PDA

View Full Version : 2 Witches for Halloween

dcolb121
10-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Been almost 30 years away from painting when I discovered Twistedbrush from Pixarra. The two witches were drawn almost exclusively with it and a graphics pad. A little out of proportion and perspective here and there, but I have much to relearn. Digiart makes it so much easier getting the special little effects to look good. Witch 1 is complete, witch 2 still in work (yeah, right...is digiart ever complete?) Most of my other work is posted at the Twistedbrushers Yahoo website. Going back a few months when I got back into this, I can see a great improvement in my "eye" for things...

Don

Jet
02-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Beautiful job ..
quite inspirational and a good sample of what can be done from scratch...

Great example of pure and Original Digital Art...

Keep 'em coming :clap:

Regards

dcolb121
02-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks, Jet, for all the kind words and for pushing two of "my girls" back to the top...

I have many many, more original digiarts. I'll start trickling them in here (or, if you're impatient, you could find my past posts in Fantasy/Sci)...

Don

wiscojaydub
02-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Don like i said before you are amazing! So strut a little! Show off yer gurls.. :clap: :clap: :clap: jaydub :D

chaz
02-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Great work Don. Your "Ladies" are wonderful, and the coloring is outstanding. Looking forward to more of your painting. Glad to see that you are coming out of "Retirement" so to speak and joiningg the digital art channel.

I'm relatively new the WC!, but I like what I see here, especially the digital art channel. I have not posted much
here, only two images, but what I have done is from "Scratch" also. I do compromise a little I guess because I come from a watercolor background and tend to sketch my subject first, then I scan the image and go from there, So I guess I'm not a purist in that respect. However I don't paint over or use trace programs or any digital manipulation of the painted image in my work.

happy to see your work.

Chuck

justjean
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
My o my thats not what I thought witches looked like LOL, but your work is wonderful :clap: :clap:

dcolb121
02-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks again jay...the girls are coming...I think I will post with wip...

Chaz, I'm not entirely 100% digi...there are some that I sketched up real quick at work and then scanned and completed on the computer. The number I did has been very small, though. Most are completely done on computer.

justjean in answer to your observation...yes, they are non-stereotypical, but didn't the withered old hags we're used to seeing start out young? Of course, being a witch she can take any form, being the magical creature she is (look at the evil queen in Disneys Snow White...she became old and ugly so she could lure SW with the apple).

And no one ever notices her "familiar" (her cat) sitting on the broomstick with her.

I have a failing however...I LIKE drawing them looking young, boxum and sexy & in the manga style. I may be old, but de fire's still there. I'll parade the rest of my "manga" girls in eventually.

I think the next post I do is going to be a from-memory painting I did of a supervillian. If you read comics when you were young (or even now), you all know of Dr. Doom from the Marvel comics...so when I get home from work, I'll post him with wip.

Don