PDA

View Full Version : Note Card Sample

Strawberry Wine
10-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi All:

I received a PM regarding how I did my blank note cards so in response to that I have posted an image of one of them.

Naturally, I scanned my painting and then resized it.

The cards are printed on acid free textured note cards made by "Avery" I purchased them at Business Depot. There are 15 sheets (2 pre folded cards per sheet) and 30 envelopes. I think the cost is about $14.00 Cdn. I printed them on my HP 7150 printer using the Tri Colour cartridge using the normal or best mode. I did not use the photo ret cartridge. I tried both ways and there was not a significant difference.

I used a program called Microsoft Greetings to make the card but any program will do or you can do it from scratch. Practice a few times on plain paper. Once you have printed one card you must turn the note card paper around to print the second card.

The textured paper looks very much like water colour paper and these cards sold well.

On the back side of the card I placed my info and the location of the painting.

Hope this helps for those who are thinking of making cards for sale or for Christmas Cards.

Cheers,

Gail

Back and Front. The inside is blank
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/13320-note_card_sample.jpg

and a close up of the texture

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/13320-note_card_sample_close_up.jpg

Grainne
10-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks, Gail, for taking the time and trouble to share this! :) Soooo helpful!

Your lighthouse makes a great looking card too!

Do you package them up with a ribbon or in some sort of envelope or box?

Thanks again!
Grainne

Hayward
10-20-2004, 03:42 PM
I've made note cards as well for myself and for my aunt who also is an artist.

BUT - don't you think you need a copyrite symbol?

Jo

thetech
10-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Very nice indeed. What a great Idea, thanks for the info!

Strawberry Wine
10-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Jo, never even occured to me add that to the back of the cards. Will remember that for future cards. Thanks!

Thanks Thetch !

Graine: for the 2 art festivals I tucked each one into a fold lock sandwhich bag not the ziploc and taped it smooth on the back. I had 3 different baskets of them, florals, landscapes and birds. The people could choose any combination. A package of 3 or 4 different Irish landscapes with a nice green ribbon would work well. I would also include a basket or something to contain individually wrapped cards in as well , as some people will only buy one.

I also had a small white matte cut with a V-groove and put one of the cards behind the matting and put it on a mini easel. People saw that the card could be framed into a mini size painting. I had many people choosing 3 or 4 different cards to make into a mini collection for a small wall space.

Glad I was able to help. If you need any other feedback, just ask.

Cheers,

Gail

toyam
10-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info Gail, that card stock looks great, I will look for it...

Bonnie R

jspatton
10-21-2004, 11:57 AM
A note about packaging:

I get great little clear plastic boxes from www.clearbags.com to package my printed cards. I package six per box but you could do more or fewer by ordering a different thickness box. They look incredibly professional.

jspatton
10-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Here's a link to those boxes:

clear boxes (http://www.clearbags.com/?category|NEWBOXES)

Strawberry Wine
10-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Those clear boxes look great. Thanks for providng the link

Gail

jsteenhuis
10-21-2004, 05:10 PM
This information is really helpfull. Thanks Gail.

Uschi
10-21-2004, 05:21 PM
I just wanted to verify that Gail's cards do look quite wonderful!! Gail was kind enough to send me a sample when I bugged her for info some time ago.
Uschi

jaytee
10-23-2004, 07:48 PM
A timely thread..........around Christmas :)

So 'Im giving it foive' a joke that will be wasted on anyone under 50 inte Uk and everyone outside of it :D

five stars I mean......... :)

Uschi
10-23-2004, 07:56 PM
So 'Im giving it foive' a joke that will be wasted on anyone under 50 inte Uk and everyone outside of it :D

HAHA I GET IT!!!! and I remember it well!!!!
Uschi

Strawberry Wine
10-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Thanks Jaytee :)

Cheers,

Gail