PDA

View Full Version : Cat Nap

Anna Marie
11-04-2001, 01:37 PM
Here is a little bit of Self Indulgence I did this one for....me.
I sat out in a corner of my garden this summer and told myself I ought to have a bash at the old 'en pleine aire' stuff I wont say I knocked it up in a couple of hours because I had to keep going back to it. I did however get a touch of sunstroke. It was only a practice piece so I put it away inthe cupboard and then the other day I realised that a frame and mount I had for something else fitted so there you go.
Did my garden look this good ? Yes it looked better!

I moved a few plants around on the drawing but the Cactus really was there in a pot and maybe I should call it CAcTus Nap.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2001/catnap2.jpg

:cat:

billyg
11-06-2001, 01:44 AM
Nice one Anna Marie. Like the colour and the puddy tat.
Billyg:D :angel:

Shirl
11-06-2001, 01:49 PM
How wonderful! You will enjoy this for years to come, such memories it will hold for you. If there was anything to do different, I'd say vary some of the greens, they all seem the same (and it could be the photo, too).

Nice job--watch out for that sun!!

Shirl

auntie_chaos
11-06-2001, 02:40 PM
I should really come into this forum more often ... Some very nice work here. I really like this painting and the kitty looks so comfy surrounded by plants & flowers. :)

Anna Marie
11-06-2001, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your feedback. The Kitty is called Suzie by the way and is my best friend. Dont tell my mum but she sleeps under my right elbow at night!

Greens Shirl oh boy! did you ever hit a nail on the head so swiftly.
I would sell my soul to get a handle on making them more different( or is it differenter!). But like everything every picture I do teaches me something new and I actually now find my hand strays to all sorts of colours in my box and I understand now more than ever that there is a lot more than green in green if you know what I mean!

Thank you for taking the trouble to give me feedback its the only way to learn!
Can anyone recommend a good book on handling Green it will be with me for a long time as I tend to be an outdoors sort of person and my passion in life is to capture what is great about the countryside and outdoors so will involve lots of green or is it blue or purple or orange??

DFGray
11-08-2001, 10:18 PM
hello
thought about the problems with greens today , I was working with a grove of evergreen trees ....I rely on the complimentry colour red to set off my green so I started the piece on the brick red canson and used reds and maroons until the end when I use my green pastels sparingly for the hilights on the bows but always having trouble with greens (someone told me the eye sees more shades of greens than other colours)
regards
Dan

ptantono
11-16-2001, 11:48 PM
I would love to sit on that chair in your beautiful garden with your kitty on my lap :cool:. Beautiful day ! Beautiful painting Anna :)