PDA

View Full Version : **** Daily Wash - Monday 25th October ****

Yorky
10-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Morning all!

Thought I'd start the wash this morning as I am off to Holme Lacy for the week. Fingers crossed for the weather, may have a break from the rain tomorrow, Thursday hope to meet Madmum :clap:

Look after yourselves whilst I'm gone :wink2:

Doug

madmum
10-25-2004, 03:10 AM
Morning Doug, fingers crossed here too! Have a wonderful time, see you Thursday!

Half term this week, which means I'll be stressed most of the time. Who's got some spare vallium? :wink2: lol

This morning grocery shopping awaits, think I'll go out early so I can get it over with!

Hugs to all, back later

Ruth

jaytee
10-25-2004, 04:53 AM
HEREFORDSHIRE RULES OK!!! :evil: :wink2: :evil:

Is you meeting up to do NON-pleine-aire? If so, might move my butt to join you !!!! :D

artmom
10-25-2004, 05:10 AM
:wave: Doug, Ruth, Jaytee!

It's 5 am here. I woke up about 3:30 and DH wasn't in bed, so I thought I better check on him. He was just finishing up watching a movie! :eek: So, he's now sleeping soundly and I'm not!!! Ships that pass in the night have nothing on us!

Well, I didn't paint any yesterday, but really am going to today! :cool:

Best wishes to those in the virtual Medical Rooms.

:wave: AWAYTC

May your today be better than your yesterday.

BBL

Lyn

painterbear
10-25-2004, 06:01 AM
Good Morning all,

It is quarter to six here in Oakwood, lots of brilliant stars twinkling in the dark sky, but no Aurora Borealis (we're too far south, I think). :crying:

:music:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Jana (Maffet! :music:
Hope you have a wonderful day for your celebration and a terrific year ahead in which you paint as often as you like and have a successful beginning to your new job and company!

Doug,
Have a lot of fun on your vacation. If the weather is bad, you can always sit inside and paint! See you when you get back, we'll miss you.

Ruth,
{{{{Hugs}}}} There does come a time when your kids will stop fighting and maybe even become friends, unfortunately, it is probably a few years down the road yet. :rolleyes:

Lyn,
My DH and I operate on different sleep cycles too. I'm a morning person (did you guess?) and he is a nighthawk so we often find ourselves in the same situation you are in today. Hope you get your brushes wet today.

JayTee,
You've stepped away from the eBay auctions for a few seconds. That's good. Wouldn't want to think you had become addicted or anything.

Today is my art class in the afternoon. I'll work on my third and final pears painting—this one in an analogous color scheme. I got a chuckle out of my son the other day. I was showing him my latest paintings when he spotted the first pear one—the monochrome version. He has put in a claim for it! Evidentally he hasn't seen a monochrome study before and thought it was really neat! LOL!

Finally finished my proofreading job yesterday so will get it packaged up and return it to McGraw-Hill in Chicago today. I must say it was probably one of the more boring projects I've had to proofread. I think it is a good one that teachers will be able to use to supplement text books and I'm impressed by what kids are learning in Math classes these days. What made it boring is that it was already printed (and had been thoroughly proofread already so there weren't a lot of things for me to find and mark :evil: :wink2: ). I start a new project tomorrow which will be more interesting because this is a first reading and that is when I can usually make lots of corrections. Heh, Heh, Heh! :angel: More Math, but I'm looking forward to it.

Off to check out the new paintings in the Gallery.

Weaving to AWAYTC! (Did you get that one, Bob????)

Sylvia

BobH
10-25-2004, 06:19 AM
Got it Sylvia, thanks! :)

Good morning y'all !

The Red Sox won!! The Red Sox won!! 2 and 0.
Thankfully today is a day off for the Series. If I have half a brain (a debatable point) I'll forget about Monday night football and go to bed early.

I painted while watching the game. I finally splashed paint on the elephant. I wish I had thought to take pictures :( The paper is so big. I don't have a support big enough for a full sheet, let alone this one. So I just set it on top of the painting table and stuck a couple pieces of tape on the edges to keep it from sliding around. It hung over the edge by 6 - 8 inches! And then after I initially wet the whole surface the "hang-over" just drooped down like a piece of wet spaghetti :eek: :D Jiminy Cricket it was hysterical. I was painting with my right hand and my left was holding two brushes with different colors and trying to support this wet and droopy piece of paper. When I left it to dry a little I had to push the adjustable chair over and raise it up so I could rest the end of the paper on it. Now this morning there is a huge "double wave" cockle at the bottom of the paper. Oh my! ROTFLMAO

I also made a tracing, with grid for enlargement, for a new painting. I was very productive yesterday! I did lesson plans, graded tests, voted, cooked ribs, painted the elephant, traced a RIL picture for a painting ...
No wonder I'm exhausted... :wink2:

I think I'll stop at Jerry's Artarama on the way home today and see if they have anything I can use as a support for a full sheet. I'm thinking gator board or something similar so it's light enough.

I have to rethink what kind of paint I'm using, just from a cost perspective. I'm finding I really like painting big. But I've used almost an entire tube of Daniel Smith paint on my last two paintings. That's running into real money! I may have to end my DS experiment, just from a cost perspective :eek:

Gotta get more coffee.... Back later.

Weaving (?) to AWAYTC

billythekid
10-25-2004, 06:19 AM
Quick hello from an unusual mild Frankfurt weather (you are not supposed to have 20 Celsius end of October here). Happy birthday to Jana.

Roun2it
10-25-2004, 07:01 AM
Morning each,

Hi Pat, I like Question Time too, and am also looking forward to Michael Moore on Thursday. But you don't mention his name in the company of folks from the U.S. they don't like him as I gues youv'e figured out by now.

The dogs are so full of mud this morning it's difficult to tell which is the golden retriever and which is the black lab!! Hose pipe at the ready, 2 wet dogs coming up.

Gonna have to start the elephant soon, not looked at it yet. :eek: Started sorting the bookshelves out yesterday and I'm up to my armpits in muck, dust and books.........cough....cough. No poem, but then again didn't have one last week! :p

See ya later.

Happy Birthday Jana http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/23314-dog_popping_out_of_gift.gif

droll13
10-25-2004, 07:22 AM
Good morning everyone. 4:15 AM here.

Woke up at 1:45 AM, couldn't get back to sleep, checked emails, worked on a couple of calendars I have going. Now I'm gonna try to catch a nap.

But first, wishing you all a good day, and a Happy Birthday to Jana.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/23514-Birthday_Hats.jpg

I played around with PSP a bit, adjusting colors & saturation on a pic I took at soccer game this morning. Kind of fun. In case you're into this sort of thing, here is the original pic, and 2 that were manipulated:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-492F.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-492F_adj-01.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-492F_adj-03.JPG

BBL

artmom
10-25-2004, 07:52 AM
:wave: Sylvia, Bob, Billy, Kev, Dave!

Great photos, Dave!

Many Happy Returns, Jana!

Lyn

Uschi
10-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Gray Sky again!!!

I had a very enjoyable time with my brunch bunch yeterday. Today going to pick up dicta machine to work on my little jobbie. I'm also on grandson alert - he was coughing a lot yeterday and daycare may want to send him home, if so, Oma to the rescue!!! So I better make this quick since nobody can phone me as long as I am on WC - dial-up!

Happy Birthday Jana!!!!!

Doug - wishing you wonderful weather for your vacation.

Sylvia - did you ever post your monochromatic pears??????

Bob - chuckling at your painting descrption!

JJ and Alan - I wish, I wish, I wish you sunshine for your visit to Banff!!! Lucky Ducks!!!

Char - great pick for flowers - they are still alive and looking good!!!!!

Waving to everyone and sending good thoughts!!!!!
Uschi

CharM
10-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Good morning Washers... after 7:30 and it's STILL dark... I'm so glad that we'll be "falling back" to Standard Time in a week...

Yesterday's weather started out beautifully sunny, but quickly clouded over and was raining by the afternoon... so... no gorgeous sky lights last night...

I painted for awhile yesterday... then we attended a Birthday Party at my neice's home, honouring her new hubby, my Sister and my nephew!!! Three birthdays within a couple of days of each other... Lots of cake and ice cream... :D

I made Shepherd's pie for dinner last night, cleaning most of the leftovers out of the fridge... Feeling just a tad guilty about offering that for Sunday Dinner, I did throw a pecan pie together... Whenever I have extra pastry, I roll it out into pie shells and freeze them, so it was pretty quick to put together...

It's back to the grind today... Boys are off to school and DH is still sleeping (he'll be on nights starting tonight)... There is something to be said for routine...

Wishing Captain Jana a very Happy Birthday!!!

Doug... I'm sure you've left by now, but wishing you a good holiday nonetheless!!! :wave:

Hi Ruth... I hate grocery shopping, too... I'm lucky though, 'cause my DH enjoys it and does ALL our shopping for me!!! Mind you, I have the dubious pleasure of trying to find a place to put it all when he gets it home...

LOL... JT... half the time I need a translator to figure out your posts!!! I think you're planning/hoping to meet up with Doug and Ruth... :D

Lyn... wet those brushes... wet those brushes... wet those brushes... :D

Hi Syl... I always like it when my kids abscond with one of my paintings... I'm anxious to see the three different compositions of your pears... I'll bet they're gorgeous... How's the roofing????

Bob... I almost spit my coffee on my monitor reading about your Elephant adventures! I don't have a large support for full sheets either... that's why I don't paint that large... ok... that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :D

Dieter... we call that Indian Summer... enjoy the warmth... it won't last long...

Hi Kev... Michael Moore is nothing short of controvsial... I was really disappointed to learn that "Bowling for Columbine" was manipulated to such an extent that it has precious little validity... Your non-poem was quite poetic, btw... :D

Hi Dave... those textures are wonderful... interesting manips... hope your back is feeling better...

Uschi... I loved the intense colour... are you painting them????? If so, can't wait to see what you come up with...

Wishing Christie et al (family and Aussies) tons of fun at Banff!!! It's such a gorgeous place... expect to see loads of pics!

Well... it's taken me far too long to type this... I need to get working...

Sending good thoughts and positive vibes to all...

Little Old Lady
10-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Greetings :wave:
Ditto to what Char said. she is so thorough!
Gray here this morning.
Happy Birthday Jana!
Nothing special today. Art League meeting this evening.
JoAnn

Europa
10-25-2004, 08:31 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANA!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/29499-birthdayflowers.gif

Doug - have a safe journey - keeping fingers crossed for good weather for you.

Ruth - don't envy you the grocery shopping - yeuch!!!

JT - get your butt out of the chair woman - ebay can wait!! :p

Lyn - woohoooooo so glad you are going to wet your brushes - have missed your paintings bud!!

Sylvia - I would never have guessed you were a morning person...lol

Bob - that's just tooooooo funny - must admit I dont have a large surface for paper either - thats why mine are small size.

Waving to Billy. :wave:

Kev - hmmmmm yes I did get that impression of the Americans' views on Michael Moore......lol.

Dave - great pics - may just snag them - havent painted a tree in yonks.

Uschi - '...Today going to pick up dicta machine to work on my little jobbie.' - ROTFL - oops sorry for laughing but jobbie has a different meaning over here (mainly in Scotland)....and if you knew it you would laugh too......ROTFL ( oh am sorry really - I just can't help laughing!!) :evil:

Char - oooooh send some pecan pie over here - pleasssssssssse!!! :D

Ooh A QUESTION - you know that board that is used to back chests of drawers etc - is it chipboard or something - well Jamie has taken his apart and I have rescued the sheets and was wondering if I painted them with something like an emulsion to give it a base - do you think I could use it to paint on or not?? Think I may give it a shot as an experiment.

Right off to do some work - accounts day today - so love and hugs all around.

BBL

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Maffet
10-25-2004, 08:33 AM
:D Thank you very much for your wanderful greetings :-)))))

Hope you have wanderful days too, I am sorry that I cant read wash and be on wetcanvas like before, but I hope that all will still soon :-) I am just only visiting, read only small fragments and dont write, but you know I love you all :-)

I dont know why, all gifts I recieved were made only from chocolate. So when I counted all I get. It's nearly about 1,5 Kg of chocolate!!!!! O god. I cant ate it alone!!!!! There was some big box of belgium (which is now half empty :evil: ) big pack of "student's" (JT knows that :wave: ) and another a another.... oh! And I still have two big stick of cadbury's with orange. Next time you will meet me, I have to be on diet from all that sweets.

Only non-chocolate gift was from my mum, who gave me very interesting book about Leonardo and I found there a lot of interesting sketches which I never seen before in any other books. :D

Thank you once again ..... yours
Jana

Roun2it
10-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Pat your question about the board, you can paint on anything.

I would use an acrylic primer to seal it. Acylic gesso is best for this , you can get it from all sorts of art shops.

Jana keep quiet about the choccy or Pat will be there!!

Ellen in Ont
10-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Morning everyone,
I haven't had any time for doing more than skimming through the washes and the gallery lately. Between work, finishing the garden before it is covered in snow :rolleyes: , painting classes, painting club meetings and workshops, and occasionally time for sleep, I haven't had any extra for participating here. I am lurking though and enjoy knowing what everyone else is up to. :) I love reading about JJ's adventures and hope for lots of snow for her to get the full effect.
Gotta run and do some more on the still life for Tuesday's painting class before I plant the bulbs and get a nap before nightshift tonight.
Happy birthday Jana.
:wave: to everyone and AWCAT.

Cathie Jones
10-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Happy Birthday Jana!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/23460-happy-birthday-yellow-on-black.gif

painterbear
10-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi All,

Just bopping through quickly before starting to get my package ready for FedEx to pick up.

Uschi and Char, I'm waiting until I get all three versions of the pears finished before posting them in one thread so you can see what a different effect each color scheme makes on the same subject.

Char, I told Kent that he couldn't have it until I finished the series. LOL! What I thought was funny was that he blew passed my more elaborate paintings and gloamed onto the most basic, simple one I had around. He did like where I was going with my pour painting too, even though I think I may have blown it. Still going to finish it though.

No new roof yet. We had a lot of rain last week which set the roofer's schedule back some. This week we are supposed to have more rain on Wed., Thurs., and Fri. so who knows when we'll see him. Sure glad we worked so hard to pick out the color and style of shingle we wanted. LOL!

Char, as you so often do, you've put into words so clearly what I was thinking that it is easier to quote you than compose my own message:

"Michael Moore is nothing short of controvsial... I was really disappointed to learn that "Bowling for Columbine" was manipulated to such an extent that it has precious little validity..."

I've read numerous stories that he used the same tactics in his latest screed "Fahreinheit 9/11"— distorting, manipulating, twisting people's words and events to prove his thesis, even ripping off his title from Ray Bradbury's book. It is disappointing to many of us that the Europeans seem to have adopted him as some sort of "artiste" to emulate and give awards.

'Nuff said, I was brought up not to discuss politics and religion at the dinner table and I guess I should extend that to say in public forums too. Sorry if I've offended anyone with my opinion.

Pat, You can definitely use the backing board. Just slap a coat of any kind of paint on it first (I like Latex because it cleans up so well), then have at it.

Bob, Go to Home Depot or Builder's Square and buy yourself a sheet of plexiglas in the size you need. Should be under $10 and you'll be able to use it for large size paintings from now on. It is lightweight and can be carried around quiet easily. I have one that is large enough for a half-sheet and I think it was $6.00.

Jana, Wonder why everyone thought of chocolates when buying presents for you. LOL! You burn up so much energy with your manic activities, I doubt you have to worry about your weight.

ScarletLake
10-25-2004, 09:42 AM
HI Everyone

Enjoying the morning as son sleeps in. No school here today.

I will be doing laundry, cleaning my bedroom & grocery shopping this afternoon. Have to get things ready for my first day at new job tomorrow. I am to meet up with my new coworker at 9:30 am. They said wear comfortable shoes. Lots of touring through the hospital.

Happy Birthday Jana

Bob - I have gone to Home Depot, Lowes etc & bought plexiglass to use as backboard for watercolor paper. You can have them cut a sheet down into various sizes. A whole sheet of it is pretty big. It works great for doing watercolors.

Sylvia - Didn't it pour buckets on Saturday. DH & I went to Fairfield Mall in Beavercreek. Also went to some furniture stores, Barnes & Nobles, & Michaels. Michaels has the best looking frames. I did find a twin bed for my oldest sons room that we are working on.

Char - I'm not fond of grocery shopping either. Seems like there should be a better way. Do you have any trips to Springfield, OH coming up?

Well off to get started on the day

Anita

Starsprite
10-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Mornin! Monday mornin to be exact...bah humbug!! I don't do Mondays!!! Second cuppa coffee and still not awake.

Doug, while the cat's away...the mice will play. :wink2:

Pat!! To the Nash thread with you for explanation of word "jobbie". :D

Kev you best get busy with the elephant painting!!! Times a wastin!! Mr. Sandbanx was done a long time ago, had his massage and is chillin for the next challenge. :)

Happy Birthday Jana!!!! A birthday song for you... :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/6385-Pink_Panther.gif

jaytee
10-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Little Miss Maffet
Sat on a taffet
Drinking a glass of champagne

What is a taffet
Please dont laugh at it
Its a huge great pile of chokie boxes that Jana got for her birthday :D

MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO OUR LITTLE REDHEAD !!!!

I got off my butt and have painted . .....and posted............. so has Olga !!!!!!

THERE. bet that suprised you.........

OH . .....and WHAT CHAR SAID ^^^^^^^ :wink2:

painterbear
10-25-2004, 10:13 AM
HELP NEEDED ASAP! FROM SOMEONE IN THE UK!

Just reviewing my list of corrections to the books I'm returning to publisher and realized one of the problems cited the "British pound" to be compared to other items.

Are you still using the monetary term "pound" or have you switched over to the "Euro" like the rest of Europe?

Need to know as quickly as possible so I can get this baby marked up if necessary.

Thanks,

Sylvia

Roun2it
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
We never gave up the pound

And one for all you Red sox's fans.

Why did the elephant wear red socks?

Because his others were in the wash...........Bum, bum....

OK so I've started the elephant painting........I'm sorry but there are more like that....much more.

jaytee
10-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Sylv......... in conversion tables its usually listed as GBP for Great Britain Pound , I guess. certainly not great British pound :D

and were hanging onto that baby with all our might :D

mr sandbanx
10-25-2004, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=Starsprite]

Kev you best get busy with the elephant painting!!! Times a wastin!! Mr. Sandbanx was done a long time ago, had his massage and is chillin for the next challenge. :)

QUOTE]

I don't recall any massage... did that Malty stand in for me again? I wondered why he did not show up at the golf course!!!!

My favourite Elephant joke:

What is Gray and sings the blues?

Ella Phantxgerald!

Chris

Europa
10-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info on the backing wood - am going to cut it down to more manageable pieces.

Jana - as a friend I dont like to think of you piling weight on eating all that chocolate - so I will put my body on the line and come over and help you finish it. :evil: :D

Star - ooooooh no - couldnt do that!! :o

Sylvia - yes we still have the good old pound - Europe might think they can take away our miles and pounds and ounces but they aren't getting their hands on our Pound!!!!

Pat

OOh forgot my favourite elephant joke.

Big bull elephant wandering through the jungle - comes upon a mouse in it's path. The elephant bends down and says 'Mouse - why are you so small'

And the mouse looks up and says 'I've been ill!' ROTFL - oh it cracks me up every time that one......LOL. :D

droll13
10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks Lyn (re pics)

Char, nothing at all wrong with Shepherd's pie - it's one of my favotites. My son makes it using seasoned ground beef (sometimes adding coffee crystals for an interesting taste), corn, mashed potatoes, and grated cheddar cheese. Glad you liked the pics. My back has been much better lately; thanks for asking.

Pat, feel free to snag any of the pics; just promise to show us the results.

Sylvia, I happen to agree with you about Michael Moore. On a somewhat related note, I'm really getting tired of "celebrities" getting air time to support their favorite politician. Like I really care about (just as one example) Richard Gere's political views.

Good idea about plexiglass. I may dash down to my local Home Depot and see what I can find. But I think I'll wait until I hear from my framer that my small sketch is ready to be picked up - with gas near $2.40, I try to consolidate errands.

TTFN

Starsprite
10-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Haaaa haaaaaa...you guys are tooo funny!!!!!!

Here's some more REALLY funny ones... :wink2:

Q: Who weighs 6000 pounds and wears glass slippers?

A: Cinderelephant

Q: What did the cat say to the elephant?

A: Meow.

Q: Why did the elephant cross the road?

A: It was the chicken's day off.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/6385-two_elephants_walking_md_wht.gif
:D :D :D :D

About the massage...Chris..... sorry...thought it was you! LOL :eek:

maryrose
10-25-2004, 12:01 PM
So it appears that political discussion IS allowed in the Wash?

No wagging fingers or suggestions to 'take it to debates'?

CharM
10-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Just popping for a few minutes at noontime...

You're right Mary... a couple of comments do not a discussion make... but... if anyone reallly wants to voice their opinions concerning the Michael Moore issues, or any other politically related topic, it belongs in the Debates Forum...

I apologize for disrupting the flow of the wash...

I knew we were going to end up with elephant jokes sooner or later... :D :D :D

Hi Anita... I'll be down sometime in the near future... I have to arrange my schedule around that of my incumbent... He'll be following me around till next summer, trying to absorb 18 years of experience into 9 months of training...

I needed to exchange 280 Euros the other day... worked out to $437 Canadian!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: That's the cost of Magoo's skiing trip, lessons, lift tickets, etc., etc., etc. Considering that it's for one week, I didn't feel that the price was bad, but was shocked at the difference in money...

Hoping to catch a few minutes in the Gallery... bbl (I hope)

jaytee
10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
So it appears that political discussion IS allowed in the Wash?

No wagging fingers or suggestions to 'take it to debates'?

LOL. ......I think there's more hot air been generated by who's winning the ******(football/ baseball/ netball) than has been blown in here so far........... except of course for support for the ££££££ :wink2: :evil:

Its the heat that gets them fingers a-wagging.......... IMHO

but I'm watching yooooooooooooooooooohoooooooo :wink2: :D :p Yep, all of you.............that little red triangle's only a finger's push away :evil: :evil: Then the WRATH OF RICH will descend .......... :(

Uschi
10-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Taking a quickie break from typing, but not from the computer :D

Thought I'd cheer myself up with a quick read through the wash and maybe a peek in the gallery.

Still gray here - that makes it 10 days straight :rolleyes:

Pat, When I was living in England I always had a chuckle at how the British would refer to the "Europeans" - (You guys ARE European :wink2: :D

Char, just imgine how bad the exchange would hve been before our dollar went up. I am in shock, I thought Magoo was just going along with them and would maybe have to pay for the lift tickets????

JT - naughty, naughty!!!

:wave: Uschi

Europa
10-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Pat, When I was living in England I always had a chuckle at how the British would refer to the "Europeans" - (You guys ARE European :wink2: :D
:wave: Uschi

OH NO WE'RE NOT!!!!!!!!! (said in my best pantomine audience voice!! :p )

LOL

Pat

painterbear
10-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Good Afternoon all,

Just buzzing through before starting dinner. Turkish/Greek Moussaka tonight with eggplants from our garden as the base. Yum!

Thanks to all who answered my question about the British Pound. I was able to insert a note in the workbook where it was mentioned before packaging the books to go back to the publisher.

:( Seems that I have offended some of you by airing my opinion of Michael Moore in the Wash earlier. You are right, this isn't the place for political discourse and I know better, I shouldn't have let my emotions rule my head. I apoligize to anyone I have offended, and I assure you, it won't happen again.

Didn't get my pears finished today. I'm having a difficult time using yellow, yellow-green, and orange-yellow (my analogous trio) to achieve darks, so Nita said I could use one complementary color along with the analogous ones. Maybe I'll be able to get it done tomorrow.

SYall tomorrow.

Sylvia

Europa
10-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Well seeing as it was I who mentioned Michael Moore - you certainly did not upset me with your comments Sylvia - I know that everyone has their own opinion and I respect that - I did not mention him to cause any upset or be political in any way but just to point out why I was interested in watching the programme he will be on.

All I can say is - 'Don't get me started on Margaret Thatcher!!' :evil: :p

Pat :D

Ottersong
10-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Just zipping in to share these beautiful maple leaves with those of you who don't happen to have access to them. Mark went out and picked them up for me this morning, they are still so wet they don't have any curled parts yet. My little helper is here washing woodwork for me so while she is here I am going to try and get some of these leaves drawn up, wish me luck, my drawing sucks. I posted a row boat painting in the Wde's today, drawing was off of course, guess I had better practiice more.

Hope all are doing well and not getting snow bound, we supposedly have a big rainstorm moving in tonight that will dump a bunch of snow in the mountains, not cold enough to snow here yet and hope it doesn't any time soon.

Love Otter
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/37889-FALL_LEAVES001.jpg

maryrose
10-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Good Afternoon all,

Just buzzing through before starting dinner. Turkish/Greek Moussaka tonight with eggplants from our garden as the base. Yum!

Thanks to all who answered my question about the British Pound. I was able to insert a note in the workbook where it was mentioned before packaging the books to go back to the publisher.

:( Seems that I have offended some of you by airing my opinion of Michael Moore in the Wash earlier. You are right, this isn't the place for political discourse and I know better, I shouldn't have let my emotions rule my head. I apoligize to anyone I have offended, and I assure you, it won't happen again.

Didn't get my pears finished today. I'm having a difficult time using yellow, yellow-green, and orange-yellow (my analogous trio) to achieve darks, so Nita said I could use one complementary color along with the analogous ones. Maybe I'll be able to get it done tomorrow.

SYall tomorrow.

Sylvia

Sylvia..I wasn't offended by your quasi-political comment...just surprised that noone mentioned it....and wondering why that was.

I've often felt sorry for folks who've been reprimanded for offering up a political thought in the Wash.

I regret any " :( " I may have caused in my comment...and will dutifully go back to lurking.

(I do hear the cheers!) :clap:

Faafil
10-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Had to zoooooom through to wish Jana a Happy Birthday!!!

Home from work, and now have to start paperwork for DH that I didn't finish :( - it's going to be a loooooong night. He is fixing dinner tho, so that helps a bunch! :D

Will try to catch up with y'all later or tomorrow...

Sending 11 hugs !

ML

laudesan
10-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Uschi, we had a beautifully sunny day in Banf. Had a fantastic time, I am in awe of the Rockies. WOW.. to live so close to such beauty.. AND on wednesday we are beeing taken to Kananaskis by Christies Parents. How lucky are we !!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET JANA Sorry I am late..

ML I sent you a PM and an email. I don't think the email worked tho'...???

Otter, those leaves are just beautiful!!!!!!!

Char...ouch!!!!

Oh this mac..;) it is sooo slow, I am not used to using a mac for sure.. I am outta here.. :D

Huggles everyone..

Stay safe, and well...

Faafil
10-26-2004, 01:08 AM
JJ - I can't believe that was you on the phone !

I am here to tell you all that JJ has the lovliest voice!! :)

Anyway JJ - sent you an email (didn't get one from you), and will copy the email into a PM just in case...

See you Thursday!!

11 hugs everyone!

ML (back to the paperwork)