had to put my hand out and open it from the outside! At least by my fumbling they could (hopefully) tell that I hadn't been in a police car before! lol

Wonder what else I can get up to in the remaining two days.......... :D
Must be something in the water in Brisbane JJ;) hehe

WOOT Lulu......

Glad to see you are holding the side up in Brisbane..... Leave some for me tho'.. LOL :D

PAT.. :D :o :D Only you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to run, Christies Parents be here soon to take us to Kananaskis.. :)

Huggles..

Europa
10-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Patty I can assure you that mine were well covered at the time........lol.

Jo - it's a Bacon Buttie - its a slang word for a bacon sandwich - over here we call sandwiches such things as sarnies - butties or a slice.

Pat

Roun2it
10-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi again,

Back from lunch and the elephant is drawn out, waiting for the sky to dry. My choice but some reason this does not inspire me, anyway I'm off and running, or what everit is you do with an elephant, is'nt it a cakewalk or something. Thaks for the kicks prods and abuse. Now then what colour is an elephant?

Sharon got your joke, ahhhhhhhhh was rude!!!!

mr sandbanx
10-27-2004, 11:11 AM
. Now then what colour is an elephant?

Orange Kevin... trust me

jaytee
10-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Uschi, I hope your dream about Jaytee painting with you comes true!

What FUN that would be. ......so Uschi, better start saving your small change for a return visit to England :) Just fancy my macro flower havin that effect on anyone :D But hey, Im not letting on what I dreamt about last night :wink2: :evil:

Kate looked at your list twice but CRS... did it include

getting stuck in ........ I got stuck into the filing/ steak and kidney pie/ weeding

I got stuck in to clearing all the wrapping for my ebay buys today to make room for some more :D had planned to pick up Mandmum & join Doug inhereford. but sky so threatening an weather forecast so dire, called it off and promised to paint ....... havent quite yet :(

Question for Kingtonians. did anyone pick up my nepcolours and other solid coloured paint sticks in error? It doesnt matter..........I can replace them. just that its driving me potty hunting for them ........ at least if I knew theyd gone to a good home I could give up looking for them :D

Christie. Im told you have some you might be willing to sell... if so, can we talk please ?

Will now go get stuck into the gallery :D

Lyn.......... wished my two looked anything LIKE as trim amd pretty as that !!!

HH&J&WLTAAAWAYTC

pampe
10-27-2004, 12:04 PM
not me, Janet...no extra room in the bags :wink2:

Europa
10-27-2004, 12:08 PM
It wasn't me - I don't even know what they are........lol.

Pat

Hayward
10-27-2004, 12:28 PM
I've been hanging out over int he drawing area for the drawing class...working with boxes this week - how fun - but the perspective is something very important to learn so I am being diligent....

anyway.....I was bored at work yesterday so I sketched and posted..
this is my daughter at a wedding..a Big Band Swing song came on and OUT SHE WENT...lol

it still needs some adjusting I know - what hey what do you want for an hour?

Jo
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/47044-hab.jpg
and the ref
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/47044-HAB-photo.jpg

madmum
10-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Afternoon friends :wave:

Had a great time wandering Hereford with Doug and Ruth, and showed them a few of the local sights. We had tea/coffee in All Saints Church, which some of you would know was the church I modelled my steeple on for the Round Robin. It's a lovely old (approx. 11th century) church with a vegetarian cafe in one end (a way to raise funds to pay for the upkeep). Doug and Ruth shared a flapjack and a slice of apple cider tart between them, I had a whole slice of the tart to myself and made it even more :evil: by adding clotted cream! Here's a pic. of Doug and Stitcher after the evidence was removed ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/10535-Doug_and_Ruth_All_Saints_Church_small.jpg

JT it's a shame you decided not to risk the journey, but I understand, if the weather had closed in earlier you would have had trouble getting home safely. I'm shocked you didn't paint though, yet another person who doesn't listen to me when I give them orders! :wink2: :p Oh and I know what you dreamt about last night! :eek: :o

Happy birthday Sue and Imagenie!!!! :clap:

Lyn, muppet looks soooooo cute!

Sharon, I love bacon butties but they don't like me :(

ROFLMAO @ Pat :D

My neighbour finally had her baby last night, I think she was 6 days overdue. She has a perfect little girl, a sister for 4 yr old Thomas. I know they were worried all through the pregnancy, as Thomas has a severe disability.

CRS has set in, so I'll leave it at that. :wave: to everyone I missed.

Hugs

Ruth

jaytee
10-27-2004, 12:33 PM
In case of frustration, press this link TO SHARON AND ANDYS PICS :D (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2849012#post2849012)

Hope mine works better than yours did S. :wink2: :D

Pam & Pat .....Pity ..... missed a nice gift there :D

Jo what a lovely girl and lively portrait sketch :)

CharM
10-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi all... enjoying my lunch... I made a beautifully rich tomatoe and roasted portobello mushroom soup... (last of the garden tomatoes and a few mushrooms left over from dinner)...

When DH came home from work this morning, he decided to poach some eggs for his breakfast (he's sleeping now)... He said "here's a nice speckled egg for you..." and I wouldn't let him cook those eggs until I photographed them... :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/20514-Eggs4a.jpg

Kev and Chris... haven't you ever heard of *pink elephants*????

Forgot to wish Imagenie and Sue a very Happy Birthday!

Pat... but... do you carry a tune??? LOL... LOL... LOL... *wiping coffee from monitor*

Lyn... Muffet looks very nonchalant about the whole thing... :D

Oh... Oh... "I got stuck in the elevator."

Little Jack Horner
Sat in a corner,
Eating a mincemeat pie.
He stuck in his thumb
And pulled out a plum,
And said, "What a good boy am I!"

Jo... lovely daughter... nice sketch...

JT... what exactly is it that you've lost/misplaced??? Are they like wc pencils?

Ruth... great pic of Doug and Ruth... you know... if you ask the staff at any one of these establishments, they will very happily take pics of ALL of you... :evil:

*weaving* to everyone...

Europa
10-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Char - me carry a tune??? - of course - just ask the Kington lot about my rendition as I wandered down the road from the pub one night......LOL.

Great pic Ruth - glad you all had a good time.

Talking of food - yum!! - we are being taken out tonight for our evening meal - it's our neighbour Jim's celebration for his 80th birthday - only up the road to a local pub but the meals are reasonable and very good. Seven of us neighbours have been invited - except his next door ones - he hasnt spoken to them for over 6 months - some dispute over a shared driveway - oops!!

Oh well better make a move - though there isnt much you can do with perfection!!! ROTFL :evil: :D

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!!

Pat xxx

Christie
10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
What FUN that would be. ......so Uschi, better start saving your small change for a return visit to England :) Just fancy my macro flower havin that effect on anyone :D But hey, Im not letting on what I dreamt about last night :wink2: :evil:

Jaytee, I had a dream last night that JJ and Alan moved to Canada!:D

CharM
10-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Jaytee, I had a dream last night that JJ and Alan moved to Canada!:D

Christie!!! JJ told me on the phone last night that she and Alan would LOVE to immigrate to Canada!!!! :music: doo, do, doo, do; doo, do, doo, do :music: (think Twighlight Zone)...

Christie
10-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Christie!!! JJ told me on the phone last night that she and Alan would LOVE to immigrate to Canada!!!! :music: doo, do, doo, do; doo, do, doo, do :music: (think Twighlight Zone)...

Hmmm, if I have suddenly become psychic, I wonder if I can come up with some winning lottery numbers...:D

pampe
10-27-2004, 03:06 PM
TODAY IN MONTANA (http://www.webcambiglook.com/many-glacier.html)

ANOTHER (http://www.webcambiglook.com/lakemcdonald.html)

and MY TOWN (http://www.dayspringacademy.org/webcam/bigmtn.html)

mustcreate
10-27-2004, 03:28 PM
afternoon Washerbuds!!

well, I'm back from Calgary and what a great afternoon we had yesterday at Christies!! good food, good company and good laughs - what more could you ask for? :) it was loads of fun painting together and discussing various art related stuff with like minded people....WetCanvas is terrific!!!

beautiful views Pam!!

on my drive home I stopped off at Best Buy and found some new guitar music to paint to.....I am very anxious to get painting this afternoon. :)

happy birthday Sue and Imagenie!!

here's to a creative day for all

em

maryrose
10-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Kate...Your word challenges always stick with me for the day :D

How about:

The winning gymnast absolutely stuck her dismount!

artmom
10-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Happy Birthday Sue and Imagenie!!

Yes, Muppet is a very laid back dog at times!!! :D

Lauren, glad you are about back to "normal."

Lyn

Starsprite
10-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Jo...great drawing!!!!! I sure could use some practice drawing too. Your daughter looks like she is having a great time! Swing band music ...fun to dance to!!! :)

Great pics Pam!!!!! What beautiful country you live in!!!

mr sandbanx
10-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Patty Love how you change your signature line ten times a week!

I will be down in the basement, cleaning up after my elephants. If anyone needs me, SHOUT! I will show up sooner or later!

Oh the things you will do
and the things you will see
are nothing compared
to an elephants modelling fee!

As always fond regards,
Sandbanx

pampe
10-27-2004, 09:23 PM
INCREDIBLE VIEW!!!

*watching the eclipse*

mr sandbanx
10-27-2004, 09:34 PM
INCREDIBLE VIEW!!!

*watching the eclipse*

I was just about to say the same thing Pam. It cleared up here for me!

By the way, those are some fabulous photos you posted! Lucky you.

Chris

Starsprite
10-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Be quiet...it's cloudy here... I can't NOT see the moon dang it!!!

I narrowed my sig line down to 2 Halloween critters instead of 3... is this better mr sandbanx sir? LOL I love Halloween!!! Can you tell? :)

mr sandbanx
10-27-2004, 10:17 PM
No Spritey I am not surprised. In fact not much you do surprises me! Too bad you are missing it, its almost full eclipse now.

Chris

CharM
10-27-2004, 10:39 PM
We saw the eclipse too!!! Breathtaking!!!

amaze_1101
10-27-2004, 10:41 PM
AWWWWWW MANNNNNNN!! Do we down under get to see it tonight too?? :(

Starsprite
10-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Elaine...I'm pretty sure it's worldwide... but you better hurry and get out and look or you will miss it. It's raining here in Kansas sooooo can't see the eclipse. :crying:

amaze_1101
10-27-2004, 10:53 PM
I was just kidding spritee. There's no way we can see it here as its full daylight right now. lol

mr sandbanx
10-27-2004, 10:53 PM
AWWWWWW MANNNNNNN!! Do we down under get to see it tonight too?? :(

get your own moon Zealish!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

one elephant down, two to go and its almost 11 pm!!!
as always fond regards...

Chris

Starsprite
10-27-2004, 10:55 PM
I was just kidding spritee. There's no way we can see it here as its full daylight right now. lol

LOLOLOL!!! Geeezzzzzzzz ...I forgot you're clear on the other side of the world and it's daytime there. Nevermind.
:D

amaze_1101
10-27-2004, 10:58 PM
get your own moon Zealish!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

one elephant down, two to go and its almost 11 pm!!!
as always fond regards...

Chris

The pressure is on. Mind you don't blow your top! Elephants can make such a big mess ya know!

I got my own moon buddy and its a BIG one! :D :D :D

maltman
10-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Be quiet...it's cloudy here... I can't NOT see the moon dang it!!!

Just so you don't miss out.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/48302-mooningbarts.gif

amaze_1101
10-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Just so you don't miss out.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/48302-mooningbarts.gif

And a very nice one you have too Brian, but it isn't as BIG as mine! lol :D

Starsprite
10-27-2004, 11:19 PM
LMAO Brian!!! Now I don't have one! LOL Veerrrryyyyy funnny!!! :D

What time IS it there Elaine??

amaze_1101
10-27-2004, 11:24 PM
What time IS it there Elaine??

Almost 4.30pm on Thursday patty

Starsprite
10-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Elaine..that's just really hard for me to imagine...you being that far ahead in time than me. I'm bout ready to go to bed, it's 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday here. You've done already had breakfast and gone to work and came home! :wink2:

Malty..... I bet mr. sandbanx will recognize your little moon guy... lol :D

amaze_1101
10-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Elaine..that's just really hard for me to imagine...you being that far ahead in time than me. I'm bout ready to go to bed, it's 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday here. You've done already had breakfast and gone to work and came home! :wink2:

Malty..... I bet mr. sandbanx will recognize your little moon guy... lol :D

Yeah its amazing really Patty. But we are really in the same time, it's only different on paper, the callender.