PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished painting...

digistyle
11-04-2001, 08:28 PM
...Abandoned is more like it. This a portrait of a local artist named, Hector Vega. Its taken from a magazine photo. This was created with hard pastels and blended with tissue. I couldn't figure out where I should go from here. I'm not sure if I'll get back to this one, but any suggestions would be helpful for my next project.

digistyle

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2001/vega.JPG

amanda
11-10-2001, 10:36 AM
First of all I want to say that this has the makings of a good pastel painting. I tend to work in layers, making sure the first layer isn't too blended. If you give your painting surface a coat of fixitive you should be able to continue layering. Is that a paintbrush in his mouth? I think you should work on some more of the details of his mouth a bit more to fill in some of those white gaps. the forhead and skin colour is coming along nicely.

digistyle
11-11-2001, 12:11 PM
Amanda,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. As I mentioned, I doubt if I'll continue with this piece. It was on regular drawing paper as practice. I've since purchase some Mi-Tientes paper and will keep you suggestions in mind as create my next piece.

digistyle.