PDA

View Full Version : Email issue...please read!

Dyin
10-20-2004, 03:30 PM
It's come to our attention that some of our member notices are being caught in spam guards. If you wish to receive our notices then please put the following addresses in your Approved list. If it is a server spam guard, either let your server know which addresses you want to receive or go to their Spam mail site where there are lists for adding approved addresses. If you have Norton Anti-Spam there will be a folder for this in your mail program where some mail is automatically routed. Click on the folder and if you see our adress click on that letter and then click 'This is not Spam' on the Anti-Spam option in the toolbar.
I have had some come through with no problem and others ended up at the Server, so it's best just to add the addresses you may get mail from.
Just copy and paste into your lists:

[email protected]

other addresses you may possibly receive emails from:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thank you! :)

stonewhiteclown
11-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Sue, I think there may be another issue. The e-mail addresses listed on our members pages are easy pick for the spam sending lists. Can we have them disguised? Usually people insert something and put the note to remove it. Something like that

mailto:[email protected] (remove "antispam." part)
mailto:[email protected] (remove "NOSPAM" to send)

Does it make sense? Or maybe it hurts the presentation? Who I have to ask if I want to update my page this way?

Dyin
11-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Alex, I understand what you are saying, but not enough to know how it works, I'll make sure Carly sees and responds to this, she'll know a bit more about whether this is something the webmasters can do. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!