PDA

View Full Version : robert plant of led zeppelin

cherynreznor
10-22-2004, 05:07 AM
hey everyone!
i just 'finished' this one up. i'll probably make minor adjustments here and there, but it's pretty much done. i had a lot of fun doing the hair on this one. i didn't really like the crop of the original so i added the top of his head and the curly hairs at the bottom.
http://www.geocities.com/cherynrez/plant.jpg

any comments and critiques are greatly appreciated!

roger41
10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Wow.....I cant believe someone has not commented on this yet :clap: :clap: :clap: you really are extremly good at graphite portraiture. I allways enjoy studing your work because I know your standard and quality of detail is very high :cat: fantastic job.

Roger

designbyjen
10-26-2004, 02:01 PM
ha ha...i actually did comment on it yesterday...you know you click 'post' and then the connection goes out & then being frustrated don't get back on. so, i forgot that it didn't reply until now.
anyways...
i wanted to say i really like how you went w/ your gut & broke the top & bottom confines of the ref. material. it works so well & draws the viewer in.
;)
~~~jen

cherynreznor
10-27-2004, 12:13 AM
http://www.geocities.com/cherynrez/plant.jpg roger41- thanks so much! i've seen you're wonderful with colored pencil, which is one medium i need a lot of work in. keep 'em coming.

designbyjen- i'm glad you took the time to resend your comment. i think the hair coming off the edges really pulls it together. thanks so much for your comment!

i worked a bit more on his eyes, face, hair, and the background. any feedback welcome!

Diyart
11-05-2004, 08:27 AM
hello,
I find that a very good portrait in a special mode...there is this
smile and a bit of absence of mind.

The composition is also very appealing..breaking out the through the frame
a real retro look. :clap: :clap:

There is one area which catches the eye rather quickly: the lightest part
below the right nostril. Is this really the lightest spot on the face and should it stand out a bit ? I am not sure.
From the quality of this work I gather that you go for perfect results and therefore I hope you do not mind that I put this forward.

Martin

cherynreznor
11-08-2004, 04:02 AM
diyart- thanks so much for your kind words. i looked at the drawing after what you said, and decided you were right about that area being too bright compared to the rest. so, i lightened some other areas to make it less distracting. i'll post the ref pic too. thanks so much for your help! :wave:

Diyart
11-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Hello,
thank you for posting the reference photo.. it seems that Robert indead has
some quite unique features on his face. Your work is so close to the photograph now that one hardly can find differences.
However I think your drawing looks better especially the hair which makes the portrait much more interesting.

Martin

Meldy
11-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Wow this is amazing. I am quite impressed. I absolutely love the hair. How long did it take to do this one?