PDA

View Full Version : Vermilion

Raffaele
11-03-2001, 10:39 PM
Has anybody else compared the prices of Vermilion, whether from cinnabar or mercury, at Zecchi to that of Kremer? I was comparing this as well as a few other pigments and noticed a substantial difference in price. Comments?

Raffaele

sarkana
11-04-2001, 09:21 AM
i have noticed that the prices of pigments seem to fluctuate greatly from supplier to supplier, from month to month.

i buy my vermilion (chemically pure mercury sulfide) from doak, he's much cheaper than either kremer or zecchi.

Raffaele
11-04-2001, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the reply Sarkana, however I am not interested in buying tube paint. I am looking at pigment only. I once spoke to Doak some time ago to get his materials list. (this man certainly has the gift of the gab) There is no mention of raw pigment whatsoever. If he does sell pigment and you have bought from him, then tell me price and quantity.
I just thought that it would be more convenient to buy from a North American supplier while I am over here. I do have the patience though to wait for a European delivery. Considering the quantity I intend to buy, price does come in to play.

Raffaele

sarkana
11-05-2001, 12:49 AM
i totally understand that you are not interested in tube paint. doak does in fact sell raw pigment. many people here in brooklyn buy pigment from him, including almost all small scale manufacturers like myself.

he does have the gift of gab! perhaps he just did not know you were interested in pigment? i don't feel comfortable quoting prices here since i have a wholsale account with him. for retail prices, you should feel free to contact him directly (718.237.1210). he's very competitive as well, so if you mention kremer or zecchi, he'll surely undercut their price.