PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Friday October 22****

mr sandbanx
10-22-2004, 12:17 AM
The hard part of a challenge is all the last minute posting, cutting and patching, photoshopping etc. Its exhausting. Of course my PSP went boink today when I raced home at lunch to put it all in the thread, and I had forgotten to size my painting to upload. So on to a disc it goes, gather painting under arm just in case and back to the office.... blah blah.

Ok, so I hated the elephant painting... till I started it. Now I love it. It is going well so far. Funny what I learned painting portraits on Monday, can be applied to elephants.

Only 49 weeks of painting to go, (along with 49 weeks of "I am not a poet... why do I hafta do this, where's my masseuse, my muse?.. yadda yadda yadda....")

I see JJ and Alan are off to Calgary this morning and wish them a safe trip. :wave: :wave:

Nothing funny happened to me today, or if it did I was not paying attention.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have to find 11 people to hug me!!!!

And GO Badgers
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/31024-Wisconsin_Badgers_2.gif

Chris

Roun2it
10-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Moring each,

No hugs from me mate, you make me write poetry :p

Glad your warming to the elephants, I knew it would be a good one. I think I'm gonna try one elephant on a small sheet, and then do all three on a half sheet. You got me into this half sheet. Do you think I'll have done a full sheet by the time we finish. I'll need more paint!!

BTW you mentioned Malty in your last post yesterday, but haven't seen him around for a while, is he OK, or has he had another moody? :D :wink2:

Kate Mc
10-22-2004, 02:34 AM
Poop.

Poop.

Poop.

WARNING: SELF-PITY FOLLOWS...

I got up early today to go into Liege for an antique fair they have there every Friday. It has a lot of wonderful stuff that I normally only see as I drive by it to go to my lessons. But today my lesson was cancelled, so I decided it was the day to go. YESSSSS! So I got up early, got dressed in my antiquing clothes (neat but not too flashy), brushed up on my negotiating French (you gotta be kidding!! not likely! for THAT??), and went down to my car to go. I got in the car and turned the key. Nothing. Nada. Not even a click. I finally figured out that I must have left the door open and run the battery down. Poop. The neighbor with the jumper cables left the garage as I was coming down. Poop. Dan's off to his lessons today, so I can't use his car. Poop. The train doesn't go near there. Poop. I don't know the busses in Liege. Poop. Sigh...I'll just have to go another day. Poop. I was all ready to go. Poop.

OK, PITY PARTY OVER.

So, today I'm going to paint! Jupee! an unanticipated block of free time! :clap:

So, here's wishing everyone here a great day!! :wave:

Kate

Roun2it
10-22-2004, 02:39 AM
You could always try e-bay, joining JT for a shopping trip. No cars, busses or trains, no bargin hunters getting underfoot.

andylavallee
10-22-2004, 03:32 AM
Good Morning each,It makes your heart bleed all that sticking and pasting and at the end nothing to show but no doubt a great picture and a wunderfull poem :envy: . and poor Kate at the conclusion of her bad start to the day she gets to stay home and paint!!!!! ah :wink2: . Morning Kev.

Blowing a gale and pouring rain here and forcast is for a few nasty days, got to put the finishing touches to my challenge painting , then just having sold another painting I intend trawling the net for the best paper deal I can find and if I have any money over I may buy some paint aswell :D I'm shopping Aka Kev no one else in the shop and I stay dry

Yorky
10-22-2004, 04:35 AM
Morning all :wave:

Had a quiet day yesterday - my U3a computer class in the morning, then ... nothing! :(

Poor Kate! I have to take the Subaru into the garage at Preston tomorrow for a full service and attention to the the air conditioning pump. It has been leaking for a couple of years and now the bearing has gone and it's making a terrific screaming noise. As the car is 6 years old, I'm going to ask if they can put a smaller fan belt on and leave the a/c pump disconnected. Could be expensive. :rolleyes:

Gotta do my rounds with the Heritage Calendars this morning - I'm on a Warners holiday at Holme Lacy Hotel, Hereford next Mon-Friday. Hope this nasty weather is over by then. Hope to do some plein air sketching. Trips to Worcester, Hay-on-Wye, Hereford and a stop at Ludlow on the way home are planned.

Ruth has a list of "fix-its" for me, so I don't think I'll get any painting done again :(

Hope you eye is responding to treatment, Andy - it sounds painful.

Bye for now, BBL,

Doug

painterbear
10-22-2004, 05:04 AM
Morning all,

It is a little before 5:00 a.m. here in Ohio. I think I am the only one awake on my street. The house next door has a new "Sale Pending" addition to the real estate sign in the lawn, so it looks like we'll be getting new neighbors one of these days unless they decide to do some renovation work (it needs it) before moving in. No new roof for us this week—I think the rains we had earlier set the roofer's schedule back a bit. Maybe next week.

Doug, What is a "Warners Holiday"? Is it something different than a regular holiday? Good luck with the auto repairs.

Andy, Sure sounds as if the whole of England is getting some nasty weather this week. Congratulations on selling more of your work. Is it one that you had showing in the local pub?

Kate, I'm so glad you were just expressing your emotions about missing your antiquing jaunt and not assigning us the word Poop to define! :eek: ;) Hope you have a fun day painting instead of wearing out your feet shopping.

Chris and Kev, I'm looking forward to seeing your elephant paintings and reading your poems. Have fun creating both of them.

Chris, One of the men in my Thursday art class is a published poet. He was going to a reading and book signing at a local book store last night. I told him about your and Kev's painting and poetry challenge and he thought it was a great idea.

Have to get the house dusted and straightened up today. Son and family are coming up tomorrow for a flying visit. Gives us a chance to see how much both boys have grown in the last month—at their young ages, it could be a lot.

Just got word yesterday of the start of another big proofreading project next Tuesday and I still have one more book to finish on the one I'm working on right now so I'm going to have to hustle and get it done asap. May have less time to spend looking at paintings here.

Speaking of which, think I'll bop around to the Gallery now while I have the chance.

SYL,

Sylvia

sisangel
10-22-2004, 05:11 AM
Good morning to all and (((((((((Chris)))))))))) X 11

I haven't slept a wink so have been browsing the various forums, which I rarely have the time to do. I have also been looking thru the RIL and decided to try the yellow & red tulips. Flowers really challenge me, but I am improving.

Just a thought Kev and Chris. Just how large of paper do you need to paint an elephant? :evil:

Some good news . We were at the Virginia Animal Control Association Conference in Virginia Beach. The awards banquet was last night where my Matt was named Officer of the Year. So we are all so happy. And it is much easier to live with a happy man than a grumpy one :cat: Maybe this would be a good time to talk to him about a new TV and new flooring in the house.

I'm going to go back to bed and try to sleep. If that doesn't work, I will paint tulips.

Bonnie G

Flattwo
10-22-2004, 05:24 AM
Morning all

Sunny but chilly..and windy

Kate...you need to invest in a portable starting battery with cables, they are great I got one for £40, if you have a car accessories store near you could try phoning them, they might deliver

Henry

madmum
10-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Good morning wet and washies :wave:

Drookit here today, just like yesterday and the day before, and looks like there's no change in site over the weekend. Wonder where the boat is being built? :wink2: The forecast this morning made me giggle, in the short, to the point version they said Weekend: Better stay in and watch the TV!

Need to check out the gallery today, I've neglected it this week, had a surprise visitor last night (DH invited him), which upset my plans for the evening. Not that I don't enjoy company, but I prefer to know in advance (then I could have at least tidied the living room!!!!)

Chris, I think JJ had a freeware image editing programme which would be good enough for resizing if photoshop crashes in future.

Kate, how disappointing!!!! At least you can paint, though, that's got to be good :clap:

Congrats on the sale, Andy! :clap: I also prefer shopping online now, there's more choice and no sore feet! ;) I'm guessing you won't be shopping for Arches paper, though? :wink2:

Doug, I really hope the weather improves for you by Monday! Of course I am being selfish, since it's half-term and I want my kids to go out as much as possible! lol If it doesn't stop raining there's a chance that the road across the river will flood, and you really don't want to have to cope with that. Do you have my number so I can meet you when you come into Hereford?

Sylvia, Warner Holidays are part of Rank, but they have all-adult hotels, mostly country houses or castles, very nice! DH worked for the one at Holme Lacy for a while, but the travelling was too much so he left. Some of the stories he tells are quite funny, but the main one was about the ghost in the main house! :eek:

Hi Bonnie, congrats to Matt! :clap: This does seem a good time to ask for those improvements ;)

Hugs to all,

Ruth

Europa
10-22-2004, 05:55 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just got up out of my pit - the weather is **** - grocery day today - oh great - I was telling SWMBO that our local Asda now do online shopping - her reply was ' Yes but its not as good as getting out of the house and doing it yourself' (you think!!! :( )

Kate sorry to hear about your car - when you say nothing happened - do you mean that it didnt even turn over - if you just get a click on your key as you turn it then it could be the alternator - just put the car in second gear and give it a rocking to and fro - see if that loosens it up - used to work for me......lol.

Chris - do you know 11 people?? :evil:

Andy - congrats on selling a painting!

Waving to Kev - Doug - Sylvia - Bonnie - Henry and Ruth.

Better make a move - got a meeting this morning.

Love and Hugs all round

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

jaytee
10-22-2004, 06:32 AM
MOrning drookity drookits....... its drookit here......... and as usual the gales have blown nearly all the glorious autumn leaves off the trees....... BAH!!!!!

Kate . I do understand (((hug)) my ISP dosconected as I was about to put in an outrageously high bid on a rug I was almost sure I wanted :) So its really looking after me :D And shortly after I found some 2 sets of liberty curtains Ive always wanted but couldnt afford...... so have put an outlsndishly high bid in for those too :eek:

What with watching the final moments of the auction and waiting in for deliveries and receiveing deliveries . i soon wont be ABLE to get out of the house even if I want to............having a jopb finding time to shower ...... PHEW :o

Normal service may resume .......... but the excitement of it all :D:D:D

Its friday again so must find time for another challenge.... thought youse guys tuplios and poems were fab........... was so gobsmacked that while I was lost for words the ISP timed out and I decided it was bedtime so take it from me now please............ Kev........those tulips are emblazoned on my forhead they really were smashing.........when are you going to get some of these new reelations into you sig line...... just so we ( and you) can see how much youve developed every time you pop in here ...........

I Always read . .......not always reply.... often TMTRI....... so youll just all have to learn to mind read, wont you :evil: :evil:

HH&J&WLTAWAHAAWAYTC

Kate Mc
10-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Pat, no, nothing happened at all. There was no click, there was nothing. It was deader than a doornail. (why are doornails considered deader than other stuff?? dunno) One of my neighbors has a charger, Henry, but he's not back yet.

But Kev, the point was to walk around and look at stuff, not necessarily to BUY!!

Doug, sorry about your A/C. The car I have now is the first one I have ever had that didn't have A/C. This is the first place I have ever lived where you could actually live without it. :rolleyes: Nice.

Henry, I think I'll wait till my neighbor comes home. I've never done this before, and I don't think I'll be doing it again. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/21440-1046-Crossfingers.gif So I'm hoping that I won't need to buy a charger. But it's nice to know about in case I start doing this regularly.....

Ruth, you're right. It's fun to paint today. I feel like I'm playing hookey...

LOL, Sylvia, at defining "poop". Several years ago we had a young German man staying with us in Washington while he was doing an internship at the District Court. I came home one day and said, "Boy, am I POOPED!". He didn't know that word, so we told him it meant reeeeeaaaallly tired. The next day he came home late and said, "Boy, I really POOPED!". We all fell out laughing at him, and he couldn't understand why. So that's two definitions. Then there's the poop deck. That's all I can think of......

Congratulations to Andy and to Bonnie's DH.

I finished one painting and I'm working on a study of my painting for the Flippin' Challenge. Back to it!!

EDIT:Jaytee, we cross-posted. When your house is totally redecorated, we'll all have to come back to see the new version!

Kate

Roun2it
10-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Where's Vasil this week, I don't know he has a birthday and then disappears after the celebrations. And I've given him an honoury mention in my non-poem this week. If your Lurking Vasil, go look at the tulips, you may like the poem. :wave:

Hope Lulu's enjoying the sun, it's pouring again here...,,,,,,.....

Quote from Sisangel: Just how large of paper do you need to paint an elephant? Awh come on I can't resist.......... Jumbo

Andy try Ken Bromleys I find it the best, and they have a new catalogue out so it's 10% off all first orders. You may have to ring them for that if you haven't got the catalogue. If you know someone who is a member of SAA W/N 140 Not is at half price and its the best paper I've used. And postage is free.

ScarletLake
10-22-2004, 06:37 AM
HI All

Sylvia = It's 6:30 am & I'm up too. Just took Tilly out for a little walk.
Talked with Justin at OU last night. He was pumped. His AF ROTC unit went to Rickenbaucker yesterday & he got to go on a refueling mission in the air yesterday. He said that they were so close to the other plane that he could read the patch on the other pilots uniform. I'm glad I didn't know that!!!
He is really having a great college experience. Can't believe he'll be home in 4 weeks. Guess I better get that bedroom ready.

My 16 yo is enjoying a day off school today & on Monday. I think some teacher conference/seminar type of things.

Today I'm going to pick up my paycheck & then go to my paint group. Today will be the last day I will get to do that but I will find an evening class probably after Christmas.

Will get the particulars today on what day I start new job next week.

A day of shopping for me tomorrow. I have no office attire since I have been wearing nursing scrubs for the since 1999.

Well off to get some laundry started.

Anita

Yorky
10-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi everyone, popped back in - soaked to the skin delivering calendars to the local shops :rolleyes:

Sylvia, Warners (http://www.warnerholidaysonline.co.uk/) is a super group of holiday hotels which ar 4-star and do 5-day and weekend breaks, providing bed, breakfast and evening meal with entertainment and all kinds of activities during the day. They are either in extended stately homes or luxury holiday chalets on the south coast. I recommend them as touring bases if you are travelling around England.

Kev - JUMBO - ha ha :D

Ruth, I have your number - I'll give you a ring - we're due to visit Hereford Thursday should be there around 11 am.

Bye for now, Doug

BobH
10-22-2004, 07:00 AM
Good morning everyone.

I fell asleep in a chair last night. Not a good idea. My body doesn't like that, doesn't seem to consider it "real" sleep. So if you want a word for the day, mine is 'stupified', 'cause that's precisely how I feel.

Kate - too bad about your car, but at least you get to paint! Hysterical story about the German man. :D My wife drives a Tahoe and the same thing happened to her. $500 for a new starter. :mad:

Chris and Kevin - I just wanted to mention how much I enjoy your challenge. Both of your tulip paintings (and accompanying poems) were lovely. And Kevin, wait until you try a full sheet! It's great fun! And I still have my elephant-size paper waiting for me. (Do you want it? Perfect for your elephant painting!)

Does anyone have a music track you can dance the Electric Slide to? That can be emailed to me? I want to do something fun with my geometry students but I need the music and haven't been able to find it yet. And I need it by Monday or I won't be able to do the activity. :(

Yesterday Patty asked about my new loft that I paint in (when I paint). It's true that in my old place in Massachusetts I had to paint on a small, unheated porch with my materials balanced on a folding tv tray. But now, in my new place in Raleigh, there is a fabulous loft area that I have appropriated. I've attached some pictures. The first is desk/computer station (it's two bathroom vanity cabinets and a 10' piece of countertop). #2 shows my bookcase and painting table. That's my big leather chair in #3. It doesn't fit in the living room and I have to admit I miss it. #4 is my painting table. And the last one, just for fun, is my brush holder - a fish mug! If you look out of the loft you can see the ledge where the elephant sized painting (if I ever actually do it) is supposed to go. The 'prototype' is the painting on the leather chair.

See you all later. I have to boogie and get ready for school.

Health and hope to all who need them.

Roun2it
10-22-2004, 07:25 AM
JT Signature edited as ORDERED, thank you maam, am I excused now!! :evil:

Starsprite
10-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Just a quick howdee before jetting across the room to work. :)

Hey Bob that is quite an improvement from your other "studio"... it's great!!! I'm jealous!! The "electric slide"??? LOL..havent heard of that one in awhile. I am not sure how to e-mail music files or I would look for something for you. Will ask daughter when she wakes up about 10 hours from now..she has the day off from school, teacher's district in-service today. What is it you teachers do on these days off anyway? :)

I'll come back and re-read the wash when I get a chance..... later dudes!!

Byeeee... have a good one! :)

Starpetal

Europa
10-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Bob if you look on this site you will find an electric slide midi file - just save it to your puter. You just have to scroll down to find it.

Pat

http://d21c.com/dodgerdawg/A-F.html

guilliame
10-22-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi everybody :wave: tried to post this morning but we are having elactrical problems in the area,sods law every time i got three quarters of the way thro the power went off,so for the 4th time here goes,woke up to a sunny bright morning,no rain for a change but it's blowing a gale out there.
The postman came this morning with a parcel for me,dontcha love it when there are no bills or junk mail,so a pressie ripping off the paper i found enclosed a windsor&newton watercolour set ideal for plein air,probaly try it out today but not outside tho :) so big a thankyou to the sender Yorkie.
Doug i guess i will need a bigger brush,the one inside is the size of a cotton bud,should be good for detail tho,also when i opened it up i couldn't find a small ruler lol :D
Kate,talking about postmen i'm like a cat on a hot tin roof,thought you would have got the pic i sent on monday,sorry to hear about your car,have you got a steep hill nearby then you could coast down and bump start it,9 times out of 10 it works,it;s the one time it doesn;t and you get to the bottom of the hill and you are faced with that long walk back up the hill :D stay in and wait for the jump leads and keep painting.
Oh well must go out i have to take my library books back,everybody take care and have a good day.

Uschi
10-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

I need to expand on our weather condition her - gray AGAIN!!!! This started last Saturday :rolleyes: After two months of sunshine we really, really do need the rain and I'd take the gray in stride BUT it's gray and NO rain. I need a bit of sunny sparkle in my life.

I read all the posts but am simply too uninspired to address them, because of the endless gray :rolleyes: :D so will just send good thoughts to all of you and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

Kate Mc
10-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Guilli, hi! :wave:

No, no picture yet. And I already got the mail today, so it won't come now before Monday.... :(

I wish I could push the car. It's in a tight parking spot in a garage at the bottom of a hill, though. But my neighbor should be home soon. If not, I'll call the Volvo garage and they'll send someone.

It's really nice to know that if I have any sort of problem at all, you guys can help me to solve it! What a place!

Uschi, sorry about the weather--come here, it's gorgeous today.

Kate, who's still painting! :D

Roun2it
10-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Pat that was the best laugh ever. I didn't know what this electric slide thing was until I went to that site. It's Rolf Harris's Stylophone.

Oh if anyone wants a laugh today just go to that site in Pats message and play Angels ......... the Robbie Williams song. It took me 20 mins to regain my composure. ROFLOL :evil: :D :D

Bob your schoolkids will enjoy these, but don't know how much learning will get done.

EDIT .. I'm now listening to Pink Floyds ... Bloody Well Right ......I may never stand up again. An aggresive rock anthem on a Stylaphone. I think they should make this one a ring tone............Bril.......... Pat you've cheererd me up anyway.

artmom
10-22-2004, 09:10 AM
G'day! It's foggy here this morning, so, hopefully, that means clear later on! I'm sooooo tired of grey days; we're only over 5" of rain for the year, but have had so many grey and cloudy days that we had our 16th coolest summer on record!

I hope to paint again today; however, I'm getting out of the house!!! :clap:
I'm getting my hair done; going to the airbase for a new dependent (Ed's retired USAF) card and, hopefully, out to eat in a restaurant!!! :D

Kev, perhaps you could use those orangepompoms when you cavort around the apple tree! :evil: :D

My Air Force son gets his orders today; :( I've really enjoyed having him home for the last three years--after 17 years of him being as far away as North Dakota, California, the Phillipines, Saudi Arabia. However, I'm trying not to complain, as he will only be about 6 1/2 hours away in Montgomery, Alabama. Melanie and Alex are remaining here, so we'll get to see him pretty often, I'd say! :)

Read all the posts; everyone seems to be doing pretty well, except Modine (Kate)! Why didn't you just call AAA? :evil: :D LOL

I'm going to pull a Uschi and use her excuse: I read all the posts but am simply too uninspired to address them, because of the endless gray so will just send good thoughts to all of you and greetings!

May your today be a lot better than your yesterday!

Lyn

mr sandbanx
10-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Chris - do you know 11 people?? :evil:

No I do not, so I expect three from you please Pat.

Chris

KathyJB
10-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Hello Washies!!

I am hustling off to work today hoping to have time to pick up cash so i can order lunch in

nothing in the cubboards for me..oh wait maybe soup ummm.

How many WCers does it take to paint an elephant?
Ok now how about a white elephant?

heheh

happy working, painting, sleeping. convalesing, and creating,
love yo ya all,

Whooah have I been waiting to long before switching off my 13 yr olds' rap music?
Thats love to you all
Katinrapperhat.....

Little Old Lady
10-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Greetings :wave:
Thanks Chris for Bucky Badger!
Kate I know how you feel when the battery is dead. I am always doing something stupid and having it happen.
I has bee mostly gray here for the last week. Just have to find something else to brighten your life!
Today is one day of the week when I don't Have to be any where :) :)
Hope you all have a good one!
JoAnn

droll13
10-22-2004, 10:34 AM
I've enjoyed reading the wash so far.

Some folks have good weather, some have bad. Some received presents, some have car problems. Pictures of a nice studio, humorous links to visit, support for one's favorite college football team (but USC rules over them all - and no, I'm not a USC alum).

Anyway, it feels just like a bunch of friends having a pleasant get-together. Which, I guess, it really is.

My blasted cold is still hanging around - it's at the stage where I cough so much I give myself both a headache and a stomache ache. Hope it's all gone next week when Faafil & I hope to meet up with JJ & Alan at LAX.

Many of my photos have come from my small front yard. Here are a few I took yesterday in the back yard.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-445F_rotated_crop-01.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-448F_crop-01.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-449F_crop-03.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-451F.JPG

Have a good day everyone.

BobH
10-22-2004, 10:35 AM
What is it you teachers do on these days off anyway? :)
Starpetal

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/2799-letsirishjigwp.jpg

PARTY !!!

:D :evil: :angel:

Christie
10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Morning All!

JJ and Alan are on the move again! Have to get ready to pick them up at noon.

I am getting my hair cut first, so if you hear any screams of anguish it'll be me discovering that i do not like the new hairstylist.:D

Am now going to read the wash...

Take care.

BobH
10-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Bob if you look on this site you will find an electric slide midi file - just save it to your puter. You just have to scroll down to find it.

Pat

http://d21c.com/dodgerdawg/A-F.html
Thanks Pat!!! I'll check it out when I get home. :wave:

pampe
10-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Happy Friday, washers and washerettes!

KEV...shouldn't that be DUMBO ???? :wink2:

Quiet cold and rainy....has been all week...sometimes changing to snow flurries...have to admit that GOLF really is OVER :crying: :crying:

Kate....poor baby :o POOP

Janet...once the EBAY bug hits, it's all over....I NEVER shop anywhere else any more....

Going to try to do some watecolors from our trip last month....with 700 photos, you's think I could find inspiration, eh?

*crossing fingers for Christie's haircut*

Becca's birthday this weekend....who can believe how they age so fast???

Have a great day

Pam

Yorky
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi Pam,

We didn't hear much about your itinerary in the UK - unless I missed it. Nor did we see many photos :confused:

Did you get to Port Meirion?

Doug

mustcreate
10-22-2004, 11:22 AM
hi washerbuds!!

I've been in lurk mode lately....just not feeling right since getting back from our weekend away. :(

my dream concert Elton John was great!! he is a phenomenal performer....close your eyes and you'd swear it was a CD playing. great show....but it was more of a show than it was a concert. mostly rehearsed jokes and banter etc. *shrugs shoulders* maybe it's just me, but I kind of like a little spontaneity.

the Jimmy Buffett concert was incredible!!! what an experience that was. we were so out of place ;) - almost everyone was dressed up in their fave song :eek: !!! lol it was so much fun with beachballs being batted around - hundreds of them!! friendly people. I've never heard so many people sing EVERY word to EVERY song before. what a night!!

just been hanging around the house trying to recover from our weekend. *whew* so very much walking involved in navigating vegas. we had so much fun though :)

hopefully this will be a quiet weekend :wink2:

then next tuesday Calgary and meeting with Christie, Rich, JJ and other WCer's!! excited!! :clap:

have a creative day!!

em

pampe
10-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Doug...I posted a bunch of photos daily for about a week in the WASH...maybe you missed them

Here:

Arrived London-Gatwick
Brighton
Winchester
Salisbury
Stonehenge
Bath
Hereford
KINGTON/Pembridge
Wales: Gelligaer
Merthyr Tdfil
Caerphilly
Aberwstwyth
Snowdonia
Portmeirioin
Caernarfon
Conwy

Chester
LAKES: Windemere
Scotland: Glasgow
Loch Lomond
Fort William (Ben Nevis)
Oban
Isle of Skye
Plockton
Dahlwinnie
Perth
Edinburgh
Dunbar
Berwick-upon-Tweed (Linnisfarne)
Yorkshire Dales
York
Derby (Belper)
Cambridge
Turned in the Car at STANSTEAD
London (3 days)

:)

Yorky
10-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Doug...I posted a bunch of photos daily for about a week in the WASH...maybe you missed them :)
Ooof! ( la Jana :D ) I do remember seeing most of those - didn't realise there were so many. :o

And did you get to Portmeirion?

Doug

pampe
10-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Doug...I posted a bunch of photos daily for about a week in the WASH...maybe you missed them

Here:

Arrived London-Gatwick
Brighton
Winchester
Salisbury
Stonehenge
Bath
Hereford
KINGTON/Pembridge
Wales: Gelligaer
Merthyr Tdfil
Caerphilly
Aberwstwyth
Snowdonia
Portmeirioin
Caernarfon
Conwy

Chester
LAKES: Windemere
Scotland: Glasgow
Loch Lomond
Fort William (Ben Nevis)
Oban
Isle of Skye
Plockton
Dahlwinnie
Perth
Edinburgh
Dunbar
Berwick-upon-Tweed (Linnisfarne)
Yorkshire Dales
York
Derby (Belper)
Cambridge
Turned in the Car at STANSTEAD
London (3 days)

:)

Yorky
10-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Now, I didn't see this! Did you enjoy?

Doug

Cathie Jones
10-22-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty sure most of you know that things are a little strange in parts of California. Our kids are out of control thanks to parents being "too busy" to be parents, and the schools are not allowed to discipline kids . . .

I don't know if this is true, I got it in an e-mail, but whether it is nor not, it's pretty funny (if you don't have a kid in school in California! :rolleyes: )

This is the message that the Pacific Palisades High School(California)

Staff voted unanimously to record this on their school telephone answering machine. This came about because they implemented a policy requiring students and parents to be responsible for their children's absences and missing homework.

The school and teachers are being sued by parents who want their children's failing grades changed to passing grades even though those children were absent 15-30 times during the semester and did not complete enough school work to pass their classes.

This is the actual answering machine message for the school:

"Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your school.

In order to assist you in connecting the right staff member, please listen to all your options before making a selection:

"To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1

"To make excuses for why your child did not do his work- Press 2

"To complain about what we do - Press 3

"To swear at staff members - Press 4

"To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed in your newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5

"If you want us to raise your child - Press 6

"If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone - Press 7

"To request another teacher for the third time this year- Press 8

"To complain about bus transportation - Press 9

"To complain about school lunches - Press 0

"If you realize this is the real world and your child must be accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work, homework, and that it's not the teachers' fault for your child's lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!"

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English thank a veteran.

jaytee
10-22-2004, 01:41 PM
THANK YOU KEV

please leave the tulips there for ever........ its a real cheerer upper.......... or better still email me and let us start negotiating :D

Today is one day of the week when I don't Have to be any where

And JoAnn ... you didnt mention clearing your midden ONCE !! :wink2:

Pam...... at least your itineraru sonfirms that its possible for ebayers to leave their machines once in a while !!! just spent a FORTUNR on some libert curtains Ive wanted for YEARs and could never afford ( and still cant !) at anywhere near full price !!! Arts and craft 'IANTHE' design from 1900 in original dark blue and spice colours. like my 4 little cushions in the living room if yo ever saw them withot bodies lying around :D

Must get back there and see how rug no 4 is cooking :evil:

Lyn. .....thanks for your comment on 3/52....... Im guessing its a compliment :wink2: :D :wave:

droll13
10-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Cathie, although other states & countries probably lament the same situation, as a fellow Californian, I reacted to your post with both a chuckle and a sad shake of the head.

Hayward
10-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Cathie -
your post on California Schools I think is no different than anywhere else. Californian's seem to always be the butt of jokes like this....
My Wisconsin husbands responses regarding California - is always, "Well of course, What do you expect?"....at which point I SMACK HIM (who says Aikido doesn't come in handy?)

Native Californian and love it! (moved to WI 4 years ago - my 2nd hubby is here and I moved to be with him) my kids (sad) are still in CA and its tough sometimes.... more so than not.

a "Valley Girl" for sure..... (San Fernando Valley)

Jo

Europa
10-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Kev I didnt actually listen to the song as I was off to do other things - LOL - but that electric slide one doesnt sound like a stylophone to me - but I heard the Robbie Williams one - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh........LOL. Ooh I hope Bob doesnt think I did it on purpose. :(

Well I got a letter finally from the hospital today - seems that it may be an operation am going in for and not another cortisone injection - they have referred me to Wrightington which is the orthopaedic hospital here ( bit of trivia - Gloria Swanson had a hip replacement done there once....lol). Am not too sure about this op - will have to see exactly what they are going to do - whether a manipulation or a complete removal (ooooooh ouch!!!!) Oh well will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Pam - I bet you drove past our house on your way from Chester to the Lakes - ooooooh you could have called in and had a cuppa with our Jamie......lol.

Waving to everyone TMTRTI - am off to watch some tv.

love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Europa
10-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Oops forgot - here you go Chris!!!

Pat xxx

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2004/29499-considerurselfhugs.jpg

hopefulbucky
10-22-2004, 02:50 PM
OFFA Pat, I am so sorry, is this for your back or your hip? I am so sorry and when do they think that they will do this? And do they think that they can keep this girl down, don't think so, they have no idea what they are in for, you will have them all rolling on the floor with your wit and your poems. Just want to know that I am sending you great big huge hugs from here on the west coast, know that they will grow by the time they reach you as they have to travel such a far distance.

Hang in there girl as I know you will.

Starsprite
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
EDIT .. I'm now listening to Pink Floyds ... Bloody Well Right ......I may never stand up again. An aggresive rock anthem on a Stylaphone. I think they should make this one a ring tone............Bril.......... Pat you've cheererd me up anyway.

LOL Kev!!!!! Have you listened to Bang-A-Gong?! I'm groovin on it now...snappin my fingers. LOL :D Hey...Addicted to Love is pretty snappy too. :D

Dave...you should go to this site for some music to put you in a happier mood.... Pat found this site. http://d21c.com/dodgerdawg/A-F.html

Europa
10-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Judy - thanks for the hugs - this is for my broken coccyx which I have been troubled with for over 12 months - to be honest I think an operation is inevitable as the pain is just getting worse.

Am not scared of operations or needles or anything - am just a bit concerned with this one solely because of my heart trouble. The doctor at the hospital said I should be ok as its four years since I had my heart attack but my reply was that when i had the heart attack the doctor at the hospital said he didnt think I had actually had one and five minutes later my heart stopped.......LOL......so excuse me for being a little bit wary of what doctors tell me nowadays......LOL.

Must admit I do have a bit of fun if I have ever had to have a general anaesthetic as my first name is Margaret and I really only answer to Pat so when they are shouting Margaret to bring me round I dont normally answer then when I do I say - 'But my name is Pat not Margaret - then they panic thinking they have the wrong patient......LOL' I usually follow it up with saying I only came in for an injection :evil:

Ok back to the tv - good television night tonight - may do some painting later though.....ages since I posted something in the gallery it seems.

BBL - Love and hugs

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

hopefulbucky
10-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Pat you definitely do know how to make lemonade. You have a wonderful attitude. I was cracking up at my desk reading about "Margaret" versus "Pat" and telling them you came in for an injection. Makes me start laughing all over again thinking of the looks on their faces and the panic that must set in. So we can call you "Peggy"? is that right?

madmum
10-22-2004, 04:18 PM
I LOVE the site you found, Pat! Current favourite is Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love :D

CharM
10-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Hi Washonians!!! It's late in the afternoon... grey and gloomy... my last day of holidays... We got JJ and Alan off to the airport early this morning... home by noontime... napping shortly thereafter!! :eek:

I've managed to read today's Wash... and it's a terrifically upbeat one... wonderful pics... a few hugs needed... lots of smiles given...

I'm suffering from brain-drain marshmallow-mind... so... can't respond to anyone... :eek:

...just hoping you have a super evening... I think I'll go back to being a couch potatoe... :D

...well...

...maybe I'll pop into the Gallery for a quick look... :evil:

jaytee
10-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Well I guess it had to happen........ Jjs taken over the world !!!! The only emails Im getting for new posts are for her trip thread !!:D Char.......have a good rest...........JJ was still under theOp wether while here in UK but I guess shes now recuperated ....... hi JJ :wave: :wave: Sylv ...... I noticed the clothing difference too......... but men never seem to feel the cold do they ......

TV???? whats that Peggy /Pat /Margaret ? ( and Cathie g/f........I 'm beginign to suspect you spend more time chortling wity your interent friends than working....... but I wont tell the boss :D) get on E bay and foget about tv. :wink2:

have to share this with you. was looking at art stuff and came across this description of an item from china...

Welcome you to come here!!!  

Thank you for your viewing my items , you know ,China's porcelain is well -known .Perhaps, you will see in oversea muuseum, everywhere has China's porcelain ,we can say this , from its stuff ,sculpt , design and
painting and so on all are larruping ,far-between titbit.

Whether you use for deck or display and justice ,it will bring you unimaginable gladness .Saying is not as looking , after you see all my collections' pictures you will find them's craftwork so exquisite that you can help youself enjoying to collect them

Now personally I rather like the sound of a larruping ,far-between titbit.  Hows about you ;)

MARVIN.......... translation please :evil: :evil: :evil:

madmum
10-22-2004, 05:07 PM
have to share this with you. was looking at art stuff and came across this description of an item from china...

Welcome you to come here!!!  

Thank you for your viewing my items , you know ,China's porcelain is well -known .Perhaps, you will see in oversea muuseum, everywhere has China's porcelain ,we can say this , from its stuff ,sculpt , design and
painting and so on all are larruping ,far-between titbit.

Whether you use for deck or display and justice ,it will bring you unimaginable gladness .Saying is not as looking , after you see all my collections' pictures you will find them's craftwork so exquisite that you can help youself enjoying to collect them

Now personally I rather like the sound of a larruping ,far-between titbit.  Hows about you ;)

MARVIN.......... translation please :evil: :evil: :evil:

*Splutter* *cough* JAYTEE! You made me choke because I was trying not to spurt cider over the keyboard!!!!! ROFL!

*thinks* we need to get counselling for JT to cure her of her ebay addiction!

Ruth

Europa
10-22-2004, 05:18 PM
PEGGY!!!! - well I have been called a lot worse.......LOL.

JT - oh gosh - your addicted girl - I was just the same when I discovered ebay - don't forget there is also www.ebid.co.uk as well - similar site but if you are selling something then its a lot cheaper.

Have you not checked out the REALLY WIERD stuff on there yet??

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1468&item=5528443284&rd=1

LOL

Pat

madmum
10-22-2004, 05:23 PM
OMG Pat! :eek: ROFL!

laudesan
10-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone.. Well we are settling into Christes very nicely.. :) George has just got home from school, Doug has just picked up his newish car and has popped off to work for a bit. Alan is vege-ing out on the lounge chair reading a book.. Moi.. :D Here of course..

Chris.. www.xat.com Elephants??????

Hi JT.. :wave: :) It wasn't really cold, I was just saving myself from carrying my coat.. Honest..

Char Did you HAVE top post that pic....????? :wink2: :o:

Oh Kate.. :( Double Poop from me too. What a downer.. Hope you had fun painting tho'.. :)

Well we all went for a ride in Dougs new car, gave it the seal of approval.. :D Now I am too going to vege out for a bit..

Huggles everyone..

jaytee
10-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Oh dear dear dear Peggy....... ROFLMAOPMP........... but at least not f*****g :evil: :evil:

no , Im saving weird ones for when I'm feeling low.......... apparently someone in Bristol advertised a bucket of tapwater for a joke but decided to give the money to charity when the bidding soared to over £100 !!!!

Just got into my first dispute there with a rug dealer........ hes been and gone and done me out of 2 inches :D

I did look at E-bid........ but at the moment it has nowhere near as many items or sellers on it............ maybe Ill start to sell there... but I guess it attracts fewer punters..........

JJ..........why dont you all have a lie in tomorrow and sunday....... it will do you all good........ hows Alan sfoot now? Give him a hug from me but please dont tread on it :evil: :evil:

Guess where Im off to now he=he=he !!!!!

Europa
10-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Just got into my first dispute there with a rug dealer........ hes been and gone and done me out of 2 inches :D

Hmmmmmmm I was always told that size didnt matter!!! :evil:

Pat (Peggy :p )

jaytee
10-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Hmmmmmmm I was always told that size didnt matter!!! :evil:

Pat (Peggy :p )

LOOL...........I just KNEW youd fall for that one if I set you up :wink2: Hope the boys arent watching :evil:

mr sandbanx
10-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Hellllloooooooo ladies, whats going on!!! :confused: :confused:

JustjoGA
10-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Oh, How I Love This Place!

Cathie Jones
10-22-2004, 10:17 PM
OHMYGAWD! Does anyone wonder why I spend as much time chortling here as I do working??? :clap: :D :o

Since I'm not working right now, I'm ROFLMAOPMP (can't do that at work!!).

BobH
10-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Kev I didnt actually listen to the song as I was off to do other things - LOL - but that electric slide one doesnt sound like a stylophone to me - but I heard the Robbie Williams one - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh........LOL. Ooh I hope Bob doesnt think I did it on purpose. :(

Pat xxx
Pat, you're killin' me! I'm listening to a Bob Dylan classic, Forever Young, ohmygawd it's like elevator music on steroids. :D :D I'm dyin', I'm dyin'... I can't stop laughing... oh my... you did this on purpose didn't you... just trying to get rid of another Yank. Oh, my ... :wink2: :D :D

And 'Simply Irresitible', oh my oh my... and the Beatles 'Taxman' ... just too funny...

Starsprite
10-22-2004, 11:15 PM
LOL Bob!!! Did you listen to Bang a Gong? It's hillarious...and a very long song. I downloaded a thing called Limewire.... at Limewire.com and you can get Electric Boogie...which is what I think you are looking for.