PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: ATC November

Penny220
10-24-2004, 09:05 PM
A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: ATC November
Project Leader: Penny220
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: Always
Maximum participants allowed: Unlimited

Description:

Welcome to the Project! Every one is welcomed to participate. All skill levels are welcomed; all media is welcomed and any style goes!

Artist trading cards (ATC for short) are tiny works of art that you create for trade with other artists. It has been around since 1997 and has taken off very well. (see links for more info on its founder).

There is only one rule:

The cards must be 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches. Or 64x89mm. Basically the size of a baseball card, other trading card or a poker card. That way people can store them in a trading card album.

That’s about it for rules. On the back of your card you give it a signature; title of the card; contact info; and whether the card is an original; series; or a limited edition card.

The sky is the limit. Every medium can be used. It is only limited to your imagination. Drawing, collage, oil, acrylic, watercolor, ink, stamp, colored pencil, photography, digital etc. Just to name a few. And don't forget that this is not limited by style either. All styles, realism or abstract are equal here.

The purpose of this project is to have fun with your creativity; your abilities; to experiment; to recharge your creative energy when your feeling down and out about bigger projects; to share your work with others, and to build your collection of each others art. In short it is art for us, not them. The project is anything you want it to be. That is the beauty of the ATC card. My purpose is to spread the word at WC, because these cards, which I have been making in my spare time, have done so much for me in many ways that I simply cannot keep them to myself.

There are to many resources on the web about ATC's to count, but I have added five links, which seem to be the most useful. But if you would like all you have to do is type "ATC cards" in your search engine. There is a lot of info out there.

The best way to start is to just do it. Jump right in and the rest comes easy. They are made on sturdy card stock, Poker cards etc. There are also templates on the web, but sometimes using a poker card or a commercial playing card as a guide is all that’s needed.

If you don't quite understand I encourage you to follow one of the links and see for yourself. Also there is a wealth of examples of other people’s cards on the web. The title image is an example of some of the cards I've created.

Any cards that have yet to be traded in the last ATC project please re-post in this months ATC project.

Enjoy!

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_details&proj_id=777)

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

gallery318
10-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Any cards that have yet to be traded in the last ATC project please re-post in this months ATC project.

Are we going to have to upload all our untraded cards every month? Is there a simple way to transfer these over besides entering each one all over again?

Seems like an awful lot of work that I wasn't expecting.
:(

Avie
10-24-2004, 10:21 PM
I know, I just did mine. Not fun...

Avie

Penny220
10-24-2004, 10:31 PM
It's the best solution I have to give at the moment. Is it possible to scan the cards in on a single sheet and upload many cards as one item? Please post your thoughts here http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225419 so we can work the bugs out. I am trying my hardest to help but I'm grasping at straws without input.

Mary Woodul
10-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Penny, I believe you have a pretty good solution there that will not be a burden to anyone.

lisilk
10-24-2004, 11:00 PM
The best way to start a new forum for ATC is to do what the Wearable Arts folks did. Start a poll in site discussions and present it to the powers that be...Scott. As some of you know, Scotts father passed away suddenly last week so it may be a while before he can get to it. Have a link to the poll in this forum, then all of the participants can go to the poll and present their needs to the administration.

Li

Gudrun
10-24-2004, 11:04 PM
I think its a good idea to do the project monthly...I need a break from ATC anyway for a week or two, have bunches to do and I guess we ATC insider know about the "old" former ATC project here or you can we tell newbies about...so if somebody wants to trade, we can tell just to look also into the other project...or we upload again, I guess its everybodys own desision
Anyway, good idea, othe ATC pages do that same way....

uncertainid
10-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Start a poll in site discussions and present it to the powers that be...Scott
Hi, Li and thanks for the info. I did indeed post over at site discussions several weeks ago, but didn't get a whole lot of response from "the powers that be". Didn't think about posting a poll, however I think the mini art people had posted one and it didn't seem to be getting anywhere either, if memory serves.
Completely understandable that folks are busy....and deepest sympathy to you Scott, on the loss of your father.
We are a ditzy lot over at ATC, but we are patient. I for one am thrilled that changes are happening for us. Yes, it's gonna be a pain to repost our entries, but lets face it, the old thread was way out of hand.
Don't know how I'm gonna like a monthly thing, but it's a start and Penny deserves many :clap: :clap: s for helping us out the best way she knew how.
sara

Avie
10-24-2004, 11:17 PM
It is nice to not have to scroll down through the many, many, many traded cards of some members (who have lots of them) to get to their newest ones but at the same time new comers might like to see the full gallery of past works already traded. I am going to keep a link on my sig. to my old gallery as well as the new one.

Avie

lisilk
10-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi, Li and thanks for the info. I did indeed post over at site discussions several weeks ago, but didn't get a whole lot of response from "the powers that be". Didn't think about posting a poll, however I think the mini art people had posted one and it didn't seem to be getting anywhere either, if memory serves.
Completely understandable that folks are busy....and deepest sympathy to you Scott, on the loss of your father.
We are a ditzy lot over at ATC, but we are patient. I for one am thrilled that changes are happening for us. Yes, it's gonna be a pain to repost our entries, but lets face it, the old thread was way out of hand.
Don't know how I'm gonna like a monthly thing, but it's a start and Penny deserves many :clap: :clap: s for helping us out the best way she knew how.
sara

Sara

I believe the mini- arts folks ARE getting a forum soon. It takes months to make these changes. I still think a poll would work esp. if you include a link to the first ATC so they can understand the volume of interest.

Secondly, IF you get your forum, all related projects and threads could be assimilated. Keep trying ! :wink2:

Li

uncertainid
10-24-2004, 11:20 PM
I am going to keep a link on my sig. to my old gallery as well as the new one.
Great idea, Avie! Now....if I can just figure out how to do that....
looks lost, scratches head, wanders off.......
sara

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 12:06 AM
OK LI, you talked me into it.
I just posted a poll over at WC site discussions. Everyone please pop over and let 'em know how we feel. go to the poll here: (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225459)

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 03:07 AM
I know, I just did mine. Not fun...

Avie

..and after two hours trying to upload my untraded ATC's in again, I am giving up for tonight. Dinner calls. Am half way through. Vanessa

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 03:10 AM
It is nice to not have to scroll down through the many, many, many traded cards of some members (who have lots of them) to get to their newest ones but at the same time new comers might like to see the full gallery of past works already traded. I am going to keep a link on my sig. to my old gallery as well as the new one.

Avie

Oh Avie, what a good idea. Especially in light of how long it took to enter the long descriptions of my cards...
But HOW do we / I provide links to our old ATC's like you have?

Vanessa

anney
10-25-2004, 04:46 AM
Hi gang!

Just uploaded my untraded cards. I found it convenient to have two windows, one to upload, and the other browsing my portfolio from the previous project so that I can copy the previous description and paste it as a new description. It may be easier to delete the entries from the previous project that are in the new one, not sure, I did that only for the last one.

Anne

jlloren
10-25-2004, 06:41 AM
Hi guys! This place seems a bit lonely. I guess the others are still finding their way.

There's always pros and cons about changes so I'd rather focus on the advantages. I think it will now be easier to monitor new uploads and catch the drift in the discussion threads.

I just uploaded my only remaining untraded card (it's actually nice) and a new one (pencil drawing of another nude).

Hope to "see" everybody soon.

Joel

jlloren
10-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41140

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/18482/tn_window_%233_schoolhouseresize.jpg

Hi Kathleen! I don't know if you got to read my comment in the other thread but I said I really like this windows series of yours and was wondering if you won't mind if I used them for my next ATC posts. I'll probabaly do them in watercolors.

Cheers!
Joel

gallery318
10-25-2004, 08:32 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41140

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/18482/tn_window_%233_schoolhouseresize.jpg

Hi Kathleen! I don't know if you got to read my comment in the other thread but I said I really like this windows series of yours and was wondering if you won't mind if I used them for my next ATC posts. I'll probabaly do them in watercolors.

Cheers!
Joel

Hi Joel--

Sorry I didn't get back to you about using the windows for future ATC work. :rolleyes: Busy weekend for us.

I have created these windows as original compositions, printed in a limited edition of 8 and I plan on developing a series of window photo cards with other additional photo shots.

I'm not sure what the "collector" perception is of having a composition or design copied in a different media by another artist. Maybe someone else can comment on that, as I don't know much about what the etiquette is when it comes to that kind of thing????? :)

Would it change the value or originality of the photo series???? Just a thought. :D

I'd welcome others opinions on this, as I am not familiar with what is acceptable here. Thanks! :wave: :D

Avie
10-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Oh Avie, what a good idea. Especially in light of how long it took to enter the long descriptions of my cards...
But HOW do we / I provide links to our old ATC's like you have?

Vanessa

I did this in a PM for Sara and I am going to post that PM here so you (and others) can do it too.

Linking your sig.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. go into 'my WC'

2. Click on Edit Signature

3. then click onto that little world looking icon with the chain link lookin thingy in front of it. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2004/6644-createlink.gif

4. in the little box that opens at the top type in what ever you want your text to say, like
Sara's ATC gallery

5. Then min. your screen with the little minus sign at the top left corner of your comp. screen.

6. open a new web screen by clicking your internet icon again and go to the webpage you want to link to in WC (or any where else)

7. Highlight the entire web address at the top ( the http://www.whateveritis) and right click on it. then highlight the word 'copy'

(don't click on that I was trying to give you an example)

8. close that screen with the red X at the top left.

9. reopen the other screen at the bottom by clicking into it.

10. delete the htt:// in the open box

11. right click in the box and highlight paste and click onto okay.

12. click onto save changes and you are done

see how easy.... 12 simple steps to your linked sig.

Avie

debee'
10-25-2004, 08:59 AM
I only had 3 to do and not a lot of wording. If I had a poem to attach to it I would edit the new upload and add that then, now we're talking about some time. I feel like I'm starting over. I was halfway up the production ladder :(

anney
10-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41143

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/48971/tn_Sweet_attraction_%231.jpg

That's lovely indeed, I want to see it IRL! I immediatelly PM you to get it and go back to the production desk!

Anne

Avie
10-25-2004, 09:09 AM
I only had 3 to do and not a lot of wording. If I had a poem to attach to it I would edit the new upload and add that then, now we're talking about some time. I feel like I'm starting over. I was halfway up the production ladder :(

Debee
Anne is right it is easier with the two windows open, aslo copy and paste everything you can. It goes much faster.

Avie

Avie
10-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41117

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/43267/tn_ATC15-nude_torso-final.jpg

This one is also so lovely Joel, I think we all apreciate well done nudes here at WC. Yours are very delicate and sweet.

Avie

gallery318
10-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Joel--

Sorry I didn't get back to you about using the windows for future ATC work. :rolleyes: Busy weekend for us.

I have created these windows as original compositions, printed in a limited edition of 8 and I plan on developing a series of window photo cards with other additional photo shots.

I'm not sure what the "collector" perception is of having a composition or design copied in a different media by another artist. Maybe someone else can comment on that, as I don't know much about what the etiquette is when it comes to that kind of thing????? :)

Would it change the value or originality of the photo series???? Just a thought. :D

I'd welcome others opinions on this, as I am not familiar with what is acceptable here. Thanks! :wave: :D

Hi again!

Joel, after considering this and speaking with other ATC collectors who have already traded for this particular composition, I would rather protect my personal design and not have it used for future ATC creations by other artists.

I hope you don't take offense to this, but I think the general perception is that photography is an artistic creation, and as with a painting, one would not copy someone else's design elements.

Does this make sense? I am soooo flattered that you like this window series. I hope you enjoy viewing them or perhpas trading for one. :)

gallery318
10-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41117

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/43267/tn_ATC15-nude_torso-final.jpg

WOW--- I wish I had the skill you have with graphite. This is lovely Joel. :clap: :clap:

Avie
10-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41153

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/6644/tn_mushroomATC10-25-04.jpg

I just finished this for my first recipe ATC. PM me if you want to trade.
Avie

Pilan
10-25-2004, 10:34 AM
There have been several threads started all in the name of making the ATC better. I can appreciate and want to see this grow. However, now it is getting very cumbersome and confusing. I don't know what thread to click on and read or participate in. Until it is straightened out, I am not going to be able to participate. I will finish up my trades but seriously folks its best to keep it simple. I would suggest to think a couple of times and then again before starting a new thread for ATC. If not, the continued threads we are supposed to follow will drive people away eventually. All Gudrun wanted was a place to get the important information and a sticky for ATC would be sufficient until this is thought out thoroughly.

P

Are we going to have to upload all our untraded cards every month? Is there a simple way to transfer these over besides entering each one all over again?

Seems like an awful lot of work that I wasn't expecting.
:(

gallery318
10-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41153

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/6644/tn_mushroomATC10-25-04.jpg

AVIE!! Such a lovely ink ATC... This is very nice! I love the fluffly dandelion.

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone who has managed to connect over here.

Look I am really grateful for the work of those involved in 'updating' us.
Unfortunately, I am so computer dyslexic that I cannot even follow Avie's kindly provided (also by Anney) "simple 12 step guide" to having an easy link to my ATC gallery show up each time I post here.

It has taken me so long to just get used to the old ways of the former ATC project, that I am totally demoralized trying to get to grips with the new.
I haven't got as far as using twink on the computer screen, but I have come close.

This is the only project I ever signed up for, and I have loved every minute of it...the online friends I have made, the way it has opened my creative flood gates (but not my purse too much).

However, I may have to step down soon as it is just taking up hours, mucking around on the computer, and I am not achieving what I hoped.
I may have to retreat back into my closet soon and just create art for my home / myself.

Sorry. Being heinously unwell and hormonal at present doesn't help either.
Vanessa aka the
:evil: Black Pearl

Avie
10-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Vanessa,
If you have your pictures (of cards left to trade) saved on your computer then I would just upload them into your new gallery in the new project. If not, I would rescan them or photograph them and upload into the new gallery. Hopefully the powers that be here in WC will come up with a solution to the older gallery crisis here in the ATC thread and future forum. The ATCer's who were a part of the old thread know where to find the older gallery and we will just have to inform any newbies to go look there too. Don't give up! We are all going to make it through the bumpy transition together d--- it. ops sorry Potty mouth again, darn it..... :evil: Avie

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi Vanessa,
If you have your pictures (of cards left to trade) saved on your computer then I would just upload them into your new gallery in the new project. If not, I would rescan them or photograph them and upload into the new gallery. Hopefully the powers that be here in WC will come up with a solution to the older gallery crisis here in the ATC thread and future forum. The ATCer's who were a part of the old thread know where to find the older gallery and we will just have to inform any newbies to go look there too. Don't give up! We are all going to make it through the bumpy transition together d--- it. ops sorry Potty mouth again, darn it..... :evil: Avie

Thanks for that Avie. Yep. I have rescanned and uploaded the little selection I have left. Just lost the long descriptions as can't be bothered. Ciao BP.

PS Can you believe this...look below. I have figured a four step way to do this (some angelic person behind the scenes has simplified the signature editing process for me/us...thank you kiss kiss kiss).

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 12:43 PM

Debee', we are on the lower rungs together. It's cool.
My great grandmother always used to say, "quality not quantity".
But hey. We'll produce more.
:cool:

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41152

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_givemewings.jpg

This is my latest offering, and first new submission under ATC November.
Rather symbolically appropriate ey.
It is already spoken for though, sorry.
Black Pearl

Morganna
10-25-2004, 01:37 PM
I just wanted to let you all know. Because I know you don't know. That I did not agree to this. Penny never Pm'd me about any of it. She unceremoniously shut down my project, shut down our thread, and basicly stole, took over, Im don't even know what to call it, the project, without so much as a peep to me. She went way over my head. I find it disrespectfull, an over use of moderator power, and down right wrong.

Yes somthing needed to be done about the size and volume of the project, but I should have been consulted on this, as should have the people who have devoted thier time to the cards already there. The people who've i've directed to the project that will find themselves locked out, the people who are away from the comptuer and will come back to see themselves locked out. "The people who now must move thier cards over"

I for one will not move my cards over because I will not trade with you penny or be apart of "your" project. All you had to do was talk to me and we could have colaborated togeather. Heck, If you wanted to be apart of the ATC project all you had to do was join up, and if you didn't like how I was running things, you should have made your own. Im not the owner or creator of ATC cards. There is plenty of room for every body.

If you had a problem with me personaly you should have emailed, or pm'd me.

Im not sure what im going to do as of yet. But im not joining your project Penny as you have totally disrespected me, and there for I have no respect for you.

Morganna

gallery318
10-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Debee', we are on the lower rungs together. It's cool.
My great grandmother always used to say, "quality not quantity".
But hey. We'll produce more.
:cool:

Yes, I see this as the biggest loss...the production list. I think it was fun to see the long history and the wonderful numbers that Black Pearl and some of the other veterans had created. I don't like having to refresh everything all over again each month. I like to see the old cards theat members have done also. Besides, some of these are a series, and I like to see them together... ahhh well... change, change, changes?????

Strange how they come in and just blast the changes on the entire thread... slam the door----you're link is now CLOSED... what the hey???? Ah, but who's complaining???? :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Glad you have your link fixed back to your old cards Black Pearl!!!! Way to go--you are getting to be a real computer pro now! :clap:

gallery318
10-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41152

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_givemewings.jpg

Brilliant BRAVO... you are wonderfully creative! Love it!

MeikaM
10-25-2004, 02:12 PM
I have to say that I am not too happy with how this has been handled either. Morgana started the project and her name should be up there as project leader. Why wasn't she consulted? I also dont see what the point of this new thread is. It has none of the technical info related to size, trading method, and all the other helpful hints the original project thread has. People can still chit chat in this thread just like the former thread so how is this any better? Its just more of the same. It solves none of the problems that have cropped up. It does manage to alienate people, create confusion, and further confuse those who were just getting the hang of things. It also creates more work for people having to move cards over and for what? So Morgana can be a guest to her own project? Suddenly threads are popping up left and right and next thing you know she gets steam rolled over on her on own project! I'm not suggesting that this was a deliberate slight but it was in poor taste nonetheless. This doesn't sit well with me at all. It just isn't right.

Morganna
10-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Thank you MeikaM

I don't really know what to think of it all myself, I have just been left confused myself. Im every bit as confused as you.

What eles confuses me is that why was Anney's thread left unacceptable, yet, now there are three, that are no different.

No, I won't be a guest, I just wont' be apart of it. If you want to talk about stepping all over folks toes, this was the grandaddy of toe stomping.

Like I said before im thinking on what Im going to do at the moment. SO penny, Do me a favor and don't go over my head again.

Morgie

gallery318
10-25-2004, 02:21 PM
People can still chit chat in this thread just like the former thread so how is this any better? Its just more of the same.

Yes, I believe I made this point when this first came up. We are going to chit chat regardless of a new thread. Doesn't make any sense. If people wanted to skip the chit chat and only concentrate on the trading... then there was always the Browsing Final Entry page to view new numbers and see who added new cards---trading could then be arranged one on one through private messaging and if the person didn't feel like wading through the "chit chat" then, they didn't have to bother. They could just watch the final board if they had too many things going in their life. But to complain about excess chatter---well, what of that??? Is that not allowed at wetcanvas??? Someone fill me in.

Some people like the chit chat. Now, the board is all messed up. I don't get it.

I was new and I found my way around the messages (didn't matter to me if there were 2000+ or not)... I don't see what the big deal was all about. I was happy with what it was.

Just my 2 cents.

gallery318
10-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Thank you MeikaM, I can't say that I agree more.

I don't really know what to think of it all myself, I have just been left confused myself. Im every bit as confused as you.

What eles confuses me is that why was Anney's thread left unacceptable, yet, now there are three, that are no different.

No, I won't be a guest, I just wont' be apart of it. If you want to talk about stepping all over folks toes, this was the grandaddy of toe stomping.

Like I said before im thinking on what Im going to do at the moment. SO penny, Do me a favor and don't go over my head again.

Morgie

I support you Morgie, whatever you decide! Sorry to see it has been so rudely handled.

MeikaM
10-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Morgie, obviously I am behind you on this 100% You created something wonderful and you didn't deserve to be ruthlessly stepped over regardless of the intent. Like gallery318 said, this didnt solve a thing. Browsing final entires was working just fine for me. We wanted a seperate area in an attempt to courteously avoid squashing other sections down to the bottom. I would have voted to leave things exactly as they were if I had known the result would be a total lack of courtesy towards you. I'm very sorry. :(

Penny220
10-25-2004, 03:12 PM
An explanation of what happened and why.

I had been approached both on the boards and via PM to do something well, I did. I was told by the people of ATC that they needed help and I offered mine the only way there was to help. I asked the participants of ATC for suggestions and none were given so I was forced to act.

I closed Morganna’s ATC project, not to be mean and posted the link to the new project. If you note, the new project is identical to the old one. Because “I” created the project my name appears as the project leader. Morganna is still the project leader of the new thread if she wishes to be. That was never my intent. I lacked an explanation of that in the new project, for that I apologize. At the same time I created the new project, I also opened the think tank thread so that issues could be brought forth and worked out. Because ATC is running 24/7 there is not real quiet time to do this and I had to do create and close all of these at the same time to prevent total interruption and confusion of your project.

I’ve been trying to help you from the beginning but I am getting nowhere. My exclusion of Morganna was an error but not an oversight. I did not have time to look up her user ID while doing the other 6 things at once. Again, I am sorry. No toes were meant to be stepped on, I have only been trying to help.

Morganna, the ATC project is all yours, it was never meant to be anything different.

Penny

debee'
10-25-2004, 03:38 PM

This is incredible!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elankat
10-25-2004, 03:41 PM
sara

Sara is correct. As I mentioned before in Site Discussions, things have been very hectic for Scott and other staff members. New forum requests and solutions always go through Scott and he has to do all the work to put them together. When the original suggestion was posted, we were also in the middle of one of our quarterly staff shuffles, which is very time consuming for us. Unfortunately, some things have been in a holding pattern while more critical issues were addressed. If only we could clone Scott, we would be SO happy! ;)

We'll be starting on the next staff shuffle within the next month and this is typically when we look at forum changes and additions, such as the Miniatures forum and ATC issues. I'm sure we will be discussing them. So, the best thing to do is for everyone to give input into the Think Tank thread or in the Site Discussions thread.

To others, I'd also ask that they keep in mind that Penny was not trying to step on toes or hurt anyone's feelings. She has an obligation to make sure the Mixed Media forum runs smoothly and was trying to help get a solution for the problem that is within her powers. There was no malice and no intention to take any glory from Morganna or anyone else. :) Being a moderator is not always an easy or fun job and none of us is perfect. All Penny was trying to do was help get things organized and prevent Mixed from being over-run with ATC threads (which would not be fair to non-ATC participants).

At this point, it would be best if you would all just try and come up with positive solutions and suggestions so the needs of the ATC participants can be addressed. :D Thanks so much to everyone for their continued patience.

anney
10-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41162

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/48971/tn_sunset.jpg

This is beautiful Debee, as usual! It looks like a miniature pastel.

Anne

weckster
10-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Thank you MeikaM

Morgie

Man...A lot has happened in the last 24 hours. I was happy to chat anywhere.

I am gobsmacked that you weren't consulted.

But to all of us, Morgie, you are the grandmother of all ATC sites (GAAS) (You just need to age a bit now). Be P*%^&)*(&^@# for a little while, but try to come back. Gross insensitivity shouldn't stop you being part of your baby.

MeikaM
10-25-2004, 04:03 PM
I could point out all the reasons why that explanation isn't valid but in the interest of moving on I wont. I'll just say that how this should be handled is ultimately up to Morganna and whatever she decides is fine with me.

Pilan
10-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Could we please the next time a change is needed take a bit longer and give people a chance to digest it. Any polls about those changes maybe should be left active until things are settled as well.

I still don't know what changes I have to do to get my cards in the right place. What is the directions now, please?

Gripe threads are very depressing too me. I just want to create and trade ATC's.

Thank you,

Peace, cheers and happy atcing! :wave:

Pilan

Morganna
10-25-2004, 04:24 PM
My point was that I've never recieved a pm before all was shut down. Not, and I repeat, not who's name was on it. Whats in a name. Not a darn thing. My name is Shannon, although I prefer Morganna. I could care less for glory, The only thing I cared about was that people were trading, folks who were in a painting/drawing/ect rut were making art again. Folks were getting there kids involved, thier friends involved. Thats what I cared about.

My only point was, talking to me would have been nice. I compleatly disagree with the action of closing every thing down, but what is done is done. We have been patient for the fourm and was having fun anyway. What some folks may not be aware of is that all the folks wanted was one more thread.

By the way ATC is mixed media. Otherwise I would have opend the project on the creativity fourm. Its helped many people get thier groove back. Other than that I don't know where eles would have been a better place to put it. If people feel put off that I opend the project in mixed media. Im sorry and it won't happen again.

Nuff said, I supose. Happy trading guys. Get on with it. Move on, be good

Peace out guys,

Love

Morganna

Morganna
10-25-2004, 04:27 PM
A gripe thread is no more depressing than seeing your project shut down.

Ok, Ill shut up now. THat is the last, last ill ever say on the matter. Honest.

Morganna

MeikaM
10-25-2004, 05:07 PM
So is there any reason why we cant reopen Morgies original project thread and continue on as we were?
Morgie perhaps you can add something to the first post of the original thread directing people on how to use the final entries gallery to see everyones ATC's?
Is there any reason why we cant continue to use that thread for comments and discussion and have one thread that is strictly for people to upload their newest work or post a link directing people to it?

gallery318
10-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41162

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/48971/tn_sunset.jpg

Did I mention that I love orange??? :) :cat:

PPurrrrrrrrrrrrrring wildly.

Beautiful card!

Pilan
10-25-2004, 05:10 PM
this is exactly what I propose. open the old one back up and let it go until a better solution comes long, ie. get our own forum.....

i am really discourage about this now. :(

i dont understand the links now. do I have to go resubscribe to join the project? my picture link is going back to the thread Penny closed. I am very confused. please give me/us directions on what we are now supposed to do if you want us here :(

Omalley
10-25-2004, 05:26 PM
i dont understand the links now. do I have to go resubscribe to join the project? my picture link is going back to the thread Penny closed. I am very confused. please give me/us directions on what we are now supposed to do if you want us here :(

yip, you have to join the new ATC project and re-upload all your untraded ATC's I'm in the process of doing that at the moment! it helps a bit if you have 2 windows open as suggested earlier, that way you won't need to retype everything! just copy your original text and paste into the new description! you still have to re-upload your images thought! have fun :-)

Pilan
10-25-2004, 05:31 PM
also, the people I have referred to my daughter and my neighbor who is a new wc member will be confused.

this whole thread title is not for trading, but says discussion.... now all there are here is mostly complaints and not the happy chit chat and trading.

Penny, please go and use your authority to open the old thread back up. We are exactly back where we were before the original thread went to the top of this forum.

Thank you, Pilan

Penny220
10-25-2004, 05:39 PM
The "powers that be" are working on the situations. I turned it over to them this morning.

Pilan
10-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Well, at this time I am not going too. Not anything against you omalley at all. We seem to be back in the same place where we were before, but worse off because of all the unhappy people!

Where is the instructions and directions to the project. I say give it back to morganna and leave her alone. The more I think about it the more upset I get. there was not earthly reason for this to happen what so EVER!

There was no earth shattering reason to change and the poll was not left up long enough to even give a decent opinion.

so, now you have to go back and subscribe every month to join this atc project???? because next month will say Decemember ATC, thanks but no thanks!

sign me,
slow steaming Bull who has seen the red flag! :mad:

yip, you have to join the new ATC project and re-upload

all your untraded ATC's I'm in the process of doing that at the moment! it helps a bit if you have 2 windows open as suggested earlier, that way you won't need to retype everything! just copy your original text and paste into the new description! you still have to re-upload your images thought! have fun :-)

Omalley
10-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh and don't forget to change the links in your signature if you have them!! make sure you edit it to point to your new gallery! you can still leave a link to your original gallery!
Pilan :-) all project threads say "project discussion",
regardless of what has been done, this is still our thread to chat and trade through as we did before! that at least hasn't changed!

Morgie :wave: we know who our project leader is!!!! I hope you will continue to do so! take care

Pilan
10-25-2004, 05:47 PM
i nor anyone else should have to change any links..... i refuse to do so in my stubborn state of mind :mad: !!! it should be changed back and left alone until Scott becomes available!

Oh and don't forget to change the links in your signature if you have them!! make sure you edit it to point to your new gallery! you can still leave a link to your original gallery!
Pilan :-) all project threads say "project discussion",
regardless of what has been done, this is still our thread to chat and trade through as we did before! that at least hasn't changed!

Morgie :wave: we know who our project leader is!!!! I hope you will continue to do so! take care

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 07:09 PM
SIGH. OK everybody, I have to take a good bit of the "blame' if there is any.
First, I pm'ed Penny and asked her to help....she didn't just wham-bam come in and start doing stuff, she was invited by me. If I was out of line, I apologize but everything I had read and heard from the ATC'ers indicated that we wanted our own forum....a place where stickys would hold pertinent info, newcommers could be properly welcomed, sick and discouraged people could be cheered up and cards could be commented on, enjoyed and traded in an organized manner. That just cant happen overnight. Common sense tells us that it has to be a PROCESS. I pm'd Penny in an effort to get the process started. She was kind enough to respond in the best way she knew how.

Second, the confusion over ATC threads was partly my fault as well. Penny pm'd me back and suggested that I post a thread in the Alt/mixed forum so that the problem could be discussed. For reasons I wont go into it took me a while to do that and I posted without looking or I would have realized that she had already done it for me since I was so long in getting it done.

At present there are basically two threads that need your attention: This new project thread which is intended as an EXTENSION of the old project thread, and the think tank thread. If you have gripes, suggestions, comments or other opinions re: the changes....that is the place to post. Penny, Chris and the other "powers that be" will be watching that thread to get our opinions. They likely WONT be checking here, because we are supposed to be doing what we do here....loving each others cards and greedily competing for trades, generally having fun.
Lastly, for those of you who havent gone there already, there is a poll posted in the WC site discussion forum. It is there as a way to point out quickly and briefly how many there are of us who do or do not want our own forum.

Everywhere I have posted I have told folks what a fun, warm and kind bunch we are over here. Lets keep our eyes on the greater goal, work together and let the entire WC site see what a deserving lot of fruitcakes we are....eh?
sara

Godzoned
10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
ohhhhh bother bother

Go away for a weekend and the place explodes.
Monthly ATC's project will help sort the looooong thread out.

I don't agree how it was started though. Asking Morgie first would have solved all the problems before it started.

All we have to do is mention the atc's that weren't traded last month in this months thread. Put a link to them in the last project. No problem.

I'll do that later. I have a little girl screaming her head off for a feed. :D

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 07:16 PM
:wave: :wave: Hey, everybody :wave: :wave:
NEW BIRDS COMMING SOON!!!!
I have a question for the group. I have been thinking of running a limited edition of some of my previous cards as color copies. I would make them a bit smaller and present them a bit differently. The quality wouldn't be quite that of the original but I'd make them as good as I can.

Question: Would this be unfair to those who have traded with me for the originals? Would anyone who has gotten one of my cards be offended if I re-offered them in this way?

Thanks for the feedback.
sara

Omalley
10-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41174

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/23038/tn_Cave_Doodle01_pv.jpg

I for one am not going to let Morgannas hard work go to waste by boycoting the project! out of respect for her I think we should continue to trade and keep this project alive!
I have re-upoaded my untraded cards an added a couple of new ones too! I've only uploaded 2 "Cave Doodles" so far but plan on making several more! they were great fun to make, I hope you like them :-)
sara :-) can't wait to see your new cards!!

Omalley
10-25-2004, 07:58 PM
I have a question for the group. I have been thinking of running a limited edition of some of my previous cards as color copies. I would make them a bit smaller and present them a bit differently. The quality wouldn't be quite that of the original but I'd make them as good as I can.
Question: Would this be unfair to those who have traded with me for the originals? Would anyone who has gotten one of my cards be offended if I re-offered them in this way?
Thanks for the feedback.
sara
I can only speak for myself here, but I see no problem in you trading copies of your previous cards! as long as you make it clear that they are copies of the original :-) afterall the person who traded with you when they were first offered has the Original! and no-one can take that away from them! :-) the only thing I think would have caused a problem is if you had mislead anyone by doing a limited edition promising only "x" amount of prints then decided to reprint more! i don't think that would have been fair but that isn't the case here! I'd be interested to see what others think of this?

MeikaM
10-25-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm with Pilan all the way. I agree with everything she has said.
Monthlies are not a good idea. The waste of bandwidth alone caused by atcs being uploaded more than once make it a bad proposition. If a person has 100 atcs this month that haven't been traded they are going to upload all 100 of them again next month? That would make it less than enjoyable. We've already seen several comments by people saying what a pita is was. What about people on dial up? Have you any idea how long it would take them just to upload 20 atcs? What if their gallery has dozens more than that? Do we want them to give up out of frustration just because they arent fortunate enough to have fast connections? It's much easier to just add them to the same gallery as we go.

Avie
10-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Monthlies are not a good idea. The waste of bandwidth alone caused by atcs being uploaded more than once make it a bad proposition. If a person has 100 atcs this month that haven't been traded they are going to upload all 100 of them again next month? That would make it less than enjoyable. We've already seen several comments by people saying what a pita is was. What about people on dial up? Have you any idea how long it would take them just to upload 20 atcs? What if their gallery has dozens more than that? Do we want them to give up out of frustration just because they arent fortunate enough to have fast connections? It's much easier to just add them to the same gallery as we go.

We only upload the ones we have not traded and so towards the end of the month I am guessing that people will be trading less so they do not have upload unneedly. Or they can put them in the thread itself to trade towards the end of the month. (it is easy to use the attachment feature) I am olny guessing here.

If I have no choice but to go monthly until a forum is ready for us I will do it.
Lets save the comments about this for the other thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225419) and try to get this one back to the Artworks, if that is okay.... I am getting a headache....
Trying not to be grouchy here..... sigh..........

Avie

Godzoned
10-25-2004, 08:39 PM
:wave: :wave: Hey, everybody :wave: :wave:
NEW BIRDS COMMING SOON!!!!

Thanks for the feedback.
sara

I wouldn't be offended but as a general rule that I have seen on other ATC web sites it wouldn't be quite right to print the cards back off again. Depends on the original people that recieved them. You may have to ask people individually that have recieved your cards.

weckster
10-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Oh.....I'm soooooo confused.................but I am working on new ATCs where ever they end up posted.

Godzoned
10-25-2004, 08:42 PM
I for one am not going to let Morgannas hard work go to waste by boycoting the project! out of respect for her I think we should continue to trade and keep this project alive!

I agree - lets just get on with this.
Is there anyway to get rid of the "complaining" posts? People may want to join up to this project but all they see is complaining and they may not want to join.

weckster
10-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41177

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/23038/tn_Ink_doodle01_pv.jpg

These are cute! :clap:

Godzoned
10-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41094

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/36273/tn_Pesca.jpg

very stly stily styley --- uggh can't spell

I like it anyways :D :clap:
Welcome to the project :wave:

Avie
10-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Oh.....I'm soooooo confused.................but I am working on new ATCs where ever they end up posted.

Hi ya Erica, Join this project and post them in your new gallery just like the other one.

Good to see ya,
Avie

Omalley
10-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41177

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/23038/tn_Ink_doodle01_pv.jpg

These are cute! :clap:
Thank you Erica :-) glad to see you found us over here! :wave: look forward to seeing your new cards :D

Avie
10-25-2004, 08:56 PM

AVIE!! Such a lovely ink ATC... This is very nice! I love the fluffly dandelion.

I somehow missed this Kathleen, Thank you..... I am ready to trade some recipe ATC's.... It is an unlimited edition so if anyone wants one I have 4 printed up already. (even if you don't like mushrooms...lol)

You don't think that I put too much in the picture? Sometimes less is more and I can't tell when I have overdone it.

Avie

Avie
10-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41157

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/48971/tn_pink_water_lilies.jpg

Delete this line then add your comments, but leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!

OOOOoooooooooooooo....
You have been busy! Very nice
Avie

jlloren
10-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi Kathleen,

Your point is well taken. I'm sorry to have caused you some dilemma and feel bad that I have brought it up at all. I hope you understand that it was pure appreciation of your beautiful work that made me think of rendering it in another medium. Enough said.

Anyway, amidst all this confusion about the original thread and the new one started by Penny, I hope an acceptable solution will be reached soon. I completely understand how Morganna felt about the sudden and unceremonious way the original thread was closed, as well as the confusion amongst those enjoying the thread (I included). But since that has been done already and cannot be undone in a away that will appeace all concerned, the most we can all do is keep an open mind and work together at achieving an acceptable compromise.

Peace everyone!

Joel

Hi again!

Joel, after considering this and speaking with other ATC collectors who have already traded for this particular composition, I would rather protect my personal design and not have it used for future ATC creations by other artists.

I hope you don't take offense to this, but I think the general perception is that photography is an artistic creation, and as with a painting, one would not copy someone else's design elements.

Does this make sense? I am soooo flattered that you like this window series. I hope you enjoy viewing them or perhpas trading for one. :)

gallery318
10-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Anney... are you here? I hope you are, because I want to thank you for the adorable cow that just made it here to the US from France!

An original potato stamping! Love it!!!! Thanks again for trading. I hope to trade again soon. Yours should be arriving soon!

cheers! :wave:

gallery318
10-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi Joel!

No problem at all... I was just wanting to make sure we protected any future photographers who may want to jump into the ATC trading. (I am not a bonafide "real" photographer--just a goofball with a camera) So I wasn't real sure how to answer your request. :)

But I thought that we might want to be sensitive to guidelines that would protect their work, so they can feel comfortable trading with us. We want to lure them in with their super photography art too!

Thanks for understanding!!!

Big hugs! :wave: :D

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 09:30 PM
I can only speak for myself here, but I see no problem in you trading copies of your previous cards! as long as you make it clear that they are copies of the original :-) afterall the person who traded with you when they were first offered has the Original! and no-one can take that away from them! :-) the only thing I think would have caused a problem is if you had mislead anyone by doing a limited edition promising only "x" amount of prints then decided to reprint more! i don't think that would have been fair but that isn't the case here! I'd be interested to see what others think of this?

Sara,
I am going to be frank here...sorry for the toes I am going to squash...
If people want to trade for copies, that's there business, but maybe just check on those who have been sent the original.

This is where I swerve off the road; I have traded for June's prints because they are computer based and need to be printed.
But, I actually don't intentionally trade for reprints otherwise.
I prefer original works.

I have made all my 80 ATC cards by hand, and they have taken me anything from 40 mins to three hours each.
This does not include my research into the topic or the time it takes me to write those long winded commentaries on the symbolism / meaning behind each card.
It has been entirely my choice, and it is entirely my opinion that a print of a work from another project, or a print that is one of many, is like tea made with a reused teabag...or for you coffee addicts, the dregs of someone else's great cuppa.

Please don't misunderstand me, this has nothing to do with the perceived quality or originality of the actual real piece.
Heck, where else could I trade my little experiements with actual professional or trained artists ey.

Vanessa

Pilan
10-25-2004, 09:43 PM
well, I am one of those who are on dial-up and it was fun before. I just want things clear and instructions on how things are going to work. So far I have not seen anyone post instructions or how things will work. So, forgive me all but, I will wait to see what the results are. As for boycotting, this is not boycotting folks. Remember the thread got closed, we got locked out of the project that we independently went and signed up for. Now, we are supposed to rejoin! No, this is not called boycotting.
I am not going to do a lot of clicking and uploading just to get the project shut down in what, 4 weeks until someone comes up with a better plan or clear simple instructions on how things will work. Until then I am not a participant.
why does life have to be so difficult :( . I just wanted to make art and trade cards.

you all carry on and hopefully the sun will shine brightly here very soon. :confused:

P

Godzoned
10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks for a chance to repost my ATC's I was thinking of deleting two of mine that I didn't like anyway. (they weren't traded - now never will be)

I have now torn them up.

thank you

But you all can see my old ATC's anyway at my old ATC gallery :D
On my link below

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 09:57 PM

This IS a lovely one Debee'. I like the purple contrast in the forest.
I am really enjoying Joel's sunset also. THought this was a watercolour / acrylic for sure. You fooled me good.
:clap:

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=Godzoned]Thanks for a chance to repost my ATC's I was thinking of deleting two of mine that I didn't like anyway. (they weren't traded - now never will be)
I have now torn them up.

Grrrr :evil: And you told me off for overpainting something... :)

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 10:00 PM

Oh June! This is wonderful!! So complex. I love it. If I weren't already in debt to you I'd beg for this one too. :D
sara

Printmakerguy
10-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41186

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_WhataDag1.JPG

That's just wrong :D :D

I LOVE it... :clap:

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 10:09 PM
If people want to trade for copies, that's there business, but maybe just check on those who have been sent the original.
Beep, thats kinda what I was doing with this post....feelling out those of you who have traded with me already to see if anyone would take offense. Its not that I want to lessen the "value" of the originals or even to slough off the hard work of doing the art, its just that there were a number of folks who wanted this or that card and I thought some of them might be interested in a "print" since the original is already gone. Also, I have an "idee" about making a type of card and I thought using a print of one of my own cards would be a good way to try it out.
I do appreciate your thoughts and comments. My toes are hard to squash. :D
sara

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41098

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_bloompod3.JPG

Beep, this is so pretty. Its like discovering a flower suddenly on a trail. I really like the little beads.
sara

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41174

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/23038/tn_Cave_Doodle01_pv.jpg

hehe. turtle tail or toddler weenie in homemade nappy? either way I like this one. good humour.
Omalley you fascinate me with your contrasts...from elaborate fractals to funky cute mod avatar, to cave doodles...and I haven't even mentioned your name...

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41128

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/18482/tn_Fractured_Garden_%232_2003.jpg

Wow! This is really lovely. This particular shade of red really appeals to me. Like cherry candy....mmmmmm
sara

Black Pearl
10-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41098

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_bloompod3.JPG

Beep, this is so pretty. Its like discovering a flower suddenly on a trail. I really like the little beads.
sara

hehe. fooled you. those 'little beads' are needle holes where I unpicked thread, as extra leaf looked too busy. but the piece is actually quite nice in real life, although I couldn't figure out a decent name for it...not being a gardener.
you are welcome to have it for a trade if keen. let me know. no hurry. v

uncertainid
10-25-2004, 10:35 PM
you are welcome to have it for a trade if keen
OOOOO you tempt me so! It sure would go well with the others I have of yours........oooooo....Ok, lets trade. I'll be posting new ones soon.
Goody Goody Goody Goody.............. :clap: :clap: :clap:
sara

debee'
10-25-2004, 10:35 PM

Love your idea here. Such a creative use of materials.

Elankat
10-25-2004, 10:51 PM
I agree - lets just get on with this.
Is there anyway to get rid of the "complaining" posts? People may want to join up to this project but all they see is complaining and they may not want to join.

You can use the "Report post" icon (the little red triangle with the exclamation point) to report each of the complaining posts. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to move them to the Think Tank thread and keep the discussion about what should or should not have been done in that thread.

debee'
10-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41184

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/36273/tn_reachout.jpg

How you cut these small wonders is unbelievable :clap: :clap: :clap:

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 01:55 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41193

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_eyeofthefrog.jpg

looking glass series.

Gudrun
10-26-2004, 01:57 AM
Since yesterday I don't get any notification via mail anymore about updates threads, nothing...more than a day now..you don't have the same problem, do yoù?

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41092

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/6644/tn_7ATC10-22-04-007.jpg

This one REALLY works Avie. I look forward to seeing it in Godzoned collection. :clap: It isn't busy, but has a lot of detail.

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 02:12 AM
Since yesterday I don't get any notification via mail anymore about updates threads, nothing...more than a day now..you don't have the same problem, do yoù?

You may need to sign up for the latest project thread again manually?

Gudrun
10-26-2004, 02:15 AM
You may need to sign up for the latest project thread again manually?

I get no notofication from any thread where I subsribed, and that are a lot...

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 02:19 AM

You got me puzzled there. If one of our whizz kid ATC'ers can't help you, I'd just email the wetcanvas help desk.
Good luck.
Vanessa

Gudrun
10-26-2004, 03:10 AM
I asked them this (german) morning ..they should be able to help

jlloren
10-26-2004, 03:18 AM

This IS a lovely one Debee'. I like the purple contrast in the forest.
I am really enjoying Joel's sunset also. THought this was a watercolour / acrylic for sure. You fooled me good.

Vanessa,
Now I will have another sunset to enjoy. I'm the new owner of Debbie's wonderful sunset. To even things off, you have to make a sunset and trade it with her. :D

Joel

anney
10-26-2004, 05:06 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41176

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/23038/tn_Paint_Dragons_pv.jpg

Cute little monsters... they make me think of my sons...

Anne

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 06:49 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41203

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_mission.jpg

Hi everyone,
I was so excited with the concept and execution of my latest series, "paua shell and prayer" that I have six ATC's newly entered.
This series alludes to the introduction of western religion to the polynesian (many) islands.
Of mixed media on black card stock.
Viewing in ATC November Gallery...link below.
Cheers,
Black Pearl

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Vanessa,
Now I will have another sunset to enjoy. I'm the new owner of Debbie's wonderful sunset. To even things off, you have to make a sunset and trade it with her. :D

Joel

Spring me a surprise why don't you!
I am next to useless with landscapes..haven't ever focused on working out how to do them. Better to stick with my simple wee collages and trade for yours
:evil:

debee'
10-26-2004, 08:36 AM
just uploaded 3 new atc's two of them recipe atc's. Gonna go to the gallery now, so you all have fun. When I return tonight I'll put in my two hours catching up on all the postings. :wave:

Avie
10-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41092

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/6644/tn_7ATC10-22-04-007.jpg

This one REALLY works Avie. I look forward to seeing it in Godzoned collection. :clap: It isn't busy, but has a lot of detail.

Thanks BP

You don't miss a thing! I noticed with the Blue Garden Chair that you really cannot see the detail of my stiches when I use one color. The stitch I usually use on the chairs I have to have two threaded needles going at the same time. (it is work just to avoid knots!) So I tried this one using a dark for the line work and a lighter color in the same shade for the locking stitches. I also aternated the colors on the seat area too. I like it better. See I learned something very valueable here at ATC!!!!! :D

Avie

Avie
10-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41209

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/48971/tn_appetizer.jpg

Looks yummy! Sending my PM right now!

Avie

Avie
10-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41193

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_eyeofthefrog.jpg

Fresh, new, lovely beading, think I going to cry...

Sorry, PMSing today
a tad over emotional

Avie :)

Avie
10-26-2004, 03:30 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2004/6644-falltreebehindwhitefence.jpg

Hi Pilan, if your lurking :wink2: I just wanted you to know this arrived today safe and sound. It is even more beautiful in person.

Thank you

and also today Couch Potato arrived :clap: love, love, love it. I also like the way you included a picture of yourself with your artist info on the back. Very clever!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2004/6644-CouchPotato.jpg

Peace,
Avie

Godzoned
10-26-2004, 03:50 PM

Go to "my WC"
click on "list subscriptions" on the left panel about 1/2 way down. Under subscribes threads.
Next to all subscriptions there is a "notification" column
Click what you want emailed to you: "weekly" means weekly "none" means none etc

next to "selected threads" click the menu arrow Usually says "move to folder"
change it to what notification you want. Weekly, daily, none, instant. Then press go.

hopefully that sorts out your prob. :D

Printmakerguy
10-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41184

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/36273/tn_reachout.jpg

How you cut these small wonders is unbelievable :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks... Working small is my specialty!! Smallest linocut to date is 1 1/2" x 2". I like the challenge!!

I have PLENTY of prints of all three that I have posted, and one more on the way. PM to trade!

-Andrew

Godzoned
10-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41206

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_currency.jpg

Wow BP you that rich you are giving money away! lol
This series is so imaginative and fresh. Fantastic!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Godzoned
10-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41160

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/48971/tn_threatening.jpg

You've really captured those clouds really well. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Godzoned
10-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41210

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/48971/tn_first_course.jpg

ohhhh this looks amaizingly delish!!!! :wave:

Godzoned
10-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41186

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_WhataDag1.JPG

That's just wrong :D :D

I LOVE it... :clap:

lol I love making people cringe!
Now how do I do a farting card :confused: :D :wave:

Godzoned
10-26-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm not boycotting the project - just having a rest for a while from making them. I have several large paintings to do and weeding to do in the garden. And it is a real mess! :o

jlloren
10-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Hi All!

I hope everything will be OK as soon as things have been sorted out. I kinda miss the good old days whne we'd have to "complain" because there are so many comments to read and at the same time make sure that we see all the new posts.

BTW, I was checking the gellery of finished works and I think Gallery318 (Kathleen) is not there anymore? What happened? :crying: :crying: :crying:

Joel

uncertainid
10-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41206

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_currency.jpg

I am loving this! The whole series is just....shall I say devine.... :eek:
Seriously I really like the way you used the interesting "art" of the coins to contrast against the background. Very creative, very cool. :clap:
sara

uncertainid
10-26-2004, 10:25 PM
I have several large paintings to do and weeding to do in the garden. And it is a real mess!
Sigh, you people from the "morning" side of the world depress me. There you are reveling in your springtime, gardens, flowers, birds, bees....
All we have up here is mountains and ridges covered in greens, golds, reds, browns, sparkling blue skies and cooler weather :crying: ( :wink2: )
Go weed your old garden then, but think up some neat new cards while you are at it, will ya? :D See you soon.
sara

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 10:32 PM

Wow BP you that rich you are giving money away! lol
This series is so imaginative and fresh. Fantastic!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks...although you would not be able to buy much with these old coins, as they are from different islands...including samoa and fiji.
I kept my rarotongan dollar, that is too special to me.
V

Black Pearl
10-26-2004, 10:37 PM

I am loving this! The whole series is just....shall I say devine.... :eek:
Seriously I really like the way you used the interesting "art" of the coins to contrast against the background. Very creative, very cool. :clap:
sara

Sara, it was YOU got me started on this...when I saw the newsprint (? ws it an old medical book) background you used for your 'Peppers in Acrylic' project piece.
These pages are from a small daily devotional of someone who may indeed have visited overseas as a missionary.
Now if I remember correctly :evil: , I have an open envelope with something else I am holding for you...do you want this added in also ??? BP

uncertainid
10-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Now if I remember correctly ,
LOL OH you are so mean!!!! LOL.
Put my name on it and if you don't find anything you like in my next batch you can let it go to someone else.
(Now I've challenged myself and I gotta go think up something dynamite :evil: )

By the way, thanks for the compliment on the peppers. Didn't get much response about them in that other place but I was rather pleased with how they turned out. I'm looking around for a scanner, I thought I might scan the canvas and turn the painting into a print ATC.
sara

Printmakerguy
10-27-2004, 02:13 AM
lol I love making people cringe!
Now how do I do a farting card :confused: :D :wave:

Let's just hope it isnt scratch and sniff :evil:

Black Pearl
10-27-2004, 04:24 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41244

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_ifbyseab.jpg

I have been thinking about these for a while.
Wanting to portray one of the types of New Zealand shorelines that I love so much.
The shore that has surf rounded boulders, fine black sand, tons of tiny crushed orange shells to walk on, and a deep blue/green sea.
It is a beautiful sight. Dangerous. Can't surf or swim. There are no shallows.
Hot to walk on in the day, but crunchy underfoot...

Black Pearl
10-27-2004, 04:26 AM

Mate, don't go giving her ideas... :evil:

Black Pearl
10-27-2004, 04:29 AM
LOL OH you are so mean!!!! LOL.
Put my name on it and if you don't find anything you like in my next batch you can let it go to someone else.
(Now I've challenged myself and I gotta go think up something dynamite :evil: )

By the way, thanks for the compliment on the peppers. Didn't get much response about them in that other place but I was rather pleased with how they turned out. I'm looking around for a scanner, I thought I might scan the canvas and turn the painting into a print ATC.
sara

Good idea. You could use the print for a recipe ATC, "Sara's gumbo" or something... :evil:

jlloren
10-27-2004, 04:50 AM
Dear Kathleen and June,

I'm pleased to inform you that I just got "Quiet" (from KAthleen) and "Fractal Fancy #4" (from June). . . both of which are so beautiful IRL!

Thanks and I can't wait for the others.

Cheers!
Joel

gallery318
10-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Dear Kathleen and June,

I'm pleased to inform you that I just got "Quiet" (from KAthleen) and "Fractal Fancy #4" (from June). . . both of which are so beautiful IRL!

Thanks and I can't wait for the others.

Cheers!
Joel

Glad "Quiet" made it safely there Joel... and I am still here, but I moved my untraded cards back into the original gallery for now. I just wanted to keep them together, as some were in a series.

I am working on some large art pieces that need to be finished for my business for the next few days. And the weather is so lovely here in Florida, I am taking more time for walks and yard work.

I do have one beaded ATC card (inspired by Black Pearl's obsession with shiny, textured things... :D ) that I am working on, but not sure when I will have the chance to finish it.

Thanks for your concern! Cheers!

gallery318
10-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41244

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_ifbyseab.jpg

Lovely new card Black Pearl... creative and the design is interesting. I wish I could see the real beach area someday! My husband has promised----whenever that will be???? Don't know, but New Zealand is my dream destination.

I haven't sent off the Cypress Trees yet, as I was hoping to finish up the little beaded card I was making--maybe I'll wait a few more days to see if I can get it done to post. :)

Jakeally
10-27-2004, 09:07 AM
OK folks.... I'm back from my holidays. It is going to take me some time to plough through all that has happened :eek: :D but for now I have moved this thread into the Project Discussions sub forum where it belongs with all the other Project Discussion threads.Here is a link to the forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113) for any that have trouble finding the sub forum at the top of the main Mixed Media Forum Page.

uncertainid
10-27-2004, 10:07 AM
OK folks.... I'm back from my holidays. Welcome back Chris. :wave:
sara

Godzoned
10-27-2004, 02:28 PM

Hmmmm goood idea! :D

Old project reopened! :clap: :clap: :clap:

MY NEW STUFF IN OLD PROJECT
CLICK HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=browse_final&proj_id=728)

Avie
10-27-2004, 04:01 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2004/6644-11-Cow_Potato_Printing_I.jpg

Not sure were to post anything anymore but anney if your out there I got my cow potato print today. Thank you I love it! :D

Avie

Black Pearl
10-27-2004, 05:17 PM

Lovely new card Black Pearl... creative and the design is interesting. I wish I could see the real beach area someday! My husband has promised----whenever that will be???? Don't know, but New Zealand is my dream destination.

I haven't sent off the Cypress Trees yet, as I was hoping to finish up the little beaded card I was making--maybe I'll wait a few more days to see if I can get it done to post. :)

Thanks Kathleen,
Don't hurry posting, I have been too crook to go and do my week's mail yet anyway. Plus, I am keeping my fingers poised over the PM trigger ... :evil:

PS. I am going to just update my cards and comment in ATC thread from now, as too time consuming slipping backwards and forwards to here. More people familiar with the old. Thanks. Black Pearl

anney
10-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Not sure were to post anything anymore but anney if your out there I got my cow potato print today. Thank you I love it! :D

Avie

Roger.

I'm happy you like it!

Anne

ErthAnngel
10-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Wow, go on vacation for the weekend and look what I miss... :confused:

anney
10-28-2004, 06:14 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41339

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/28065/tn_20041027_004.jpg

I don't know yet how to finalize this ATC. Stick on paper with acrylic gel? Sew on a piece of fabric? Any suggestion welcome,

Anne

Omalley
10-28-2004, 07:55 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41339

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/28065/tn_20041027_004.jpg

I don't know yet how to finalize this ATC. Stick on paper with acrylic gel? Sew on a piece of fabric? Any suggestion welcome,

Anne
Anney this is wonderful!! I would just tack it (sew) onto a piece of card but I'm sure anyway you choose to finish it will be great! :clap:

Avie
10-28-2004, 09:24 AM

Hi Anney!
How in creation did you ever manage to weave this small?! I am very impressed and I love the design! I would try fabric glue but what ever you try test it on another piece first. Pilan had a mentioned trying a hooked rug ATC, you might ask her too.

Avie

Godzoned
10-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Comming soon:

ATC animal project.
Save your animal featured ATC's for this project to help sort out the large original ATC projects. :D
Created and waiting for it to be approved.....

Advice for ATCs see in my signature for a link..... :D :wave: :clap:

Printmakerguy
10-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41417

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/39417/tn_elephant1.jpg
These are going to make GREAT atcs... Can't wait to see mine :)

Black Pearl
10-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41415

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/39417/tn_bloom1.jpg

This is lovely Sunfilly,
welcome to the ATC club...
Like your descriptions also.
Suggest you may like to join the ATC Project that Morganna started also - if you haven't already, and post these in the ATC project gallery...as more of us in there than here, and the thread is checked far more.. so you would get a greater response...

Looking forward to seeing the finished works, as these "WIP's" are great already!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sunfilly
10-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41417

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/39417/tn_elephant1.jpg
These are going to make GREAT atcs... Can't wait to see mine :)

Thanks Andrew,
I'm glad you like it because I sure love all of your ATC's. You have a fan.

Sunfilly
10-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41415

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/progress/39417/tn_bloom1.jpg

This is lovely Sunfilly,
welcome to the ATC club...
Like your descriptions also.
Suggest you may like to join the ATC Project that Morganna started also - if you haven't already, and post these in the ATC project gallery...as more of us in there than here, and the thread is checked far more.. so you would get a greater response...

Looking forward to seeing the finished works, as these "WIP's" are great already!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Black Pearl,
I posted in the other ATC Forum as you suggested. I will be doing a whole series of tiny flowers, I'm really happy how this one came out. It took a while to get the photo just right to show the embossing and torn edges. I think it is important for people to see these details. I have to tell you I really had an eye on your ATC's. I especially liked this one http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41247
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_ifbyseac.jpg
So beautiful.

Sunfilly
10-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Lol I'm getting dizzy form all the ATC projects going on here. I do like the ATC animals only idea. It makes sense to catogorize like that. One question Andrew and Black Pearl, how do you get the thumbnail of the pictures you like to show up like that. Did you cut and past the picture? Nevermind I got it figured out I think.

Godzoned
10-30-2004, 12:20 AM
Lol I'm getting dizzy form all the ATC projects going on here. I do like the ATC animals only idea. It makes sense to catogorize like that. One question Andrew and Black Pearl, how do you get the thumbnail of the pictures you like to show up like that. Did you cut and past the picture? Nevermind I got it figured out I think.

You are welcome anywhere you want to post.

Most of the ATC discussions are in the first ATC project.

ATC November project could be used for November postings if you want but Black Pearl is right with the viewings.... most people hang out in the first ATC project.

As for any animal ATCs you are welcome there too. It helps sort out different ATC's from getting "lost" amoungst the rest.

To help you - don't double post.

Animal ATC in Animal ATC project and rest of the ATC's in the other ATC project.

As you see I am every where..... So little time so much to do - so much inspiration!

Welcome by the way. Glad to have you aboard.

Sunfilly
10-30-2004, 01:37 AM
You are welcome anywhere you want to post.

Most of the ATC discussions are in the first ATC project.

ATC November project could be used for November postings if you want but Black Pearl is right with the viewings.... most people hang out in the first ATC project.

As for any animal ATCs you are welcome there too. It helps sort out different ATC's from getting "lost" amoungst the rest.

To help you - don't double post.

Animal ATC in Animal ATC project and rest of the ATC's in the other ATC project.

As you see I am every where..... So little time so much to do - so much inspiration!

Welcome by the way. Glad to have you aboard.

Ok great I will move my elephants to the ATC animals.

I hope there will be more catagorys like this one. maybe landscapes and flowers etc... I think it is a good idea. it makes it easier to find stuff you may like, if you are a collector of cats or elephants etc...

Printmakerguy
10-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41463

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51697/tn_0703_black.jpg

Cool cards- All of them. I especially like the black one... I have a thing for any kind of image that utelizes strong blacks...

-Andrew

MeikaM
10-30-2004, 03:35 PM
I started the MSN ATC forum for the kidlets. :) It's here:
Wee Folks Trading Post (http://groups.msn.com/WeeFolksTradingPost)

Godzoned
10-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Don't forget: cross trading with other ATC projects is allowed :D
Just book mark the rest.
I'll tell you every now and again there is new stuff in my ATC Animals project so you guys don't miss out on the excitings goings on there.... :wave:

Black Pearl
10-31-2004, 01:42 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41339

I don't mind what or how you attach it...can I have it ??? LOVE it. Black Pearl :clap: :clap: :clap: Have PM'd you already...think I will unravel if I don't hear from you soon :p

Black Pearl
10-31-2004, 01:47 AM
I especially liked this one http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41247
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_ifbyseac.jpg
So beautiful.

Sunfilly, you are welcome to trade for this, as I would love to trade for one of your flowers... just PM at your convenience. Pleasure to have you join us ! BP

Black Pearl
10-31-2004, 01:07 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41465

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51697/tn_0703_italian.jpg

I am in love ! :p
Welcome lisavollrath. :wave:
I have sent you a desperate plea via PM to consider trading for this beautiful work. :music: :eek: :music:
Your explosive entry pieces into the ATC group here astounded me...to see such a consistently high degree of stylish, delicate yet bold pieces incorporating collage elements ! :eek: (Gob smacked)
I eagerly (and hopefully) await further aquaintance with you and your work.

Black Pearl
10-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41460

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/6644/tn_ATC10-29-04a.jpg

Hehe (nervous cough), I must admit I was a little nervous about what image would appear when Avie PM'd me to say she would trade for this...
But there was no 'rude' icon prefixing the image and well as you can see, I have an overactive imagination.
I don't even drink coffee, but I really like this painting. Thank you Avie. :wave:

Pilan
10-31-2004, 01:43 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41510

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_vigil.jpg

hells bells, I did not know all these cards were over here!!

I have been looking in the other thread :mad: !

all this clicking and a body can't even find the most current cards :eek:

by the way, I love the way you pushed your colors together. very nice! :clap:

Pilan
10-31-2004, 01:46 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41509

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_theproposal.jpg

WOW!! what character and fun!! I do like where your coming from. It is very nice and refreshing to see this. ;)

Pilan
10-31-2004, 01:47 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41508

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_nearlyhomenow.jpg

WOW!!! :clap:

Pilan
10-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41503

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_beckon.jpg

really, shhhhhh my foot Missy!! whatcha hiding these away from me fo :mad: !! shamish on you!

Pilan
10-31-2004, 01:59 AM

very nice, very vangogish hand. what is a linocut, is it an original?

Pilan
10-31-2004, 02:02 AM

tell me about etching please, ie. are they orginals?

Pilan
10-31-2004, 02:08 AM
Hey NUts! I am only posting my new paint-a-thon pieces in the original thread... I can't stand all this clicking.. I have a severe kink in my back between my shoulder blades. It is horrid. I know it is from painting, and I still had 4 more to go. Good lord whats wrong with me :rolleyes: .

If you desire, you can see my cards by clicking on the link below.

thanks
P

gallery318
10-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the new artists Sunfilly and Lisa! I have trade with Lisa before... her cards are beautiful! Sorry if I missed anyone... :(

I popped in to say that I too (along with Pilan) have decided to hang out in the original thread, so as to avoid clicking, clicking, brain-numbing ATC trauma. :D

You'll find me over there in the long thread with all the posts. :eek: Can't wait to trade with you all.

gallery318
10-31-2004, 12:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41460

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/6644/tn_ATC10-29-04a.jpg

Nice, fun painting style Avie! :D

Avie
10-31-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks Kathleen! I don't know that I would call it a style... I was certainly winging it! It is hard to be taken out of your comfort zone but I am glad I was brave enough least try it. Whew, glad it is over though!

Avie

Pilan
10-31-2004, 02:03 PM
Avie, I have to agree with Kathleen, this is a nice card. good going and keep exploring the medium. Just push the pigment around on the paper, you will really learn about how it works. It soo much like exploring.

I am looking forward to seeing more of these... :wave:

P

Thanks Kathleen! I don't know that I would call it a style... I was certainly winging it! It is hard to be taken out of your comfort zone but I am glad I was brave enough least try it. Whew, glad it is over though!

Avie

Sunfilly
10-31-2004, 02:36 PM

tell me about etching please, ie. are they orginals?

Yes all hand pulled prints are originals whether they are etchings, releif prints, lithography, or serigraphs. Here is more information on it here.

http://www.washingtonprintmakers.com/media.html

You can do up variations in color of the same block and each one would be a different edtion. To be an edtion they have to all be excately the same. For instance if I did an etching in black ink then did the same plate one in another color they would have to be in seperate editions because they are not the same coloring.

There is a standard set of editioning guidelines all printers follow when they number thier editions. Here are some examples The type of print would go before the numbers (example T/P 1/5, A/P 1/10, CV I 1/20 etc....)

B'at first perfect print -this would be the print that all prints must look like. There is only one of these.

T/P Trial proofs

A/P Artists Proof - are usually 10% of the edition. The artist uses these for exhibitions and to show gallery owners.

CV - color variations, Color variations are numbered first with a roman numerial then edtion number, so it will be CV I 1/10, CV II 1/10.

State I - this type of print is when an artist is doing more then one plate and colors and wants to show a state of the progression of the print. So if she/he has four plates he will have all the state from I-IV. These types of prints make an interesting display if you frame them all together, I have not seen too many of these just heard of them, not sure if when an artist does this if she/he only does just one set or an edtion.

C/P Cancelation proof- there is usally one cancelation proof made but not always. Either the artist makes a mark across the plate or etches their name into the plate so it prints backwards.

If you see a print that is just numberd with non of the above initials then there where no color variations of that print made.

Godzoned
10-31-2004, 02:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41464

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51697/tn_0603_07asian.jpg

I love this card! and the red one!
:eek:

uncertainid
10-31-2004, 04:18 PM

Very cool Avie! Color choices were perfect for this and you did such a great job I can almost smell it.....mmmmm.
Interestingly, I haven't been back over here since the old project opened, (I thought that is where everyone went... :rolleyes: ) and in my last batch of cards there is one similar to this only not near as good. I called it Morning Joy. Now that I've seen yours, I believe I'll give mine to the DH to tape to his computer screen at work...if there ever was a coffee fiend, it's him. :D
sara

Avie
10-31-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone!

Thank you all for the sweet compliments on my meeger efforts to paint!

Sara, coffee is a staple in our house, of coarse we live in a slightly cooler climate that you :wink2: I will have to go back and look for your mug now!

I have not had a chance to go back and browse the galleries this weekend. It has been nuts around here.

Avie

lisavollrath
10-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I just posted a few cards that are leftover from previous projects. When I have a minute, I'll dig up the rest of them and post those, too.

Pilan
10-31-2004, 09:10 PM

Here is a suggestion. take some color yarn and sew around the edges onto a piece of canvas. Sort of like Pearl does. You could paint the canvas with a wash of color and then sew it. The wash may set this off a bit. This is very hard to do. I would be so proud of myself if I had done it. Good job of it. :clap:

Pilan
10-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41459

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/6644/tn_ATC10-29-04a1.jpg

I love this little guy..... his little eyes so cute... or is it a girl? :D

lisavollrath
10-31-2004, 09:23 PM
OK, I think I have everything I'm willing to part with uploaded now. And I think the link to them is this (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=portfolio_entries&userid=51697&proj_id=777), but I'm not entirely sure. Does that work for anyone?

Pilan
10-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41465

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51697/tn_0703_italian.jpg

Welcome to WC Lisa. I like your work. It is hard for me to do collage work. Maybe I will learn something by watching you. I currently am up to my neck in an altered book. Most of it is painted art work, not collage :eek: . So, its hard. I will keep a watch out for your works. Thanks for joining.

Also, I went to your website and read the about me page. Great to have a story behind you. :D

I used to live in dallas and went to El Centro downtown Dallas. I also went to Euless to a specialist for 4 years. I used to live in Highland Village, Flower Mound and Double Oak. Now I am in Folsom California. My oldest daughter still lives in Dallas. :).

Pilan
10-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41575

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51697/tn_0703_reallyred.jpg

love red and love this one. :wave:

Black Pearl
11-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41583

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_meikasdragonflytwo.jpg

For Meika (to save you figuring out where I posted it)

Black Pearl
11-01-2004, 04:06 AM
OK, I think I have everything I'm willing to part with uploaded now. And I think the link to them is this (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=portfolio_entries&userid=51697&proj_id=777), but I'm not entirely sure. Does that work for anyone?

Yes. Really enjoyed perusing your website also. Liked what you had to say and how you say it.

Black Pearl
11-01-2004, 07:17 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41587

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_mokopuna.jpg

This series is entitled 'tangata whenua' translated from the maori language, this means 'people of the land'.
Mixed media with copper wire, woven coloured raffia, NZ coins, paua shell fragment, copper acidfree pen etc on black card.
They are abstract reflections based on elements of my father's New Zealand maori heritage.
These images are darker - symbolically and actual, than I usually portray, because I do not like or feel comfortable with this heritage.
This is due to two main factors ;
my father had a harsh, cruel upbringing and the spiritual aspect of maori culture is diametrically opposed to my own personal spiritual beliefs.

Black Pearl
11-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41613

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_Gr8Barier1.JPG

Debbie, I have been there also! These are great submissions. I can feel your hot breath and bristly paint brush on my heels...spurring me on.

The trees look just like that. I feel nostalgic this morning. And oops Yianni feels hungry...better go feed the lad. Ciao !

Black Pearl
11-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41634

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_fieldofbutterfliesa.jpg

An attempt to produce something a bit more delicate than I usually do...but still awash with colour.

Black Pearl
11-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41644

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_setsaila.jpg

There are also two original stand alones entitled 'lure' and 'land fall', that incorporate paua shell elements also....

Black Pearl
11-02-2004, 04:22 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41651

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_friend1.JPG

This is a beautiful solitary piece Godz. Especially when one reads your descripton. Beautifully sad and yet life.

gallery318
11-02-2004, 06:03 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41634

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_fieldofbutterfliesa.jpg

I really like the soft color choices Black Pearl! :clap:

gallery318
11-02-2004, 06:47 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41464

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51697/tn_0603_07asian.jpg

I really like the soft beige/brown color choices. Very soothing. Let me know if you'd like to trade Lisa!

Sunfilly
11-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41726

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/39417/tn_bloom1.jpg

Just finished this tiny fower etching today, finally got the colors I wanted for this one. I have some new stuff posted in the Animal ATC too.

Black Pearl
11-04-2004, 01:16 AM
???nfilly]Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41726

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/39417/tn_bloom1.jpg

Just finished this tiny fower etching today, finally got the colors I wanted for this one. I have some new stuff posted in the Animal ATC too.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful images. Especially like Starfish, Elephant Two and this tiny bloom.
Thank you for notifying, really appreciate it.
Black Pearl :)

Godzoned
11-05-2004, 08:48 PM
New cards in my gallery to see guys..... Blame Black Pearl for taking them. But have a look anyway. :D

link below

Black Pearl
11-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41756

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_BlackWhiteSeries.JPG

Pardon me, I thought I was calling in IOU's... :evil: and what do you expect when you produce cool stuff in front of my nose ? Ya dag...

gallery318
11-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41756

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_BlackWhiteSeries.JPG

These are fun and abstract! :clap: :clap:

Godzoned
11-06-2004, 02:34 PM

Pardon me, I thought I was calling in IOU's... :evil: and what do you expect when you produce cool stuff in front of my nose ? Ya dag...

Yes you where calling in IOU's - Hmmm one more to give you.
lol

See you at church

Godzoned
11-06-2004, 02:35 PM

These are fun and abstract! :clap: :clap:

Thanks Kathleen.
Look out for my new brown ones. Will be posted as soon as I do them - still in my brain. :D

Godzoned
11-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Here are the brown ones I've been promising.....

Click here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41809) Called Le Dance Series. :clap:

Godzoned
11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41849

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_Swordfightingseries1.JPG

New cards. Kind of hooked on this style at the moment. :D

Black Pearl
11-09-2004, 04:08 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41858

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_fish.jpg

The background colour is a lot lighter, and the beads are a nice metallic light reflecting minty green..I am trying to get into the ATC animal project:rolleyes:

Avie
11-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41677

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_kit%27eb.jpg

I am still trying to figure out how you did this one! Beautiful! Avie

Black Pearl
11-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41677

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_kit%27eb.jpg

I am still trying to figure out how you did this one! Beautiful! Avie

Thanks Avie, er nothing deep about it really I'm afraid. It is cane elements rather than flax, as holds a tight weave easier. The kit is just one made from last year, that I literally decided to chop up. Just sitting at home, may as well share it abroad. The backing weave is a beautiful orange florist deco that came with flowers from my inlaws when my firstborn arrived in august last year. Really like it myself.
PM me if you would like one, as there are only two left. Plus I am always eager to get my hands on your stuff..especially anything sewn... :p

anney
11-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42042

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_Cape_Blanco_Lighthouse_ATC.JPG

Deligthful acrylic miniature. Thanks for joining the ATC "club",

Anne

Gracie7
11-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42042

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_Cape_Blanco_Lighthouse_ATC.JPG

Deligthful acrylic miniature. Thanks for joining the ATC "club",

Anne

Thanks Anne. ATC is a great way to try something new.

gallery318
11-14-2004, 06:26 PM

Thanks for sharing your lighthouse with us! Very nice acrylic work! :wave: :clap:

Black Pearl
11-15-2004, 12:13 AM

wow.

Pilan
11-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Oh MY!! We need to give a neighbor a lesson indeedy. :clap: .

I am not fond of bending my neck like this :D

Great lighthouse.

Hey all this is my neighbor. She is the neigbor I was telling you about. I have to go see what else she put up now. hmmmmm :p

P

wow.

Pilan
11-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Hi neighbor, O I will help you with the rotation, just come over. I love your little tinyhead.... the little hats are adorable.

All, Gracie has more nice little cards, I saw them. I even took some digitals but I lost them in my computer. I am sooo disorganized. :o .

She has much more, I know these things :D . If I read her right the first couple of days, she will be painting like Black Pearl 90 to nothing. :clap:

Great to see you finally posting.... yahoo, hey we have a mystery portrait exchange.

Godzone where is your guide on the rules? I need to get these too Gracie asap, I know she will want to do the portrait. :evil:
P

Thanks Anne. ATC is a great way to try something new.

Gracie7
11-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi neighbor,
... hey we have a mystery portrait exchange.

Godzone where is your guide on the rules? I need to get these too Gracie asap, I know she will want to do the portrait. :evil:
P

Hi Pilan,
You're funny. I have a long way to go. I will take a look at the portrait exchange but I can't quarantee anything. When it comes to people, faces, and bodies I have no idea how to go about it. :confused: :(

Thanks, talk to you later neighbor.
Gracie7

Pilan
11-15-2004, 11:16 PM
The original ATC thread is here.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210795&page=177&pp=15

This is where I post all my things. I am too lazy to upload them into the November one. :o .

You can try to do the portrait. Come on,,, I ain't that good either but well, then who really cares :evil: ....

Try one. Look in the mirror and paint. or print out a picture and use the picture as a reference.

P

Hi Pilan,
You're funny. I have a long way to go. I will take a look at the portrait exchange but I can't quarantee anything. When it comes to people, faces, and bodies I have no idea how to go about it. :confused: :(

Thanks, talk to you later neighbor.
Gracie7

Godzoned
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42044

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_Mini_Pumpkins_ATC.JPG

Your cards are great!
Doing ATC's is the best way to experiment.
Your buildings so far are the best. I like how you have done one of Jesus too. :wink2:

Pilan
11-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42038

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_The_Mission_ATC.JPG

I want to trade you for this one. I have seen this one and if you see anything you want in my batch please let me know.

ahhemm, I will let you all know that Gracie's paintings are much better looking in person. Right now, ahhem sorry Laura but you need a lesson on how to get these up so people can see how beautiful they are.

Meanwhile, can I trade you for this one? Please please....

P

Pilan
11-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42041

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_The_Girls_ATC.JPG

These hats are really adorable. I have seen these in person... :clap:

someone should snatch these up quick.
P

Pilan
11-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42039

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_Flower_with_Pink_ATC.JPG

This one is very pretty. I want to see this. I will come over and see for myself. :)

P

Pilan
11-16-2004, 07:56 PM
All,

It seems a few people are not getting their cards as quick as some.

I would like anyone to please post here if you have recieved the lastest cards that is due from me.

Please post the card you recieved.

Also, please pass on the word to say what you have recieved.

thanks
P

Gracie7
11-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42116

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_Lighthouse.jpg

Ok...thanks to Pilan, I can now see straight!.. I have learned how to take better pictures of my art. Thanks Pilan...now go home...

Gracie7
11-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42038

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/51524/tn_The_Mission_ATC.JPGTraded with Pilan 11/17/04

Godzoned
11-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Ok...thanks to Pilan, I can now see straight!.. I have learned how to take better pictures of my art. Thanks Pilan...now go home...

lol
Sounds like me and Black Pearl except that we limit our visits to about once a week. :D so much fun to have a WC pal living in the same town!

Pilan
11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Well, we have been living next door for about 6 years now. Gracie and her husband are just wonderful people. I could not ask for sweeter neighbors. I know my dog just drives her husband batty. I understand, because the dog drives me batty with her barking at him through the wooden fence. dang dog ;)

:o such embarrassment. They have such sweet dogs too. :)

lol
Sounds like me and Black Pearl except that we limit our visits to about once a week. :D so much fun to have a WC pal living in the same town!

Gracie7
11-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, we have been living next door for about 6 years now. Gracie and her husband are just wonderful people. I could not ask for sweeter neighbors. I know my dog just drives her husband batty. I understand, because the dog drives me batty with her barking at him through the wooden fence. dang dog ;)

:o such embarrassment. They have such sweet dogs too. :)
Dog...Pilan you have a dog?...I did not know that... :wave:

Pilan
11-18-2004, 10:41 PM
okay, me with my little bag of chocolate chips just chewing away. hmm so good then I clicked on this link and read your post. I just about choked to death!! I am shocked you did not know about my dog. You must be deaf and blind, or dumb :D :D :evil: :evil: :clap: :clap:

Dog...Pilan you have a dog?...I did not know that... :wave:

Black Pearl
11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
okay, me with my little bag of chocolate chips just chewing away. hmm so good then I clicked on this link and read your post. I just about choked to death!! I am shocked you did not know about my dog. You must be deaf and blind, or dumb :D :D :evil: :evil: :clap: :clap:

...she was talking about a dog, not the suggested fire breathing fence dragon that sounds like an unoiled tractor... :evil:

Gracie7
11-19-2004, 05:02 PM
...she was talking about a dog, not the suggested fire breathing fence dragon that sounds like an unoiled tractor... :evil:

See Pilan, if you had just said "fire breathing fence dragon that sounds like an unoiled tractor"...I would have know what you were talking about.... :evil: :p

Godzoned
11-19-2004, 05:32 PM
See Pilan, if you had just said "fire breathing fence dragon that sounds like an unoiled tractor"...I would have know what you were talking about.... :evil: :p

lol it may have been my coughing you heard! :wink2:

Godzoned
11-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42253

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_dateSeries1.JPG

Eight new cards available. These are just 2. They are all from a sketch book I found of mine that I did in the 1990's. Scarey. All cut straight from the book. All originals - not prints. :wave:

jlloren
11-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42251

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_FaceSeries1.JPG

Wow! Just look at these beauties!

Can I have 1????

Cheers!
Joel

jlloren
11-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42249

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_Tonalface1.JPG

Another WOWOWOWOW! Nice work Debbie! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'd like to have them all. . . congratulations to whoever this will go to.

Cheers!

Joel

gallery318
11-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42253

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_dateSeries1.JPG

These are great Debbie... full of humor and very "pop" art---- :clap: :clap:

gallery318
11-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42248

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_thelook1.JPG

Nice, sketchy style. BRAVO! :clap: :clap: :D

Godzoned
11-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Nice, sketchy style. BRAVO! :clap: :clap: :D

Another WOWOWOWOW! Nice work Debbie!
I'd like to have them all.

Thanks guys. These are ooooold pieces I did in the 1990's when I didn't think I was good enough to show anywhere. I look back now and wow at them myself. :D

Black Pearl
11-22-2004, 02:54 PM

I LOVE this pair. ANy chance of a trade ???
Got to do some more ATC's once finish three more little big paintings.

Godzoned
11-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42379

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_PansyLino1.JPG

Hi all found my lino cuts I made ages ago.

By the way I have 10 cards still availble for trade. Have a look at my November collection. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=browse_final2&userid=41633&proj_id=777)

weckster
11-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42249

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/41633/tn_Tonalface1.JPG

I must say - this is spectacular. I'm, rather jealous that joel has it!

MeikaM
11-26-2004, 12:45 PM
I keep seeing so many cards I want. Unfortunately my muse went on a long vacation and I just cant seem to come up with any new cards. The four I did while I was dizzy with flu may be it for awhile. :( If any of you see her traveling through your city please tell her I miss her and really need her to come back.

artbyjune
12-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42918

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/28065/tn_25-ParisColors.jpg

Yes Anney, this would definitely qualify as imaginative work (not copy/realism). I think the new fantasy ATC project should encompass imagination, fantasy and abstract works.

Leaps of imagination. Set free.

i will reply over in the correct forum too!!!

gallery318
12-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42060

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_incognito.jpg

WHHHHHOOOOOEEEE... happy day... :D :D Isn't this atc great??? IT's mine now. :evil:

I got this little surprise in my mailbox! Big hugs to you V----- now what atc did you want for this beauty???? (thanks too for the other goody)

Still like the geranium pen and ink sketch???

By the way, I started a small Yahoo trading group for hand painted and drawn atc exchanges. It would be a "sign-up and send to the next person kind of system"---so you wouldn't see what card you were getting until it arrives... anyway, just a bit different than wetcanvas (which I LOVE and I'm not leaving!!!---you are stuck with me)--but this Yahoo group will reach out to others in the atc community that aren't here at wc. So, pop on over if you'd like. ;) Link is in the siggy line.

Thanks again to Vanessa--the coolest, mom-to-be painter. yeah!

Black Pearl
12-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=42060

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_incognito.jpg

WHHHHHOOOOOEEEE... happy day... :D :D Isn't this atc great??? IT's mine now. :evil:

I got this little surprise in my mailbox! Big hugs to you V----- now what atc did you want for this beauty???? (thanks too for the other goody)

Still like the geranium pen and ink sketch???

By the way, I started a small Yahoo trading group for hand painted and drawn atc exchanges. It would be a "sign-up and send to the next person kind of system"---so you wouldn't see what card you were getting until it arrives... anyway, just a bit different than wetcanvas (which I LOVE and I'm not leaving!!!---you are stuck with me)--but this Yahoo group will reach out to others in the atc community that aren't here at wc. So, pop on over if you'd like. ;) Link is in the siggy line.

Thanks again to Vanessa--the coolest, mom-to-be painter. yeah!
It is a pleasure Kathleen. I'd love the geranium one, but no hurry to post. Wait till after xmas craze if you like. My aunt decided on a biggr piece, so thought I'd surprise you for xmas. :evil:

gallery318
12-22-2004, 07:12 PM
I will definitely wait until the hoopla dies down at the post office. WOW... I can imagine it was crazy there the past two days.

:wink2:

It is a pleasure Kathleen. I'd love the geranium one, but no hurry to post. Wait till after xmas craze if you like. My aunt decided on a biggr piece, so thought I'd surprise you for xmas. :evil:

Nitsa
01-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=44372

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/18769/tn_ATC-PrimeCherries.JPG

My very first ATC! :D
"Primary Cherries" - Painted on canvas board in acrylics using just 3 primaries: Yellow Ochre Ultramarine Blue Aliz Crimson.
Painted entirely from memory!
Couldn't photograph the damn thing for love nor money :rolleyes: , so I scanned it! LOL!

Hope it passes!

Nitsa
01-22-2005, 08:42 PM

This is stunning....so beautiful.
Did you make the stamp yourself?

Godzoned
01-23-2005, 01:58 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=44372

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/18769/tn_ATC-PrimeCherries.JPG

Love it. Looks sooooo yummy!

Nitsa
01-23-2005, 04:05 AM
Thanx Debbie, glad you like it!

Nitsa
01-23-2005, 04:27 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=44378

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/18769/tn_ATC-Aqua-smll.JPG

Just uploaded this one - "Aqua"

Nitsa
01-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Is this project still open? I've just noticed that I am the first to reply in a month.....Just checking!

jenner567
01-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=41208

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/49387/tn_fruit.jpg

Dear Lady, I absolutely am enthralled with your work on this piece. I've never seen such originality in composition and technique. It caught my eye immediately. OH, HOW I LOVE IT ! ! ! !

I just got into your site, haven't seen your other works yet, of which I'm sure will be equally as nice, but this one hit my eye immediately, because of it's originality.

Thank you for posting this wonderful piece.

Godzoned
01-24-2005, 03:52 PM
This thread is still being watched by me anyway. But most post ATCs and comments now in the other ATC projects for they are now in subjects. See my link below in the signature line. :D

Penny220
01-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Per request I have expired this project for signup but I kept it open so that any active cards can still be traded. If you would prefer that this project is closed completely simply post your wishes in here and report the post using the tools and I will do accordingly.

Happy trading :cat:

Nitsa
01-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanx Debbie and Penny....I have uploaded my cards into the other general atc project...Hope that was ok! :)

Black Pearl
02-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=44378

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/777/completed/18769/tn_ATC-Aqua-smll.JPG

This is beautiful. It arrived today. I hate to admit it to the rest of you atc'ers because the competition will be fierce now. But I felt compelled. :evil: BP