PDA

View Full Version : Daily Wash Wenesday, October 20th

KathyJB
10-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Hello Washhies!!!
Thought I would get a jump on it tonight for those of you that hate that
I'l sorry :D. Been a pretty good week so far but would be better if the best place to get a flue vaccine wasnnt at the supermarket. I am used to buying notebookd and instant photos cameras and even picture frames and the grocery store but vaccines?
Not for me.
I did pick up a new pair of reading glasses this week at the market but I wont need them unless I am able to readjust to contact lenses,
Hey i can live in hope yes... The shape of my eyess changed when i because pregnant with my second child and ni couldnt wear contacts anymore till jus a few monthes ago when they came out with those really soft water permeable disposable lenes... but I digess,,, guess i am so glad to be talking to anyone on WC tonihgt the place hgas been really quiet lately... reallly quiet. Good to hear Jackie is back and hobbling about with us again and wish all those of you that fel under the weather are soon free of your illnesses and conditions... so till morning have a wonderful sleep and lovely morning and great afternoon,

Katinhatgoing sleeping,

maltman
10-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi Katinhat

The shape of my eyess changed when i became pregnant with my second child

Guess Mr. Sandbanx had a similar problem, according to Spritey from yesterday's Daily Wash

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/48302-6385-Marty.jpg

who is at this moment driving around in her Austin Healey Sprite in deepest Kansas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/48302-austin-healey_sprite_1960_copy.jpg

And to all those that follow ...Have a nice day...I'm off to bed!

Brian

droll13
10-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Good morning all.

Actually it's 9:40 Tuesday evening for me. I caught my daughter's cold I rarely get colds (maybe once every 18 or 24 months), but when I do, they're usually pretty severe. Fell asleep about 3 hours ago, then woke up coughing & sneezing., with a bad sore throat. Got some hot tea now and am hoping symptoms abare enough for me to get back to sleep.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll post a couple of the photos that you've seen here recently into the RIL.

Have a good day everyone.

mr sandbanx
10-20-2004, 01:08 AM
So how long did it take to photoshop all that... and thanks for polishing my car.

LOL Kat, you in the market and glasses... reminds me of the campfire song:

I am so blind I cannot see, I have not brought my specs with me....LOL

So, enough about you guys, lets talk about me:

Elephants bah... stretched paper tonight, am ready to roll. Poem will come in a flash, or not at all.. I will worry about this later. Today, I have tons of proposals to write, was asked to think of new password for server at work and hard to believe but was at a loss for words? So canna sleep now.

Thanks everyone for Christmas stuff, keep it coming, Newsletter is 16 pages of which I currently have vacant... 16 PAGES!!!!

Its funny what one commits to when one is absent at work. Brenda has decided I shall do the following in the near future:

1. do logo for horse stable as all the girls are getting fancy new jackets... Hmmmm thats a challenge in itself. Of course they want it now.

2. The yellow tree in my yard has a plastic bag in the top, blown there which my wife desires I remove. The whoosh/thump you hear, just ignore it....

3. Possibilities to electrocute myself abound, as Brenda also intends I remove myself and my computer to more confined spaces, and hang the Christmas lights. Also to fix baseboard heat in sons room.

She never asks for a poem!!!

Oh and my dog actually did fall out of a tree today... dont ask! But JJ will be thrilled to know it has eaten my white paint!

Regardless, its pretty good where I am, hope its the same for you guys...

From one of my favourite poems:

An' I am rich, becos me eyes 'ave seen
The lovelight in the eyes of my Doreen;
An' I am blest, becos me feet 'ave trod
A land 'oo's fields reflect the smile o' God.

Its good to remember this.

seeya

Chris :wave: :wave:

amaze_1101
10-20-2004, 02:27 AM
Hi there washerpeoples.

I've been thinking today how it's so interesting what life throws at you. Just when you think it couldn't get any more mundane it tosses you a fireball that you just have to deal with. You juggle it from one hand to the next trying to work out just what to do with it all the while afraid it will burn you. Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's not so good. But either way it makes for something exciting and vital. It stirs your emotions in ways you never thought possible and makes you re evaluate over and over. Your learn things and think deeply and look at things a whole new way.
Don't ask me what I'm talking about, it probably wouldn't make any sense.

Chris. Are you sure Brenda isn't waiting for you to just write her a poem anyway?! Just a thought. ;)

Brian Hello. :( :wave:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/41055-GIFredroses.gif

Droll It isn't a pretty time to be full of a cold. Get better soon. ;)

Kat I didn't know someones eyes could actually change shape. i nerver heard of that before. However, I know for sure the shape of ones butt can change shape after pregnancy, my one has changed four times each time a little larger than that last. lol WAAHHHH :crying: :D

Have a pleasant day and always remember it's what comes from the heart that counts, not what comes from the mouth. :wave:

Roun2it
10-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Morning each,

Well Mum OK had a little problem when they found a heart murmmer, and after X-ray an enlarged heart. But they decided to go ahead with the op anyway. Went to see her last night, she hadn't a clue about anything, just couldn't remember all the pulling, prodding and poking. Shame :(

Managed to get out and mow the lawns yesterday, the grass has been growing even though I had an operation on my leg, go figure! Anyway got rid of some of the summer bedding, it was still looking nice but a little disheveld. Must have twisted something in the knee, hurts like mad now.

Another day of sitting by the phone, got to wait for Drs rounds before I can go and pick Mum up.

So Chris is seeing elephants already :evil:

Europa
10-20-2004, 03:44 AM
MORNNG WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just zipping through - waving to everyone :wave: - am off to Stoke on Trent (oooh wonder if I will see Robbie Williams :D ) to go look at some vehicles for the business (no not a car for me :( ).

BBL

Love and Hugs

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Yorky
10-20-2004, 03:59 AM
Morning all :wave:

Miserable, murky, wet morning here :(

It's Probus day, so I will be busy getting things organised this morning.

Still no paint has been laid down :rolleyes:

Poor Kev - twisted you knee again :crying: Glad your mum came through her op am amazed she is due out so soon :confused:

Pat - you oop early again? You picked up this habit at Kington ;)

Bye for now - gotta boot up the PC - it seems to take 10 minutes to start up :rolleyes:

BBL Doug

painterbear
10-20-2004, 04:11 AM
Good Morning all,

It is almost 4:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Woke up even earlier than usual today, will probably crash in DH's recliner in a little while.

Kat, My eyeball changed shape when my second child was born. The next day, I put my contacts (hard) in and I COULDN'T SEE! Panic-ville! Fortunately, my opthamalogist was stationed in the same hospital where I had had my baby and he saw me immediately and told me what happened. Explained it was not a rare occasion for a pregnant woman's eyeballs to change during pregnancy. If I wanted to continue to wear contacts, we would have to start over from the beginning with them! At that time they didn't have the soft contacts like they have these days.

Chris, I'm looking forward to seeing how you and Kev tackle the wrinkley skin on your pachaderms, should be fun.

Ellen, Sounds as if something occasioned a lot of deep thinking on your part which has made you most philosophical about changes that either are or will be occurring in your life. Hope they are for the best.

Kev, Don't be too eager to push that knee to do things it isn't ready for yet. Even when you think you are being careful, you are putting stress on it. Let it heal, the grass won't mind.

Weaving to :wave: Brian, Droll (with his head full of cold), Pat, and all who are yet to come.

Still plodding away on my Math books projectódecimals are being introduced to the fifth graders now. What excitement!

Didn't have time to get my brushes wet yesterday, we were out running chores most of the day. Want to tackle the background on my pears. Will mix my purple so as to be able to use the blue and red in my painting too! (I'm supposed to be using complementary colors in this painting so I'm stuck with purple and yellows.) Oh, what eevile lives in the hearts of men (and women),...only The Shadow knows! Heh-heh-heh! (Anybody remember that radio mystery show????)

Off to check out the new paintings in the Gallery since yesterday.

SYL,

Sylvia

Olga
10-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Good morning friends,
Hope you get a good night's sleep Kat, Dave, Brian and Chris

Finally a moment to stop by here (mind you I should be working now)... It was not the best week so far as both of my kids are having a tough time.
First, we heard that a friend of my older daughter's got killed in a car accident... I did not know him, but it's so sad to hear of someone so young dying... and she is understandably very upset.

Then last night it turned out that Hannah got kicked out of the staff of the student paper she was writing for... She fully deserved it as she was not putting enough effort into it, but it's not nice for her anyway and she s not feeling great about it (wish I could be sure she'll learn a lesson from it.. but this learning a lesson business is not as simple as one would think)

SO, yes Elaine--I know what you mean exactly about life throwing things your way....

Another thing that was being thrown yesterday was coffee at my round bin painting--lol-my DH felt realy stupid after he sloshed a cup of coffeee over the portrait of my brother...Most of it came off, but coffee is a staining color...

It's a grey rainy day here and there are three wet green parrots sitting on the brown chestnut tree out my window.... They live in the park nearby and we do not see them in the summer when the leaves are green... I guess seeing them marks the seasons as well...

Pat--have a successful trip

Kev--good luck on your challenge painting
Good to see that Otter is feeling better...
Weaving to all before and aft...

Olga

Edit: Hi Sylvia, we crossposted... one always learns interesting things here... never knew your eyes change shape during pregnancy...(but my feel grew a whole size bigger when I was pregnant, so I guess I should not be surprised)

Sharon Douglas
10-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Good morning evryone,

I`m in shock!!!!!!!!!!
Pat was up early again :evil:

It`s very dark here again today it`s almost 10 and I`ve still got the lights on :eek:

I`m going to have to sort my painting for this weeks challenge so that we can get them posted today, I just hope the photo I took the other day is ok, because the light is awful now :eek:

I`ve got the youngest two off school today, they finished yesterday for half term.
The oldest two don`t finish until FRiday, so they are not pleased.
They all go back on 1st Nov, so I`m not pleased :( Only joking I love the kids being off school. Well most of the time :rolleyes:

Anyway lots to do, so I`ll seeya later.

BobH
10-20-2004, 06:19 AM
The Red Sox are killin' me! They won again :clap: :clap:

Oh, <yaaawwwwwnnn>, sorry for being rude. Good morning, everyone. The game didn't end until after midnight. I feel sorry for my students today. :wink2: And the 7th game is this evening, I'm going to have to be brought to school in a wheelbarrow tomorrow.

Not much planned today. Although we might go to the state fair tonight. Our first time, should be fun.

I did put some paint on paper last night while I was watching the Sox. Not the elephant, but a smaller painting. I looked at what I did when I first came up here this morning. My reaction is :confused: :confused: . Ah well, I'll have to see if I can make anything of it.

I'm having trouble thinking straight. Think I'll go pour more coffee down my throat. (Maybe I should pour it on my head).

Health and hope to all.

artmom
10-20-2004, 06:29 AM
:wave: G'day! It's a bit after 6 am here and I've been up since 4:30. Looks a bit hazy outside; I expect we'll have fog a bit later.

To all with children still at home--There is life after children! :D

Okay, Grandmama just has to brag--2nd Grade Alex received her school report for the first nine weeks. She is reading at a 4th Grade level and the teacher loves her creative writing! When she is at my house, she paints and then writes a story to go with the painting. DIL Melanie sent her mom, Ed, and me a "Thank You" note for our encouragement. I telephoned Alex to tell her I was proud of her, and she sang a new song to me--in English and then in Spanish!!! :D

I'm feeling much more inspired to paint after having two of my sold paintings come back from the framer, looking much better than I remembered them being! LOL Also, I had Uschi's painting of cherries framed and it turned out spectacular! :cool: After the sun is up, I'll ask Ed to photograph them and I'll post them in the WASH.

I'm working on having all the paintings I have from other WC!ers framed. I need to sell some more of my paintings to get the money, but first I have to paint something to sell!! I only have 3 or 4 paintings on my website that haven't sold yet! :)

(((Kev))) take care of that knee!!

Juggle that fireball until it cools, (((Elaine)))!

Good heavens, Pat, I couldn't believe it when I saw what time you posted! :evil: :D

Hi, Chris, hope you haven't electrocuted yourself yet! I want to meet you when I next visit Ontario!!

Kathy, Malty, Dave, Doug, Sylvia, Sharon, Olga, :wink2: Keep on truckin'!

Hugs to all in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your yesterday!

BBL with photos.

Lyn

Whoops, Bob, we cross-posted! DH is rooting for New York, and I'm rooting for the Sox--interesting times at our house! :evil:

Flattwo
10-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Good Mornin Drookits

Wet and grey here today

No painting yesterday,but the Loch Ness Monster popped ended up on paper, this is the best I good come up with, "The Sighting of Nessie"...the crowd gathered got excited, the man from the "Ministry" arrived...ah..he'll sort it out...lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/3457-Nessie.jpg

Shes difficult to spot but shes in the water to the right...geeeting a bit of air!

Got to go...reality calls :)

Flattwo

artmom
10-20-2004, 07:06 AM
WOW, what color! Henry, that would wake anyone up! No wonder Nessie is "taking the air!" Wish I could figure out how you can make those lively people with a squiggle of your brush!!!!! :confused: :D

Lyn

Johnnie
10-20-2004, 07:16 AM
Hi all

Well its raining here and around 6 Cel here. No light yet.

Finished all the fall cleanup yesterday with Mama. Blew all the leaves in the back yard and she cleaned everything else out.. She is on holidays for a week.. Doing a bunch of sewing for her 2 year old grandaughter. Making her a quilt for her bed.

Here is a few photos from the 25th Anniversary get to gether we had on Sat.. Was a great time.. We didnt stay to long.
This is my son and his future bride. Been going together now for 10 years.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/21575-25th-2.JPG

This is his future mother and father in law. Just great people. Mother is shy tho doesnt speak english too good.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/21575-25th-1.JPG

This is Mama and I.. I got a haircut. lol.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/21575-25th-3.JPG

We had a great time tho be it short.
Hope you like them

Have a nice day all.

Johnnie

Maddie M.
10-20-2004, 07:30 AM
LOL, Henry. :D

Nice family, Johnnie, you lucky man! Thanks for sharing.

We've been in Colorado a few months now. Snapped a photo yesterday of some of my new neighbors -- could be why we are having such a devil of a time growing landscaping plants. :rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/31227-deer.jpg

Droll, feel better soon. :wave:

-- Maddie

CharM
10-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Good morning Washonians... getting the boys off to school this morning... before we're hunted down and charged with Truancy... :D I don't know how much they'll learn today... they're pretty tired... :(

I haven't caught up with the Wash... so sending good thoughts and warm wishes for everyone...

You would be amazed at the number of towels that 6 people go through... Laundry today!!!

I'm seriously hobbling today... lots of walking in the past couple of days has left my poor hip swollen and achey...

I didn't post this pic in JJ's trip thread, but have a couple of pics that I thought you might enjoy...

For our chocolate lovers...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/20514-Chocolatiers....jpg

The mums are still blooming...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/20514-MumsTheWord.jpg

I'll get my *gift* pics uploaded in the RR thread today, too...

JJ and I have a watercolour workshop this evening... she's never been to a class, so she's excited about this one...

I've missed you guys and promise to get caught up soon... have a great day everyone!!!

CharM
10-20-2004, 07:37 AM
... had to pop back in to say...

Wow, Henry... I LOVE that painting... gorgeous colour!!!

Johnnie... what a wonderful new family... you're looking pretty spiffy!!! :D

Maddie... what a hoot!!!

BobH
10-20-2004, 07:55 AM
How tired am I, you ask? (Or maybe you didn't, I think I'm hearing voices).

I almost put toothpaste in my hair. :o :p :D

ScarletLake
10-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Morning everyone

Well tonight is my last night of work at the nursing home. I can't believe it has been 2 weeks already since I gave my notice. Unbelievable how fast time seems to be flying right now.

I framed a small picture yesterday. It was of a teakettle with strawberries & daisies. I must say it came out well. My coworker was thrilled with it. Only an 8x10 size frame but I was glad to have painted something. What to start on now.

Sylvia - you do get up early don't you. I'm thinking about going back to bed for a little while. Didn't get home until 1 am last night.

Char - I know what you mean about hips hurting. I don't know what it is but my hip has really been hurting this week. Course we've had rainy cold damp weather & everything has ached. Who know at age 30 that your joints would start hurting at 40 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You & JJ have fun at your painting workshop. I've been thinking about the Canadian get together next August. Have to figure out how far Toronto is from me. Never been to Canada. Never been to Michigan either. How far are you from me Char.

Henry - Absolutely love your painting. What virbrant colors you get. How do you do that?

Johnnie - Nice family. Your son is ver handsome & what a cute daughter in law. They sure look happy.

Well off to get some more sleep.

Anita

Starsprite
10-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Good morning darling drookits! :D

I see Malty got a pic of me cruisin around in my Austin Healey Nelsonmobile...yup that's me.... driving with one hand on the wheel, leaning off to one side, listening to the Stones in the CD player. LOL :D :D

Waving to Katinhat and Elaine!! Hey ladies wuzzup?!! :)

Waving to mr sandbanx and Malty..... Hey amigos!! :)

Thanks for the bright painting to wake me up Henry!!!!! It's great!!

(yawn).... sleepy...need another cup of coffee or another look at Henry's painting. :)

Great pics Johnny and Char!

I know your pain Dave!! Just getting over a cold here myself. I rarely get sick either. The trick though is to take some zinc lozenges...I use Cold-Eze, right when you are feeling like you might be coming down with a cold and it will cut the symptoms and time of the cold in half... I tells ya....it works!!!

Waving to everyone else.... CRS has set in deeply.

Chris...still thinking of a word... I'll get back to you later. :)

Have a great day everyone!!

Little Old Lady
10-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Greetings (wave wno't work this morn)
Rushing through running late.
Enjoy reading all the posts and looking at all the pictures.
Painting at nursing home this morn.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

Uschi
10-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Gray and drizzling!

I am late again, have been taking a NeoCitrin drink for my cold before going to bed and it sure helps one to sleep - nice that I don't have to go to work.

I think today will be a painting day.

Elaine - something very profound must have happened to you, I hope it was a very happy profound!!!

Kev - glad your mom's operation went well

Olga - yes, these things are called "learning" experiences, but only if we learn not to blame others LOL

Lyn - I'm filled with anticipation to see the cherries :clap: :clap:

Henry - love the colours you use in your paintings. QUESTION - how do you get those really dark darks, straight from the tube?? Ink???? Doesn't look like you went over and over them to achieve it.

Johnnie - son and girlfriend very handsome couple!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Betty she is looking FANTASTIC!!!! and you, well you could have bent your lips just a tiny little bit - upward :rolleyes: :D

Maddie - deer are pretty and romantic BUT NOT good news in one's garden. They eat EVERYTHING in sight, but it is a beautiful photo and shows just how tame they have become in their quest for easy food. I saw some here 10 feet from a busy road not in the least bit perturbed by the traffic

Hi Char and JJ!!!!!!!!!!! Love the photos!

((((Anita)))))))) bittersweet day for you today

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

mr sandbanx
10-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Anita Cleveland to Toronto is about 200 miles methinks. Where in Ohio are you?

Chris

jaytee
10-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Afternoon guys & gals.......

......usual problem, share all your lives, want to reply to everyone, CRS sets in

feel inadequate. go into corner to hide........... FAT CHANCE !!!! . what with all those Ebay bids in?

Sylvia. ......rug total now up to 3...... but cant remember what you asked :D :eek: :o :mad:

But Ushic et al have said everythign I thought. ......good on ya all :wink2:

HH&J&WLTAWAYTC , and those of you already been here :)

Christie
10-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Morning All!

Just finished reading the Wash! Fabulous pictures Char! I have always wanted to "do" Niagara Falls.... At some point we need to go East and show the kids where I grew up. Not sure when that will be though.

Loved all that colour Henry! How do you manage to come up with these compositions? Amazing and very stimulating for 6 am...

Must go get my sleeping beauty up. I'll start the rest of the kids on breakfast and then get her going. Sleeping beauty becomes a troll quite easily in the mornings.:D :evil:

Take care.

Europa
10-20-2004, 10:34 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well made it back in one piece - mind you we did get lost but what can you expect with three 'professional' drivers in the car (ie the three men!) We had to trawl down to a muddy compound to look at the vehicles - the salesman just didnt seem interested in helping us after we insisted on checking said vehicles on a ramp so in the end we got fed up and just walked off and came home.

Feeling a bit light headed as seems Jamie needs an oil change - well not Jamie but his car....lol - the fumes were coming in the car - we were practically high by the time we reached home. I was in a lot of pain with my coccyx - squashed in the back and trying to sit where the bumps wouldnt cause excruciating pain but it didn't work. :crying:

Waving to everyone - Johnnie love the pics - what a handsome son and it looks to me that Mama MUST have a been a child bride - she doesnt look old enough"! :D

Henry - oh the number of hours I have spent staring at the Loch Ness webcam trying to see old Nessie!!

TMTRTI - so just sending love and hugs zooming around

Am off for a recline on me bed.

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Hayward
10-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Cool and damp here - 48ļ. I am enjoying a little cold....its that time of the year.

Been keeping busy witht he drawing class 101. it's kinda fun. I see familar faces over there as well...a good representation from our watercolor arena.
Hopefully I can finish the paintings I am working on to post over the weekend.

Char sorry you hips are bothering you - my husband has had both of his replaced, one a year ago and the other 6 mos ago. I feel for what you are going through.

Elaine - whatever it is/was hang in there!

Love everyones pictures....thanks for sharing. The chocolate one is cool - would like to see that in person. My husband is a chocohaloic (however you spell it) so I'm always making brownies or fudge......

My son and his wife to are expecting their first baby anytime soon ( a girl- I hate knowing in advance, but did buy a "Packer" outfit for her) I think everyone is assigned a PACKER jacket upon birth here in Wisconsin...lol...although he is in California.

{{{{{Well wishes to all in need}}}}}

Jo

Yorky
10-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi folks!

Just a note to say I am on dial-up again. My broadband suddenly went Phut! this morning :rolleyes:

I will have to wait until David is back from Munich tomorrow before I can get it fixed - meanwhile Ruth needs the phone.

Bye

Doug

Flattwo
10-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Hi

Pat....I have stared at that web cam for ages as well, once I was sure something stirred, a hideous sight, grotesque, I saw a monster in the water?...no it was my Mother in Law taking her daily dip :D

Henry

Cathie Jones
10-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Arrgggghhh . . . drawing straight lines and circles filled with straight lines in my sleep . . . . drawing - so far - is not nearly as much fun as watercolor!!! It's funny to see the watercolor peoples' signature lines over there among the black&white signature lines of the drawing people!!!

At the risk of a couple of our members (you'll know who) taking this seriously, I present some fun ideas for maintaining your insanity today:

20 Ways To Maintain Your Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit in Your Parked Car with Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In".
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone Has Gotten Over Their Caffeine addictions, Switch To Espresso.
6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Sexual Favors"
7. Finish All Your Sentences With; "In Accordance With The Prophecy"
8. Don't Use Any Punctuation.
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Ask People What Sex They Are. Laugh Hysterically After They Answer.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
12. Sing Along At The Opera
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme
14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play Tropical Sounds All Day.
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend their Party because You're Not In The Mood.
16. Have Your Co-workers Address You by Your Wrestling Name, Rock-Hard.
17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won! I Won!"
18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking Lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner, "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."

And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity.......

20. Send This E-mail To Someone To Make Them Smile....It's
Called Therapy...

ChicagoGirl
10-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Good Morning everyone..well almost afternoon here... :)

Read today wash and as always got a few chuckles...you guys are so clever!! Enjoyed seeing pictures, and I must say Flattwo...your painting is awesome! It looks like it was created effortlessly......everything just works beautifully on it.

hey Lynn......so there's life after the kids leave home uh? What if they never leave? Just kidding... ;)
I love being a mom, and my kids are terrific, but I do think about my future. I am thinking of going back to school for some classes. My youngest is 14 and will be in high school next year, and I know once they hit high school, their social lives take off and your left in the dust.

hey Anita....Good luck with the new job!! :clap:

Well, for me today is a nice quiet day...I might do some laundry and make some dinner later, but nothing too tiring. I cleaned my house all weekend because I was hosting my Bunco club on Monday night. It a dice game and the women on my block have been playing for 50 years! I am not kidding either, we all went out to dinner to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Of course I have only been playing for maybe 6 years. It's fun and we have a few laughs.

Ok....so I'm posting my latest watercolor, and the reference image. I think I'm done, but it needs some tweeking....I like the window, but I dont like the way the ivy turned out. Also, I think something is off with the shading or shadows....

Any ideas?
by the way ....thanks to OLga for the image.

Check back in later.....
Peggy

Yorky
10-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Yippee! Back on broadband :clap:

LOL Cathie, I don't usually circulate this sort of thing but I had to pass it on :D

Peggy - naughty, naughty - should post paintings in the Gallery ;) However - you made a great start - just boost all those shadows to make it a winner.

Doug

amaze_1101
10-20-2004, 01:41 PM
20 Ways To Maintain Your Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit in Your Parked Car with Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In".
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone Has Gotten Over Their Caffeine addictions, Switch To Espresso.
6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Sexual Favors"
7. Finish All Your Sentences With; "In Accordance With The Prophecy"
8. Don't Use Any Punctuation.
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Ask People What Sex They Are. Laugh Hysterically After They Answer.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
12. Sing Along At The Opera
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme
14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play Tropical Sounds All Day.
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend their Party because You're Not In The Mood.
16. Have Your Co-workers Address You by Your Wrestling Name, Rock-Hard.
17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won! I Won!"
18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking Lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner, "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."

And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity.......

20. Send This E-mail To Someone To Make Them Smile....It's
Called Therapy...

Cathy
Thanks for the instant giggle this morning. (It's now 6.30am thrusday for me.) I will use some of these at work today especially numbers 2,3,7 and 10. The guys will throw their french fries and banana skins at me during lunch.

:wave:

Cathie Jones
10-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Elaine and Doug, I'm so glad you're as warped as I am!! I love these - especially #1 - but really am not brave enough to try them.

amaze_1101
10-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Elaine and Doug, I'm so glad you're as warped as I am!! I love these - especially #1 - but really am not brave enough to try them.

Cathy you should try it sometime. You won't believe how exciting life can be till you are warped.

At my work place we are crazy. We sing at the top of our voices to the radio trying to drown eachother out. We tape secret messages on peoples backs when they don't realise it and they get all sorts of weird comments as they go about their work. Sometimes we have food and water fights at lunch. It's hillarious and adds such zeat to one's life. You wouldn't believe what nutters we are. So the list you gave is perfect for me. Thanks :wave:

hopefulbucky
10-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Cathie absolutely loved you insanity bits. I was cracking up here at work and would love to do some of these things. Love the trashcan for in=coming work. You can imagine how these attorneys would handle that %#@%@^@#% LOL

I have seen you over in the drawing, now am going out for my lunch and start doing my circles with lines, I think I am a hopeless case. LOL But i shall try

Cathie Jones
10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Judy, I'm pretty hopeless, too. And also doing lines and circles on my lunch hour (and in my sleep!). I asked JayD if we're allowed to comment to each other and he said we could chat away . . . I was afraid to say anything. Don't think I'll have time to do the chair, but should be able to redraw the boat with straight lines tonight.

Elaine, I wish I worked in a fun place like that. It's pretty stuffy here. We're allowed to have music at our desks, but it has to be kept quiet enough that no one else can hear it!

Kate Mc
10-20-2004, 04:05 PM
LOL, Cathie, I love your funnies.

They reminded me of a game we used to play when we were young. We called it "heave!". We'd wait till dusk (when the light was uncertain), and get about three kids on each side of the street, and wait till a car came along. Just as the car reached us, we'd all pull and lean backwards as if we had a rope between the two groups of kids on either side of the street (does that make sense?) If the car slammed on its brakes, we'd SCATTER! It worked about one time in five. We thought it was hilarious. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to go out with my hairdryer.....

Kate

Starsprite
10-20-2004, 04:18 PM
LOL Cathy...those are good!!! :D I kinda like #14 for some reason...sounds like fun. :)

Mr. sandbanx is such a wonderful poet!!!! He asked me to think of a word...any word...and he said he would write a poem about it, within an hour. Well he was a wee bit late due to being at work...lol...but he came up with this for the word autumnal

I think it's great!! :) :clap: :clap:

Cos I said I would do this:

My Autumnal Palette

Put aside cerulean,
viridian and rose
Azure can wait up on the shelf
I wonít be needing those.

Cosí my autumnal palette
Is woke from summer slumber.
Its gray and brown and orange now,
with just a dash of umber.

Pinks and lemon yellow
Can wait until the spring.
Cosí my autumnal palette
Is not needing any zing.

Iíll add a touch of gold
Drop sienna in my blues
Cosí my autumnal palette
Is raw and somber hues.

Iíll need some darker yellows,
Some ochre, taupe imbued
Cosí my autumnal palette
Is muted and subdued.

CharM
10-20-2004, 04:20 PM
here is a joke you may not have seen seen yet.. ;)

A housewife takes a lover during the day, while her husband is at work,
not
aware that her 9 year old son is hiding in the closet. Her husband came

home unexpectedly, so she hides her lover in the closet. The boy now has

company.

> Boy: "Dark in here."

>

> Man: "Yes it is."

>

> Boy: "I have a baseball."

>

> Man: "That's nice."

>

> Boy: "Want to buy it?"

>

> Man: "No, thanks."

>

> Boy: "My dad's outside."

>

> Man: "OK, how much?"

>

> Boy: "$250."

>

> In the next few weeks, it happens again that the boy and the mom's lover
are
> in the closet together.

>

> Boy: "Dark in here."

>

> Man: "Yes, it is."

>

> Boy: "I have a baseball glove."

>

> Man: "How much?"

>

> Boy: "$750."

>

> Man: "Fine."

>

> A few days later, the father says to the boy, "Grab your glove.
Let's go
> outside and toss the baseball!" The boy says, "I can't. I sold
them."
>

> The father asks, "How much did you sell them for?" The son says,
"$1,000."
>

> The father says, "That's terrible to overcharge your friends like
that.
That
> is way more than those two things cost. I'm going to take you to church
and
> make you confess." They go to church and the father alerts the priest
and
> makes the little boy sit in the confession booth and closes the door."

>

> The boy says, "Dark in here."

>

> The priest says, "Don't start that **** again."

jaytee
10-20-2004, 04:34 PM
..... really glad I wasnt drinking anything when i read about kates mis-spent youth :D

JJ. that joke reminds me of an elderly irish priest I once recorded for the Beeb.......I was discussing celibacy with him.........and (of fthe record) he said it was generally no problem ........... if a husband came home unexpectecly early and found the 'father's' umbrella hanging on the outside doorknob hed know to go down to the pub :D :evil:

Have just won some full length terracotta thermally lined velvet curtains on ebay for the patio windows...........should go nicely with the three new oriental rugs :D :eek:

......went over to the gallery and typed a long and thoughtful reply to a post there.... then ba-ba put her chin on the 'escape' key.......... and it vanished :crying:

talking galleries..... madmum. any news? Must go check your thread again.......

KathyJB
10-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Charm very funny Joke LOL
Kat

KathyJB
10-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Dave sorry you have got a cold can only hope it moves on outta there soon.Malty LOL
so thats wheee all the eye talk is stemming from
I am so blind I cannot see, I have not brought my specs with me....LOL
Careful Sandy or we will have to open up a can of banx be gone
Looks like maybe Brenda did it for you with all that housesidework hehe
I am however interested in the elephant progresion do keep us posted.

Kat, My eyeball changed shape when my second child was born
Sylvia
Hmmm and I thought I was the only one with flukey eyeballs but
hey misery loves company
Actually with all the types of lenses they have no I should be able to get something that fits for me,
bye for now all:)
Katinhatgoing for happynappyzzzzzzzzzzz

droll13
10-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi all,

Our rainstorm last night knocked out my DSL connection for most of the day - just got back online.

Thanks to those commiserating with me about my cold.

Great painting, Henry.

Love the "Sanity" list, Cathie.

Waving to all the rest.

I just took some pictures out in my front yard, again experimenting with maximum zoom. These flowers (I have no idea what kind they are) measure no more than 1" to 1.5" across. Most of the pics are similar to this one; I'll try to upload the good ones into the RIL.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2004/23514-MVC-429F_crop-01.jpg

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone. It's time for me to fix myself another cup of hot tea with honey & lemon.

Sharon Douglas
10-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Kate,
I remember playing that "game"too.......oh happy times :evil:

Loved the joke Char.

btw, Andy and my challenge paintings have been posted, do we get another gold star Kate?? :angel:

Rude Joke Alert, you may want to scroll down, Blame Char she made me :evil:

If God made the top half of a woman, who made the bottom half?

The council of course, who else would put a sh*t h*le next to a play

area.. :evil:

SORRY!!!!!

Europa
10-20-2004, 06:41 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Internet has been on and off all night - seems to have settled down now so hopefully it will stay on for my duration on here.

Dave - what a fabulous photo - it makes me almost want to paint a flower (I said almost - I know my limitations! lol)

Sharon - ooooooooh I dont understand that joke! :wink2:

Love the joke Char - I have a lot of religious jokes which I get a lot of fun telling my friend Leo (much to his dismay most of the time....lol) - they are usually met with a shake of the head and a 'Oh Pat!!' - though he does find a lot of them funny. One of my favourites -

This guy died and went to heaven and St Peter was showing him around.

He said - 'Over here we have the Muslims - and here we have the Baptists - and here we have the Mormons and here we have the Church of England....' This carried on as they were walking through when suddenly they came upon a 30 foot high wall with a lot of noise coming from the other side' The man said - 'What's that?'

St Peter replied 'Shhhhhhhhh - that's the Catholics - they think they are the only ones here!!' :evil: :D

Tomorrow I will tell you the Pope one - rather long but funny!

JT - lol - must put pass that little remark onto his nibs when I see him - I remember him telling me once that some Bishop at a conference on celibacy said ' I hope that when I get to heaven I won't find that the majority of the clergy has been having fun and I missed out.'

Another very old traditional priest also was once heard to remark when the question of priests marrying came up ' I don't mind as long as they don't make it a requirement for the job' ......lol.

K am off to nose around - love and hugs

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

KathyJB
10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Dave someof us wait all of our lives to snap a picture like this!!!
Most excellent I must say!!!

kAT

droll13
10-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks Pat & Kat - glad you liked the photo. I uploaded it and a few other similar ones into the RIL.