PDA

View Full Version : First Expression Drawing in 2 years

Elvira
10-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Tonight I decided it was time to dig out Expression again and actually practice.

I created the flower in Expression 3 then made a stroke brush from it. I had orignally made a vase using effect lines but when I took the image into PSP 9 I didn't like it so I used elispe selections and gradient fills to create a new vase, in PSP. It isn't much but I've made a begining.

Edie

jay_khemani
10-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Well it's a lovely welcome back.. great work there Elvira

Jay

Yako
10-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Looking at this image my initial first impression of this software changed a little bit. I didn't look the hard look of the images i obtained (i didn't play much with it, i couldn't get engaged with it). It seemed more like a software for designing things more than for pure art work.

Elvira
10-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the comments. If this link works here ios an example of some realy different stuff possible with this amazing program.
http://www.pixelparity.org/index.php?topic=2329.0

Expression is a vector program you can actually paint with so far I haven't mastered that technique, and probably never will. But at leas it is a vector program where I can get results without too much frustration. LOL
Edie

Yako
10-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the link, it's a good example of what can be achieved in expression. Doesn't seem difficult to achieve, for what i see all the trick lies in choosing the right set of brushes. The artist had a lot of imagination painting A. Einstein, it had a very painterly look.