PDA

View Full Version : Try of still life

suegercag
10-23-2004, 07:20 AM
Hiya all :wave:
I haven't been posting for a while but I've been reading all and learning, its really a great site and very addictive! I find also that it gives you an urge to paint, gives me something to do at the boring weekends here in Riyadh (weekends are thurs,fri here by the way) as going out here is not advised at the moment
So here is my newest project, still need to finish it, sort out the lemon, and the label on the bottle.... The bottle is actually a vimto bottle and the liquid in the the glass is ginger ale diluted to look like white wine! cos as you may know we aren't allowed alchohol in Saudi! :rolleyes:

jbitzel
10-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Great work, it looks like you accomplished the best look of acrylics, no blending very hard lines looks great. James :wave:

Lady Carol
10-23-2004, 10:20 AM
The wine glass is excellent. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Bertoni
10-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Excellent work! I like the way you've painted glass! The acrylics are obviously your medium!!! :clap: Can't wait to see it finished!!

joa
10-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Like the velvety-looking folds in the cloth; the bottle and glass are excellent. Nice work! :clap:

Jo

suegercag
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks all! :D
I didn't take into consideration about the lighting when I set up the still life, I'm starting to relax on putting thicker colour on now and not to be discouraged if the colours don't work as unlike water colour, you can always do it again! :D

TxAggieDarlin
10-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Oh I like this alot ...so you did no blending at all?????
hmmm I don't think I could ever do that LOL....I have to fix my opppps