PDA

View Full Version : Free Listing Day! - ebay.co.uk on Sunday (11/4)

timelady
11-03-2001, 06:28 AM
Just thought I'd pass it on.

Remember, if you're registered on any ebay you can list on ebay.co.uk. You can stipulate payment in US$ if you want in your auction listing. I'll have lots of space art going up for my virtual open studio!

Tina.

fmarsh
11-04-2001, 07:54 AM
Thanks Tina,
I have put a few on. These pounds look much better than the South Pacific Peso which some know as Oz dollars.

It is interesting that the painting categories in the UK, USA and Australian boards are all different now. I put my work in UK Oils category but it does not appear in the Australian Ebay. Whilst those who have put it in the UK general do appear in the Australian Ebay. I think that with all the recent category additions and changes, Ebay have not mapped the categories between their international sites.

I will leave it overnight and change categories in the morning if it has not remedied.

Fred

timelady
11-04-2001, 01:13 PM
They will NOT re-categorise. I had nightmares with this last week and had to contact ebay support.

You need to change your category to one of the general ones:

Art - Fine - Paintings - General
Art - Fine - General

Tina.

fmarsh
11-05-2001, 01:15 AM
You were right I manually moved them.

Seems better to look for a category number rather than a category name when seeking listing in the inbternational Ebays. Category #551 seems common to all ebays, but has different names in each Ebay.

Fred

timelady
11-05-2001, 06:06 AM
Ah, interesting! I didn't even thing to look at category numbers... perhaps will do some research and post a list. :) That could explain why some of my items came up on the US ebay under Comtemporary - 50s to now (or whatever that category is) - OTHER. The "other" categories really worry me! :(

Tina

fmarsh
11-05-2001, 06:30 AM
You got it. Painting Contemporary Other is the category #551 in the US Boards. Wheras it is Paintings - General in the UK and Painting in Australia.

These are not necessarily the best or right categories for our work, but they are the only ones that get you in front of a far wider audience.

Fred