PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Saturday, October 23rd****

mr sandbanx
10-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Morning everyone,

Off to golf today, won fifty bucks in the office pool (LOL Malty!!!)

If you like Northen lights:

I subscribe to the Auroral Alert Newsletter. Which says a lot about me having too much time on my hands, and got this tonight: (Usually they are wrog, but it never hurts to go and look)

There was a solar event facing Earth on the 22nd of October. We estimate
that the shock should arrive at Earth around 1900 Greenwich Mean Time on the
24th. If it is on time, that will be Sunday evening in Europe and the USA.
If it is early, it will be Saturday night in Alaska and Russia.

It is difficult to judge the extent of the aurora, but the shock will arrive
simultaneously with a fast stream in the solar wind, so we would expect that
the aurora will be visible in Southern Scandinavia, Northern Europe,
Northern US, (perhaps in the northern sky from Oregon, Illinois,
Pennsylvania, and points north).

Check the northern sky anytime during the night, but mostly around midnight
on Saturday and Sunday nights.

So, what Team am I cheering for today? It's hard to keep track :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have a great day, I am planning to.

Chris

PS: I don't wish to make a big deal about this, but I only got three of the 11 hugs on Friday that I need to stay healthy!!!! (Thanks Pat, you are a softy). So today I need 19!!!!

and Happy Birthday Ottersong

Ottersong
10-23-2004, 12:53 AM
Been over in the Kington thread, still haven't finished it. WOW you all had a realy good time it looks like, wish I could have been there with you. Paint,paint,paint and food food food and garden garden garde. I would have loved to have seen JT"s garden.

Chris it doesn't look like we are going to get to see the northern lights this time, we are totally socked in with rain for the next week. Nasty, damp and cold (at least cold to me, not to Dh)

EEEEEEWWWWW DH reminded me today that tomorrow is my 68th birthday. He is taking me out for prime rib tomorrow night. I must be one of the oldest washers, life goes on. I have been working very hard on my exercises especially the stair steppe ones, I am up to 2 1/2 inches high now, maybe pretty soon I will be strong enough to go down to the studio and get back up again, sure do miss it. DH brought some of my painting gear upstairs and I did the WDE this week. Not great but passable for a first time of wetting my brushes in almost three months. Going to go and buy a now printer for my b-day, not the one I really want because I don't have enough memory for that one but a reasonably good one with a decent resoloution for printing pix.

My ggggal that has been helping me with the house stuff that I am not able to do yet has caught a bug and hasn't been here all week, sure do miss her. She has even been weeding my iris bed. Sure hope she is well soon.

Hugs and healing to all in need,
Love Otter

artmom
10-23-2004, 01:17 AM
(((Chris))) (((Chris))) (((Chris))) (((Chris)))
(((Chris))) (((Chris))) (((Chris))) !

GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!

Otter, hugs to you, too!

May your today be better than your yesterday!

Lyn

KathyJB
10-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Well Chris looks like you got your hug allottment but heres one more
should spur you on to painting bigger and better things.
Is that possible?

Hello to all washies... i had so much difficulty signing on today to WC that I finally gave up and curled up and watched a movie with my son.. "The Day after tomorrow" GreaT MOVIE... REALLY GREAT MOVIE
bEEN TIRED LAST COUPLA DAYS GOING TO BED NOW. iTS NOT EARLY BUT i HAD A NAP EARLIER:)
NN ALL GOOD Morning to the rest of you

katinhatzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Roun2it
10-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Morning each,

I make no apology for putting this back up from yesterday Music Or is it? (http://d21c.com/dodgerdawg/S-Z.html) . Its weekend and you have more time to listen. Just scroll down the list find a favourite song and click, you will be smiling, or worse in minute. Pat found this yesterday and I think its worthy of a listen if you didn't bother yesterday.

I've just listened and ROFLOL to the Stray Cat Strut. And tears are rolling down my cheeks listening to Coldplays Yellow. Go on click above, guaranteed smile. :) For the oldies among us look at listen to :music: Rawhide :music:

No hugs from me Chris just get on with that elephant!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/23314-elephnt2.gifHappy Birthday Mary!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/23314-elephnt2.gif

painterbear
10-23-2004, 04:46 AM
Good Morning all,

Just past 4:30 a.m. here in Oakwood. Quiet morning after hearing police sirens off in the distance evidentally chasing someone coming out of Dayton a little while ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY (Ottersong)! Hope you feel strong enough to go up and down the stairs so you can paint in your studio soon! In the meantime, I'm glad you are using the stair-step machine to build up your strength and getting your brushes wet for the first time in a while. :clap:

Chris, Thanks for the info on the Aurora Borealis. I'll give a look at the northern sky, but I'm afraid we may be too far south to actually see them. They are wondrous to behold, I was lucky enough to see a display one night when I was walking home to my dorm at Penn State. It was truly awesome, in the correct meaning of that word.

Oh, here's another {{{{Chris}}}}} for your daily alotment. :angel:

Hi Lyn, Kat, and Kev, hope you all have a great day, along with all who are yet to come.

We are expecting our son and family for a quick visit this morning. Will try to get some photos of the little guys while they are here.

No painting yesterday because we were cleaning up the yard (more leaves all over the place) and the house. DH is a neatnik, I'm much more relaxed about a little dust. ;)

Off to look at the Gallery. It takes so long for threads to open and the reply window to open, I do more looking, less commenting these days, I'm afraid.

SYL,

Sylvia

Europa
10-23-2004, 07:19 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just got up - weather looks quite decent from my window though a bit overcast - nothing planned for today - just have to nip to the shop for my lottery - so I may do some painting.......then again I may not......lol.

MANY HAPPY RETURNS MARY!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/29499-BirthdayWagon.jpg

Waving to Chris - Mary - Lyn - Kev - Kath and Sylvia.

BBL

Love and Hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

JudyL
10-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Good Morning, DH and a good friend, who works for a contractor, are banging upstairs in the bathroom. My job? keep the coffee going. I also have a bit of cleaning to do. And a bit of sanding and painting left to do. At least I have found the color I want to put in the bathroom. I had picked it out right away, but we had to get a small pot of what Jack wanted, put some on the wall, then let him decide it was not what we wanted, and then let him "discover" the paint I wanted in the first place. It would be easier if he would just trust me, I was a designer!
I may get a little painting in later!
((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))
BBL
JudyL

JudyL
10-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Question
Anyone else find that they tend to talk to inanimate objects? I find I appoligize to furniture when I bump into it, and discuss whether the baby blanket I finished and is in the dryer is dry enough to come out or not.
Age?

JudyL

CharM
10-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Good morning Washonians! It's a balmy 8C in SW Ontario this morning... When I stepped out on the porch as DH was leaving for work, I didn't see any stars, so the grey and gloomy cloud cover must still be hovering...

Thibaut's father telephoned last evening... it seems that they are planning a Ski Holiday when my Magoo arrives... After lots of interpreted discussion, with Thibaut as the go-between, we got it all sorted out and arranged... Magoo will have the opportunity to get lessons in skiing and snow-boarding, while staying in a chalet with Thibaut and family for a whole week!!!!

Thibaut will be going home in just over a week's time... I'm already getting :crying: ...

Happy Birthday Mary!!! Sounds like you're beginning to make some real progress... so good that you were able to participate in the WDE... and really glad to have you back with us in the Wash!

Chris... LOL... here's a Big Canadian Bear Hug... ((())) surely that counts as two regular hugs... Congrats on the $50!!! *imagining the art supplies it could buy* :D

:wave: to Lyn...

Kat... I LOVE disaster movies... I dragged Magoo to the theater to see The Day After Tomorrow with me... He thought it was dopey... LOL

:music: :music: If you wanna know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss :music: :music: Listening to the Shoop Shoop song, Kev... :D :D :D

Syl... how neat that your son is popping in this morning!!! What a wonderful way to start your day...

I'm visiting a friend who paints/teaches acrylics this morning... I have a TON of books and paints to give her...

The boys need to run to the second hand shops to *select* items for their Hallowe'en costumes... :D

The laundry has piled miles high, so it MUST be addressed...

Sometime today, my brushes are going to get wet!!!!

Good thoughts and positive vibes to all... have a happy and creative day!

:wave: to Pat and Judy!!!

Yorky
10-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Morning/Afternoon all :wave:

Just back from Preston - took the Subaru in for a service - and to find out where the screaming noise is coming from :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday, Mary! :cat: :cat: :cat:

Glad to see you're making a little progress.

Starting to get things together for our holiday in Herefordshire next week.

Never seen the aurora yet, Chris - it's always been cloudy :)

No news - BBL

Doug

ScarletLake
10-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone

It's Sat morning 8am. Boy it felt good not to have to get up at 4:30am to be at work. I'm not gonna miss that.

Went to paint group yesterday & attempted a card with pumpkins. Don't like them at all. Will start another one this evening.

Went to last home football game last night. Our band was wonderful. My son play tuba. They are going to state championships next weekend I believe.

Chris - My DH & I noticed that the moon looked blue/green last night. Was sort of erie. Will be looking at the skys tonight.

Oldest son has homecoming at his college Ohio University today. He will be in the honor guard during the game. Also it is Ohio State University homecoming.

I just looked at the tutorial for making Christmas cards. I'm gonna try that. Very nice article.

Otter- Happy Birthday to you.

Sylvia - you remind me of my ex mother in law. She was always up at 4 am. She would do laundry & sew in the basement then come upstairs & get ready for work. Course she was in bed at 9 pm every night too. Enjoy your son's visit.

I'm really enjoying getting back into WetCanvas. Thanks for all you comments on my little painting. I'm getting pumped to paint, and paint, and paint. Will need all the advise I can get.

Well a day of shopping for me as I'm getting some clothes for the new job. Dragging DH along to mall with me. We're going to look at some furniture after clothes shopping & also go to Barnes & Noble.

Everyone have a good day

Anita

maltman
10-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Hello Everybody....what a beautifull day
Hope all goes well with you all today.

PS: I don't wish to make a big deal about this, but I only got three of the 11 hugs on Friday that I need to stay healthy!!!! (Thanks Pat, you are a softy). So today I need 19!!!!

and Happy Birthday Ottersong

Chris, those three don't count...the three police officers were body searching you when the $50.00 went missing from the office!

Gone golfing without your caddy eh?..you'll be buying the drinks again as best loser!

This afternoon,I'm off to an Official opening of a local new 3 pad arena that was designed by our office....They'll be more politicians there than you can wave a stick at...its always the way.

Was hoping to paint but I have to design a program cover for a play that a local dinner theatre is putting on...plus clean the house that I have sadly neglected for ages.

So I wish you all health, happiness and fun.

and Happy Birthday Mary

Brian

Uschi
10-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Gray sky, but light gray :clap: :clap:

I woke up at 5:45 am, too early, so went back to sleep and finally awoke shortly before 9:00 a.m. I can't believe it :eek: :o So read yeterday's and today's wash and it is now 20 minutes to ten. I have to get showered and dressed - Flo is coming over soon.

Went yesterday and took notes at the Panel Discussion, normally an hour long, only lasted 20 minutes. Start transcribing it on Monday but at that length will not provide much jam on my bread and butter, barely worth starting.

HAPY BIRTHDAY OTTER!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my God, sooo much work just for 2 1/2 inches. Lots of hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to go, so sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

JudyL
10-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Char, my SIL (oh yes and BIL) have had exchange students at their place. They always stayed for a year at the least. They always ended up being "adopted" in to the family. Including the families of the students. Two from Brazil, One from Yugoslavia, one was French Canadian. They had a foster son from Korea, who is a legitimate member of the family. They have all given them great joy, but once in the family, they remain family. It sounds like Thibaut and his family will remain close also.

Little Old Lady
10-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Greetings :wave:
Windy and rainy here this mor. A good day to stay in and to make JT happy will try to attack the midden.
Happy Birthday Mary! You are just a kid compared to me. Glad to see you making progress. Enjoy your prime rib!
Reading of all the get togethers :envy: :envy: !
Northern lights are fantastic. Haven't seen any for awhile. Usually don't stay up late enough. Will check tonight and tomorrow.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

artmom
10-23-2004, 11:58 AM
:wave: I'm baaaaaack! :D

Duh, Otter! I'm clueless--read your post and the birthday fact didn't click in! :rolleyes: Many Happy Returns!!

Malty, Nice to "see" you today! :D

All the men in the family are going to the UT/Alabama game today. (I was offered first dibs on a ticket by DH, but just don't feel quite up to it.) So, it'll just be my friend and I watching from home today.

Weavin' to everyone else that has posted since I last wore myself out giving Chris his 19 hugs!!! :angel:

Lyn

mr sandbanx
10-23-2004, 02:39 PM
I knew I would come home from golf and the hugs would be waiting for me.... thanks I feel a lot better now..Brian I had to carry my own clubs today and frankly did not enjoy it much... but I pocketed the dollar tip I was planning to give you, so that makes up for it.

Char I am torn between the N0 8 and No 10 Escoda LKolinsky brush. Will decide when I get to Curry's.

Home alone.... all day now the girls are gone.

Off to paint my elephants.

Chris

laudesan
10-23-2004, 03:00 PM
:wave: Hi everyone..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OTTER.. ((((((i)))))

JoAnn did you ever sell your house and relocate????? ((to a very busy lady)) You put me to shame.. :)

Chris, can't wait to see your Elephants..:D

Huge Huggles everyone. Off to play in the snow again.. :wink2: :D

maltman
10-23-2004, 03:23 PM
GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!

Lyn

Hey, just put on TV and guess what was on?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/48302-header_tennessee.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/48302-tn_cheer014.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/48302-tn_cheer014.gif

GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!
GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!
GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!
GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!

Little Old Lady
10-23-2004, 03:40 PM
BADGERS WON :clap: :clap:
Vols game is not on our TV. Will have to listen for updates.
Judy I am just trying to get rid of STUFF so I can consider selling.
JoAnn

Faafil
10-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi y'all :wave:

Happy Birthday Mary !!! Many happy returns !

Here you go Chris http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/3876-hug.gif

Hope you get to see the Northern Lights - I've never had the opportunity, even when I lived in Ohio and upstate NY; think it would be sooooo cool!

Slow start to my day - got up early tho, just haven't felt like doing anything, so watched a couple of movies, read a magazine, took a nap... we're going to the hospital to visit Tom later - they implanted a heart defibrillator (sp?), and hopefully he'll be home in the next few days.

Char, I've been wanting to see that movie - I think it's on tonite (hope it wasn't last nite).

Glad you're having fun playing in the snow JJ - are we still on for next Thursday?? (I need to get hold of Dave) I put in for 1/2 day vacation.

Dave - hope you're feeling better!

Well, guess I should scoot - it's after 2pm and I have done literally nothing today except be a couch potato.

Have a great day, sending 11 hugs !

ML

jaytee
10-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Just dont know where the day has gone......... Joann ..... I do wish you'd finish that midden and come and tackle mine :D

finfished puttig together the oiled-pine flat pack chest of drawers. for the kitchen .......almost.........decided to change the handles and ordered some on Ebay. .......made the mistake of telling the builder they were listed as 'rough beech knobs'..... a sandy joke followed.......... and if you dont follow that one, then good ...............and dont ask either :evil:

Nex t Firday I drive to Cardif Fto collect I paitrsurtains , a pine chest of drawers (yes I DO - Im tarting up the single guest bedroom :D) and a pine dressing table to go at the end of my bed with 8 more drawers and a top for BOOKS !!!

Sometime ( week after halfterm?) I need to go Gloucester to pick up some stuff that could be posted...... but I want to see Gloucester....... WANT A RIDE MADDIE???

last night. ....well 5.OOam thismorning. .......couldnt get the dogs from under the bed to go downstairs..... they woke me after an hour, barking and fighting. ......so I decamped to said spare room........ first time Ive slept in there...... rather nice :D

Tonight I am determined to go to bed.......

Still not started 4/52 :( Though have 3000 unpaintable idea going around......well, theres always tomorrow I suppose

well its nearly tomorrow down-under......and more than half way through today I guess at theother side of the world. so a bit kate to wish yo haooy saturday. but no too late to say MANY HAPPY RETURNS OTTER!!!! enjoy your meal out...... good to hear youre well enough to go. . and that youve wetted a brush......that HAS to be progress...... youll be skipping up and down those cellar stairs sooner than you think..........:)

Ok. Im all writ out and CRS set in.....

see you tomorrow......

(((((((((((((((MORE HUGS FOR ALL NOT JUST CHRIS)))))))))))))

Christie
10-23-2004, 08:36 PM
See, there really is snow here right now. JJ took this just this afternoon!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2004/3523-georgestree.JPG

laudesan
10-23-2004, 11:16 PM
MARYLOU yes please do get in touch with Dave. It sure is still on !!

I was thinking about maybe hiring a Limo so we could all go for a sightseeing drive, then get some dinner somewhere close to the airport. Preferably not in the airport, food sucks and is too pricey I was told.. ;)

I just can't believe it.. We will be in LA in less than a week. Our holiday is nearly over.. :crying:

I gotta go to bed....**yawn** all this playing in the snow has made me very tired.. :)

Huggles everyone..

Faafil
10-24-2004, 09:30 AM
MARYLOU yes please do get in touch with Dave. It sure is still on !!

I was thinking about maybe hiring a Limo so we could all go for a sightseeing drive, then get some dinner somewhere close to the airport. Preferably not in the airport, food sucks and is too pricey I was told.. ;)

I just can't believe it.. We will be in LA in less than a week. Our holiday is nearly over.. :crying:

I gotta go to bed....**yawn** all this playing in the snow has made me very tired.. :)

Huggles everyone..

JJ - check your PMS...