PDA

View Full Version : A walk around my Town - Wokingham - (fast loading)

RogerPf
10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
It was such a sunny day that I took my Camera with me as I walked in to my local home town -

http://greatnetideas.com/temp/2004-10-26__Wokingham

The ones at towards the end use the fish-eye lens.

If you have a slow dial up the best way to see them is to click the first icon and then keep clicking the *NEXT* link at the top of each page and NOT to go back and see the icons.

HINT
====
If you can't see all of the picture then (IE users) PRESS the F11 key. :) also try closing any side panels in your browser.

License
======
Non-commercial
---------------------
Any member of WetCanvas is free to use my photos for any non-commercial use of any kind, an acknowledgement, where appropriate, would be appreciated. (Please do not bother with avatars etc)

Commercial
----------------
Any member of WetCanvas is free to use my photos for a *SINGLE USE* in producing a single piece of work. (E.g. for a one off painting to sell.) In this case, an acknowledgement *IS* required, (e.g. put something on the back of the picture), AND in addition you need to notify me when you first realize that you may want to sell the work, (a WetCanvas PM will cover this requirement).

For multiple finished pieces (e.g. doing a painting and then printing a set of note-lets), please contact me, I am sure we can work something out. (For serious commercial work I can provide any image in high def 3072 x 2048 16 bit)

--
Roger Pf

hopefulbucky
10-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Roger, what a lovely town you live in, looks absolutely charming. You need to get those paints out you have plenty of material right in your own backyard. Thanks for sharing your town. Lovely

P.S. Received the disk the other day. Thank you.

Kate Mc
10-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Wow, Roger! I'm comin' to visit YOU!! :wave:

What a gorgeous place. I can see some pics for Doug, with the shadows and the bricks....!

I love the one through the lych-gate (sp?) with the fish-eye lens.

Thanks for sharing these. I agree with Judy, get those brushes out!!

Maffet
10-27-2004, 04:54 AM
:D Lol! You live really in lovely place. I love the most photo of church taken from low position so it looks like big cathedral and of course light is superb - with gold quality. :-)))))) Thank you for sharing

Europa
10-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Great pictures Roger - love the fish eye lens ones.

Pat

Pars
10-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks, Roger, these are wonderful.

artmom
10-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Lyn

yellowmatress
10-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Aaah - I lived in Wokingham until about 3 years ago. It takes me back. I now live somewhere less pretty (ie the local river has been concreted!). Thank you for sharing these.

RogerPf
10-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Gallons of thanks for the positive responses they are all a great lift to me.

I would love to be picking up my brushes but events keep theating to overwelm me. [Sigh] Nothing major but the reason I walked into town was to get vacinations for a sudden and unexpected (work) trip to India. I have never been before and I have had to rush around booking plane tickets and filling in forms and (actully I got Susan to do the filling in) to apply for a visa to Inida. On the form I had to put my mothers place of birth!.

The bathroom has just been re-modeled and I have had to redecorate it and put back all the fittings and of course my customer is strangely expecting me to do WORK :) :)

Hopefuly it will mean some good photos to share.

But I want some time to paint. :(

Thanks again for the responses they such a welcome read.

--
Roger Pf

Hayward
10-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Your pictures are wonderful - thank you so much fro sharing - I am looking and looking and still looking. What a wonderful place.

:) Jo

laudesan
10-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Ah .. wonderful !!! :)

Thank you Roger..

maryrose
10-28-2004, 12:17 PM
A-Mazing! Love those fisheye shots...food for thought :)

yahooserious
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for posting them....

Emilie

Flattwo
10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi Roger

I really enjoyed the tour around your town, its many years since I was there.

And good Cod, your fish eye lens pics are interesting...as you know strong vertical subjects are required for this format...great stuff

Henry

Pars
10-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Gallons of thanks for the positive responses they are all a great lift to me.

I would love to be picking up my brushes but events keep theating to overwelm me. [Sigh] Nothing major but the reason I walked into town was to get vacinations for a sudden and unexpected (work) trip to India. I have never been before and I have had to rush around booking plane tickets and filling in forms and (actully I got Susan to do the filling in) to apply for a visa to Inida. On the form I had to put my mothers place of birth!.

The bathroom has just been re-modeled and I have had to redecorate it and put back all the fittings and of course my customer is strangely expecting me to do WORK :) :)

Hopefuly it will mean some good photos to share.

But I want some time to paint. :(

Thanks again for the responses they such a welcome read.

--
Roger Pf

Roger - not wanting to be an ole hen, I wanted to query whether you were advised to take malaria prophylaxis
for your trip to India. I worked in the malaria research field for more'n a dozen years, so it crossed my mind that you neglected to mention tabs along with your vaccinations. Malaria is still among the hard hitters!

http://www.traveldoctor.co.uk/tables.htm

Enjoy!

RogerPf
10-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I wanted to query whether you were advised to take malaria prophylaxis for your trip to India.

Zoe - How kind of you to think of my health -yes - I have boxes of tablets Chloraquinine and Proquariel enough for the week before the trip, the trip and a month after. I leave on the 12th Nov. I wonder if the world we will know who is going to be the next US Priesident by then. :) :)

Susan and I happend to be in Florida four years ago :) :) Somehow I don't think a close thing this time will be good for anybody anywhere. Too many lawers all posied to strike. Anyway, I should not be turning this into an 'election' thread. :(

--
Roger Pf

Pars
10-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Roger - so glad you have the tabs. Everyone in my lab experienced one bout of non-human variant malaria - it wasn't pretty :( - but me. Perhaps I am immune.

And these elections have caused a massive number of unroars among friends and foes alike. I am hoping for a new President :evil: but don't tell the opposition or we'll start a WC riot :cat:

Be safe, travel well and most of all enjoy. India is a fascinating place and take some "elephant" pictures for Kev and Chris.

Sandy1
10-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Thank you! What a beautiful place.