PDA

View Full Version : Any book illustrators out there?

FiddleKat
10-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi Everyone!
I am fairly new to WetCanvas! I am wondering if anyone out there is a book illustrator, perferably childrens books. I am an equine artist primarily, however I wanted to expand out to illustrating childrens books. I already published my first non-fictional memior. My second book is an anthology of horse stories which I am illustrating.
But I have two childrens books I am working on, and I am still trying to get a "feel" for what I want expressed. I usually work in watercolor, pencil and colored pencil.

Any suggestions would be helpful!!!!

AFM159
10-23-2004, 12:58 AM
Hi FiddleKat, and welcome to the Illustration Forum! I think you will find that Children's book Illustration is quite a popular pursuit. We have at least a couple folks here doing work (or trying to) along those lines.

Post some of your work and you are sure to get some responses and suggestions. One thing, if you want a critique and comments about your work, be sure to say so, otherwise we may not say anything other than "good work" "nice work" and so forth. The easiest way is to simply say, "C&C welcome", and we will gladly give advice and suggestions.

Wether you choose to accept what we have to say is up to you! :D

PictureBookPJ
10-24-2004, 12:48 AM
:wave: I am a children's book illustrator. Feel free to email me with questions. I will try my best to answer them :wink2:

Nice meeting ya!

FiddleKat
10-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks!
I am still trying to figure out the uploading of photos thing. Computers and I have a love/hate relationship. Which can be kind of sticky. My publisher and most publisher's for that matter usually prefer your manuscript on a floppy or cd. Fortunatly I have a brother who is into computers, and is an electrician by trade. He crashed computers for fun, so whenever I have a prob. he fixes it for me.
Anyway, I am pretty good about critique and comments. It comes with the trade, and you have to learn how to deal with them.

Kat

LilKitten
10-24-2004, 03:03 PM
My first book illustraitions will be out in November :) I'm just learning about all the ins and outs myself! Welcome welcome :)

FiddleKat
10-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey LilKitten;
Keep us posted on your illustration.....

I also have to check out that article on Celtic Knotwork. I have a painting I started two years ago, and need to finish. Its 2ft x 3ft and is nothing but Celtic knotwork that I am doing in acrylic. It intrigues me perhaps because of my strong Celtic heritage.

Kat

designbyjen
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
hi & welcome!
i was looking @ your site & wanted to ask if the venice river scene is typical of your watercolor, pencil, c.pencil technique? would love to see more of your stuff! ;)
~~~jen