PDA

View Full Version : First Post

Complicated Artist
10-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone~

Just dropping a quit post to introduce myself and to hang out.

This summer I painted a canvas in acrylic for the first time and am just completing a second one. This is a new medium for me (and I'm loving it to) as I've been into charcoals and pencil in the past.

I'll post some pics here soon for your viewing and input.

Catch ya on the flipside,
Complicated Artist

:clap:

jbitzel
10-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Welcome, you will spend too much time here. :wave: Hey don't keep us in suspense post those pics.... James

damar
10-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Welcome to WC and the acrylics forum, hope you enjoy this little part of the art world on the internet! :)

Marty C
10-21-2004, 05:10 AM
Hi Complicated Artist,
Welcome to Wet Canvas :wave:
You'll soon become addicted, you have been warned! :D
If you have any questions on how the site works, just ask them in the New User Channel (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/channels.php?s=&channel_id=2).

Artguy29
10-21-2004, 08:03 AM
Hi, welcome to WC! and the acrylics forum :wave: ! Looking forward to seeing some of your work. See 'ya in the threads!

Dave

busy91
10-21-2004, 10:46 AM
welcome. :wave:

I hope to get to see some of your work soon.

it'sALLart
10-21-2004, 10:58 AM
yee haw! another acrylic-ite!!! welcome! :wave:

TxAggieDarlin
10-21-2004, 01:37 PM
HI ...I am new too.......Welcome...This is a really great group and very helpful. :wave:

Complicated Artist
10-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Thank you all! I feel like I belong somewhere now! :cool:

I will hopefully post pictures by the end of this weekend at the latest. I have to go get a tri-pod. Know of any sites with affordable photographer light screens?

Thanks again!
Complicated Artist

Lady Carol
10-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi Complicated:
Welcome also from me as well. It is always great to get newbies in the forum. Now don't keep us waiting too long before we see some of your works.

Complicated Artist
10-23-2004, 03:47 AM
It's 11:40pm and I've run out of canvases and don't have the heart to go to sleep. hah

Plus, I can't really comment on the painting yet as I'm waiting for the sun to rise so I can take some pictures and post them. The halogen track lighting in the room effect the painting too much with glares (which is why I'm looking for a photographer's lighting screen and stand).

I've read all 206+ pages of threads...well, not really, but the last 15 or so threads at least. :wink2: Arg! Hurry up sun and rise!

Oh...did I mention I was bored?? :wave:

Complicated and post-happy Artist

gnu
10-23-2004, 05:59 AM
one thing guaranteed here, whatever walls/hold-up you run into, someone here's had them before you! I remember having to wait for light too before photographing work, then learning how to straighten up the crooked shots etc..:D
Now I just wait for the paint to dry so I can carry on with the next bit..

Faded
10-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Welcome to wetcanvas Complicated, I look forward to seeing your work.
-Faded

Complicated Artist
10-23-2004, 05:43 PM
So get this, When I woke up this morning it was raining and will through the end of the day. haha...oh, well.

I'll hanging a sheet from the ceiling to create a light screen and take pictures like that.

Be back within a few hours.

CA

ShellyF
10-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Welcome to WC! I am looking forward to seeing your work as well... don't keep us in suspense ;)

Complicated Artist
10-23-2004, 06:11 PM
*Setting up the room to take pictures*

Maybe I should quit posting replies to this thread raising more suspense as it may backfire on me by you getting your hopes up and then being let down.

haha
CA

Complicated Artist
10-23-2004, 06:31 PM
*Setting up the room to take pictures*

Maybe I should quit posting replies to this thread raising more suspense as it may backfire on me by you getting your hopes up and then being let down.

haha
CA