PDA

View Full Version : Fave Artwork and by who.....

rokstar
08-02-2000, 11:35 PM
hey people im just interested in what u people r into and what artworks and which artists anywas have a great day and i hope to hear from heaps of you's!!...mine are Monet.boticcelli.van gogh and heps more ...see yas..

dzspag
08-17-2000, 11:52 PM
okay rok...i am a bum...maybe your question was too broad...but i'll have a go at it...favorite artists...van gogh..cezanne..
winslow homer...because of the creative use of color to imply mood...and the technical ability . i don't care for the modernists or abstacts hanging in the cleveland museum of art on the whole...i think it is basically the idea of the emporer's new clothes...someone says...oooo...that is great art...and so those who don't understand don't want to seem stupid..so they say...yes...that is great art...and some museum buys it for millions because it has been said it is great art...but it is great art...some is creative and daring and fresh and new...and some is just a big old con. hope lots of people join in here.

sgtaylor
08-18-2000, 12:00 AM
Cennini… who left nothing behind but the secret of how it was done.

blondheim12
08-18-2000, 08:20 AM
Favorite Artists:
DeKooning, Milton Avery, Francis Bacon, Hiram Williams, Van Gogh, Manet, Vuillard, Bonnard, Camille Pissaro, Turner,Homer, Edvard Munch, Sargent, Alex Katz, Wolf Kahn, Wayne Thiebaud, Jim Dine, Mark Rothko, Ver Meer, Ingres, Goya to name a few.
Favorite painting at the moment: The Scream by Munch.

Linda

------------------
www.lindablondheim.com (http://www.lindablondheim.com)

[This message has been edited by blondheim12 (edited August 18, 2000).]

Maria
08-27-2000, 06:21 AM
Edvard Munch's "The Sun" is one of my all time fave paintings (I guess not as famous as his "The Scream").
Munch is one of my fave artists as well. Another is Alexander Roslin, Swedish painter from the 18th Century, famous for his way to paint clothes (velvet, lace etc) extremely realistic and eyes that make the portraits look alive. I've always wondered if Roslin is famous outside Sweden at all??
Then there's Monet, Renoir, Gauguin... Difficult to pick out a few fave artist, I like a lot! Don't have any faves in abstract art though - there it's more about certain paintings where I like the colors, not certain artists.

animal
08-27-2000, 10:48 AM
my favourite artists are carl brenders,Robert bateman,terry isaac,and john seerey lester, who all do wildlife art

arteitaliana
09-04-2000, 02:02 AM
Cezanne, Monet, Rembrandt,Tiziano,Annigoni, Sorolla,Modigliani,Caillebotte,Dufy, Toulouse Lautrec....and many more. Generally all the ones that can draw and paint well!!
I am a conformist. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/wink.gif

arlene
09-04-2000, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Rita Monaco:
Cezanne, Monet, Rembrandt,Tiziano,Annigoni, Sorolla,Modigliani,Caillebotte,Dufy, Toulouse Lautrec....and many more. Generally all the ones that can draw and paint well!!
I am a conformist. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/wink.gif

Picasso, Matisse, deKooning, etc...all could paint and draw well.

They just chose to change the way we perceive our realities.

------------------
http://www.artdebut.com/arlene0.htm

CT
09-05-2000, 07:21 PM
I'm a little surprised that not one mention was made of Velasquez....my favorite. Maybe we're both just a little old fashioned. Velasquez has been in the "top three" for the past three hundred years, or so, but times are achangin' fast.

CT

Take a look at "The Water Vendor" and "Woman Cooking Eggs"...when you get a chance.

lori
09-06-2000, 07:55 AM
hi...my favs include...
dekooning, picasso, cezanne, kahlo, christopher brown (studied with wayne thiebaud), franz klein, motherwell, krasner,
larry rivers...who told me once that if you want to be a painter you have to PAINT! not talk about it...it was quite an honor to meet him and he definately changed my life and the way i paint.

but i also have to add, i'm most influenced
by music when i paint. especially miles davis and the way that he uses space and color to communicate in his music. i always list him as my #1 influence. i suggest trying to paint to "bitches brew", you'll see what i mean! also, john zorn, ornette
coleman, john coltraine, and arvo pärt...
a modern composer from estonia. to name a few...

AmyH
09-29-2000, 04:06 PM
Lucian Frued, Jenny Saville, Francis Bacon, Bruno Schultz, Rico LeBrun, Goya, Van Eyck, Bartlett, Welliver, Schiele, Klimt, Dory, Cummings...Oh God, there are just too many.
AmyH