PDA

View Full Version : Don Johnson portrait

Emsal
11-04-2001, 02:57 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2001/Dj.jpg

I'm particularly pleased with this portrait, which started out as a sepia drawing and ended up with me deciding to colour it in using three Conte pastel pencils. Comments appreciated.

christmascarolnz
11-04-2001, 04:10 PM
Hi there! I like your painting. Sure looks like Don. What era would this portrait be for him?...we don't see much of him in NZ these days...so wonder if he acts any more., and whether he's got softer around the edges -if you know what I mean ;)
Look forward to seeing more of your work...
Cheers,
Carol

Emsal
11-04-2001, 04:39 PM
Hey, Carol. This is DJ back in his Miami Vice days, which is still being shown on Sky here in the UK. I drew this from a small photo in a magazine, not a lot of detail in the photo so I'm pleased with the way it turned out. And, yeah, he is quite a lot older now!

Anna Marie
11-04-2001, 05:27 PM
Hi Emsal Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wetcanvas.
I havent been here that long and it is a great website.
Love your Don Johnson it is quite a young photo of him. What could you do with Sean Bean?
Hmmh now there's an idea I was looking for my next project!

Emsal
11-05-2001, 02:33 PM
That's a great idea. There's a lot of character in that mans face. Thanks!

wendee
11-11-2001, 02:09 AM
this is great...I remember when he was in miami vice..loved the show...lol:D

digistyle
11-11-2001, 11:57 AM
Great portrait! Nice skin tones.

BTW, he has (had?) another series called "Nash Bridges" where he plays a detective. His partner this time around is Cheech Marin of Cheech and Chong fame.

digistyle

Emsal
11-12-2001, 01:37 PM
Wendee, Digistyle. Thanks for the compliments on my picture. Loved Miami Vice but didn't like Nash Bridges.